Man in the Mirror || irwin (D...

By desmadres

She found something, or rather someone, she never expected to find in her new room. More

man in the mirror
prologue
[ part one ]
[ 1 ] 2013
[ 2 ] 2013
[ 3 ] 1960
[ 4 ] 2013
[ 5 ] 2013
[ 6 ] 2013
[ 7 ] 2013
[ 8 ] 2013
[ 9 ] 1960
[ 10 ] 2013
[ 11 ] 2013
[ 12 ] 2013
[ 13 ] 2013
[ 14 ] 2013
[ 15 ] 2013
[ 16 ] 2013
[ 17 ] 2013
[ 18 ] 2013
[ part two ]
[ 19 ] 2013
[ 20 ] 2013
[ 22 ] 2013
[ 23 ] 2013
[ 24 ] 2013
[ 25 ] 1960
[ 26 ] 1960
[ 27 ] 2013
[ 28 ] 2013
[ 29 ] 2013
[ contest ]
[ 30 ] 2013
[ 31 ] 2013
[ 32 ] 2013
[ 33 ] 2013
[ winners ]
[ 34 ] 2013
[ 35 ] 2013
[ 36 ] 2013
[ part three ]
[ 37 ] 2013
[ 38 ] 2013
[ 39 ] 1961
[ 40 ] 2013
[ 41 ] 2013
[ 42 ] 2013
[ 43 ] 2013
[ 44 ] 2013
[ 45 ] 2013
[ 46 ] 1962
[ 47 ] 2013
[ 48 ] 2013
[ 49 ] 2013
[ 50 ] 2013
[ 51 ] 2013
[ 52 ] 2013
sequel
MITM Series

[ 21 ] 2013

36.2K 1.4K 896
By desmadres

[ 21 ] 2013

"A tungsten bullet wound is so painful that, if hit by one, you will immediately pass out due to the pain."

-

It was lunchtime at St. Genevieve's; Harley and Calum sat under the shade of the trees eating their lunch. Today was a grilled chicken wrap which didn't seem all that bad, except for the fact that her tortilla was soggy and dripping ranch sauce from the bottom.

She set it down on her plate in disgust. "You're right, the food they serve here looks completely disgusting. Are they even allowed to serve us this?" She asked Calum.

He shrugged. "They used to give all the good stuff, you know, from fast food places, until the parents complained about it being unhealthy. So the school hired this expensive catering business. They're called Royal Dining."

"This doesn't look royal to me in the slightest." She looked down at her tray of food with a grimace.

Calum rolled his eyes, opening his backpack and pulling out a small brown lunchbag. He handed it to her. "This is why I thought I might bring you some lunch. But don't think I'll do this everyday, Quinn." He told her, taking a bite from the grilled cheese sandwich he held in his hand.

She eyed him suspiciously before taking the bag from his hands. "What did you put in it?"

"Nothing." He replied.

"Are you trying to drug me?" She asked.

"No." He said, his voice dripping with annoyance. "Is this what I get for trying to be nice?"

"Calum Hood being nice for once in his life? Its very hard to believe. You never do things unless it'll benefit you in some way." Her eyes narrowed at him.

"Give me my lunch back then." He told her.

"No." She pulled the bag out of ihs reach as he tried to grab it from her hands. "I'm really hungry, so I'm telling you now...if you did something to this food, I will kill you."

"So..." He began casually, "That new brother of yours...he's a shifter. But not just that. A friend of mine who's a shifter too, lives out there in the UK and my friend told me this guy was over there a couple of months back and he was killing shifters left and right. He's a hunter."

She nodded, "I know. Which is why I brought you here where no one can overhear us. He's planning to eliminate us."

"Look, I know you hate me...And you know I hate Ashton and am planning to kick him out of this world. But for now, I think its very important that the two of us work together. Maybe...if he sees that we have each other's back, he'll realize he can't beat us. We can intimidate him." Calum suggested. 

