๐…๐€๐“๐„๐ƒ ๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐’ โ˜† n. m...

By theashasylum

โI see my fated stars in your eyes. They melt me like the sun does snow.โž - Unknown โ€ข status: i... More

๐…๐€๐“๐„๐ƒ ๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐’
โ˜† โ”€โ”€โ”€ ACT ONE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
โ˜† โ”€โ”€โ”€ ACT TWO
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWEVLE

CHAPTER FOUR

202 10 16
By theashasylum

─── ・ 。゚☆ : *. CAUGHT 
(
chapter four ─ act one )

────────────

As the Orsino couple and "Piper" duo sat around the table in the drawing room for breakfast, there was a strange tension in the air. Alek wasn't his boisterous self, but instead quiet and clearly irritated at something. Rory seemed blissfully ignorant, going about her breakfast as if everything was fine. It was painfully quiet, Ileana and Karsh looking from Rory to Alek  and then back to each other, trying to figure out how to approach the elephant in the room.

"Is everything between alright you two?" Ileana asked gently. 

"Everything's fine, Aunt Ileana" Rory replied with a smile, Alek rolling his eyes. His reaction didn't go unnoticed by the two older witches, but the couple chose not to comment on it.

"Well, that's good because we have a lot of work to do while we're in France, and we don't want anything getting in the way of that," Karsh said, Alek sparing his cousin a quick knowing glance.  "I believe today you're going to be opening a new building on the behalf of your grandfather. Afterwards, there is to be a tour of the park, which to be followed by lunch and then -"

Ileana cut her husband off. "You both have some time to yourselves in the morning. It's not much, but it's still something."

"Yes, Ileana and I have a few things to go over with the staff before we start with today's schedule. Just please don't come back too late."

"Great." Rory smiled as she stood up from the table. "Well if that's everything, I'm going to leave."

"Great, I'm coming with you."

All eyes fell on Alek, momentarily stunned at his decision. They all knew that Rory liked going to  local shops and quieter places in their free time, and Alek, well, the opposite.

"Why?" Rory asked.

The fairy only shrugged, "Why not?"

"And you're taking a security guard with you," added Karsh. He then spoke quickly before the other two could argue, "And that's non-negotiable. So, you two better be off now if you want to go at all."

With an annoyed huff, Rory left the dining room with Alek right on her heels. The pair then headed to the car waiting for them outside, the security guard going in the passenger's seat as the two climbed into the back. The driver took off shortly after and the car ride was awfully silent for a moment. But there was still a single question playing on Rory's mind.

"Why are you here again?"

"I want to spend time with my favorite cousin," Alek responds, his tone making it seem as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"I don't believe you."

"Of course you're my favorite cousin. You've met my other cousins, they're a mess, especially the ones we share. Don't you remember when -"

"I know, I know." She cuts him with a wave of her hands, not wanting to hear the same old story again about their other cousins. "I know that I'm your favorite cousin, Alek. You're mine, too. But are you doing here with me now?"

"Why is it such a problem? Have something to hide?"

Rory let out a sigh, "You're still on this."

"Of course I'm still on this because I know you're lying." Alek leaned back in his seat as Rory stubbornly crossed her arms over her chest. "Now, I may not know what it is you're hiding, but I am determined to find out."

"You're the only one that shares this view, you know."

"Karsh and Ileana will learn that you're hiding something eventually. And when they do, they won't be pleased that you hid it from them to begin with."

"You could just believe that I'm telling you the truth, you know. It would save you a lot of time and energy."

"But I know better." Rory said nothing, instead choosing to turn away from his cousin and stare out of the window. "So, what are you going to do now anyway? Are you meeting your dinner date again?"

Rory smiled tightly. "I'm going into the arts and crafts shop that I found near the bookstore. I need new colored pencils and some charcoal."

"How dull," Alek grumbled disappointedly, the witch laughing lightly.

As Rory said, the car made its way into the town near Dark Raven and parked near the arts and crafts store, the Art Box. Per Rory and Alek's permission, the driver was given a break as the two went out about their business. But of course, the security guard had to go with at least one of them.

"Well, have fun. I'm going to see if I can find a souvenir for Mom." Alek said to Rory and then turned to the security guard beside him. "Would you like anything, Tom?"

"That's very kind of you, sir," stuttered out the guard, moving up to walk beside Alek.

With the two walking away, this left Rory alone on the French sidewalk. Pleased at finally being on her own, Rory happily made her way up the street and entered The Art Box. The shelves were lined with various arts and crafts, soft music playing throughout the store. Rory grinned before picking up a shopping basket and heading further into the store.

She entered the art supplies aisle, staring at the lined shelves as if she were a kid in a candy store. Her mind was so focused on what to buy and which brand that she missed the spine-tingling feeling alerting of another's presence.

"Well, you're out early."

