The Enemy U.S.A.

By K5readz

A disease broke out where only grown-ups were infected. Kids 14 and under were safe. The disease made the g... More

Chapter 1: The Siblings
Chapter 2: The Escape
Chapter 3: The Friend
Chapter 4: The Couple
Chapter 5: The Rescue
Chapter 7: The Apartment
Chapter 8: The Plan
Chapter 9: The Psycho
Chapter 10: The Maniac
Chapter 11: The Memories
Chapter 12: The Mexican
Chapter 13: The Supplies
Chapter 14: The Coincidence
Chapter 15: The House
Chapter 16: The Girl
Chapter 17: The Innocent
Chapter 18: The Decision
Chapter 19: The Trap
Chapter 20: The Regret
Chapter 21: The Ambush
Chapter 22: The Kidnappers
Chapter 23: The Discovery
Chapter 24: The Cat
Chapter 25: The Wolf
Chapter 26: The Arrival
Chapter 27: The Interrogation
Chapter 28: The Enemy
Chapter 29: The Execution
Chapter 30: The Reunion
Chapter 31: The College

Chapter 6: The Injured

22 5 2
By K5readz

"Put the gun down." Kevin said inching closer, slowly putting his hands down.

"Say back, El Diablo." Dian said, gripping the gun more tightly.

Kevin stopped and but his hands in the air. "Why are you calling the devil," Kevin asked. "I didn't do..." Kevin then looked behind helm and saw the teenagers banging and licking at the door, smearing blood, pus, and mucus on them. He realized why she called him the devil. The banging and moaning from the teenagers seemed to get louder. Kevin looked at Dian, gun still aimed at his head. "I... I'm sorry." Kevin stammered.

"Your sorry'" Dian said. "You work with Satan! Your probably a spawn of Satan, or Satan himself! You brought your army here so they can take us all to hell!" Dian started to shake her head, she was crying. "No, I won't let them take us! I will send you back to hell! You can't do this!" The gun started to shake in her hands, she was sweating, she grabbed her cross. Dian started praying in Spanish.

Kevin then started to get closer to her. "Put the gun down," he said. "You don't want to do this. I didn't do anything wrong. I just wanted to save our friends, isn't saving considered a service to God?"

"Shut up!" She walked up to Kevin, the gun was touching his head. She looked up to him, her eyes streaming with tears. "May God ban you from our world!" Dian pulled the trigger, but Kevin pushed the gun to the side. He then heard it shot. The bullet grazed his ear, and it hurt like hell. He heard a loud ringing coming from the shot because it was right next to his ear. He belt down and covered his bleeding ear. He screamed in pain.

"That is demons blood you bleed! You shall be expelled before you do any more damage to us and this world!"

This was it. Kevin looked at the gun on his forehead. He was going to die. He started to tear up, he was accepting his fate. At least he was able to save his friends.

"Back to hell you go!" Dian was about to pull the trigger, but Lissette came out of nowhere and punched her in the face, knocking her out completely. The gun skidded towards Kevin, he looked at it with relief. His sister belt down and inspected Kevin's ear, it hurt like hell.

"Molly," Lissette yelled. "Do you have a first aid kit?"

The rest of the kids came out of their hiding places. "Why should I help him," Molly asked, crossing her arms. "He put a gun to my head. I think he deserved it."

"Oh my god," Julie rushed over to Dian. "Lissette, why'd you do that?"

"Can someone help?" Lissette got up and looked at the kids, no one moved a muscle. Lissette started to cry. "Please."

Braden groaned and walked away, soon after returning with a first aid kit. "Let's get this son of a bitch healed." Braden said, walking over to Kevin who was trying to cope with the unbearable pain.

Then Molly stopped Braden. "Are you seriously going to help him?" She asked.

"Yeah," Braden said. "So?"

"Are you insane," Molly said walking to the doors. The teenagers noticed Molly walking towards them and started to get more aggressive. "He brought these, these things to us. And you want to help him? You must be crazy!"

"But it wasn't his fault," Emily said, walking up to Molly. "He just wanted to save his friends, what's the harm in that."

