It All Started With A Dare |...

By xoxoavaaa

Her name, Mackenzie Ziegler His name, Johnny Orlando Two teens, One summer. The possibilities are endless. T... More

It All Started With A Dare
Chapter 1, The Last Day
Chapter 2, The Neighbors And Hayden
Chapter 3, Making New Friends
Chapter 4, Planning
Chapter 5, The Mall
Chapter 7, Movie 'date' P2
Chapter 8, Secrets Unleashed
Chapter 9, First Kiss
Chapter 10, Over?
Chapter 11, How I Really Feel

Chapter 6, Laser tag & Movie 'Date'

501 14 6
By xoxoavaaa

Kenzie's POV.

We arrived at "LAZER TAG CENTRAL" Which was a laser tag place in California.

Standing there right outside was a dancing panda holding a balloon.

"Guys look! It's a dancing panda with a balloon!" Ruby laughed as she pointed out the window.

"Oh yeah, it is a dancing panda with a balloon." Hayden giggled.

We all kinda laughed for a second there.

"Welp, Have fun guys!" The uber waved as we all got out the car.

"Nice moves." I say walking over to the panda guy. He was dancing to "swish swish" by Katy Perry.

"Thanks! It's kinda my job." He giggled. He was actually pretty cute.

"As long as you're making the mula!" I say nudging him as we laughed.

"You're actually really cool. Take this balloon!" He said handing me a red balloon.

"But, you don't have anymore!"

"Don't worry about it, i saved the best for last." He winked.

"Mind if i join in on your dance sesh?" I asked.

"Well, do you have moves?" He gestured.

"Duh! I won most of my competitions when i was a dancer!" I bragged.

"Well, let's test this theory!" He laughed has he changed the song.

The song was called "What lovers do" by maroon 5, one of my favorites!

"I love this song!" I say while dancing. "Just follow me!" He said while doing some killer moves.

He was actually really good. I started to follow his routine.

"Kenzie! Let's go!" One of the girls called out.

I turned to see the entire gang waiting on me impatiently, then i turned back to the panda guy.  "Hold on for a sec" I say

"Alright, by the way, Kenzie, that's a beautiful name." He winked again.

"Thanks panda guy!" I say while running near my friends.

"Just call me Alex!" He shouted out. "Okay alex!" I say shouting back.

Lauren's POV.

"Who gave you that?" I asked pointing to the balloon in her hand.

"Oh just alex, he's the panda guy!" She said pointing to a panda mascot.

"I want one!" Ruby frowned. "Too bad their out.." Kenzie said.

Ruby made a frowny face.

"Here take it" She says giving the balloon to Ruby. "No, Kenz.."

"Shh, just take it." She says. Ruby took the balloon, as soon as she got it, she let it go!

"No! No Blobby!" Kenzie cried. "Blobby?" Johnny laughed.

"Shut up johnny! Like you don't name your balloons!" Kenzie snapped.

"...I don't." Johnny said awkwardly. "Whatever, we gotta find blobby!" Kenzie said chasing after it.

"Are we ever going to do laser tag?" Jacob sighed.

"Ugh, guys hold on." I say while running over to Kenzie who was jumping like she was on a trampoline.

"Blobby! Come back!"

I kinda got a hold as she fidgeted to get out. I dragged her,by the hands, back over to everyone else.

"Got her." I say a little out of breath.

"I lost blobby..." She sighed. "Kenzie it's okay, we'll get you a new one!" Said Jacob.

"There aren't any new ones!" She playfully pouted.

"Yo kenz!" Some guy called. I looked up to see the panda guy.

"Yes?"

"Why don't you ask your friends over to come dance with us!" Oh god...

I can't dance to save my life.  I'm so gonna screw up.

"Sounds like a plan!" Jenna said.  "C'mon guys, he'll show you the dance routine and everything!" Kenzie gestured.

Everyone agreed on dancing, except for me.  "You guys go have fun...i'll be waiting inside." I say awkwardly.

"C'mon laur! You miss out on everything!" Annie said.

"That's actually true. Lauren you never do anything, let yourself loose for a bit" Johnny suggested.

I shook my head no but they all started shouting "Let's go lauren! Let's go lauren!"

"Alright, alright! Fine! I'll do it!"

"Yay!" They cheered. "But don't expect me to do good." I say breaking the cheering.

Johnny's POV.

We all laughed and walked over to where the panda guy had his DJ set.

The song he was playing was "What lovers do"

Him and Kenzie instantly starting dancing in sync...and i gotta say..Kenzie was pretty good.

I seriously didn't know that girl could dance.

I guess kenzie could read our facial expressions because we were all a little confused.

"Here, just follow my lead." She says doing a few simple moves.