"God in heaven!" Rory practically jumped out of her skin, turning around sharply to see Klaus standing there. The vampire chuckled and continued to do so as the witch hit him on the shoulder. "You asshole! What do you think you're doing?"

"Speaking to you, what else?"

"Next time, I'll just send you through the wall."

"Already thinking of next time, are we?"

Rory narrowed her eyes and turned back around to the task at hand, picking a brand of colored pencils that she liked and placing them in the basket. "What are you doing here, Klaus?"

"I wanted to talk to you about our date with destiny last night."

"One, it wasn't a date. Two, don't equate your stalking with fate." Klaus continued to follow her as she made her way through other the aisles of the store. "And three, what is it about last night that was troubling you so much that you had to come see me the next morning?"

"There was nothing troubling about it, love. In fact, I rather enjoyed myself."

"I am so happy."

Klaus didn't miss the sarcasm laced in her words, but it didn't discourage him. "So, shall we discuss another?"

Rory stopped once she reached her needlework aisle, turning around to face him once again. She stared at him curiously with her tilted, "Are you asking me out right now?"

"Well, I'm merely suggesting that we have another one of our ... meetings again soon."

"Meetings? You make it sound so formal." Rory replied with a chuckle, her laughter soon dying down once she noticed the expression on his face. Her face softened before she admitted, "Well, I enjoyed myself as well last night and I wouldn't mind if we did it again."

"Really?" Klaus perked up at Rory's response, the girl nodding shyly before practically running down the aisle. The vampire caught up with her with ease, standing behind her as she began to look at needles and threads. "So, shall we say tomorrow then?"

"No." Rory turned her head over her shoulder and explained, "I work to do, Klaus, and a life doesn't revolve around you."

"Poor you."

The witch froze  as she realized just how close Klaus was to her in this moment, and she used the short time to take in his every detail. The first few buttons of his shirt were opened, the multiple chains of his necklaces. Her eyes trailed up his sharp jawline to his face, which looked utterly perfect. And finally, Rory's eyes found the feature that she took a liking to the most, those deep blue eyes that were now focused solely on her.

"See something you like, love?" said Klaus lowly, the accent coupled with the nickname making her knees weak.

"Shut up," Rory muttered before turning away from him, the vampire smirking at the blush now tainting the witch's cheeks.

Klaus then reached around her, grabbing one of the many threads that were on the shelf. "What do you need this for?"

"The lace."

"Lace?" The question Klaus asked was mostly to himself though as his mind tried to find a solution, all of which weren't exactly pure or innocent. But he was more than happy to see it become a reality.

Rory shook her head, knowing that Klaus' mind had landed up in the gutter. "My grandmother sews lace in her free time. I want to buy some for her."

"Are you close with your grandparents?"

"Very. They're practically the center of my world." Rory replied, putting two threads in the basket before she continued walking again. "What about you? Are you close with your grandparents?"

"I've never met them," answered Klaus honestly. "My parents were never really close with their parents, so I didn't get a chance to know them."

"Shame. They missed out on quite a lot."

"That is very true," Klaus agreed with a chuckle.

The two eventually found their way to the checkout line in the front of the store. And as Rory reached inside the purse for her wallet as the cashier checked out the items, she heard the sound of the cash register opening. The witch stood there dumbfounded while Klaus began grabbing the bags.

"Sir, what about your change?" asked the cashier.

"Keep it," Klaus answered with a polite smile, grabbing Rory's arm and making his way toward the door. "Have a nice day."

The pair exited the store, walking alongside the sidewalk until they stopped at an empty portion of the street. The two stood in front of each other, a strange awkward silence in the air. Klaus merely grinned as he watched the bashful Rory, who was trying to figure out what to do or say next.

Rory adjusted the strap on her shoulder. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," Klaus replied with a smile. "Now, I believe we were discussing-"

But Rory's face soon fell as she noticed something behind Klaus. "Oh, no."

"Ah, there she is!" said Tom, the security guard assigned to watch Alek and Rory, with the driver beside him.

"Are you that's her?" questioned the driver.

"I know what she looks like, Clark," Tom bit back and then waved his hand. "Ms. Piper!"

"No, no, no, no," muttered Rory before ducking into a nearby alleyway, making sure to grab Klaus' hand and take him with her.

"Ma'am? Ma'am?" She could hear the sound of Tom and Clark's footsteps getting closer, apologies leaving their mouths as they pushed their way through to the crowd to get to Rory. But they couldn't possibly see her with Klaus. They would jump to conclusions and report their findings to Karsh and Ileana. And then it would go up the chain to her parents and worst of all her grandparents. And there was no way Rory could let that happen, not if she could find a way to prevent it.

Rory began to pace. She needed a solution and fast. "Think, Rory. Come on, think."

"Friends of yours?" Klaus asked rhetorically. It was funny to him. She was clearly trying to not get caught with him, which only made the situation all that more amusing to him.

