Futureless

By DannyAsokan

"My life is futureless," Andrea Walker travels 14 days into the future to realize one startling fact- she... More

The Beginning...
Living In The Future...
The Tifias...
2115- The Further Future
What Happens Next...
Two Ryans, Two Andreas
Your Life's Not Futureless Anymore...
Past Into Present...
Retribution
The Best Laid Plans
Rekindling Intricacies...
Shocks and Marches...
Futureless... and Lifeless
Epilogue

Back To The Future

4 0 0
By DannyAsokan

December 2115

"What the hell's happened here?"

Andrea was shocked to see the horrifying sights of Usrington City in 2115. She had expected the future to be similar to what she had seen two months ago, with the flying cars, billboards, and crowded population. But instead, she was greeted to a war-torn city, reeking of rotten flesh.

"This is how the future looks like?" quipped Lucy, "That's awful."

"That's funny," remarked Andrea, "The last time I was here, there were flying cars and tons of people crowding in the packed streets."

"Well, they're still here," remarked Lucy, "But I guess they don't work anymore."

Lucy pointed to the smashed car remains in flames lying at the side of the pavement. The car was burning fiercely as Andrea and Lucy moved to their right to avoid the after-effects of the storming of the Tifian headquarters.

"The people of the future have everything," remarked Lucy, "What could they possibly be fighting about?"

"They fought once, Lucy," said Andrea, "An android told me last time that there was a Time War."

"Time War?" quipped Lucy, whose eyes immediately gained interest, "What the hell is that?"

Before Andrea could answer her friend's question, a shell landed in her path. She screamed as she leapt to her left and hid behind some bricks for safety.

The shell exploded almost immediately, but luckily Lucy was able to dive away as well and obtain cover behind those bricks.

"What in God's name is going on?" asked Lucy worriedly .

"I don't know Lucy," said the breathless Andrea, "Something's going on."

"OOZMA KAPPAS, LAY DOWN YOUR WEAPONS! OR WE WILL FIRE!" hailed a loud, mechanical voice coming from a flying tank.

Andrea's eyes caught the sight of an army of androids marching in front of her. The white, chrome-bodied androids were carrying guns in their hand. Andrea crouched down to prevent herself from being seen by those androids.

"Lucy, get down," said Andrea urgently, "We can't let them see us."

Lucy paid no attention to Andrea's remarks. She continued looking at the androids who were scouting the war-torn streets for potential victims.

"LUCY!" said Andrea in an apprehensive voice as she pulled the girl towards her, "Get down."

Suddenly, Andrea and Lucy both heard a loud female scream.

"Why are you doing this to me?" yelled a woman, "I didn't do anything to deserve this."

Lucy slowly peered up from the bricks and saw the woman, who had a look full of worry and apprehension. Her eyes were inwards and her white hair shriveled, with her fair African face filled with blood and scratch marks.

"No exceptions," hissed one of the androids in the army, "You will have to die!"

The woman yelled for mercy, but her pleas were ignored by the androids. They immediately shot the poor old woman, who yelped in pain as her body exploded into pieces, with blood gushing everywhere.

"NO!" yelled Lucy who suddenly stood up from the blocks of bricks.

The androids turned their heads towards Lucy.

"You heartless piece of creatures!" yelled Lucy to the androids, "How could you ever think of killing-"

"Lucy, NO!" stood up Andrea suddenly.

The robots immediately emitted a screeching sound as soon as Andrea stood up. Their million-dollar prize had been found. All of their weapons quickly pointed towards Andrea Walker, whom they had waged war against their human masters to gain.

"Walker must die," said one android, "Walker must die."

The androids immediately chorused in agreement.

"You're not going to kill me," declared Andrea bravely, "I WON'T LET YOU!"

The androids immediately rushed towards Andrea, who darted like a bullet from her previous hiding place. Clicking sounds were heard as the androids fired their bullets on Andrea, who rolled towards a brick wall to obtain some cover. And

"WALKER DOWN!" chorused the androids

At that very moment, Lucy realized that the androids had just darted past her without even attempting to fire at her.

"That's funny," remarked Lucy, "Those robots just passed by without even killing me."

Almost at once, Lucy realized that the androids had a weakness.

"WALKER DOWN!"

"Lucy! What are you doing?" yelled Andrea, who was running from the androids, "Why aren't you hiding?"

"They're not going to kill me," laughed Lucy, "They don't even know who I am."

Lucy then gave a kick to an android who was marching past her. The android yelped in pain as he lost his balance and fell on the rough road with a thud. Lucy immediately usurped his weapons which laid messily on the blood-filled road.

"They've only been told to kill you and not me," remarked Lucy, "Well, it's high time someone killed them then."

Lucy fired her futuristic gun towards the androids were shooting at Andrea. The gun was exactly like a present-day gun, with flaming and superfast bullets being fired by the gun. Lucy shot as many androids as she could to prevent them from killing her best friend.

"YES!" she cheered as dozens of androids fell on the road, their motherboards destroyed by the gun.

