If you ever want to be in lov...

Por infiniteflamingstar

Valerie is a shy and undervalued 17 year old girl. Her parents favors her older sister and has a clear dislik... Más

Chapter 1. Need The Sun To Break
Chapter 2. Scars
Chapter 3. Clocks Go Forward
Chapter 4. Collide
Chapter 5. Hear Your Heart
Chapter 7. Get Out While You Can
Chapter 8. Incomplete

Chapter 6. Running

190 1 3
Por infiniteflamingstar

I woke up the following day noticing James was gone. I found a note next to me.

Morning Val,
Sorry, i really had to leave for an interview. Managements been going crazy for the last few hours. Here's my number so call me if you have any troubles.  X James

Even though i was a little disappointed, i was still greatful he ditched his own priorities to stay with me. 
I saved his number in my phone and sent him a quick text.

Thank you for staying with me. I really appreciate it.  X Valerie

The door opened and Jesy and a doctor came in.

"I think you're ready to leave the hospital as long as you take it easy for the next couple weeks. Your head still might feel a little sensitive so i suggest you take a few weeks off before going back to school." He told me.  I nodded and thanked him.

Jesy gave me a back with some clean clothes. "Since your current clothes aren't very presentable and i absolutely couldn't show up at your house to ask some clothes for you, i got some of mine. But don't worry, i picked the least trashy outfit. I hope." She said sheepishly. 

I groaned, knowing her outfits were a bit.... explicit. I carefully got out, grabbed my crutches and hopped to the bathroom to change in some black skinny jeans, a leather jacket, a see through mash top and a black sportsbra. I held it up and looked at Jesy questionably.

"Oh, yeah, that goes under the mesh up shirt. It's like a fashion thing nowadays. It looks kinda hot." She shrugged.

"Not something i would wear on a casual day but i guess this will have to do for now." I sighed.

I put on the clothes and studied myself in the mirror. It didn't look that bad but it still made me feel uncomfortable.

Jesy's eyes grew wide when she noticed me. Wooow, you look better in those then i do!" I rolled my eyes. "No, i don't. I look like a college girl who tries to be a slut but fails miserably, no offense to you, but this just isn't me."

Jesy shook her head, ignoring my comment. "No seriously, you look hot. James won't be able to take his eyes off you." She teased with a grin.

I threw my pillow at her. "Oh shut up!" I laughed. "I'm probably not his type and he is like what? 27? He's a lot older then me!" 

She huffed. "So bloody what if he's 10 years older! He seems to me a lovely sweet guy who knows how to treat his girl. The way he held you yesterday, the endearments, it was clear to see he cares a lot for you. After all the shit you've been through, you finally get the love you deserve."

I heard a sound coming from my phone and i saw that James texted me back.

No problem, love! Couldn't leave you there all by yourself hurt and scared. I'm glad to to be able to help you through everything. Heard you were released from hospital. Some lunch sound good to you? At about 15:00 at Starbucks on______ street? (Can't make up a name lol)

I smiled and texted him back.

Sure, sounds good, i'll be there! X

"Why are you being all smiley, girl?" Jesy asked suspiciously. I looked up. "Oh, uhm, well, James asked me to meet up for lunch."

She grinnend. "He's totally into you, Val!"

I huffed. "No he isn't. He is just being friendly, Jes, that's all." She just laughed. "Whatever you say, V, whatever you say!"

We left the hospital and i figured i absolutely could not meet James in these clothes so Jesy and i did some shopping. We visited Forever 21.

"V, look at this, i think this would suit you amazing! She held up a cute blue floral dress. I thought it was kinda cute,  Jes helped me into the dress since it was kinda hard for me with my ankle.

"Oh my god, Val, you look so cute! Try this with it! She said while holding up a denim jacket. I put it on and looked in the mirror. It matched very good and i was surprised Jes had great sense of fashion when it came to me.

"Yep, this is it!" I said. And she squeals in delight.

"I gotta say, i know quite alot about styling when it comes to you!" She teased.

I hopped back to the changing room, quickly changed back in Jesy's clothes and i paid for my new outfit.

After that we visited a restaurant, i went to the restrooms, got help from Jesy to change back in to the dress and denim jacket.

We took a table by the window and ordered a 2 cokes.

"Sooo, you nervous about your date with James?" Jesy asked teasingly. I rolled my eyes.

"Jes, don't be ridiculous. It's not a date. He's just being friendly and polite." 

Jes held up her hands. "Okaay, chill. Other subject then. I tried to talk to my uncle to let you stay with us, but he said and i quote: 'dealing with you two girls is hard enough as it is'. And I can't find any other place for you to stay!"

