He's No Good | ✓

By xwriteratheartxo

[COMPLETED] Emma, and Lucas have been feuding for their mutual friends attention for over five years. But whe... More

He's No Good
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
He's No Saviour
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 4

48K 1.2K 590
By xwriteratheartxo

Chapter 4

I'm... So confused.

What don't I know? I don't know a lot of stuff, but whatever they're talking about makes it seem like I shouldn't know what they're talking about. You know?

I groan, stopping my inner conflict. Rushing to the bathroom, I brush my hair, and put it in a high ponytail. Next, brush my teeth.

Once that's all done, I head back into my room and decide to put on black leggings, and a white shirt that says, offline.

After I've sprayed my vanilla scent perfume, and put on my deodorant, I begin to head down stairs.

I stop mid step on the stairs when I spot my dads shoes still in front of the house. I slowly walk down the rest of the stairs, and spot my dads head in the kitchen. He's here?

Once I've entered the kitchen, my dad and I make eye contact, and I raise my eyebrows. "You're still here?" I quickly check my imaginary watch. " That's odd, you're usually off at this time."

His lips tug upwards slightly and I grin in accomplishment. I haven't made him smile in quite some time.

"Well, I was thinking last night, and I don't remember us really speaking since you've gotten back, and well I'd like to change that. Starting today."

I give him a sad smile and nod my head. I've had some suspicions why he's been keeping his distance from me. Both Jessica and me got our looks from our mom. We all looked alike, with our light brown hair, natural highlights, and blue eyes.

Seeing me probably reminded him of his ex-wife, formally known as his best friend. Not to mention his other daughter.

I spot a glass of orange juice on the island, and smile. Rushing towards the cup, I lift it and finish the juice in a matter of seconds.

I head towards the sink and rinse the cup. Once that's finished, I put it in the first rack in the dishwasher.

Turning around, I start my daily routine. I grab a water bottle, and a fruit from the bowl on the counter. As I'm placing the items in my school bag, my dad starts talking again. "Do you, uh, want a ride?"

I'm about to shake my head, until I notice the time on the stove. 8.34am. Shit.

I turn to look at my dad, and tightly smile. "Could you? I really don't wanna be late."

He smiles brightly, and claps. "Great! Let's head out then?"

I finish zipping my bag, and nod. "Let's go."

Once our shoes are on, we leave the house. I lock the door, and when I turn around to face my dad, he's staring at our neighbors house. More specifically, Jason's house.

I turn to see what he's looking at. I immediately spot Jason putting his school bag in the backseat of his car.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I turn back to my dad, only to notice his jaw is clenched, and his eyes narrowed on Jason. Okay... Since when is dad not a fan of Jason?

"Dad?" I call out. He turns to me and give me a tight smile. I hear him quietly say lets go as he turns to walk to the car.

As I'm about to sit down in the seat, I hear a familiar voice. "Hi Mr. Sullivan! Hey Emma," Jason shouts.

My dad, who's already seated in the car clenches his teeth but smiles and waves nonetheless. I awkwardly wave back, and sit down.

Once the doors are shut, and the car is on drive, my dad turns his head slightly towards me with a worried look on his face. "That Jason boy is bad news."

I furrow my eyebrows once again. Yes, he's a dick, and yes he's annoying like a fly, but bad news? I don't think so.

I'm about to ask how he's bad news until I realize, I don't care. I shrug, and look outside. "Well you don't need to worry. We're not friends anymore."

In the corner of my eye, I see him nod in approval.

After that, the rest of the ride was in silence.

I got to school a couple minutes before the second bell rang thankfully.

Calculus was filled with lessons, and English was filled with discussions about Othello.

Why is Shakespeare so depressing? Why not make a happily ever ending story. But no, he wants people to die in every scene.

Finally lunch arrived, and Lauren and I met up with Anna in front of the cafeteria.

I ended up getting a chicken burrito, Anna -who just recently decided to become a vegetarian- got a salad, and Lauren got a burger.

Once we're seated close to the window, Anna begins talking about her older brother.

Suddenly feeling a tapping on my shoulder, I turn around to see a nervous looking Jasmine. "Hey, uh, I was wondering if I could sit with you guys?"

I grin, a shake my head. "Of course you can Jazz."

When we're finished making room for her to sit, Anna continues her rant. "And- and he's such a pig! When I was peacefully sleeping on the couch, he came home and farted on me, saying 'you looked so peaceful. I hated it.' Like why? Ugh!"

Lauren and I both are trying to hold in our laughter but fail miserably. Anna's brother... Is, I guess you could say special? He's two years older than us, and graduated a couple of months ago. He goes to Berkeley City College, so he still lives with his parents, much to Anna's disapproval. 

