INFINITE (Eminem Fan Fiction)

By _meni_me

"It's like an explosion every time I hold you, I wasn't joking when I told you you take my breath away. You'r... More

Chapter 1: Almost Famous
Chapter 2: Marshall Mathers
Chapter 3: Fast Lane
Chapter 4: Business
Chapter 5: A Kiss
Chapter 7: Aftermath
Chapter 8: Love Game
Chapter 9: Never Enough
Chapter 10: When the Music Stops
Chapter 11: Love You More
Chapter 12: Criminal
Chapter 13: Say Goodbye Hollywood
Chapter 14: Who Knew
Chapter 15: Don't Approach Me
Chapter 16: The Reunion
Chapter 17: Living Proof
Chapter 18: Yellow Brick Road
Chapter 19: Drips
Chapter 20: KIM
Chapter 21: Seduction
Chapter 22: Legacy
Chapter 23: As the World Turns
Chapter 24: Sing for the Moment
Chapter 25: I'm Back
Chapter 26: How Come
Chapter 27: My Darling
Chapter 28: Cleanin' Out My Closet
Chapter 29: Jealousy Woes
Chapter 30: Love The Way You Lie
Chapter 31: Crazy in Love
Chapter 32: Won't Back Down
Chapter 33: Loud Noises
Chapter 34: Open Mic
Chapter 35: Curtains Up
Chapter 36: Shit Can Happen
Chapter 37: Going Through Changes
Chapter 38: I Need A Doctor
Chapter 39: Take From Me
Chapter 40: Berzerk
Chapter 41: Ass Like That
Chapter 42: Drug Ballad
Chapter 43: My Words are Weapons
Chapter 44: Just Lose It
Chapter 45: Hailie's Song
Chapter 46: Baby
Chapter 47: Remember Me?
Chapter 48: Kill You
Chapter 49: My Dad's Gone Crazy
Chapter 50: Ken Kaniff
Chapter 51: Revelation
Chapter 52: On Fire
Chapter 53: Commercial Break
Chapter 54: Be Careful What You Wish For

Chapter 6: Spend Some Time

6K 154 7
By _meni_me

Chapter 6: Spend Some Time

Riley snapped awake as she realized someone was in her hotel room, shaking her shoulder. Terrified and expecting a serial killer, she found it only to be Mark, retracting his hand like a dog had bitten it. Groaning, she leant back in the pillows and shut her eyes.

“What are you doing here?” It wasn’t even a question. It was more of a ‘get out now’ statement.

“Don’t be like that,” He said, genuinely sounding hurt.

She felt awfully tired and had blocked out last night’s memories. “What time is it?”

“It’s 9. Have big night with the famous rapper?” His tone was suggestive and it was the last thing she wanted right now. Sighing, she opened her eyes and saw Mark snooping around, as if to be checking out her hotel room in comparison to his.

“What do you want?”

“You’re really not a morning person are you?” He said. She rolled her eyes. Shut up. Shut up. Shut. Up. He cleared his throat, getting down to business. “Paul set up a photo-shoot for you.”

Riley sat up, pillows falling off her bed. “Paul?” That could only mean it was with-

“Yeah, with Eminem,” Mark clarified. Greaaaaat. Because last night hadn’t gone well enough…

“It’s in an hour, so you better get your ass in gear if you want to be there in time,” He said, on his way to the door. “Okay?”

“Okay…” He offered her a smile and left, quickly.

Riley collapsed back into the bedding. What was she going to do now? She was hoping to avoid him until the music video, do the scenes then catch the next flight back to Miami. It seemed like the whole world was against her plan.

Shrugging out of bed, she managed to shower and get ready without overthinking the situation. However, as she and Mark jumped into a taxi and drove to a studio, she started to grow more nervous. She’d done her best to act professional. But when he’d kissed her, she’d been so consumed by what she felt, she forgot all about her responsibilities and her duties. She’d promised herself that she wouldn’t let relationships get in the way of her work. What had she done…?

“You okay?” Mark said, as the taxi pulled to a stop in the bustling streets of LA. “You’re a bit distracted.”

