The Best Mistake | A Draco Ma...

By sab_stories

After the events of the recent wizarding war, Serena Collins had one goal in mind coming back for her final y... More

Prologue
02 - The Deal
03 - The Origins
04 - The Escape
05 - The Patronus
06 - The Reason
07 - The Aftermath
08 - The Glare
09 - The Box
10 - The Burn Out
11 - The Advice
12 - The Glow
13 - The Chill
14 - The Moonlight
15 - The Reply
16 - The Visit
17 - The Past
18 - The Dinner
19 - The Prince of Slytherin
20 - The Platinum Trio
21 - The Letter
22 - The Confrontation
23 - The Common Room
24 - The Three Broomsticks
25 - The Ticket
26 - The Dilemma
27 - The Question
28 - The Valentine's Date
29 - The Miscommunication
30 - The Dinner Party
31 - The Field
32 - The Rumour
33 - The Truth
34 - The Plan
35 - The Dress
36 - The Broken
37 - The Talk
38 - The Time
39 - The Trial
40 - The Malfoy Manor
41 - The Family Meeting
42 - The Best Mistake
Acknowledgement

01 - The Meeting

2.5K 61 55
By sab_stories

Serena finally reached the tower to see it empty. She wasn't sure how to feel as of the moment. Her plan of looking beautiful and confident as she share her true feelings quickly went out the window as she was sure she looked disheveled and a nervous wreck. She was arguing with herself if she should continue, suddenly unsure if this was the right time, what if he wasn't going to come? What if she was just getting too ahead of herself? She was about to turn around when she heard footsteps.

She caught her breath and swallowed hard. This was it, he had come.

"Who--"

"Wait!" Serena interrupted him, she wanted to say the things she wanted to say before her courage left her. She chose to look out at the scenery instead of turning back to look at him, for she was sure that if she did look at him she will get too nervous and back out of her plan.

"I-- I know you might be wondering why I asked you to come here and well.. Um... Oh I'll just get straight to the point!..." Serena clenched her fists and closed her eyes, "... I like you! I have liked you since our 5th year, ever since you saved me from that...incident. You're my hero and I admire you for everything that you are."

Serena was only met with silence. Tristan didn't say anything, nor did he move, nothing. And then she wondered maybe their house differences was an issue. "If you're hesitant because I'm a Slytherin, please know that while we're mostly known for evil wizards and witches, even death eaters before, we're not all like that. It's actually a very unfair prejudice on our part and after the war, most of those who were with Voldemort turned a new leaf. And with you being a Gryffindor and I a Slythe--"

"Gryffindor?! What the bloody hell are you talking about me being a Gryffindor?!"

Serena furrowed her brows, 'this is not Tristan's voice' she thought. She suddenly felt anxious as to who she has falsely confessed to, she swallowed a lump on her throat and carefully turned around.

Her eyes widened as she saw the man standing in front of her.

Instead of the brown chestnut hair, dark dreamy eyes, with an angelic face she admired and expected, the man in front of her was the complete opposite. Platinum blond, grey stormy eyes, and an arrogant face with his eyebrow shot up in confusion was what greeted her .

"Malfoy?! What the bloody hell are you doing here?!"

"What am I doing here?! I got a letter, which I'm guessing is from you, to come here tonight!"

"But.. But that wasn't meant for you!"

"I gathered as much, as you called me a bloody Gryffindor earlier" Draco Malfoy crossed his arms, a smirk forming across his face upon seeing the woman in front of him on the verge of a panic attack.

"No no no no no no! This is not good! Oh Merlin's beard what have I done" Serena had her hand above her eyes as if hiding herself from embarrassment while pacing back and forth. How will she get out of this humiliation? How could she be so stupid as to not even turn around to make sure she was talking to the right person? And how...

"Wait a minute, how did you even get the letter? I placed it on his table!"

"No, you placed it on mine."

"No I didn't! I precisely remember his seat: row 5, column 2 left side!"

"Exactly yes, that is my seat," Draco said proudly.

"What? No, it isn't! I memorized it, did you change seats or something?"

"No. All our seats have been the same since the start of school and before you argue with me again, might I ask who you were actually waiting for?"

"What makes you think I'll tell you?" Serena crossed her arms as well matching Draco's.

"Since I might help you" Draco offered as if he was offering to a good old friend.

"Have you drank too much firewhiskey tonight? Why on earth would you want to help me?"

"First of all, there weren't any firewhiskey available, sadly. Second, why not? I have nothing else better to do, and I feel sorry for your failed, and rather humiliating confession, so why not help a fellow Slytherin out?"

"I don't want your pity Malfoy and I don't need your help." Serena walked pass Draco and stopped by the stairs "But I do ask a favour. Please do not tell anyone of what happened here tonight. None of this happened. Good night Mr. Malfoy" and with that Serena went down and walked to her dorm room feeling deflated and disappointed.

Draco was left standing in the tower, unable to move. He was amused by the events that just happened, it was truly not what he expected. He almost didn't come but was he happy he did. He wasn't unfamiliar to women confessing to him, but it was the first time he was asked to meet up, and when he arrived at the top of the astronomy tower he was pleased to see it was the girl he had been eyeing in the great hall waiting for him. He felt a bit disappointed that the confession was not meant for him but after witnessing her, and seeing how genuine she was, for some odd reason he wanted to help her.

He didn't really know much about the girl earlier, she was familiar to him, yes but he didn't know her name, she wasn't one of the Slytherin girls who would seek his attention during the day, or night. But one thing he knew about was she was attractive. Her beauty was not the show-stopper kind, it was more like art. At first, you wouldn't think any of it but the more you look at her is when you would see her beauty. She had an intriguing aura about her, with her long raven black hair, and blue sapphire eyes, quite a beauty indeed.

