Never Say Die [Walking Dead F...

By xlaurynwritesx

"It's the apocalypse, what else was I supposed to do?" Lyla Rose Brooks was a normal girl before everything h... More

~<Part One>~
Chapter 1: Right Now
Chapter 2: Don't See Us
Chapter 3: They're Coming
Chapter 4: They Were Taken
Chapter 5: I'm Not a Drug Addict
Chapter 6: What an Asshole
Chapter 7: Okay, Sheriff
Chapter 8: How Annoying
Chapter 9: Shit
Chapter 10: Everyone Sucked
Chapter 11: It Wouldn't Last
~<Part Two>~
Chapter 12: Been Better
Chapter 13: High
Chapter 14: Not My Dad
Chapter 15: Black
Chapter 17: Dreams Sucked
Chapter 18: Close Enough
Chapter 19: Some Fucking Cookies
Chapter 20: 1
~<Part Three>~
Chapter 21: Away
Chapter 22: A Baby
Chapter 23: Made Me Happy
Chapter 24: Should Have Fucking Said Something
Chapter 25: Life Sucked
Chapter 26: Like That
Chapter 27: Don't Mess Up
Chapter 28: Pretty Badass
Chapter 29: Real Life
Chapter 30: We'll Figure It Out
Chapter 31: Lasts Forever
Chapter 32: A Lot of Punching, A Lot of Blood
Chapter 33: A Killer
Chapter 34: Don't Need a House Fire
~<Part Four>~
Chapter 35: A Cheesy Sitcom
Chapter 36: Bonus Points
Chapter 37: Traffic of Nightmares
Chapter 38: Better Alive
Chapter 39: Couldn't Do Anything
Chapter 40: All A Lie
Chapter 41: Good and Brave and Strong
Chapter 42: Never Say Die

Chapter 16: This Meant War

45 1 0
By xlaurynwritesx

I started waking up and I was in a car. The back of my head was pounding pretty hard. "Mmm." I said grunting lightly. If hurt too much to open my eyes. "Mich?" I asked without response. I raised my hand and realized it was tied to my other.

I forced myself to open them and I was blindfolded. I raised my blindfold lightly to see Michonne passed out next to me and the Governor in the front seat driving. My heart beat fast as I slowly turned my head to see where we were. It looked like we were on a road. I saw Hershels gray hair over the seat in front of mine.

Where the hell was he taking us?

I saw the governor turning and I quickly closed my eyes. "Does she always talk in her sleep?" The governor asked Hershel I think.

"I don't know. I guess so." He replied. Hershel seemed calm about it but Michonne was clearly unconscious and I had no idea what the hell was going on so I was pretty scared.

We got to what seemed like a camp from what I could see and I felt someone open the door. "What?" I asked with a deep breath pretending to wake up.

"You're fine. I just need you to walk with me. Can you do that?" The governor asked looking to me. I almost forgot.

He didn't know how I was.

Perfect. I was smiling so bright on the inside. "Why does my head hurt?" I asked looking to him.

"I had to knock you out." He replied simply.

"Please don't hurt me or my friends. Please." I whined lightly. Hershel looked to me as I walked in the trailer. He was already waiting inside.

"I can't promise that. You know that right?" He asked as he sat me down next to Hershel.

"Let us go home sir. My head hurts. I want to sleep in my bed." I said to him as I sniffed. I was already on the verge of crying because my head pounding so I might as well take advantage of it.

"I can't let you leave." He replied as he left the trailer. I gave it a second and I looked to Hershel.

"What in the hell did he hit me in the head with?" I asked looking to him.

"The back of a pistol. How are you feeling?" He asked looking to me.

"Awful. Kind of scared honestly." I sighed lightly. My heart never stopped having a nervous breakdown from all of this. I did hear multiple voices outside so he definitely wasn't alone.

He brought Michonne in who had finally woken up. She had her bitch face on active.

"Here. You all should probably eat. It's gonna be a long day. No one is going to hurt you." He replied as he gave us some food.

"Well I don't believe that." Hershel answered.

"I don't care." The governor replied.

"Do the people here know about us?" I asked looking at him with my normal face trying to act as small as possible.

"They do." He answered simply.

"They know I'm only fourteen?" I followed up. He looked to me and then back to the bag he was rummaging through. They didn't. I hoped to sweet Jesus that I could use that as leverage.

"At least tell us why we are here. Please." Hershel asked looking at him.

"It's nothing personal." The governor responded still rummaging. He gave off a vibe that he was in a hurry but he didn't really care.

"Then what is it?" Hershel asked trying his best to be as friendly and understanding as possible.

"Michonne I want you to know that Penny my daughter was dead. I know that. Now I don't want to hurt you. I don't want to hurt anyone. I want the prison and that's it. There are people I want to keep alive. You three are gonna help me with that. No one needs to die." He said as I looked down.

It wasn't that easy. It was never that easy. That man in front of me was a monster. All of us knew that as soon as he didn't get his way he would start attacking.

"I'm gonna kill you." Michonne said looking to him. She told me this morning not to act on anger and here she was.

"No you won't." He responded with a sigh.

"I'm gonna take my-" Michonne started.

"Remember what you told me bout anger?" I asked looking at her. She glanced at me and kept quiet.

"You want the prison?" Hershel asked looking to the man as he leaned foreword a bit.

"Yes and I'll take it as peacefully as I can." He replied.

"Governor-"

"Don't call me that." He interrupted Hershel quicker then the speed of light.

"Your people, our people, we can find a way to live together. These people you need to keep alive, do you love them?" Hershel asked looking to him.