Without warning, the androids' heads made a 180-degree turn and stared at her. Lucy screamed as their blood-shot eyes truly terrified her.

"Hostile enemy engaged. Hostile enemy engaged." chorused the robots in their mechanical voice.

"Uh oh," muttered Lucy in fear.

The robots began firing at Lucy, who was incredibly fearful and ran for her life, screaming for help. She was able to fire one or two occasional shots at the androids, but the androids were much more well-trained than her.

"ANDREA!" yelled Lucy, "HELP ME!"

Andrea heard her friend's cries for help.

"Lucy," yelled the brave girl, "Hold on tight!"

The brave girl immediately picked up some bricks and hurled it at the evil, wretched androids. She hurled it with as much strength as she could summon that the bricks rapidly flew like a javelin and severely impacted the androids.

Before even the androids could respond to Andrea attacking them, the brave girl ran as fast as she could behind a old, dilapidated boulder. Lucy continued firing at the androids as rapidly as she could, as she saw the androids fall one by one.

"Go Lucy!" yelled Andrea.

All of a sudden, Andrea felt a gun being pointed directly at her head. Andrea turned to her right and saw the evil, cackling face of an android soldier with only Andrea's death on his mind.

"I guess this is the end to the world's greatest wannabe bitch then?" asked the android as his chrome hand tightened on the trigger.

Andrea then suddenly felt a sudden burst of strength and bravery coming inside of her. She gave the perfect reply to the android soldier.

"Look who's talking," replied Andrea as she aimed a karate-kick at the android. Her karate-kick was incredibly powerful as she successfully managed to displace the android. He yelped in pain as he fell onto the ground with a thud.

Andrea grabbed his futuristic gun and fired the bullets on his head, immediately incapacitating him. The android let out a loud groan as his motherboards permanently ceased to function.

"Andrea, watch out!" yelled Lucy as she was firing at the androids too and watching her best friend fend them off.

The androids immediately darted to Andrea, firing their guns at her but the girl remained steadfast. She continued firing at all of them, ducking and darting from bullets occassionally but never missing her aim.

"Lucy, TEAR DOWN THIS FREAKS!" yelled Andrea as she rallied support for her best friend.

Lucy and Andrea continued firing at the Oozma Kappa androids, who were defeated one by one as their motherboards were permanently incapacitated by the impact of their firing.

"Walker d-" muttered the weakened androids but it was feeble and of no use as Andrea and Lucy got rid of every single android that had been sent to get rid of them.

Lucy sighed in amazement as the last android they shot collapsed on the floor. She released her gun and let it fall on the floor.

"I can't believe you managed to finish them off with karate," remarked Lucy.

"I learnt it a long time ago," remarked Andrea, "It was all part of parkour."

"You took parkour?" asked a shocked Lucy.

Andrea nodded, and replied, "Yeah, when I was still a sci-fi fan."

"But you aren't anymore?" asked Lucy.

"Nope, not after Bridget died."

Lucy was shocked to hear this confessing revelation from Andrea.

"But you're my new best friend Lucy," said a smiling Andrea, "We were totally badasses, killing all those robots. Bridget never did any of this."

"I guess you have a point there," beamed Lucy.

Andrea and Lucy stared into each other's eyes for a moment. A silence echoed around the windy, barren city that had a depressing yellow sky overlooking it.

"Come on," said Andrea as she picked her weapon and snapped her fingers, "We need to get going. There may be more of them waiting at the headquarters."

Lucy flashed Andrea a smile as she picked up her weapon, and followed her best friend to headquarters.

******************

"I gave him one simple job," said Patricia with a voice full of seething, creeping anger, "And that idiot screwed it!"

Harvey knocked his hand against the chrome-plated wall of his time machine in anger. He was as disappointed and angry at Hunt's death in the explosion at the petrol station. He looked up at the top of the time machine, his face filled with a sigh and look full of regret.

"It's just the two of us left," remarked Patricia, "That son of a bitch ruined everything."

"Edward doesn't deserve those immoderate words that you're using, Patricia," replied Harvey bluntly, "You might as well save those words for someone less useful."

"Less useful?" questioned Patricia, "Less useful?"

Patricia sneered at Harvey's comment.

"Edward is a dumb idiot," remarked Patricia coldly, as Harvey handed a unnerving look towards her, "He promised the stars when we couldn't reach the sky."

"Well, you could have stopped him, couldn't you?" thundered Harvey, "Nobody asked you to put us through this."

"You seriously think that there was a better way to keep everyone happy than to rob headquarters and kill everyone there?"

Patricia was appalled at Harvey's comments.

"You couldn't even deal with Andrea by yourself," sneered Patricia, "You brought me out of my happy, clerical life to deal with these imbeciles."

"Hey, you're very lucky to still be working here," quipped Harvey, "You screwed up so much in 2003."

"Only because you split on me, you two-face bastard," yelled Patricia, "If you hadn't told them about it, everything would have been just fine."

Harvey showed a clear look of disgust to Patricia.

"Hadn't told them about it?" sneered Harvey, "Hadn't told them.... Why, do you even hear yourself, Patricia?"

