Broken

By Meg_Wil_Cali

This book is the sequel to Breaking. When Rose becomes stronger and keeps trying to ruin Courtney and her fri... More

Broken
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 5

38 0 0
By Meg_Wil_Cali

Nate's POV

When I got back up to my dorm, I had calmed down. I groaned as I walked into my room and saw that Cole was still awake. He was reading, which is odd because he never reads. He looked up over his book and smiled. I heard a small chuckle escape his mouth.

"What are you laughing at?" I questioned as I shut our door. I headed over to my bad and collapsed on it, waiting for his answer.

"Where were you all evening?" He raised an eyebrow at me. I could practically hear his thoughts. I shuddered. Which didn't help considering he burst out in laughter.

"I was not doing what you think I was doing! I was with Court and Nat." I rolled my eyes at him. He has the dirtiest mind out of everybody I know.

"Was there a cat fight? Meow!" He did the cat claw thing with his hand. I held back a chuckle. Cole loves cat fight's especially when they involve him.

"Why would there be a cat fight Cole?" I thought if I played dumb he would drop the subject. Sadly I was dead wrong.

"Oh come on! Natalie totally knows that you have feelings for Courtney. She'll want to defend her territory! Courtney may not realize what's going on but even if she doesn't have feelings for you she'll defend you because your her best friend. How can it be any less obvious!?" He must've put a lot of thought into this.

"Oh. No there wasn't a cat fight. Sorry to disappoint you." I layed back down onto my pillow. I folded my hands behind my head.

"Damn! So why did you have to talk to both of them?" Now it was time for the truth. I had to tell him about the call from Rose. He'll get so pissed off though. He still hasn't forgiven her for killing Viola. None of us have, but he is the worst. No. Courtney is the worst considering Rose is her sworn enemy, but Cole is right behind Courtney. He can hold a grudge too. That doesn't help anything.

"Well Rose called Court. So we were talking about what we were going to do about it her. Then she called me..." I waited for his reaction. He just stayed calm and nodded his head. I proceeded to tell him what Rose said and what I figured out.

"So you aren't in love with Courtney?" I sighed.

"I am in love with her. But the only reason I am is because of that potion. Rose is trying to ruin my relationship with Nat and Court. She thinks that she'll get Nat to break up with me or me with Nat, then I'll be free to go after Court. But Court doesn't have any feelings for me, and she'll end up hurting me to the point of suicide." Well I can't make that sound any less frightening. I've got to learn how to surgar coat things!

"So wait. Rose didn't plan on killing you by shooting you. She planned to have you kill yourself?" I really did not want to explain everything for him again. He can be so oblivious sometimes.

"I guess. Please don't make me explain it again." I sighed into my pillow. Exhaustion is setting in.

"I won't. Dude you have to stay away from Courtney." That is not what I wanted him to say. Honestly I can't stay away from Courtney. I know it's bad, but her smile is addicting when I'm in this state. I don't think I'd be able to go a day without seeing her blonde curls and deep blue eyes. What am I saying? This potion really is going to be the death of me. I rubbed my hands on my face in frustration.

"That won't help anything Cole! She needs me beside her while she deals with all of this." I didn't tell him the part where my heart practically fell into my stomach when he said that I needed to stay away from her. God I'm losing it!

"Nate. She might need you but if you tell her about what you told me and the potion she'll understand. You just have to get through this. Did Rose say how long the potion will last?" Shit! I hadn't thought about that! I groaned into my hands. I was getting more frustrated by everyword he says.

"No she didn't. Shit! Cole I can't tell Courtney. She's under enough stress already. This would just add more. She needs me! She can't fight this without me." I finally looked in his eyes. I saw understanding and saddness. I know this must be hard on him. He just lost his girlfriend and we all had to recover from her death pretty quick. Cole is still grieving. He lost the one girl he has ever fell in love with. I don't know what he's going through but I do know that I would hate to lose Courtney. I mean Natalie! Shit! I cannot catch a break today!

"Nate it's okay! I understand. This potion has you messed up pretty bad. We'll find away to get rid of it. Until we do try to focus on Natalie, not Courtney. That'll probably help to get it out of your system faster and easier." See there are moments for Cole when he is utterly brilliant! Then there are the times where he is the stupidest person you will ever meet. He makes my dog look smart, and she barks at the wall.

Cole turned off the light and we both went to bed. I couldn't help but think of Courtney as I drifted off to sleep. I thught about everything we had been through together up to today when I saved her life. That was honestly a low point for me. I mean sure I felt like a hero but gosh who wants to get shot? I thought I was dead for sure. Then I miraculously woke up in her arms. The first thing I saw when I woke up was her tear stricken face. Then when she opened her eyes and saw me staring up at her she wrapped me in the biggest hug I've ever recieved. The moment was perfect. After she let go I saw her smile down at me. Her blue eyes shown with new happiness and excitment. Tears still flowed but this time for a different reason. They weren't grieving tears anymore, they were happy tears. Joyful in everyway they were created.

My last concious thought was about her. Natalie never entered my mind once.

                                                                             ***

When the dream started I didn't even realize I was dreaming. I was standing in the courtyard of the school. Natalie held my right hand and Courtney help my left. The sun was shining brightly and the fountain of the Virgin Mary was sparkling. I looked down at Courtney who was smiling up at me. Then I looked to Natalie who mirrored Courtney's expression. I sighed in contentment.

"The perfect day with my two favorite girls in the world." I said as I looked up to the sky. I heard Natalie giggle and Courtney sigh as she layed her head on my arm. Everything felt so right. Then the dream shifted. It was now night and Courtney and Natalie were standing in front of me fighting.