Molly went up to Emily's face. "This is the harm!" Molly grabbed Emily's shoulder, facing her to the teenagers, pointing at them. "We are trapped! We can't leave! We are running out of food! Kevin has just killed us! He murdered us all!"

Emily started to cry. "No," she said, struggling to get out of Molly's grip. "No!"

"Molly," Lissette said. "There must be a way to get out of this!"

"No there isn't," Molly said. She threw Emily to the ground and walked up to Lissette. "You should have let Dian kill him! He deserved to die!"

Lissette started to get mad. "Don't you say that about Kevin!"
Lissette punched Molly in the nose. Molly backed up, holding her nose, it was bleeding.

"You son of a bitch!" Molly yelled, tackling Lissette.

"Stop it!" Emily cried, running up to the girls, trying to break up the fight. But instead she got slapped across the face by Molly. Emily fell to the ground crying, holding her cheek.

Kevin couldn't take it anymore. Braden was looking at what was going on, Emily was crying, and Molly and Lissette where fighting. He got up still holding his right ear and yelled, "Enough!"

Braden looked at Kevin, Emily stopped crying, and Molly and Lissette stopped fighting. "Look what's happening to us," Kevin said. "We are fighting. Aren't we suppose to stick together? Be a team?"

"You are one to talk," Molly said getting up. "You caused this to happen! Your fucking sister broke my nose!"

"It wouldn't have happened if you hadn't fucking attacked Emily!" Kevin yelled.

Molly was about to say something, but she stopped. She looked at the teenager then attempted Emily. She then looked at Kevin. "Fuck you." Molly quickly walked away, then the kids all heard a door slam.

"That crazy bitch," Braden said kneeling down, opening the first aid kit. "Hey, Kevin, you wanna get fixed up or fucking die?"

Kevin smiled and walked over to his friend. Kevin knelt down as when and Braden expected Kevin's ear. "Can I get some fucking light here, because if not, this crazy El Salvadorian bastard will die!"

Emily got up and walked away into the darkness, the same direction Molly went. She brought out a flashlight end shinned it on Kevin's ear. "Thanks." Kevin said.

"No problem." Emily smiled.

"Okay," Braden started. "Don't freak out on me, but I need to stitch this shit up or it'll get infected. But at least the bullet only got you on the outside of your ear."

"Do what you have to do." Kevin said.

Braden nodded and got out the needle and string. While he was disinfecting it Lissette was looking at it with worry. "Don't worry," Kevin said, noticing Lissette. "Everything will be fine. If you don't want to look then you don't have to, okay?"

"Okay." Lissette said turning away.

"Lissette," Kevin said. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Molly didn't hurt you badly?"

"No."

"Atagirl!"

"Okay," Braden said, raising the needle to Kevin's ear. "You ready for this?"

"Yeah," Kevin sighed. "Let's get this over with."

"Okay," Braden said. "Here goes nothing." Braden stuck the need through one part on Kevin's ear. Kevin tried not to yell in pain, but instead he cringed in pain. He felt more blood rushing, but he had to suck it up, no doctors where here to help, they, like all grown-ups, turned into brainless infected.

Kevin looked at Tyler and Kelly, wondering when they'll wake up, Emily seemed to read his mind. "When do you think they'll wake up?" She asked.

"I... have... no... idea." Kevin said, still cringing in pain.

"I'm trying to be as fast and safe as I fucking can," Braden said. "Just hold on, I'm almost done. Just don't move, our you'll fuck it up."

"Sure." Kevin chocked out.

Then, all of a sudden, Tyler slowly got up. Everyone stopped and looked. When he moved, he started screaming in pain. "Ahhhhhhhh!"

"What the fuck?" Braden said, finishing up.

"Ahhhh!" Tyler rolled on his stomach.

"Emily," Braden shouted. "point the fucking flashlight on him, now!"

Emily did, and it was a shocking sight. Emily gasped and nearly dropped the flashlight. Tyler's shit was ripped up and his back was bleeding. They all noticed little black shards stuck to his back. Then Molly rushed in, holding a tissue to her broken nose, soaking up the blood. "What happened to him?" She asked.