We followed along as we actually begin to look pretty in sync! Even Lauren was doing a good job.

"Woo!" Said some girl who was walking in the parking lot.

She and a few others came over to watch us dance! It was great.

Eventually a crowd formed and everyone was watching us, but i was focused on Kenzie.

I wonder what other talents she has.

Kenzie's POV.

A lot of people paid money just to watch us dance! It was so cool!

Hayden did a back flip and a few killer moves.

The song eventually went off and everyone clapped for us!

"Props to you panda!" I say giving him a hug as we finished.

"Hey, you're the one who stole the show!" He smiled.

"Wooo! Who was that cute guy in the back?" I overheard a girl in the crowd say.

"You guys were awesome!"

"I'd totally pay to see that again!"

"I recorded the whole thing!"

The crowd was so happy. I was used to preforming in front of crowds because i used to do competition dance!

I walked over to Johnny who casually smiled and said "I didn't know you could dance!"

"Welp, i'm full of surprises!" I say giving him a hug.

I guess Ruby had saw us because she had yelled "Group hug!!"

Everyone came over and it all turned into a group hug.

I broke it up by saying "off to the laser tag!"

We all ran into the laser place and instantly got our laser guns.

"I call red team!" I say while getting my red gun.

"I call team captain!" Casey said and smirked at me.

Weird...

We all chose our teams. Everyone got the red team except for Lauren. Poor Lauren.

She had to team with a bunch of 11 year olds.

"Guys come behind this wall!" Casey motioned.

"Got a plan?" Annie asked. "No." Haha.

"Then why the freak are we back here?" Julie asked.

"So i can get a kiss...from Kenzie of course!" Casey leaned in.

"No thanks..." I said turning his face the other way. Instead of kissing me, he kissed the wall.

"Nice try Casey, but everyone knows i'll win!" Said Jacob. All the guys eyed him in fear.

"Win..what?" I asked. "Uh..Uhm.. this game! We all know i'll win this game!" Jacob said.

Jacobs POV.

Saved it! As the girls walked to the other wall, Jack shoved me and said "Dude you need to be more careful next time!"

"Exactly, we almost got caught!" Said Casey. "Alright im sorry guys." I gestured.

"Guys just chillax. Besides, we have a laser game to win." Hayden smiled as he ran from one wall to another.

I looked up to see Kenzie killing the game. She was nearly shooting all of them.

I guess she noticed me looking because she gave me a thumbs up.

"Guys we gotta go!" Casey says running by a wall.

I was about to go when i saw Lauren right in front of me.

No gun.

No armor.

She looked two ways to see if she could escape, unfortunately it was a dead in for her.

"Oh come on!" She sighed. "I'm sorry Laur, but i gotta do this.." I say grabbing my laser gun.

"Wait a second, Uhh, how about we call a truce! Please guys! I'm your friend!" Lauren begged.

"Not in this game you aren't. You're the enemy!" Hayden said dramatically.

I finally pointed the laser gun to Lauren, ready to shoot.

"Shoot her Jacob! Go!" I heard Johnny yell.

Kenzie's POV.

I was about to shoot one of 11 year olds when I saw my team doing something.

I walked over too see, Jacob was about to kill Lauren. Poor Lauren.

Me, being the game changer i am, Jumped in front of Lauren and took the shot for her.

"Kenzie! What the heck?" Jacob said a bit frustrated.

"We were about to win!" Jenna said. "Sorry, i tripped..." I say scratching my arm.

"Yeah, you totally 'tripped.'" Johnny laughed.

"Great, now we're probably disqualified." Casey says in a annoyed tone.

"Team red? You're disqualified!" Some voice said on the speaker.

"This is just quite dandy isn't it?" Annie said.

"Sorry guys..." I walked over to put my laser gun up.

They all rolled their eyes and put up their armor. Sore losers.

"Hey! Look on the bright side!" Lauren said "I win!"

"Ugh."

"We could've won Lauren, so don't get to excited." Ruby says.

"Thanks for taking the shot, Kenz." Lauren says while towards me.

"No problem. Even though everyone's mad at me right now, I'm glad you won!" I say hugging her.

"OTP! OTP!" Ruby yelled from across the room. "Best friend goals!" Julie clapped.

"What's an OTP?" I asked, a little confused.

"One true pair! You and Lauren our are goals!" Ruby smiles while taking a billion pictures of us.

"Thanks...?" Lauren says as we laughed. Ruby's adorable, honestly, but she can be a little wacko

- - -

Once we all left the Laser Tag Place, we called an uber and were on our way home.

"So, what do we do now?" Jacob asked.

"Well, i don't know about you guys, but me and Jacky boy over here, are gonna watch a movie." I say playfully ruffling Jacks hair.

"Ooh what movie?" Julie asked.