"Nat back off! Tonight is my night with him! You had him last night!" Courtney was making huge arm movments as she yelled at Natalie. Natalie had tears running down her face.

"I loved him before you even came to this school! He loves me more than he loves you!" She smacked Courtney on her cheek. Courtney raised her hand to slap her back but I grabbed her arm before she had the chance.

"Girls, gilrs. There's no need to fight. There's plenty of Nate to go around." I chuckled as they both stared at me in confusion. Then they both broke out in histerical laughter.

"You think we are fighting over you?" Courtney managed to get out while laughing.

"Can anybody smell ego?" Natalie started to laugh harder. Both of them were laughing so hard that they had tears running down their faces.

"What's going on?" I was really confused. Just today they were both in love with me! Then I heard Cole come out and stand in between the two girls. He had a smug look on his face. Both girls grabbed onto his arms and started to sigh and nuzzle their cheeks against his arms.

"Don't you remember Nate?" He started. His smile slowly turned evil. I shook my head urging him to continue. He did a small chuckle.

"Two months ago you broke up with both of these lovly girls for Rose. Well they were both heartbroken and I was there for them. Come on girls no more fighting. Tonight is Courtney's night Natalie." He changed his focus from me to the girls. Leaving me confused as ever. I still didnt' understand what was going on until she stepped out from a bush. Rose came over and stood beside me. She snapped her fingers and Cole and the two girls froze.

"Why hello Nate. Nice of you to join me in this fantasy." She grabbed onto my hand. For some reason I didn't pull away.

"What is going on?" Instead of pulling away I entwined our fingers more locking out hands together. Rose chuckled and then she pulled my face close to hers. Close enough that our lips were only centimeters apart.

"My darling, your memory is slowly fading. Here let me refresh it for you." She slowly kissed me. I closed my eyes and put my arms around her waist. She put her hands in my hair and started to play with it. I put a hand on the back of her neck deepening the kiss. When we pulled away from each other we were both breathing heavily. I looked into her eyes and forcefully pressed my lips against hers. Just as she started to run her hand through my hair I woke up.

Natalie's POV

I could just kick myself. It's my fault that he's in love with Courtney! I poured that damn potion on him, when it was all a trick! I looked over at Courtney. She had fallen asleep the minute she layed down on her bed. She's under so much pressure. I knew I should tell her about the potion but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

"He needs to do it himself. I could tell that he's figured it out by the look on his face before we left." The only problem is, will he tell her? Or is this potion making him go all wakey to point where he's unrecognizable? I don't want to lose my boyfriend. I love him too much. I know that if he wasn't under the influence of that potion he'd feel the same way but I still find myself jealous of Courtney. She now had him wrapped around her finger.

I decided that I needed to stop fussing over this and get some sleep.

                                                                           ***

The dream started in a meadow. I was running. It wasn't a panick run like I was running away from someone. It was more like I was running towards someone. I looked in the distance and saw Nate running towards me. A smile on his face. His teeth glistening in the sun. He had his arms wide open. As we got closer together I realized it wasn't Nate who I was running towards it was Cole. I wanted to stop and turn around but my feet wouldn't listen. I kept running towards him. When we reached each other he lifted me up in his arms and spun me around.

When he put me down he got on one knee. I was sure he was going to propose, but he didn't. Instead he sang Justin Beiber's new song Boyfriend. It was so romantic! I don't know why I thought so, I hated Justin Beiber but at that moment it was my favorite song.

He finished the song by standing up and putting his hands on my waist pulling me close to him. He started the song again and we started to dance. We danced all around the meadow. He turned me in slow circles. His gaze never left mine. He concluded our dance with a slow kiss. It was very romantic. It wasn't a make-out sort of kiss. It was the kind that leaves you smiling and more in love, but still able to breathe.

When his lips left mine, the feel of his still lingered on mine. My face flushed as he looked at me triumphantly like he was the luckiest guy in the world. I put my hand up to his face and caressed his cheek.

"Natalie, I love you so much." He sighed. This only made me blush more. My smile became bigger. I hushed him but kept our gazes locked. I put my arms around his neck and he put his hands on my waist. The moment was perfect. I didn't want to ruin it by senseless talking. I hadn't felt so loved for a long time.

I smiled as I kissed him again. It lasted longer than a peck but not long enough to be called a full blown make-out session. Yet there was still deep passion buried in it. All I knew at that moment was the feel of Cole's lips on mine. My fingers tangled in his hair. His hand pressed deeper against my waist. It was the perfect kiss.

"The perfect kiss with the perfect girl." Cole said at last after we pulled a part. I smiled and giggled.

"You just read my thoughts." I teased. I ran my hand through his hair again smiling up at him.

"Don't you know that when you find your true love you can read their thoughts?" Cole said accusingly to me. I pecked him on the lips again before speaking.

"Are you saying you love me?" I tease narrowing my eyes at him.

"Ms. Natalie I'm saying that I've always been in love with you." His smile grew wider as he saw my cheeks turn bright red.

"I love you too, Cole." As we leaned in for one more kiss, my eyes flew open and I was awake.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

807 106 35
They're falling in love with their best friends, but past trauma and current taboos have a way of making everything more complicated. Will they be a...
1.8K 97 24
This book is about best friends running a drug dealing business together. But will this dangerous job break them or their families apart??
167K 6.1K 41
Book 2 (sequel to UNFORGOTTEN) "I know you are in a safe place, but god I miss you..." I started, my voice cracking. "I miss you so much." ----- One...
162 22 19
A story of friendship, trust, heart break and high school life. A group of friends survive their last year in high school and each go through a stage...