The Dangers of Falling (in Lo...

By Sourwolf_sterek32

Stiles lives on his family's cattle farm, 60km away from the small country town called Beacon Hills, with his... More

Chapter 1-
Chapter 2-
Chapter 3
Chapter 4-
Chapter 5-
Chapter 6-
Chapter 7-
Chapter 8-
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11-
Chapter 12-
Chapter 13-
Chapter 14-
Chapter 15-
Chapter 16-
Chapter 17-
Chapter 18-
Chapter 19-
Chapter 20-
Chapter 21-
Chapter 22-
Chapter 23-
Chapter 24-
Chapter 25-
Chapter 26-
Chapter 27-
Chapter 28-
Chaptet 29-
Chapter 30-
Chapter 31-
Chapter 32-
Chapter 33-
Chapter 34
Chapter 35-
Chapter 37-
Chapter 38-
Chapter 39-
Chapter 40-
Chapter 41
Chapter 42-
Chapter 43-
Chapter 44-
Chapter 45-
Chapter 46
Chapter 47-
Chapter 48-
Chapter 49-
Chapter 50-

Chapter 36-

2.4K 108 13
By Sourwolf_sterek32

"I can't believe she left me something for my birthday, what do you think it is?"
Stiles asks as he takes a seat on the couch in the lounge room next to his dad, while Ace begins falling asleep in her bed by the wall.

"You know she left something for me on our wedding anniversary... I think it's the same sort of thing. Just open it." The Sheriff says moving on the couch slightly to get comfy as Stiles begins unwrapping the present.

"It's a wooden box, with a envelope stuck to the top." Stiles states as he peels off the envelope, glancing over at his dad who had a happy smile on his face. Something in Stiles' mind tells him that it's the same sort of thing she got his dad.

He stares at the single word written on the envelope. 'Open first' in his Mother's signature handwriting. He begins to open the envelope slowly, his hands shaking slightly as he pulls out the small piece of paper. He takes a deep breath before unfolding the paper to reveal a page of writing, a letter. He glances back to his dad who nods softly and Stiles focuses back on the letter and begins reading.

'To my beautiful young man,

I know you are wondering why I waited until you were 19 before giving you this letter. I wasn't sure when I wanted you to read this. I figured now that you are an adult and you're probably not having a huge birthday party like you would have last year for your 18th. I thought now would be the best time.

The reason for this letter is because I don't know what the future holds for me... for our family. I could still have ten years left or I could be gone within a few months. That's why I'm writing to you now, this morning while watching you and Scott play catch with your father in the backyard.

I hope you have forgiven me for being sick and having to leave you and your father behind. There is nothing in the world I wouldn't do to change that but sadly I cannot and I know soon enough I will have go. It breaks my heart knowing I will be leaving you both, there is so much I never got to do or experience with you two. But none of us can change the past so I'm going to get right to the point.

There is something I need you to know above everything else. I love you so much my son, I can't put into words the feelings I am feeling. Seeing that perfect smile on your face right now as you catch the ball, it just makes me so proud to be your mother. I want you to grow up and have a long, happy life surrounded by the people you love and that make you happy. You deserve the best possible life Stiles, don't let my death stop you for achieving that. I will always be watching over you and if you ever get sad, look to the sky at night and that first shining star in the sky that appears, that's me watching you with a smile.

I know you will do great things in the future, Stiles. Don't ever stop being the kind hearted person that you are. Don't ever let anyone change who you are, if they want you to change then they are simply not worth your time. You are the most amazing ray of sunshine in my life and the times spent with you and your father were the bests parts of my life.

I will always be with you Stiles but I need to know that you'll always be there for your father. Family is the most important thing in this world, they are the people you can rely on no matter what. I know in the future you will be annoyed about stuff dad will do or say but I promise you, he is only doing what is best for you. Listen to what he says and take note of his advice, he was a young man too ages ago. He loves you so much and when I'm gone he'll need you as much as you'll need him.