Harley shook her head, taking a bite of the sandwich that was inside the brown paper bag. "There's no way we could ever scare him. Not when he has a Diamond Rose."

"What the fuck is a Diamond Rose?" He asked, intrigued.

"Its a special hunter's gun that uses tungsten and diamond bullets." She xplained to him.

"Tungsten?" His eyes went wide in fear. "Tungsten will tear right through our shifter shield."

"Exactly."

"A tungsten bullet wound is so painful that, if hit by one, you will immediately pass out due to the pain." Calum said.

"How would you know that?" Harley asked.

He gulped. "My grandfather was killed by a hunter."

"We need to do something to stop him."

"Are you suggesting we kill him?" Calum's brown eyes met Harley's blue ones, "Because I am one hundred percent willing to do it."

"No!" She gasped. "We won't kill him."

As an idea came to him, Calum said, "Maybe I can call my shifter friends to come help us."

"Oh yeah," She said sarcastically. "Round up all the shifters here in Sydney where there happens to be a shifter hunter. You know, that has been your best idea yet."

He glared at her. "What do you suggest then?"

"Last night, I was able to take his gun from him. But then I told him I wouldn't kill him. I'm not a murderer." She said. "And...he said he would spare my life...for now. Which leads me to think he will fee gratitude to someone who spares his life, whether they're shifters or not. So..."

"All we need to do is save his life?" Calum asked, not fully grasping the concept.

"Yes." Harley grinned. "Call one of your friends from England. We'll need him to pretend to try to kill Michael and then we'll save his life."

He sighed. "I doubt it'll turn out the way you want it to, but okay."

.

.

.

.

The final bell for the day had run and the the students piled out of their classrooms, heading for the exit. 

Harley was getting her gym clothes from her locker when she saw Luke walk past her in a hurry. Closing her locker quickly, she ran after him. "Luke, wait!"

He pretended he didn't hear her and continued walking.

"Luke!" She said, finally catching up to him. She set a hand on his shoulder.

He turned toward her, blue eyes meeting hers. "Harley...what's up?"

She huffed, trying to catch her breath. "I just want to know why you've been avoiding me." Though she already knew the answer.

He chuckled nervously. "I'm not avoiding you. What makes you think that?"

"Well," She began, "For one, you turn and run away in the opposite direction whenever you see me coming. That kinda gives it away."

"I haven't been avoiding you." He assured her, though his eyes scanned the empty hallways for an escape. He finally found it in the form of a girl who looked to be in year ten. She walked along, looking slightly distracted with her school books in hand. Luke reached out to grab her arm, pulling her towards him. "I've just been busy spending time with..." He whispered in her ear, thinking Harley couldn't hear him, "What's your name?"

She replied, dazed by his handsome face. "Esra."

"Oh please. You don't even know her!" Harley scoffed.

"Of course I do." He nodded. "We go way back."

Esra corrected him. "I'm an exchange student from Turkey. I just arrived when the school year started, there's no way you could have known me from before."

"Esra," Luke muttered, "Play along please."

Harley's eyes met with the girl from year ten, using this as an opportunity to practice her skills. "Can you leave us alone for a minute, please?"

The girl nodded, her stare suddenly becoming blank. "Sure."

Pulling away from Luke, she walked down the hallway and disappeared from sight. "You don't know why you're avoiding me, but I do. Though I can't tell you." Waving a hand in front of his face, she began, "Listen closely, Luke. This is getting really annoying. So you will stop running away from me. Forget what Calum told you to do. You will still forget what happened at the bowling alley, but you will stop avoiding me. Got it?"

He nodded slowly, repeating her words, "I will stop avoiding you.."

"Good Barbie Boy." She grinned. Waving a hand before him to snap him out of his trance, she said, "Now go do whatever it is you do afterschool."

"I'm not avoiding you." He assured her once more after snapping out of his daze. "And to prove it, I want you to be my date for the homecoming dance this weekend." 

She shook her head, smiling politely at him. "That's not necessary."

"Come on, Harley." He pleaded.

