[✔️] Across The Years | Seulr...

By zhenaerys

Falling in love with someone is a crazy feeling. Whether it's forbidden, complicated, or secretly then can't... More

Ch. 1 - An old photo
Ch. 2 - The box
Ch. 3 - A new job
Ch. 4 - Is she or isn't she
Ch. 5 - A spider's web
Ch. 6 - Possibilities
Ch. 7 - Groovy
Ch. 8 - Happy birthday, John
Ch. 9 - Never pass up a chance to see Freddy
Ch. 10 - End of a long road
Ch. 11 - Roughing it
Ch. 12 - Upstairs/Downstairs
Ch. 13 - Not in our stars
Ch. 14 - One day down
Ch. 15 - Breaking character
Ch. 16 - Knock knock
Ch. 17 - The ride
Ch. 18 - Another outing
Ch. 20 - The garden
Ch. 21 - The moment (Part I)
Ch. 22 - The moment (Part II)
Ch. 23 - Too little, too late
Ch. 24 - Running down the clock
Ch. 25 - The circle
Ch. 26 - Out of the frying pan, into the fire
Ch. 27 - Remember me
Ch. 28 - A new world
Ch. 29 - Stranger in a strange land
Ch. 30 - Trouble in paradise
Ch. 31 - Who's the villain
Ch. 32 - Out in the open
Ch. 33 - Catching up
Ch. 34 - Fate or chance
Last Chapter - Wraparound
NEW STORY !!!

Ch. 19 - A little peek

10K 506 400
By zhenaerys

Irene's POV.

I like riding most early in the morning. You can see the dew on the morning grass, the sun is just coming up and it seems like the whole world is slowly coming to life. I also like it, as I see few people around and sometimes I like the solitude. It helps me think and clear my head. With the wedding and its corresponding plans, I need time to think.

It is Wednesday morning, June 2nd, 1869 and it's before 6 in the morning. I'm heading home from another one of my morning rides. It had rained the night before and the morning and the air had an even fresher smell than normal. I've been thinking about Seulgi this morning and could not hide my excitement that she is attending the party on Saturday evening. Normally I would have spent time at the party with Mark, but he's already indicated that he has business to catch up on and cannot attend.

I look forward to not only seeing Seulgi perform but to spend more time with her and get to know her more. The more I know about her, the more mysterious she seems to become. The more mysterious she seems to become, the more I want to know about her.

As I rode my horse slowly through the woods back to home, I soon came across Seulgi's cabin. I could have taken several ways home, but I find myself going past Seulgi's most often.

I rode past and wonder what she was doing. Is she still asleep or getting ready for her day? Such a silly thing to wonder about. Today, my curiosity got the best of me. I quieted my horse as I approached the cabin then put the horse where it couldn't be seen from any of the windows.

Feeling nervous and giddy, I dismounted and slowly approached her bedroom window. I know what I was doing was wrong, but I just had to know something. The Cabin itself had heavy woolen curtains and I may be able to see nothing if they are drawn. Creeping, I slowly made it to her bedroom window.

The closer I got to the window, the more I could feel my heart beating in my chest. Fortunately, the curtains where just ever so slightly apart. Peering in, it took me a second for me to be able to see.

There she was, still dressed in her night-shirt. Beautiful was the word that immediately sprung into my mind. Feeling guilty and thrilled at the same time, I spied her pulling a dress out of the dresser and hold it up.

I knew she could spot me at any time, but still I kept watching. Maybe that was part of why I was doing this; the risk of being discovered. I can't remember feeling more alive than I did at that moment.

A second later, she turned towards the door and slipped out of her night-shirt, revealing her pale graceful naked form to me. My heart jumped nearly out of my chest and my eyes as well.