He's those guys who were too cool to get good grades, and ended up taking summer school. I thought by now he'd mature slightly, but clearly not by the way Anna's describing him.

I suddenly felt someone shaking my arm. "Em? You good?" Lauren questions.

I smile, and nod my head. "Yeah I'm fine. Just lost in my own thoughts."

Lauren nods back at me and looks at Anna. "Tell her about the party," she whispers.

I furrow my eyebrows. "What party?"

Anna's frustration against her brother suddenly is replaced with a nervous grin. "Um, Jason invited us to his invite only party. It's on Saturday."

"He also said we can go, if you agree to go," Lauren blurts out.

Anna shoots Lauren a glare, and turns back to me. "But we wouldn't go without you of course."

Lauren shrugs, and looks at Anna. "Well obviously. It'd be weird if we didn't go with her."

I chuckle lightly, and rub my arm. "I think it would still be weird if I showed up. We're not even friends anymore."

Lauren laughs, pretending to shoo the idea away. "Please. You don't need to be friends with the party planner to get invited. Half of the time people crash the party."

I release a breath of air, and look away. I quickly try to think of ways this party will benefit me. After a couple of seconds, I realize that I could simply find a way to corner Jason and try to pry out what he's been hiding from me. Lucas is also an option, but he's not my first choice.

Him being him, will probably smirk and be a dick the whole time.

I turn back to Anna and see her giving me her infamous puppy eyes and I groan. "Oh okay. But if I'm bored I'm going home."

Anna jumps up and nods. "Yes! Yes of course! Okay so the party's in a couple of days so we have to think of a plan, and when we can go shopping for a dress and-"

I bring my hand up to stop her from ranting. "Whoa whoa whoa. Why do we need a dress for a high school party? It's not like a dance or something," I say, as I'm staring at her in fear.

"Because Em! It's your first high school party, you should show all them boys what they're missing!" Anna shouts, causing some pairs of eyes to stare at our table.

I chuckle lightly in embarrassment, and pull her hand down. Once she's seated she grins at me and nudges her shoulder against mine. "What do you say? Shopping tomorrow?"

I turn to Lauren and see her staring at me wide eyed. She nods her head discreetly, and I almost smile. She knows if I say no, Anna will force Lauren to go with her.

She's right.

I tightly smile, and slowly shake my head. Anna's grin is immediately replaced by a small pout. "Why? Come on Em, it'll be fun!"

I sigh, and rub my temple. "I'm sorry Anna but if I'm going to a party, the most effort I'm gonna do is wear jeans, not a dress. But don't let me stop you!" I say cheerfully in the end.

Anna's pout is still there, however not as much as it was before. "I guess you're right," she turns to Lauren and a huge grin is already taken place on her face. "Lauren! Shopping tomorrow good?"

Lauren immediately groans and Anna grins even wider, if possible. "Great!"

I laugh at my best friends behavior, and notice Jasmine fidgeting with something on her lap. "Hey Jasmine, you wanna come with us?"

Jasmine's head shoots up and gives me a smile. "Yeah, I'd like that."

"Perfect. Anne, what time does it start?" I ask.

"8.00pm I think."

"Okay, so do you guys wanna come over to my place around 5.00pm? We can hang out for a little then get ready," I offer. Anna, Jasmine, and Lauren all look at each other and nod in unison.

I smile and resume eating. Soon after, Jason and Lucas's conversation starts floating back to me.

I'm trying to see if she knows.

Setting my half eaten burrito down, I try spotting Jason and Lucas in the cafeteria. After a couple of minutes, I come to the conclusion that they're not here.

I turn to the girls and give them an apologetic smile. "Guys, I've gotta go. I'll see you in Fitness though!"

Once I'm standing up, I look over my shoulder and see both Anna and Jasmine wave, and Lauren shout. "Bye babe, I'll miss you! Take good care of your baby!"

I stare at her wide eyed, and see Carly from my Calculus class eating fries. "Hey, can I have some fries?"I ask once I've reached her.

"Have at it," she shrugs.

Once I have a couple of pieces in my hand, I take a bite of one, and then mush the rest of the fries together until it's a ball.

I make eye contact with Lauren, and she widens her eyes. I throw the fry-ball and it lands right on her lap. "Oh my God, eww, " she groans.

I laugh evilly and make my way to the exit.

"You will rue the day Emma Sullivan, rue it!" Lauren yells. Although she's shouting, I know behind her facade, she's smiling.

Making my way to the exit, I give another quick wave to them before leaving.

A couple of moments later, I find myself walking up and down the halls on the first floor.

Deciding on a new change of scenery, I make my way to one of the many staircases in this school.

