Supernatural Oneshots

By Rosawinterthecountry

Hello Darlings! This is my book for Supernatural oneshots! I have been writing for about two years now and wo... More

Welcome!
Sam x Reader
Dean x Reader: Dean's Pie
Gabriel x Reader: Peeking

Castiel and Preteen, Adopted Winchester Reader: Experiencing Grace

131 3 2
By Rosawinterthecountry

     Sometimes Sam and Dean are ridiculous. And when I say ridiculous I don't mean the funny ridiculous. I mean the annoying, aggravating ridiculous. The, 'what do you mean I can't go?' ridiculous. The, 'you're being unreasonable!' ridiculous. Now, I will admit Dean does this more than Sam, but this time they both were. And you know what happens when they agree, you don't even have a chance to negotiate the decision. Even if you do it's all in vain, they won't listen to you.

     That's how I got left behind at the bunker while Sam and Dean went to investigate and destroy what they believe to be a vampire nest. It's not all bad though, I hate dealing with vampires anyway. I just wish Dean trusted me enough to not mess up if I went with them. Just because I'm still considered a kid doesn't mean I can't do anything. I know they just want to keep my safe but if they don't take me with them now how am I supposed to learn to protect myself when I'm an adult.

     Even though there are good things to being left at the bunker there are also negative things about being left behind. Like, I have to go to school and end up getting assigned to reading 40 pages of The Black Arrow in one night. I already hate English and my teacher, Ms. Reyes, enough. If she thinks that assigning that much reading and a personal experience paper rough draft for one night will make me like her and her class she's very wrong.

     Setting down the old copy of The Black Arrow in my lap I let out a frustrated and tired groan as I rubbed my sore eyes. I was only halfway through the reading and still had to write that paper and it's almost seven. Sure, that doesn't seem all that late but I still have history and a ton of pre-algebra homework to do. And no, I did not procrastinate doing my work. I only got home about one hour and fifteen minutes ago because of basketball practice. On top of all this homework I have, I still have to eat, do my laundry, and take a shower.

       From all this stress and reading a headache has formed and what had been a dull throbbing has transformed into the feeling of a truck running over my head while blasting Metallica at full volume. I started massaging my temples, hoping to relieve some of the pain. When that didn't work I placed a bookmark in The Black Arrow and set it to the side, standing from my bed. As I left my room with the kitchen in mind I tried to make as little noise as possible as to not worsen the oncoming migraine.

     Finally making it to the kitchen I grabbed a glass from the cupboard, filling it with water from the sink. Grabbing and Advil from the medicine cabinet I popped it in my mouth before washing it down with water. Now, I can hopefully get some work done once the medicine kicks in, which will likely be a half hour or forty minutes.

      Bringing my refilled glass of water with me I trudged back to my room. I placed down the glass on my bedside table then sat down on my bed, ready to try and resume my tedious homework. "There you are (Y/n), I've brought you your favorite food," Castiel said over the sound of his flapping wings. I let out a scream at the sudden presence and ended up throwing The Black Arrow up in the air, the book landing face down on the floor. I groaned and held my head, screaming like that certainly hadn't helped my headache.

     "What's wrong? Are you okay?" Cas asked in concern, setting down the bag that had my (favorite food) on my bed. "Please speak quieter, I have a massive headache and me screeching like that just made it worse. I just took some Advil and am still waiting for it to kick in. And on top of all of this, I have a whole ton of homework I'm not even close to finishing, laundry to do, I have to eat and take a shower all before bed and school tomorrow." I explained, looking up into Castiel's concerned eyes.

     "I understand, but I think you should eat first, things might lighten up after you're done," Castiel whispered, placing the bag on my lap. I sighed, at least he quieted down like I asked him to. "Maybe you could help me out a bit with my homework by reading some of my homework to me." I said, my gaze falling onto the abandoned book. As I ate Cas read to me which brought me much closer to finishing my homework, lightening some of the stress I was feeling.

     Crumbling up the trash from my meal into a ball I tossed it into my trash can at the other side of the room, successfully making it in.  "Thank you for reading to me Cas. I can take over from there." I said, turning to look up at my angelic friend. "You are welcome." He said, then brought up a hand to my forehead. At that touch, my consciousness slipped out of my grasp and I fell into sleep's clutches.

     I woke up to the tickling of sunlight's rays on my cheeks. Opening my eyes I squinted at the painfully bright light before turning to my clock to check the time. 8:30 am! "Oh shit! I'm late!" I exclaimed, scrambling out of my covers and onto my feet. Rushing around my room, I stuffed my school books into my book bag and changed out of last night's clothing into something fresher. As I got ready I realized I hadn't even finished my homework from the previous night. Today was going to suck.

     Sprinting out of my room I rushed to get outside, passing Castiel in the living room as I went. "(Y/n), where are you going?" He called curiously. "To school Cas, I'm going to be so late!" I panicked, glancing back into the living room. "No, you're not. Didn't I tell you, I've called you out today? I noticed how stressed you were last night and concluded it would be for the best if you stayed home today, this way you have a long weekend to recharge." Castiel calmly explained.