"You're a good man Hershel. Better than Rick." The governor said as he turned in his seat to face us more. He still wore that eyepatch on his small annoying face.

"Everything you've said, the way you've said it, you've changed. So has Rick." Hershel explained trying to convince him to talk it out.

The governor shot down the idea quick. Hershel kept trying but the governor wouldn't reason at all with him. Right before the governor walked out Hershel explained that he'd be threatening kids and his daughters if he did this and for a second I could've sworn I saw condolence. He left the trailer and I looked to Hershel.

"Is this another war?" I asked quietly in freight.

"I certainly hope not." He replied with a sigh. "We'll figure it out, we always do."

About an hour or so went by and they moved us to a car. As we were being moved I saw people. "Please. Don't." I said simply with a sadness in my voice. It was genuine. I was scared. I didn't know who would be killed for this and these people looked as clueless as Andrea did.

"Be quiet." The governor said as I got pushed into the car and we rode to the prison.

We eventually arrived and they all lined up the cars and the tank that they had. The governor got out of the car and stood on the tank. "Now." The governor said as a loud explosion went off and one of the outposts was demolished. I saw everyone running to the gate. Maggie, Beth, then Rick, Daryl and Carl. Then the others.

"Rick!" The governor yelled. "We need to talk."

I looked at Michonne. "I'm scared." I said quietly. "I'm actually scared." I said to clarify that I wasn't pretending.

"We'll get out of this. Just like Hershel said." Michonne said looking to me as I nodded my head not sure if I agreed.

"Is Hershel on the council?" The governor asked.

A woman got Hershel out of the car. Michonne was the next one closest to the door.

"What about Michonne?" He asked as a man got Michonne out second.

"Maybe Lyla Rose is of some importance to this council." He said as another man took me out of the car. He forced me on my knees as I looked to the people in the prison. This could very well be the last time I'd ever see them.

"Alright Rick. Come down here. It's time to talk." The governor said as I started breathing shakily. Was this what hyperventilating felt like? It was not fun.

"You okay?" The woman behind me asked. She had black hair in pigtails and looked like she made a mistake being here.

"No I'm not okay." I responded looking at her. "I'm tied up and your threatening my home and my family. I'm scared out of my freggin mind." The man holding me turned me back around.

"Well shit." The woman whispered almost to low for me to hear.

"Let them go." Rick said as he got to the fence. "I'll stay down here. Talk as long as you want. But you let em go." He explained. "You got a tank. You don't need hostages."

"I do." The governor replied. "This is just to show you I'm serious. Not to blast a while in our new home."

"You and your people have til sundown to get out of here or they die." The governor said as I started breathing shakily again. I couldn't go out like this. Shit I was only fourteen, I had the rest of my life to go. Shit this might be the rest of my life right now. I started taking deep breaths to calm myself down.

"It doesn't have to go down this way." Rick shook his head.

"I got more people more firepower. We need this prison. There it is." The governor answered. I wish I could look at him. I wish Michonne killed him before. He didn't deserve his life. "It's not about the past. It's about right now."

"There are children here. You have one of them right there. Some of them are sick. They won't be able to survive out of here."

"I have a tank and I'm letting you walk away from here." The governor explained. What a selfish prick. Did he not hear anything about children being here at all? "What else is there to talk about."

The governor kept saying that they could fight but he'd win. He only gave us the option to leave but we all knew we couldn't do that. He told us to pack but Rick couldn't answer. He tried to compromise but the governor wouldn't take it. Hershel tried to back him up but the governor didn't believe it.

"Look I'm not saying it would be easy. Fact is it'll be a hell of a lot harder than standing here shooting at each other. But I don't think we have a choice." Rick answered.

"We don't you do." The governor replied.

"We're staying." Rick responded. It sucked because we all knew the governor wouldn't let any of us go for anything. Rick kept looking at me worried. I wanted to leave but I couldn't. He wanted to get me out but he couldn't.

"Like you said. The gunshots will just bring more out. They'll take down the fences. Without the fences this place is worthless." Rick explained. "Now we can all live in the prison or none of us can."

I heard the governor get down and then I heard Michonne's Katana being taken out. I looked to see the governor with it on Hershel's neck.

"No." I said quietly with a whine. "Don't." I added. I could feel my eyes watering.

"You. You in the ponytails. Is this what you want? What any of you want?" Rick asked with a whimper in his voice. He was on the verge of tears too.

"What we want is what you got. Period." A guy from behind me said. "Time for you to leave asshole."

"Look I've fought him before. And after we took in his old friends because he abandoned them. They've helped run this place. Now you put down your weapon and walk through those gates and you'll be one of us. We let go of all of it and nobody dies." Rick tried to convince everyone once more. He explained how we could all live together and change for the better from this. We could get back to where we started before everything happened.

The governor took the Katana away from Hershel as I started to smile lightly. It must've been working.

"Liar." The governor whispered as he pulled back the Katana and my eyes opened wide before I could say anything. In a blink of an eye the governor cut into Hershel's neck. Blood splattered over him and I looked to Michonne as shots were fired.

This meant war.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

410K 10.6K 69
Anna Murphy, a young sweet girl before the zombie apocalypse, became the fighter she currently is to survive in the new world alone. But is she truly...
3 0 1
Hello, my name is Jade Benton. I want to explain everything that's going on, and this is the best way that I know how. I'm sorry if anyone you know...
277 11 28
When Maddy and the rest of the group are forced onto there knees and threatened by this new group there leader finds a strange liking in Ricks daught...