"Oh, that's okay, Adam offered me to stay with him for a while." I replied.

Adam used to be my vocal teacher and now he is one of my best friends.
Besides Jes, he was the only person who knew about my situation with my parents. He would also let me stay over tons of times. He is a bit overprotective and always worried about me. To me he was like an older big brother.

Adam is gay and quite attractive. Dark hair, a stubble beard and stunning ice blue colored eyes, so yeah, he was basically every man's dream guy.

"Adam is an absolute sweetheart! We should hang out sometimes, the three of us. It's been way to long."

I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, that would be cool! I missed our little gang."

I heard a sound coming from my phone. I got a text from Adam.

Adam🌈: Jesy told me you have a date today? Why didn't you tell me?! What is his name, how old is he, does he have a job, what education does he do???

I sighed. Like i said: overprotective. I was about to reply when i noticed the time. 2:40 pm. I quickly stood up, forgetting about my ankle and hissed in pain.

"Damnit! Jes, sorry, but i have to leave right now. Gonna be late!"

"Oooh yeah, of course you have your "date"! Don't want to make a bad impression now, do we?" Jes teased.

"Ha ha, you're too funny!" I said sarcastically and quickly hugged her. "I'll text you later!"

She nodded. "Okay, have fun! Do you need help?"

I shook my head. "Nah, i'll be fine. I waved and left the restaurant.

As soon as i saw a taxi driving my way, i held my hand up. He stopped and i got in, placing the crutches beside me and gave the driver the adress.

By the time i got at the starbucks it was 2:55. I paid the driver and got out the car and went inside. I immediately caught sight of the familiar hat and long hair. I couldn't help but smile.

James noticed me and smiled sweetly. He got up and walked over to me. "Hi, love. You look gorgeous!" He said as he gently hugged me. I blushed and thanked him

"It's good to see you up and about. How are you feeling?"

"Still a bit sore, but loads better." I replied. We took our seats at a table.

"I'm so relieved to hear that. It really freaked me out last night and I couldn't stop worrying about you when i left." He said. I blushed a little.

"You really shouldn't have. I'm fine now." James smiled. "I'm really glad. So what exactly happens now? Where are you staying?

"At the moment i'm staying with a friend for a couple of days, or maybe longer, I don't know, it depends on him."

I notice James frown at the word him. Oh my, was he jealous? Naaaah i was probably just imagining things.

"As long as he treats you well than I'm satisfied.....So does he?" He adds quickly and i noticed concern and jealousy.

"He does. He's very gentle and sweet. I've known him for quite some time now and he is practically a big brother."

It could have been my imagination striking again but i sworn i could see a little hope sparking in James' eyes.

"So you don't think that your friendship would blossom into somethig else?"

"You mean a relationship? I said giggling a bit. "No, not even if I wanted it. He is not into girls so no."

"Oh okay."  My mind wasn't playing tricks with my mind as I could clearly now see relieve in his eyes. 

We were talking for a little while when his phone went off. James checked it and disappointment appeared in his eyes. 

"I'm so sorry, but I have to go. Soundcheck." He looked at me apologetically.

"Oh, it's okay, I understand. But maybe we can still hang out some times before you leave?" I asked hopefully.

James grinnend. "Yeah, absolutely!  Meet me at Hard Rock Cafe (tbh i don't know if there's one in Leeds, probably not but just pretend for the sake of the story lmao)  at 20:30 tomorrow night."

"I'd love too!" I smiled. He returned the smile. 

"It was lovely to see you again. I'm very happy to know that your okay." I shrugged. "I'm a tough cookie."

He chuckled and gently hugged me. "See you tomorrow then, beautiful." He said as he took my hand and kissed it, like the first time we met.  I blushed. "See you tomorrow." I replied softly.

He got in a cab and gave me a quick smile before they drove away.

I giggled and made my way to Adam's house.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

477 0 72
EDITING A 17 year old girl named Rose as been abused since her mother died. she moves to a different schools and was starting all over again . what...
780K 32.7K 12
She, trapped in an abusive relationship. He, desperate to save her. She, blinded by a sick kind of love. He, dying to take her away from all the pain...
4K 167 71
Molly a seventeen year old girl has been abused for the seven years that her father was in their lives. When memory's come flooding back what helps h...
11.4K 343 19
Harmony is a 17 year old girl. She is shy, smart, kind, quiet, and introverted. People at school call her mean and hurtful things. Her father abuses...