“Yeah,” Riley dismissed, stepping out onto the sidewalk. She was barely focused as she followed her manager through a modern building, past security and into an elevator. As she stepped inside and the doors shut she felt like it was the perfect representation for her life right now: stuffy and uncomfortable. Maybe it was because she did spend so much time focused on her job. She couldn’t remember the last time she’d taken a break… gotten away from all the model madness.

As the elevator chimed and the doors opened, it revealed a huge studio, with a large backdrop and cameras and lights everywhere. There was a control booth sitting behind the set and she wasn’t surprised to see easily twenty people bustling around, trying to get everything ready for the shoot. On the bright side, at least her first official time working with Marshall would be on her home turf. A photo-shoot would be a thousand times easier than a music video for her.

Mark walked straight over to a tall, bald man who was standing behind the cameras. Riley followed him like a child to parent, not wanting to walk in and take over like she did in her own photo-shoots. She was a little surprised when the bald man clapped Mark into a hug and they looked happy to see each other.

As Riley reached them, Mark had a huge smile on his face, “Paul, this is Riley Stuart.”

Paul extended his hand, “You’re the gem Mark is always raving about. Nice to meet you.” She shook his hand, blushing and unable to look him in the eye. You’d think as a model, she’d be used to all the compliments but they still got to her. Especially from other important managers.

“It’s nice to mee-”

Riley was interrupted by a lady in a sharp business suit with an even sharper voice. “Are you Miss Stuart?”

She had to clamp her mouth shut and take a deep breath before she answered. “Yes, I am.”

 The woman looked her head to toe and didn’t seem satisfied. “I’m Carol, the shooting director. We’re going to need you in hair and makeup straight away. We have a brief prepared for you so you understand how this is all going to work.”

Before she could even thank Carol or say goodbye to Paul and Mark, she was guided roughly towards a hallway adjacent to the set. Just as she was pushed around the corner and into a dressing room, she saw Marshall standing in the hallway. He was wearing a black hoodie and ripped baggy jeans, looking very suspicious. But that was hardly a surprise. She could’ve only guessed the photo-shoot was a promotion for ‘criminal’. As they met eyes, only very briefly, she could see the small and sinister smile on his lips, as if he’d conjured some sort of evil plan.

But before she could examine him any more Carol had her in the dressing room with the door shut.

Marshall had to smile as he stood in the studio hall as he watched the shooting director practically drag Riley into the dressing room. Carol had always come across pushy but she was a fantastic director. He couldn’t believe his plan had actually worked, and on such short notice. It was probably why everyone was so rushed today. He’d called Paul last night and asked him if they were doing much promotion for ‘criminal’. It was more an evil seed plantation. He knew Paul’s mind would do some quick thinking, especially as Riley was in town now. The next thing he knew he’d set up the photo-shoot.

And after the messy end to last night, he wanted to patch things up with her but knew she wouldn’t want to see him. Miss ‘professional’ and all. As he wandered back onto the set, he could see Paul and Mark, talking loudly behind the cameras, catching up like a bunch of freaking school girls. There were workers running around like man-men trying to set up the shoot and all he could really do was stand around and wait.

Every few minutes he’d have somebody come up to him, ask him if he was doing okay, if he needed anything. He wasn’t used to all the attention and found it so strange. Just over a year ago, nobody cared about him. Nobody wanted to hear him rap or support him trying to get into the industry. But now he’d made it, it was as if how he felt was the be all and end all.

After a few more minutes, the door to Riley’s dressing room swung open and she pinned him down with an almighty glare. With her hair curled nicely, make up done and her civilian costume in place, she looked perfect for the role but her ferocious stare practically tore his fantasy apart as she marched right up to him.

She got so close, he actually expected her to be joking around until she let out a sharp whisper, “Did you know about all of this?”

He recoiled at her sharp tone, “It was Paul’s idea. I found out this morning.”

She closed her eyes and drew in a deep breath. “Okay…” As she opened them, they were almost closer than they were the night before, when they kissed. Her cheeks turned red and she stepped back, keeping her eyes pinned to the floor.

“Listen, Riley,” He said, reaching out and placing a hand on her arm, “About last night-”

“Everybody ready?!” Carol’s shrill voice interrupted him.  “I want to get this done and done well, okay?”