     The panic that had been rising in the pit of my stomach suddenly dropped at his words. "You what?" I asked, letting my backpack slide off my shoulders and land on the floor. "I called you out after asking Sam if it would be alright. I gave them the excuse that you were sick and throwing up." Slowly a smile grew on my face. "Thanks, Cas." I thanked, walking back into the living room and giving the angel a hug.  "You are welcome." He said while returning the hug, his voice causing vibrations to go throughout his chest.

     "Do you know when Dean and Sam are coming back, they've been gone three days now?" I asked, not letting go of the hug. "They said they should be back somewhere around nine, nine am to be specific," Castiel answered. That means that they should be back somewhere within an hour.

      For a while we just stood there in each other's arms, I couldn't tell you how long, but none of it was awkward. It was very comfortable and comforting to know someone was right there like that. I don't like to think about it much, but when Sam and Dean are gone on a hunt and Castiel is busy, I feel unbearably lonely. It reminds me all too much of the painful truth that I'm orphaned and that my twin sister was possessed by a demon, the demon that killed my parents and got away with my sister's body. I pushed those depressing thoughts into the dark recesses of my mind and let my thoughts drift anywhere they'd please as I listened to the comforting continuous beating of Castiel's vessel's heart.

     As I stood there my mind drifted to Castiel, the real Castiel. This person I'm hugging isn't my angel friend's true form, it's just a vessel. As far as I know, Cas is basically made up of something called grace, and if he ever lost his grace he would become human. He'd probably have the same personality, he'd just be no longer an angel. When I see Castiel, I'm not seeing the true Castiel, I have no clue what he could really look like. For all I know he's just a bunch of bright powerful light. When I hug Castiel, I'm not truly hugging Cas, I'm hugging some random man that let Cas use him as a vessel. Which is a weird thought. But then again there is no way the man, Jimmy Novak, is still alive in this body. If I'm right the first time Cas died so did Jimmy.

     "Cas?" I asked, looking up to see his face. "Yes?" He asked, slightly tilting his head to the side. "Can humans feel your grace?" I asked curiously. "What?" Castiel asked, suddenly looking confused. "Like, can we feel your grace or do we not feel anything? When you entered Jimmy, did he feel anything? Did he experience pain? Or did he not feel anything and he ended up feeling like he fell into a deep sleep?" I questioned, stepping out of the hug to use my wild hand gestures.  "I do not know," Castiel answered after a moment of silence, most likely used for thought.

     I looked down at the floor in thought, thinking over Castiel's answer. "Is there any way we can find out?" I asked, tilting my head like Cas normally does. "I suppose I can touch you with my grace, and see if you can feel that." He answered cautiously. "Really?" I asked giddily, suddenly feeling excited. Castiel just nodded his head.

      Suddenly, I felt a warm electrifying, not painful electrifying, heat engulf my right hand. Slowly, as though cautious, the sensation traveled up my arm all the way to my shoulder. It was a comfortable feeling, grace, and now I know that it doesn't hurt. But as the grace traveled up my arm it lightly caressed my side, which caused my breath to catch in my throat. My sides are extremely ticklish, the lightest touch has me squirming and giggling uncontrollably. As suddenly as the grace came it left.

     "Are you okay?" Castiel asked with concern, lightly grabbing me by my shoulders and looking for any sign of injury. "I'm fine Cas! It just tickled my side is all!" I exclaimed. Relief flashed on Castiel's face before the look turned to one of thought, you could practically see the gears turning in his head. Slowly, a devilish smirk made its way on Castiel's face, which seemed rather out of place and made me rather uncomfortable.

     Suddenly the warm electrifying feeling of Castiel's grace was back only this time it was moving back and forth rapidly on my sides as though a million invisible fingers were tickling me. Letting out a shrill screech I fell to the floor laughing, clamping my hands to my sides trying to escape the merciless tickling. It didn't work though, apparently, grace can go through hands, but that didn't stop me from squirming and trying to push away the grace. In a matter of seconds, I was rolling on the floor as I laughed, tears rolling down my cheeks.

      "Stop it! That tickles!" I exclaimed breathlessly as another wave of laughter crashed upon me. The only reply I got was Castiel laughing as he sat down on the couch. I shrilly laughed as I started kicking my feet, as though it was going to help me. "I don't know what I got to do to make you stop but I surrender! You win! I lose! Uncle! I surrender, I surrender!" I yelled the best I could in between giggles.

     "What's going on in here?" A new, but familiar, voice asked. Looking over Dean was standing in the doorway to the living room, Sam right behind him. "I'm tickling (Y/n)," Castiel said as plainly though he was saying that squirrels collect nuts. "But how? You're not even touching her?" Sam asked, obviously very confused. "I'm tickling her with my grace." Castiel answer. "Okay, well have fun," Dean said before walking off, Sam following soon after.

     "Hey! Don't you leave! You gotta stop him! My sides are starting to hurt from laughing so much! I can barely breathe from all this laughing! You two are supposed to be my big brothers! You're supposed to protect me! Which means you have to save me from Cas's merciless tickling!"

     "As I said, have fun."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 23.3K 58
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
286K 11.8K 60
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...
663K 31.6K 55
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...