Patricia was taken aback by Harvey's remark.

"You were supposed to eliminate that wretched scientist, but instead you fell in love and got married to him," yelled Harvey as he clenched his gritted teeth, "Do you know how much you changed the past because of that?"

"But we change the past every single second, Harvey," thundered Patricia, "That's your favourite part of the job, isn't it? Erasing other people's happy lives? Just like what you made me do for Sage."

"Don't bring Sage into this," thundered Harvey, "He's out of the Tifian life for good."

"Only because I took him away," countered Patricia, "You would have drove him mad."

Harvey stared into Patricia's eyes with full of anger. He really wanted to lay his hands and beat the pulp out of this wretched woman.

"What you did with Sage was unethical," responded an angry Harvey, "That's why you deserve what you got with that wretched scientist."

"Don't you start lecturing me about ethics, you moron," stressed Patricia, who was equally as angry as Harvey, "I'm the main reason Sage's even existing today."

"You're the main reason we had to go back in time and take him from his parents anyways," remarked Harvey coldly, "So much for not being a true woman."

Patricia gave Harvey the death stare. Her face was filled with the ultimate loathing and hatred that she directed to her ex-husband.

"I could just kill you now and take Andrea on by myself," said Patricia in a bold voice as she swooped towards Harvey like an eagle, "You're just as horrible at working with people as being an ex-husband."

"Go on, kill me then," said Harvey unflinchingly as his eyes twitched up and down, "As if you're going to be able to find Andrea. You needed my help just to get the time machines back. What makes you think you'd be able to progress further by yourself?"

Patricia was about to take out her gun and fire it on Harvey as she neared him, but upon realizing the truth behind Harvey's words, she decided to retreat her gun and keep it with her.

"Ah," sighed Harvey as he carved a twisted smile on his lips with Patricia stepping back, "Finally, you've decided to submit to me."

"Submit to you?" asked Patricia, "Get a hold of yourself, you turd."

Patricia turned her back against Harvey and walked to the other side of the time machine, determined to get away from the wretched beast. She could clearly see that their uneasy alliance was being chipped away. She shuddered to think what would happen once their alliance was to truly break.

"Miss Dharker, Miss Dharker!!!" echoed a voice from the loudspeaker in her time machine, interrupting their fight, "Miss Dharker!"

Patricia and Harvey were equally alarmed at the emergence of the voice from the loudspeaker.

"What's wrong, Arman?" replied Patricia, "Is everything alright?"

There was no response from the loudspeaker. Patricia repeated her message, but there was still no returning voice from the future.

"Must be a random voice transmission," shrugged Harvey.

"Mr Harvey, we need to speak to Miss Dharker!!" echoed the same voice again.

Harvey's eyes widened upon hearing those words.

"What's wrong?" rushed Harvey to the screen, "Tell me what's wrong!"

"Arman!" yelled Patricia.

"They're here," said Arman as he dropped the bombshell, "They've come to the future."

That was shocking news to Patricia and Harvey. Their plans of starting up a war to create a diversion in killing Andrea and Dr Khan had been completely ruined, for Andrea had arrived in 2115.

"Wait a minute," said Patricia suddenly, "I killed Gabriel. Why you're saying they?"

"She's here with another girl, Miss Dharker," said the android named Arman, "They've entered the headquarters."

"They've reached the headquarters?" gasped Patricia in alarm, and Harvey was equally apprehensive, "Why didn't you stop them?"

"We did try to stop them," replied Arman, "But they killed them all."

"Are you goddamn serious?" snapped Harvey. Patricia was equally angry at the android named Arman too.

"You fuzzers let two 25-year old girls defeat every single android that was sent to eliminate them?"

There was no answer from the other side.

"Arman!" yelled Harvey, "Answer me!"

Harvey and Patricia both heard a loud click as the speaker was disconnected.

"We have to get back to the future now," said Patricia apprehensively, "If the Thetas get to her first, everything we ever fought for will never be remembered again."

"But we're wanted for mass slaughter in the future because of you," remarked Harvey coldly, "How are we going to get back without getting shot at?"

Patricia gave Harvey a cruel and wicked laugh.

"Simple. We kill them first."

She pressed the green button on her time machine, which immediately filled the Usrington City park with a blinding flash of bluish-green light, as Harvey and Patricia left the destroyed past to vanish completely into the unknown- a 100-year future that had rapidly changed due to their own actions.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 619 51
A dystopian young adult novel involving romance, secret experiments on human subjects, and a group of teenagers' will to survive. Reader Comments: "...
351 40 26
You are warned that there is strong language and sexual context is used. Alessa Nealan had a normal life but in the middle of Junior Year of High Sch...
416 6 2
***SLOWLY EDITING BUT THE BOOK IS COMPLETED IF YOU WANT TO READ THIS VERSION*** He once lived in a normal house hold with a happy family. That was un...
BLUE VENOM By Lia

Paranormal

518 107 22
"Holy crap", I said, staring at the huge green forest opening we were standing on. Only it wasn't a forest. Thick, lush jungle surrounded us. We were...