When I'm near the door, I faintly hear a girl whining, and I search where it's coming from.

After I've peaked in some of the empty classes and the halls, I start heading towards the doors, assuming it's coming from the other side.

Once I've quietly opened the door, I spot Jason being pushed against the wall beside the stairs, and I immediately raise my eyebrows.

I don't shut the door, afraid that I'm going to interrupt their little moment.

"Come on Jas, I don't know why you keep playing hard to get," the mystery girl says as she's trailing her hand slowly down his chest, all the way down to his thighs.

Jason grips her wrist, moves it away from his thighs and glares at her. "I told you, we can't be together."

She begins whining again and I flinch, rubbing my ears. "Why baby? You know that you and I, we're epic."

This girl has a major obsession over Jason.

"Because, well because I-" Jason then spots me and grins.

"Because what baby?" Mystery girl says as she's trailing her finger once again on his bicep.

"I'm dating someone!" He shouts, a grin plastered on his face.

"W-what?" She takes a step back, barely making any difference to their previous distance.

He makes eye contact with me and points. "Yeah, and she's right behind you."

I widen my eyes and Jason, and am about to cuss him out. Before I even manage to get a word out, mystery girl turns around, and I widen my eyes even wider, if possible.

Mystery girl is popular girls minion. I think Anna said her name was Alison.

Alison gasps, and looks at me up and down. Slowly, a look of disgust forms on her face. "Her?"

She scoffs, and turns back to Jason. "How stupid do you think I am Jasey?"

She begins to touch his shoulder once again, and he finally decides to push her off gently. "Sorry Ally, but we're dating."

"This- this is ridiculous!" She screeches. Once again, I rub my ears, and Jason grins at my action.

Alison looks at me once again, a snarl plastered on her face. "You and him won't last honey. You're nothing but trash."

"Well I'll meet you at the dumpster," I shout as she leaves.

Once she's gone, I internally groan. Why am I so bad at comebacks? I really gotta work on that.

I begin rubbing my forehead, and look up. Jason and I make eye contact and I place my hand on my hip, raising my eyebrows.

"If we're dating, I think we should be honest with each other. Maybe why you dropped me or..." I don't finish my sentence. Letting him fill in the plank on what else he's hiding from me.

Jason begins rubbing his neck, and nervously smiles. "Emma..."

I raise my hands up in surrender, and roll my eyes. "I know, I know. You can't tell me," I drop my hands and softly chuckle. "At this rate, I doubt you'll tell me anything."

Jason is about to open his mouth to speak, until a loud bang rings through the staircase.

Turning my head slightly to the right, I see Lucas making his way over to both of us. Once we've made eye contact, Lucas smirks and wraps his arm around my shoulder tightly.

"We doing what we used to do? Our little team meet ups?" Lucas asks as I'm struggling to get out of his hold.

"Not necessarily," I grumble as I'm trying to pry his arm off of me.

Lucas tightens his hold on me even more when he realizes I'm breaking out slightly. Bring me back to square one.

I drop my hands and loudly groan in irritation. Why must he be so infuriating?

I look back at Jason, and I see he's looking between me and Lucas with a sad smile on him face.

"What's up?" I question, and Jason shakes his head.

I look back up at Lucas, try one last time to get out of his hold and Lucas just laughs. "Don't even bother trying princess."

I'm about to retort, until Jason interrupts me. "So are you coming to my party Em?"

I look at Lucas and he raises his eyebrows, waiting for me to answer.

"Yes," I mumble.

Lucas tightens his hold on me, causing me to look up.

What I didn't expect was Lucas having a huge grin on his face.

"Great. It's gonna be a night full of surprises."

Oh my God guys are you proud of me? So far, I'm on schedule!

Thank you for reading. Seeing the comments makes me smile so hard my parents believe that I'm texting a boy when in actuality, I'm reading all of the nice things you're leaving me.

Plus, what are boys when you have books, right?

Well! Thanks again, and I'll see you next Thursday for another update!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.2K 4.3K 33
Aria Matthews is in love with her best friend, Lucas Miller. It is the best kept secret since Area 51 and she knows she would take it to the grave. B...
215K 6.3K 61
Josephine Pryce will do anything to get out of Lakeville even if it means simply tutoring her arch-nemesis Flynn Cauley. Except when it comes to him...
33.1K 2.2K 29
♡ Featured on Stories Undiscovered ♡ ♡ Featured on Teen Fiction ♡ "All it took was one smile, that damned smile, and I found myself falling in love w...
490K 10.4K 66
Sabrina was an average Florida girl just trying to survive her senior year. Being best friends with the bad boy, Lucas- who happens to be her crush s...