I've left you with this box. Inside the box is a bunch of letters. On the front of each envelope it will say when to open them, you'll understand when you read it, don't worry. I know you'll be tempted to open them all now to read them but please, don't. Open them when it says to, I know you are a curious boy and it'll probably be bugging you that you can't open them (you get that gene from me) but please wait for the correct time.

Stiles, please just remember that I LOVE YOU more than anything in this world. Even though I'm not around anymore you will always and forever be in my heart and mind.

I love you, son xxx'

He stares at the last few words reading them over and over again, not even realising he was crying until a tear falls onto the letter. He wipes his eyes and puts the letter down opening the wooden box, revealing a bunch of envelopes stacked on top of each other. The first one reading 'To Stiles on his wedding day' Stiles actually laughs reading it but couldn't help the smile on his face either. He goes through the envelopes reading when to open them when he suddenly feels his dads hand on his shoulder.

"She would be so proud of you." He says and Stiles looks over to him noticing his watery eyes and that's all it took for Stiles to break.

"She'd be proud of us." Stiles corrects pulling his dad into a hug as tears rolled down his cheeks.

He doesn't know how long they stay like that, it could be seconds, it could be minutes, for all Stiles knows it could be days but they both needed it.

"C'mon. Let's go introduce everyone to Ace." His father says breaking the hug and Stiles nods putting the open letter inside the box before closing the lid.

"Let's go Ace." Stiles says to her and her ears prick up looking over at him. Stiles smiles standing up and Ace follows his lead standing up and walking over to him.

"She's definitely gonna be your shadow." The Sheriff comments with a chuckle and Stiles smiles happily walking out the room with Ace right behind him. "You're so lucky she is already trained." The Sheriff shouts with a laugh and Stiles rolls his eyes as he puts the box in his room before joining the party again outside with his dad.

-

* A few hours later *

It was now close to 10pm and the music was still playing and everyone was still under the veranda either eating, dancing or playing beer pong. Melissa, Chris and the Sheriff were all sitting at the table with their feet up drinking and talking while the younger ones were having the time of their lives. It was currently Stiles and Scott verses Boyd and Parrish at beer pong with Issac, Lydia, Erica and Allison cheering them on from the sidelines and Ace jumping around and barking whenever Stiles yells happily. Derek watches with a smile from his spot leaning against a veranda pole.

Derek cheers when Stiles sinks the last ping pong ball as Parrish begins sculling the cup of whatever cheep alcohol was in it.

"Rematch!" Parrish shouts as he slams the plastic cup back down on the table and Stiles nods.

"How about we make it teams of three?" Isaac suggests and they all nod in agreement.

Now with Stiles, Scott and Allison against Parrish, Erica and Lydia with Boyd watching from the side. Stiles glances over at Derek with a smile and Derek couldn't help but smile back watching how much fun his boyfriend is having and how happy he is right now.

He continues watching them, laughing when Allison begins showing Stiles and Scott up.

"Derek." A familiar voice calls and Derek turns his head to find Chris Argent walking over to him. Derek turns back towards the beer pong game noticing Stiles watching him with a worried expression glancing at Chris and then back at him. Derek gives a reassuring nod and small smile and Stiles nods back.

"Chris." Derek greets turning back towards the older man who holds out a new beer for him. Derek takes it with a nod, twisting the cap off and taking a sip.

"We're not gonna be able to go back to how things where before everything turned to shit, are we?" Chris asks leaning against the other pole next to Derek who shakes his head.

"No we won't." Derek replies looking down at the beer in his hand not sure what else to say or do. Him and Chris use to be good friends basically best friends, until he just stopped coming to the farm and basically vanished for all Derek knew. Until he saw him in the Argents car as they left his burning house. He knows it wasn't Chris who burnt his family alive, he knows Chris isn't a bad guy but he just can't go back to being friends with the guy. Not after everything that has happened.

"I figured that much." Chris says with a sigh taking a gulp of his beer. "To be honest if I was in your position I wouldn't even be talking to me right now." Chris admits and Derek actually laughs slightly at that with a nod.

"I know it wasn't your fault. Your father and sister did it." Derek begins to say shaking his head trying to get the thought of Kate out his head. "It was their fault and they tried dragging you into it. I'm glad you got away from them and raised Allison in this sort of atmosphere with these guys." Derek admits looking over at him before looking back at Stiles who keeps glancing in his direction making sure he was okay.