"Y'know, we haven't really figured it out yet." Jack laughed.

Johnny's POV.

"Wait, as a date?" I asked. There was no way Jack and Kenzie were dating already. He just met her!

"No silly! As friends." Kenzie informed.

Phew. I was worried i lost my chance for a sec.

Maybe i should tell her about the music video thing i have planned...

Okay, i got this.

"Kenz, when we get home...I need to ask you something..." I say trying not to sound weird.

"Alright...?" She said with a little confusion in her voice.

The guys shot me a look. They probably think i'm gonna ask her out or something.

But i'm not Casey. I take things slow y'know? Plus, I really wanna know about this girl more!

She seems amazing by far.

- - -

We finally reached home and the uber left. Ruby and Jenna decided to go home since it was 6pm, and the rest of us went to Lauren and I's house.

We all kinda just sat on the couch because we were kinda drained out from all the things we did.

"So...what now?" Annie said breaking the silence.

"I dunno." Hayden said while turning on the T.V.

"Well i thought johnny over here was gonna ask me something" Kenzie said while pointing at me

"Oh yeah..Wait come outside." i tell her while walking out to through the back door.

Few seconds later, she came. "Well, what's up?" She says casually.

"Kenzie, I know this is a little to forward but," I pause for a second.

Okay, how do i find the right words for this?

It's not like i'm asking her out or anything. I just don't want her to think i'm using her or something.

Kenzie's POV.

Oh lord, he's about to ask me out.

"So...You were saying...?" Get ready to be rejected! Because i am not ready for a relationship.

"Wait, take off your shoes!" He says. "Why?" I laughed.

"Let's go by the pool!"

"No way! You're gonna try to push me in!" I nudged him.

"Nah, I'm a nice guy!" He laughed.

"Only a nice guy when you're not around the pool!"

Which was actually true. I remember Annie saying he used to push her in the pool all the time.

"Oh c'mon, i won't do it today. I promise" He says softly.

"Okay! Okay! I'm takin them off!" I say while slipping of my shoes.

I threw my shoes & socks some where away from the pool as he did the same.

"Splishy Splashy" I said while moving my feet in the water.

"Slipshy Splashy..?" He raised an eyebrow.

"It's something i used to say when i was younger" I laughed.

"Makes sense" He chuckled.

"So, You ever gonna tell me what you need? I gotta go somewhere soon." I say in a rushing tone.

"Oh right. So, As you know i'm a singer,"
I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, go on..."

"And i was wondering, if you'd like to be featured in one of my next videos, y'know, like playing the lead girl..." He said while fidgeting with his fingers.

"Hmm..Do i get anything out of this?"I had some ideas in mind.

"Anything you want! Only if it's below 15 dollars and isn't a gun, then yeah we're good!" He said causing me too laugh.

"Haha...Alright! Deal!"

"Let's shake on it!" He says putting out his hand.

"Okay." I say shaking his hand.

I felt a little sneaky today, so i did the worse thing.

I got up from the pool, went behind him and shoved him in.

"Hey! I thought you said no pushy pushy!" Johnny said coming up from the water.

"Well yea, for me but not for you!" I winked and ran inside the house, leaving him there all soaked and wet.

- - -

It was almost 6pm. I decided to go home so i could get ready for tonight.

"Hey JJ!" I say while walking past him in the living room.

"Ayy! Are you doing anything tonight?" He asked.

"Actually, I am. I'm going to the movies with Jack. Why?"

"Because, I was planning on going to this party with Maddie and we'd just thought you'd wanna come!" He says plopping from the couch.

"Who's all going?" I asked.

"Like the entire neighborhood! And there's gonna be ice cream!" Maddie said walking in.

"Nobody told me there was gonna be a party...." I say. I was a little sad now.

"Well, it ends at 11pm. So you could come through 7-10." JJ informed.

"I'll see what i can do. Anyways, i gotta go change. Jacks waiting on me." I say while going upstairs.

"Wait, who's jack?" Maddie asked which stopped me.

"My friend, he wanted to see a movie, so why not go with him?" I gestured.

"Mhm." Maddie smirked. I rolled my eyes and ran upstairs.

I decided to put on a black jumper, a black necklace, a silver bracelet and black earrings.

For my makeup, i put on black mascara, lipgloss and eyeliner.

I looked in my long wall mirror to make sure i looked okay.

Not to dressy I thought.

My phone beeped. One message from Jack, Five from Lucas and Three from Arianna.

I clicked Jacks message first.

J: Hey i'm outside
K: Kk i'll be there in two :)

Then i clicked on Lucas's Message.

L: Hey..
L: We need to talk...
L: Kenz, u there?
L: Hello?
L: Guess you don't have time for me anymore :(
K: OMG i'm so sorry! I just didn't have the time to check my phone.