"I have no fucking clue," Braden said as he finished the stitches. He was now cleaning it up as fast as he could, as he was he told Kevin some instructions. "Whatever you fucking do, don't fucking touch it or let anyone else do."

Braden then rushed over to Tyler. "Okay Tyler," he said inspecting his back. "What the fuck happened to you.

Tyler tried to calm down, he was taking deep breaths, so he did his best to explain what happened. "The explosion," he grunted. "I saved Kelly. I covered her."

"How close where you to that explosion?" Braden asked, disinfecting a pair of tweezers.

"Close enough," Tyler grunted. "Now just fucking help me!"

"Okay, okay," Braden said, gripping one of the many shards.
"Someone help me or he'll fucking die.

Kevin and Emily rushed over and held Tyler down by his arms and legs. Kevin took his arms and Emily took his legs. Lisette was covering her ears, singing to herself.

"1," Braden said. "2... 3!" Braden ranked out a piece. Tyler yelled and tried to escape, squirming. Then, all of a sudden the kids heard a loud bang. Then more bangs. Molly was looking at the locked hallway doors in shock. She ran away.

"The infected," Emily said. "They found us!"

"How?" Braden asked, taking another shard out.

"The noise," Kevin exclaimed. "We need to get into a room, or they might break through the glass." Kevin was right. The hallway doors were made entirely out of glass.

"Alright," Braden said. "But who takes who?" And that son of a bitch Molly probably ran into the room with all the food and water!"

"To any room," Kevin said. "But we need to hurry!" Kevin walked up to Kelly who was still sleeping and picked her up.

"We can go into the algebra room," Emily said. "I keep extra food and water in there just in case."

"You do?" Braden asked.

"I'll explain later, let's just hurry!" Emily said, picking up Tyler's legs. "Lissette," Emily called. "Help me out!" Lissette rushed over and grunted, picking up Tyler's arms.

Kevin noticed Julie standing in front of the doors in shock. "Julie," Kevin yelled. "Snap out of it!" Julie didn't seem to hear him, she just stood there.

Braden picked up Dian, beginning to rush over to the Algebra room.

"Julie," Lissette pleaded. "Please!" Julie still didn't respond.

"Lissette," Kevin said, begging to walk with Keely in his arms. "We need to go, I'll come back for her, I promise."

Lissette nodded and lifted Tyler's arms and Emily lifted his legs. Tyler wasn't making it easy for them. He was whimpering and struggling.

After a little while they maid it to the Algebra room. "About time," Braden said. "Wait, where the fuck is Julie?"

Kevin gently laid down Kelly on the floor. "I'm going back for her." Kevin said, gun in hand.

He was about to leave when Lissette put her hand to his shoulder. "Hurry." She said. Kevin nodded and ran down the hall.

The glass was cracking, so many grown-ups where at the door and Julie was just standing there. Kevin was halfway there when the glass finally broke. A couple of grown-ups broke through it with a desk. "No!" Kevin yelled. "Julie!"

It was too late. Julie was tackled by some of them, screaming as her flesh was being torn apart. Kevin started tearing up. He had failed Lissette. He had failed Julie.

Kevin started running back, the world seemed to go in slow motion. Julie's screams where muffled. He looked back, and saw his old gym teacher chasing after him, with some grown-ups limping behind. She was fast, but Kevin sprinted faster. He made it to the door and dived in. Braden then shut the door and locked it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120 3 12
The world is ending but no one knows until it's to late. Follow these friends who are trying find safety during the outbreak. Will they all survive
Undead Paradise By Jacob

Science Fiction

338 23 12
A virus with unknown origins has spread turning most of the population into flesh eating monsters, despite the warnings people go about their normal...
1.1M 18.4K 23
WHEN THEY RISE, WE WILL FALL. We've seen the movies, we've watched the TV shows, but nothing will ever prepare us for a real zombie apocalypse. When...
13.2K 409 35
A few teenagers have to survive in a post-apocalyptic world where they face many challenges but their biggest problem is each other. Will they work t...