"She's a good kid. I knew if I stayed anywhere near Kate and Gerard then they would try turn her against me. I couldn't let that happen. I couldn't let her be apart of what they do." Chris explains looking over at his daughter who hugs Scott happily as they win the game. "She's happy here. I'm happy here. With these guys, they are all like family, the Sheriff, Stiles, Scott, Melissa, Lydia, Erica, Boyd, Parrish, Isaac. They're like family and I want you to know that you are in that group as well." Chris says patting Derek on the shoulder before walking back towards the Sheriff and Melissa.

Derek stands there for a few minutes trying to take in what Chris had just said. It will take time but he thinks they will be able to become friends, maybe not in the near future but sometime in the future he's sure they will.

"Everything alright between you two?" Stiles asks bumping Derek slightly and he looks across to find Stiles leaning against him with a happy yet slightly concerned smile.

"No. But it will be." Derek simply replies lifting his arm over Stiles' shoulders pulling him close as Stiles wraps his arms around Derek's stomach. "How's the party?" Derek asks as Stiles leans his head on Derek's chest.

"I haven't enjoyed my birthday in a long time but tonight it's been amazing. My mum left me a bunch of letters, it sounds stupid but she has when to open them written on each envelope. Like one of them is for me to open on dads 50th." Stiles explains.

"That doesn't sound stupid." Derek replies as he kisses Stiles forehead. "I wish I could have met her."

"She would have loved you." Stiles admits with a smile as he watches Parrish and Lydia dance to Luke Bryan's song "Kick The Dust Up" while Erica and Boyd join in.

"Scott! Allison! Come and join us!" Erica shouts while she drags Isaac off his chair to dance with them.

"Only if Stiles and Derek do." Scott replies glancing over to his best friend who smiles while Derek glares at him in response.

"C'mon big guy." Stiles says interlocking their fingers and Derek sighs following his lead towards the middle of the area with the others.

"Sheriff, can you turn the music up?" Lydia asks looking towards the three sitting at the table.

"I can play something better for you guys." The Sheriff shouts as he walks over to the speaker and changes the song.

"Oh my God, it's Copperhead Road." Stiles says in excitement. "Do you know how to country line dance?" Stiles quickly asks looking over at Derek, knowing what's about to happen and Derek nods.

"We have to line dance to this song!" Allison shouts on cue and everyone hums in agreement, all of them rushing towards the table to grab their hats as they shuffle to get inline.

"Crank the music up!" Isaac shouts putting his cowboy hat on and the Sheriff laughs turning the dial up as high as it will go.

"Well my name's John Lee Pettimore.
Same as my daddy and his daddy before.
You hardly ever saw Grandaddy down here.
He only came to town about twice a year.
He'd buy a hundred pounds of yeast and some copper line.
Everybody knew that he made moonshine.
Now the revenue man wanted Grandaddy bad.
He headed up the holler with everything he had.
It's before my time but I've been told
He never came back from Copperhead Road." Everyone shouts the lyrics while they all line dance, tapping their boots loudly on the ground for better effect.

Derek glances at Stiles and smiles watching him dancing inSync, when he catches Melissa out the corner of his eye recording them on her phone. Derek rolls his eyes but doesn't stop as he adjusts his cowboy hat and continues dancing with them all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146K 5.3K 28
Derek Hale is an ex-military bodyguard. Stiles Stilinski is the President's son. When asked to protect the President's son, Derek can't say no. Neit...
5.7K 225 9
*BASED ON TEENWOLF THE MOVIE ENDING* Scott calls Stiles to update him on what all happened; that the Nogitsune escaped thanks to Harris. Harris! Thei...
167K 6.2K 44
Book One - God, they hate each other. Stiles is so sarcastic, and his mouth always gets him into trouble. Particularly with a certain brooding sour w...
269K 6.4K 26
(Set after season 3a) Y/N Stilinski was Stiles' older sister. You were taken from your family when you were 16, but now you have returned to Beacon...