The witch dismissed his comment with a wave of her hand. "Just shut up for a second, will you?"

"Why?" An amused grin made its way onto the vampire's face. "Afraid someone might see us together? Afraid of a little scandal tainting your perfect image?"

"Are you sure it's this one?" asked Tom, Rory squealing and stepping forward closer to Klaus.

The vampire's amused expression changed into one of mild shock and confusion. Seeing the fear on her face, Klaus attempted to move around her to deal with the threat coming their way. But Rory's hand landed on his chest and pushed him back against the wall, the bags he was holding falling onto the floor. She then turned her head away and held out her other hand, a white glow emitting from it. The glow spread out to cover them and then the surrounding area.

"Yes, I'm sure. Now Ms. Piper, it is time for us to go now, would you-" Clark began as he entered the alleyway. But the driver never finished his sentence as Tom caught up to him, the two frozen at the alleyway's entrance.

There was nobody there.

"See? She isn't there," complained Tom.

"But she was just -"

The security guard rolled his eyes. "She's a witch, remember. She'll be back before they begin with their schedule for the day. Just come on."

"But I swear she was just -"

"Yeah, I know, I know," said Tom in annoyance, grabbing Clark's arm and dragging him away. The two men continued to bicker with each other until their voices drifted away into silence. Rory looked at the spot where Tom and Clark once stood, a grin slowly appearing on her face at what she just did.

"Yes, I did it," Rory praised herself, getting more excited as the realization set in. "I did it! I knew I could do that spell!"

"Bravo," finally said Klaus, the witch turning her head to face him. "But what exactly did you just do?"

"I cast an illusion spell. I gave Tom and Clark the illusion that we weren't here." Rory then let out a small laugh, "And my teachers said I would never get the hang of it."

"Well, that's what they get for doubting you."

Rory and Klaus locked eyes for a moment, neither one daring to move a muscle. Klaus looked down and Rory followed his gaze to see her own hand. Her hand was still on her chest and the other still up in the air casting the spell.

Rory's eyes widened with realization as she backed away from Klaus, dropping her hand and the spell with it. He watched her amusedly as she gathered the bags up from the floor, muttering apologies left and right. It was fun to watch her get so flustered because of him.

Rory finally stood still, nervously brushing her hair behind her ear. "I have to go," she announced before running off. Why did he always have to make her so flustered?

"The fun is only just beginning, sweetheart." Klaus grabbed her arm and pulled her back towards him before she could get away. "And who are you to get in the way of fate?"

Even though there was a small voice in her head telling her to refuse, Rory wanted to accept. Klaus is persistent, and the last thing she needed was for him to show up on the steps of Dark Raven. Besides, she was telling the truth when she said earlier that she enjoyed her time with him. So why couldn't she just do this one thing for herself?

Rory couldn't hold back the grin from appearing.  "Two nights from now, I expect to see Étoiles Filantes and at the same time as our previous ... meeting."

"Your wish is my command, love." Klaus then slid his hand down her arm until his hand was now holding her own. He then lifted her hand up and placed a gentle kiss on Rory's knuckles, staring deep into her eyes. "Until then."

Within seconds, Klaus was gone, disappearing from the French town. Rory shook her head before preparing to cross the street . And that was when she saw Alek across the street, standing outside a small bakery. But his mouth had fallen open, the bag of gifts for his parents having fallen to the ground in shock.

・゚: *・゚:*・゚: *

Alek was restless all the way back to the estate. His leg was bouncing, muttering words that were incoherent to Rory, who was sitting beside him. She attempted to talk to him and figure out what was going on, but he refused to speak with her. So, the witch used the time to apologize to Tom and Clark for what happened earlier. She explained that she had noticed them but ran off instead of going with them to get one more item before they would leave.

The moment the car arrived at Dark Raven, the fairy jumped out of the vehicle and headed towards the estate. Rory got out of the car after him and attempted to catch up to him, but he was too fast. Karsh was walking through the main hall when Alek ran past him and up the grand staircase to his room.

Karsh stared at the staircase, both he and Rory far too confused at the fae's behavior. "What is going on with Alek?"

"I have no idea," Rory answered honestly and then straightened up. "But I'll go speak to him, Uncle Karsh."

The warlock nodded,  worried for the young fairy. "Please do."

Rory walked up the grand staircase to Alek's room, which was right next to her own. The room was cream in color, green vines around the room and a medium sized tree in the corner. Alek was pacing, going over and over in his head how to start the conversation.

"Will you finally tell me what this is about, Alek?" Rory said to her cousin, truly concerned for him. "Seriously, I'm worried."

"Spell the room, quickly."

"What?" That wasn't what she was expecting him to say.

"Cast a spell to soundproof the room. I don't want anyone hearing what I'm about to say next."