After the events of the war, Draco vowed to turn into a new leaf. He wanted to bring back the honour of the Malfoy name in the right way and maybe Draco could start here. So he made a promise under the stars to help her.

The next morning, Serena felt horrible as she was sleep-deprived, unable to sleep properly since the events that happened in the astronomy tower would replay over and over again like a broken record. She dragged herself to the Great Hall for some good breakfast.

She sat at the edge of their table filling her plate with waffles, muffins, and bacon. Ever since the start of the school year she felt a bit lonely without her friends by her side. She has gotten used to it and being alone never bothered her, but times like these she wished her best friend was here. She was going to owl her later of what happened last night.

Serena was slowly eating her waffle when she saw two figures sit down in front of her. She looked up to see it was Malfoy and Zabini. She wasn't the only one confused as she noticed how other Slytherins were also giving them confused looks. The two men seemed oblivious and began to fill their plate nonchalantly.

"I'm sorry but what are you two doing here?" Serena asked as the two men didn't even acknowledge her.

"Eating breakfast of course" Draco answered while taking a bite of his poached egg.

"No, I meant what are you doing sitting over there?" Serena pointed at them.

"Well, we're Slytherins so it's only natural to sit in the Slytherin table." Zabini finally spoke after sipping his drink.

"Fine then! Why are you two sitting here with me, someone you haven't sat with for the past 7 years, or even talked to yet here you are acting like we're the golden trio"

Draco and Blaise looked at each other and then back to Serena, "Uh, no, don't compare us to the golden trio, we're better than those goody Gryffindors" Draco said.

"Much better. We're like the....... Platinum trio" Blaise continued

Draco turned to Blaise, "Oh, I like that"

"Why are you even saying we're a trio when we're not even... you know what, never mind! Back to why you two are here please!" Serena interjected the two.

"Like I told you last night, I'll help with your little love problem and Zabini here has agreed to give tips as well. He has the most experience after all and he's the one with the girlfriend."

"You told Zabini what happened last night?! Malfoy you idiot! Didn't I ask you not to tell anyone?!"

Blaise reassuringly smiled at Serena, "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone and I'd like to help. This year has started off to be a bit boring but now with us helping you, it won't be.... Uh what's your name again?" 

Serena lifted an eyebrow and looked at both of them, she doubted Draco knew her name either. "And here I thought we were the best of friends..." she rolled her eyes "... My name is Serena Collins"

"Serena Collins...." Blaise was thinking why the name was familiar and Serena could see that. She knew that if they knew who she was they would leave her alone.

"Well Collins, when do you want to start?" Draco asked, oblivious to Blaise's bafflement.

Serena looked at him as if he was speaking in parseltongue "You actually think I'll believe you two? For all I know you might just be playing a trick on me. So no, I will not participate whatever it is you're trying to do." Serena was about to leave when she saw Tristan entering the Great Hall when the two made eye contact, he simply smiled at her and since she was caught off guard, she awkwardly waved back, gave the weirdest looking smile, and then sat back down. Placing her head on top of the table.

Suddenly the two observing Slytherins burst out in laughter and Serena looked at them with fury in her eyes, but seeing how red she was from embarrassment, the two didn't see her as intimidating.

"So he's the one you were going to confess to? The door matt?!" Draco continued to laugh.

"What do you mean the dor-"

"You know, what people step on before going inside houses" Blaise explained a matter-of-factly.

"What?! How dare you insult him like that!"

"Defending you're boyfriend Collins?" Draco teased and laughed once again as he saw Serena turn into a tomato once again.

"That's so typical though, We should've known!" Blaise wiped a tear as his laughter died down.

"What do you mean typical?" Serena asked.

"He's like the Gryffindor version of Cedric Diggory but the bad version!" Blaise said.

"What do you mean the bad version?" Serena crossed her arms.

"I don't know, it's like he's too much at everything. Too social, too much of a teacher's pet, too nice, even nicer than a Hufflepuff, even the way he moves is too much. It's like it's all an act or something. I don't know what you girls see in him."

"Well, that's because he's a great person, and he's a gentleman. Unlike you two who only see women as probable shagging partners. Tristan treats us women as proper ladies"

"Yes, you'd definitely know how he treats a woman seeing how close you two are," Draco said sarcastically. "But it looks like you really do need our help, Collins. You have a lot of competition"

Serena looked back to where Tristan was sitting, surrounded by his friends, mostly girls, but beside him a fellow Gryffindor, a beautiful blonde who was obviously flirting with him was the most noticeable one. She looked back at the two boys in front of her, both of them wiggling their eyebrows. "What's the worst that could happen" she whispered to herself. "Fine! Might as well find me some entertainment."

"That's our line" Draco whispered to Blaise then faced Serena again, "Alright Collins lesson number 1, the next time you and Mr. Perfect over there see each other how about smile and wave properly. You were so obviously awkward earlier Blaise and I were cringing."

"Was it that obvious?" Serena asked, lowering her head.

"Yes" both of them answered.

"Alright fine. I could do that. How about when I confess to him? How should I do that?"

"You don't have to. Because I assure you that by Christmas time, he will confess to you" Draco said confidently.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.3K 3.2K 34
[COMPLETED] She is a muggle. He is a Pure-Blood. She dreams about becoming an Olympic Figure Skater. He became a Death Eater because he had no choice...
71.1K 2.3K 49
(A Draco Malfoy x she/her Reader fanfiction) Your time as a Hufflepuff at Hogwarts and the Second Wizarding War is a few years behind you as you star...
416K 14.8K 200
❝𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐨...
2.6K 153 19
After the war, everyone returned to Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry to finish their final year at Hogwarts. Hermione Granger is now head...