After disrobing, she stretched for a moment and let her hair fall down across her back. She reminded me of an ancient Greek statue of Aphrodite that I saw at the museum once. I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

Then I saw it, she had a tattoo. As if I wasn't already dumbstruck, that did so rather nicely. I've never heard of a woman having a tattoo before. The only ones I've seen were the crude ones that the sailors by the docks have. Then they were usually a naked girl or something nautical.

But hers was nothing like those at all. Like her own body was a work of art itself. On the back of her right shoulder appeared to be a bunch of red roses. The flowers were drawn intricately with the most stunning detail. The vivid red of the petals and the greens of the leaves looked so real.

Then I saw a second one. It was on her left forearm and appeared to be a rather foreign language.

Underneath it encrypted a 'Love Only' words. Like the other one, it was more like a painting than a simple tattoo.

Where does one get a tattoo like this, was just one of the hundreds of questions that surged through my mind. Again I find out more and she only becomes more mysterious. Her body was like a sensual, graceful, irresistible canvas for the most exquisite works of art.

But more than the tattoos, her form was breathtaking; though I could only see her backside. Not able to look away, my eyes fell to her perfect bosom. A bosom that sent a wave of the most sinful thoughts through my mind.

I felt a most definite stab of disappointment when she covered it with her underwear. I shall certainly burn for this.

Then she began to turn around, which instantly snapped me out of my reverie. I immediately fell backwards onto the ground, right into the mud. Quietly, I crawled from the window, out of sight.

Managing to get away from the window unseen, I ran to my horse and quietly led it away. Of course when I arrived home, I had to explain to Mrs. Bailey how my riding outfit got covered with mud. I told her I tripped as I dismounted.

I didn't want to leave. That part of me that lurks deep inside, wanted to go right back in and fall into her arms.

Who is she?

The rest of the day went as normal. My sister Suzy, Wendy and my cousin Stephanie, who were all standing up in my wedding, came over for tea where we discussed the wedding. Seulgi was there serving and much to my relief, she made no sign that she saw me spying on her. My sister frowns upon my friendship with Seulgi, but other than a few disparaging remarks towards her, she kept quiet on the subject.

I know Seulgi was excited for the part and the small performance she will be putting on. In the meantime, Mark will be taking me out to dinner tomorrow evening in London. A very fancy French restaurant, he told me. I have my doubts and my worries about the marriage. But I know we will be happy. When we're out and he's being attentive and flattering I can easily see how we can be happy together.

When I'm alone, the doubts creep back in. When I'm with Seulgi, I'm just with her and I'm happy. I can't help myself when I'm around her, I know that. But these unholy feelings, urges and Seulgi will soon be a thing of the past.

I can't help but feel some sadness at that thought.

Seulgi's POV.

It's been a busy week. I had my first rehearsal with the actor Charles Green, and it was at the estate of Sir Miles Evanston. He owned a large estate with a huge ballroom. That is where we were to perform.

Charles was a tall thin man, and a head of curly brown hair. I worried about how he'd react to having to work with an amateur like me. But I found him to be friendly and gracious.

Sir Miles had picked out 2 scenes for us to do. One was Macbeth Act 1, Scene 7. I would be playing Lady Macbeth and He would be playing Macbeth himself. It was the scene where Lady Macbeth convinces her husband to kill King Duncan.

The other one was from Richard the III, it was Act 1, scene, 2. Charles plays Richard and I play Anne. It is a scene were the evil Richard woo's a woman right over the coffin of her husband. The late King.

I was a bit nervous working with him as I said, but we got right down to work. He told me at the end of the night that he really didn't mind working with anyone, just as long as they were professional and serious. He told me I was both of those things and was quite impressed by me. I had some time to talk acting and did my best to observe his technique.

As far as a formal dress, I was given one of Suzy's. It was a slightly older one that didn't quite fit her. It was a simple blue formal dress and Mrs. Bailey was kind enough to have a friend make the few alterations that was needed to have it fit.

Finally Saturday came, Charles and I were ready, my dress was ready and my stomach was full of butterflies. Mostly because I really wanted to impress Irene.