"I don't like dances." She said.

"Am I gonna need to force you like when we went to the bowling alley?" He raised an eyebrow at her.

"I'm not going." She stated firmly.

He grinned, "I'll pick you up at seven."

Then he turned to leave.

She sighed in frustration. "I have more important things to worry about than going with Barbie Boy to the homecoming dance."

"Am I that important thing?" Michael whispered in her ear, standing behind her.

His warm breath caused a chil to travel down her spine.

Without looking at him, she knew there was a smirk present on his face.

"I feel honored." He said to her before walking past her and disappearing down the hallway. As he walked away, Harley could see, clinging to the beltloop of his school uniform pants, but hidden under his red school blazer...

The Diamond Rose.

-

I AM SO MUCH CLOSER TO GETTING 100K READS RIGHT NOW, I ONLY NEED LIKE 4K MORE READS.

ISN'T THAT AMAZING?

I HONESTLY NEVER IMAGINED ANY OF MY STORIES WOULD EVER GET THIS MUCH ATTENTION, AND I CAN ONLY THANK ALL OF YOU FOR THAT.

SO THIS CHAPTER WON'T BE DEDICATED TO JUST ONE PERSON.

ITS DEDICATED TO ALL OF YOU; MY LITTLE SHIFTERS.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT. IT HAS HONESTLY MEANT THE ENTIRE WORLD FOR ME AND I HOPE YOU WILL CONTINUE SUPPORTING ME UNTIL THE END.

ANYWAY, IN TERMS OF THE STORY, I HAD THREE POSSIBLE WAYS IN WHICH CALUM'S SHIFTER FRIEND WILL COME.

MY FIRST THOUGHT WAS MAKING HIM BE ONE OF THE 1D BOYS. LIKE MAYBE NIALL, LIAM, ZAYN OR LOUIS. NOT HARRY CAUSE HE'S KINDA BASICALLY GOT THE ROLE OF ARTHUR IN THIS FIC.

MY SECOND THOUGHT WAS JUST MAKING UP A BOY CHARACTER.

AND MY THIRD THOUGHT WAS MAKING IT A GIRL CHARACTER AND MAKING IT BE ONE OF YOU.

IDK YET.

ANYWAY, I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE UPDATE.

THE SONG OF THE DAY, FOR THIS CHAPTER IS: TEENAGE DIRTBAG --- SUNG BY 1D CAUSE I LIKE THAT VERSION BEST.

AND QUESTION OF THE DAY: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FOOD? MINE IS CHICKEN ALFREDO PASTA OR CHEESE RAVIOLI. I SWEAR I COULD LIVE OFF THAT FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. IT IS AMAZING. THOUGH I NEVER GET TO EAT IT, SIGH. I USED TO EAT IT AT HIGH SCHOOL LIKE ONCE A MONTH CAUSE WE HAD CATERING THAT WAS SHIT AND THE ONLY FOOD THEY KNEW HOW TO MAKE AMAZINGLY WERE THOSE TWO DISHES. (HENCE WHY I MADE IT THAT WAY IN THE STORY, I KNOW HARLEY'S SUFFERING FROM MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE). AND NOW I HAVEN'T ATE THAT IN TWO YEARS CAUSE I GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL AND MY MUM IS MEXICAN SO SHE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO COOK ITALIAN PASTA.

THANK YOU FOR READING. 

I LOVE YOU ALL.

REMEMBER, IF YOU EVER NEED ANYTHING JUST LET ME KNOW. I WANT US ALL TO BE THE BEST OF FRIENDS :D

-CLARY xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.7K 5.6K 40
Everything's not always what it seems..sometimes you just need a safe haven.
919 38 15
She stepped out of the door taking in the fresh afternoon summer’s air this was not what she expected when she wanted something different, something...
1.8K 31 11
She thought she had left that life behind but boy was she wrong, and now she is getting the apartment ready to house someone from her past that she t...
13.3K 509 37
when the love of his life returns home, but in the arms of someone else.