I felt bad that i haven't got the chance to text my old friends. Guess i'm just too busy now.

Then i checked Arianna's.

A: Hey!
A: We miss you!
A:Lol, We're still on to that plan about kidnapping JB?
K: of course we are 😂

It felt weird texting Arianna, like we're still friends, just not as close as we used to be.

I grabbed my purse (just incase we were gonna buy anything) and ran back downstairs.

"Kenzie's Jacks waiting on you downstairs!" Maddie yelled.

"I know." I say opening the front door.

"Enjoy your date!" JJ winked.

"It isn't a date!!" I rolled my eyes. There stood Jack at the front door.

He looked pretty decent, Like almost if it were prom.

"You look beautiful." He smiled. "Thanks, you look pretty great too!" I say as we walked down the porch stairs.

"So, you wanna walk? Or call an uber?" He suggested.

"Walking is fine. Plus i need the exercise!" I laughed.

"Are you kidding? You're the fittest girl i know." He complimented.

"Well thanks" I smile.

"So, what movie you wanna see tonight?" He asked.

"Well, i dunno. Let's just find one when we get there."

Johnny's POV.

Me and Lauren were outside. Mom made us clean the yard and stuff.

As i was picking up stuff, i saw two people from the corner of my eye.

It was Jack and Kenzie.

They were going on their date...

I looked a little closer, Kenzie looked happy. Like the happiest she's ever been.

I felt a little jealousy in me, NO i didn't like her, it's just weird seeing her with other guys.

Okay maybe i do like her, I mean she's just so cool and cute and just...ugh.

If only it were me to ask her instead of jack.

Wait a minute.

"Lauren is Kenzie going to the party tonight?" I turned to Lauren who was jamming to music on her phone.

"Yeah i think, why?"

"Just wondering." I say. This is great.

She's going to the party and i'll get a chance to talk to her more, maybe even make a move on her? Nah too soon.

I just needed to know more stuff about this girl!

I mean she can dance, she's funny, pretty and she's just a like-able person.

If she could sing, that'd be even better.

"Johnny," Lauren said while snapping me out my thoughts.

"Yea?" I turned to her.

"What's going on?" Her facial expression changed.

"What do you mean? Like right now?"

"No. With you, the boys, and Kenzie. It's like you guys are all hung up on her or something." Lauren exclaimed.

Shoot, i totally forgot about the other girls. What if they start to find out things about our little dare?

"I'm not hung up on her," I laughed. "I just wanted to know where she was." I shrugged.

"Mhm, sure, and i totally have a huge crush on Hayden!" Lauren said as she continued cleaning.

"Wait, you do?"

"No idiot. It's sarcasm! Now get back to cleaning before mom gets mad." She rolled her eyes.

"Whatever," I said.

- - -

Kenzie's POV.

We finally arrived at the movie theater after a long walk.

"My legs are warned out." I say as Jack opened the door for me.

"Want me to carry you?" He smirked. "Actually that doesn't sound so bad right now." I laughed.

"Ahaha, lets go!" He says grabbing my wrist as we ran to the concession stand.

"Want some popcorn?" He asked. "As long as it's covered with butter!" I say.

If popcorn didn't have butter on it, it was super gross to me.

"Anything else?" He asked.

"I'm good, get yourself something though." I gestured.

"I'm gonna get a big bag of candy." He chuckled.

"You must really want a sugar rush then!" I nudged him with a smile.

We paid for our things and walked to through the halls.

Each sign had a movie that was currently playing / it was going to play after.

"So, have you decided yet?" He clicked his shoes.

"Actually yes. Let's see that new star wars movie!!" I say grabbing his hand.

"You like star wars?"

"Nah, but everyone's talking about it."

"True, lets go find seats!" He whispered.

As we stepped inside of the movie theatre, i noticed two people sitting in the front row.

It was...

Annie and Hayden?!

————————-
#HANNIE LMAOO I JUST HAD TO ADD THIS IN BC I LOVE HANNIE

STAY TUNED FOR PART TWOO!!!

-Ava 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.1K 801 23
Being famous, all your fans support Jenzie, you have feelings for him that you can't deny. Does he feel the same way about you? If so, will you make...
6.2K 195 40
Life of Lauren: Lauren Orlando has trouble making friends because her brother Johnny Orlando always dates them and breaks their hearts, living in Tor...
27.3K 611 33
Mackenzie Ziegler | Johnny Orlando | Lauren Orlando "I'm so sorry for all the harm I caused you." "I'm completely and utterly in love with you too." ...
60.4K 2.6K 43
"Just like first love, you give everything and you give too much." Mackenzie Ziegler and her sister Maddie are well-known reality TV stars from Dance...