They both snapped to professional attention and awaited Carol’s specific direction. In the brief it explained that the photo-shoot was a promotion for his song ‘criminal’. It was merely a few photos of him, posing as a criminal and Riley as a hostage. It then outlined the set poses that Carol had come up with. Although demanding, she knew what she was doing and had a perfect vision.

Against the green screen background, he knew the crew didn’t have time to pick an appropriate location and it gave them loads of room to be creative and flexible with the shoot.

“Alright everybody! We’re going into Frame 1. I need Cameras C, D and G in position 4!” Carol was barking out orders, sending the crew scrambling. A young woman with a headset on walked swiftly across the set and handed him an unloaded gun. That’s when he remembered that Frame 1 was him holing Riley hostage, with a gun to her head.

He glanced up at her, weapon in hand, feeling sheepish. She, however, showed no such emotion and stepped closer to him. He had almost forgotten… she was a model. This is what she did for a living and would be nothing but professional.

“Let’s do this.” She said, stepping in front of him. He reached out and put his forearm around her shoulder, clasping her against his chest.  The close contact made his whole body sizzle and he tried to remain calm as he placed the fake gun against her temple.

Carol looked up and saw that they were ready and nodded. “Okay, Marshall, just move your leg a little bit more to the left.” He did so and she seemed to be more satisfied. “Riley, that’s perfect! You look terrified.”

He couldn’t see her facial expression from here but he could on guess he needed to pose correctly now. Pulling a tough guy face, there was a flash of the camera. They held for a second longer as there was a second and third flash before Carol yelled out for Frame 2.

Half an hour later, they had most of the shots down and Carol, for once seemed impressed as she checked the shots. They waited patiently under the lights in silence. He didn’t know what to say to Riley. They couldn’t really address last night with so many people around. But he desperately wanted to talk to her.

Carol glanced back up at them, “Okay, great work you two. How would you feel about doing just one more photo? I have an idea.” With his time working with Carol, he knew that if she ever had an idea, it was a good one. “I read in the ‘criminal’ music video script that the teller was attracted to the criminal, right?” Marshall could only nod. “I thought, just to shake things up we should do a shot that represents that.” As he glanced over the Riley she had an unreadable expression on her face, as if it was a cross of horror and genuine excitement.

“So,” Carol said. “Marshall, would you pick up Riley?”

He was so confused by her request, he blurted out a, “What?”

“Pick her up, in your arms.”

“Ohh,” He glanced at Riley awkwardly. She looked like she was blushing again, and trying so hard to hide it. He gently reached out and scooped her up, one hand under her knees, the other on the small of her back.

“I’m not too heavy, am I?” She whispered.

“Of course not,” He dismissed. For two reasons: what wimp would say yes and what asshole would say yes. But it wasn’t like she was, especially the way he was holding her.

“Okay,” Carol said, “Just tip her down slightly. So her hair falls down but keep her close to you.” He did as she requested. “Okay and just lean in really close, almost so your noses are touching.” He did so again, staring straight into Riley’s eyes.

In that moment, he found himself getting lost in them…. Those big circles of magnificent blue. It was almost as if the waves of the ocean had crashed into her eyes. She looked so beautiful, here in his arms. It was almost like it was meant to be. She fit just right against his body. He hardly even heard Carol’s voice or the cameras taking the photos, he was so lost.

 It wasn’t until Riley pulled a funny expression and whispered with a giggle, “Marshall, we’re done. You can put me down.”

“Right,” He set her gently down onto her feet and awkwardly looked at the floor. How long had he held her? Had anybody noticed? Glancing up, none of the crew looked bothered by his actions Relief washed over him.

Carol’s voice ended the photo-shoot with happiness, “Alright! That’s a wrap, everyone.” 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.2K 952 31
Amari Jenkins is deaf, but that doesn't stop her from living her life and doing things normal "able-bodied" people do. Sometimes she even enjoyes goi...
12.4K 286 30
⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️: smut, violence and very questionable consent or lack of consent altogether... Also, this book literally makes no goddamn sense w...
1.1K 91 9
January, 1997-Detroit Michigan. Shardonay's lifelong bestfriend, Celisse which who had became her roommate could be a burden at times due to drug ha...
73.9K 2.3K 35
Ella has been living her best life, trying to avoid her past demons. Suddenly she find herself craving chaos, and ironically said chaos starts with t...