So I pulled out some of the big guns. I wash my hair with crude soap. It's all there really available. But for a special occasion, I kept a small shampoo bottle and a small bottle of strawberry scented body wash in my bag. The type you'd find in a typical hotel room.

Soon I was dressed and if I don't mind saying so myself, I looked fucking fantastic.

"Ready or not, Irene. Here I come," I said with a smirk as I left to meet Irene at the house to go to the party.

No One's POV.

Irene and her father were waiting by the barn where they had a fancy looking carriage hooked up to the horses. Seulgi had seen it before in the barn under a tarp and guessed it was only used for special occasions. Normally the plain wagon was used.

"Ah... Seulgi, you're here. We can go now. You look wonderful the evening." Mr. Ferrer who was dressed in fancy 1860's dress said.

Irene who saw Seulgi a second later, didn't speak right away, as the sight of the Korean-American in a formal gown with her hair done pretty much blew her completely away.

With slightly parted lips and a heart that had suddenly began to race, Irene stood there in awe of Seulgi's beauty.

She managed to collect her wits a moments later, "Seulgi, you look lovely this evening."

Seulgi herself was similarly awestruck by Irene in her beautiful pink ball gown, who likewise returned the compliment. "You look quite beautiful yourself, Miss Irene."

Irene's father ushered both women into the carriage and soon they were off, with Robert the groom driving.

In the carriage, Irene could notice the faint sweet smell coming from the woman sitting next to her. She found it oddly intoxicating and her mind quickly drifted to the other morning where she saw Seulgi in the nude.

They made pleasant small talk on the way, but both Irene and Seulgi had each other on their minds. Seulgi while wanting desperately to impress the Ferrer's younger daughter, still was plagued by guilt. Seulgi after all was essentially a fraud and still somewhat of a stalker. That didn't quite sit well with her.

Irene of course kept thinking of Seulgi. How she smelled, her strange but beautiful tattoos. Just how mysterious she was.

Just before 8 in the evening, the carriage pulled up in front of the mansion belonging to Sir Miles Evanston. A well-dressed footman promptly opened the carriage door and helped both Seulgi and Irene out of the carriage.

Entering the mansion, the Korean rebel could hear the sound of classical music playing off to the left which is where the ballroom was.

Soon, they reached the door of the ballroom where the party was in full swing. In one corner, several musicians sat playing classical music. Men and women, all dressed in their finest, mingled around the room. In the center, several couples were dancing a rather formal looking Waltz.

There were of course extremely well dressed servants, carrying sterling silver trays with both glasses of wine and food. Seulgi could only imagine what a fancy ball from the 1800's could have looked like. Being there, it was much like she imagined it to be. Beautiful and elegant.

"Ahh... Mr. Ferrer, Miss Irene and Miss Seulgi, Sir Miles has been expecting you. May I announce you?" Asked one of the well-dressed servants who was standing in the doorway.

"Of course, please do."

The servant stepped forward and loudly cleared his throat, "Arriving are, Major Carlos Ferrer and his Daughter, Miss Joohyun Irenea Bae-Ferrer of Herford, accompanied by Miss Seulgi Kang of Los Angeles, California."

Seulgi looked at Irene who smiled and they all entered the party.

•••

I wanted to get this out and not make the chapters too long. I'll have the next installment out soon where you will find out what happens at the party.

But you got a bit of naughtiness by Irene who spied on Seulgi and got quite an eyeful. She just couldn't help but look.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8K 1K 72
" LOVE " " A powerful word it makes you feel happy the feeling that you're contented of what you have because of love . For so many people love is d...
10.1K 115 31
Here is the April edition of 30 day writing challenge, hope you enjoy it!
234K 26.5K 55
name describes it all
6.7K 114 15
This fanfiction will be Sebastian x mc fanfiction. It will be interactions outside of the main storyline of the game and will be moments they go thro...