Rory watched him for a moment before doing as she was told, casting a spell on the room to make it soundproof. Now, less noise could be heard outside the room. If Alek was right, which he was sure he was, he didn't need the staff, Karsh or Ileana to hear what he was about to say.

"Okay, what -"

But Rory didn't finish her sentence as Alek began to hit Rory on the shoulder repeatedly. "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"What are you talking about?" gritted out Rory, pushing him away.

"I'm talking about you and Klaus Mikaelson."

"Me and who?"

"Don't play dumb with me, Rory. I saw you today."

"I don't understand what's the big deal. He's just this guy I met while we were here in France."

"He's a Mikaelson! He's Klaus Mikaelson!"

"Okay and?"

"Don't you remember your history?" Alek asked genuinely, though it was clear by the look on her face that she obviously didn't. "The Miakelson family are the oldest vampires in history. They are the Original family and from them, all vampires were created. And you were just casually out and about with one."

Rory took a seat on the edge of the bed, trying to process what was being said to her. "So ... Klaus is actually a Mikaelson."

"He's the most feared and hated of the Mikaelsons, to be specific. And that's the one you chose to become all buddy-buddy with. Wait a minute ..." Alek stopped pacing for a moment, turning to his cousin as he realized something. "Is he the one you went on a date with last night?"

The witch shifted in her seat nervously. "Well, it wasn't a date per say, but ..."

"Rory, what the -"

A knock on the door stopped the argument in its tracks, the two freezing. Once Alek told them to come in, the door opened and Ileana walked in. Their eyes widened, Alek moving quickly to sit down beside Rory. 

Ileana looked from Rory to Alek. "Are you two okay in here?"

"Fine, perfectly fine," Alek replied, Rory nodding her head fervently.

Ileana didn't believe them for a second. But she didn't have time to find out what was obviously troubling them. "Well, it's time for us to go."

"What did you and Karsh have to go over anyway?" Rory then asked. "I thought everything was settled for our trip before we left."

"Oh, it was but ..."

Rory stared at her aunt, waiting for her to finish her sentence. Whatever it was, it was clearly bad news, but it'd be better if she'd just rip the band-aid off now. "But?"

Ileana took a deep breath before finally spitting out the truth. "Both of your parents wished to speak with us ... and your grandparents."

"Oh," Alek chuckled nervously, Rory had gone completely still. "A-And what did they have to say?"

"We will tell you both about it later but right now, we have to go." Ileana's eyes then landed on her niece and she instantly got worried. "Is Rory alright?"

"She's fine."

"We're leaving in a few minutes."

Rory didn't know what to say, it was like her mind had gone completely blank. Her parents and grandparents spoke with Karsh and Ileana. And knowing them, it couldn't have been to have a nice chat with the family. This was the first step in her worst fears coming true.

So, no, Rory was not okay.

Alek sat down beside Rory and let out a sigh. "You are so screwed."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

870K 20.5K 143
- โ๐š ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ฐ๐จ๐ฅ๐Ÿ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ง๐จ ๐ก๐ฎ๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ, ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฑ๐ข๐ง๐ โž โœจ๐Ÿบ โ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฐ๐ž๐š๐ค. ๐๐ฎ๐ญ...
268K 9.5K 57
๐Š๐‹๐€๐”๐’ ๐Œ๐ˆ๐Š๐€๐„๐‹๐’๐Ž๐ ๐— ๐Ž๐‚ โ IMAGINE A WORLD LIKE THAT โž ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ฆ'๐˜ด ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฆ๐˜น...
7.6K 365 14
๐‘บ๐‘ท๐‘ฌ๐‘ณ๐‘ณ๐‘ฉ๐‘ถ๐‘ผ๐‘ต๐‘ซ ๐ด๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘’'๐‘  ๐‘›๐‘œ ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘ฆ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐ผ'๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘’๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘ค๐‘–๐‘กโ„Ž ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘๐‘ข๐‘ก ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘’๐‘›๐‘‘๐‘  ๐‘‘๐‘œ๐‘›'๐‘ก ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘œ๐‘˜ ๏ฟฝ...
402K 8.6K 34
โ๐—ช๐—ฒ ๐—•๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ดโž โœง เณƒเผ„ ๐–ถ๐—‚๐—‡๐–พ ๐—Œ๐—๐–บ๐—‚๐—‡๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐—๐–พ๐–พ๐—๐— ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐–ป๐—…๐—ˆ๐—ˆ๐–ฝ๐—Œ๐—๐—ˆ๐— ๐–พ๐—’๐–พ๐—Œ ๐–ณ๐—๐—‚๐—‡๐—„ ๐—๐–พ'๐—‹๐–พ ๐–ป๐—ˆ๐—๐— ๐–ฟ๐—Ž๐–ผ๐—„๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐—Ž๐—‰ ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ...