The Alpha's Angel

Angie8177

When spirited Angel, Hannah is cast down from the heavens for her disobedience, she stumbles into the path of... Еще

Note to reader
Intro
Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Update
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Hey!!!
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 21

5.6K 311 16
Angie8177

"When we're you going to tell me?" His voice was low, angry.

She stood, hugging her arms tightly, holding herself, and watched him bound off the bed in all his naked glory towards her. Tears pricked her eyes. She had flinched the moment he grabbed her wrists and hauled her close to face him.

She stared blankly at his bare chest with dread creeping into her veins, trying to explain herself. Her mouth opened and closed, but nothing came out.

"Were, you even going to tell me?" he chucked her chin up roughly to look at him. She felt the heat of his body. His anger.
She trembled deeply as his penetrating gaze did not falter waiting for her to explain.

Her wings still exposed fluttered with  her fear. Her chest tightened with an agonizing pain. The tears that threatened to fall, traveled in heavy droplets as her gaze lifted to his.

He leaned closer to her. His lips drew back from his teeth in a growl. "Answer me," His Alpha voice hurled at her in the harshest way that it drew out a whimper. The force of it terrified her that she stepped away from him and her wings flapped involuntarily.

He stalked her until she stumbled back and on instinct he grabbed her and yanked her flush to him. His chest heaved with his labored breaths. Anger darkened his face as he struggled to say something more but just as fast he dropped his hands and stepped back.

He turned away from her and grabbed his pants off the floor. With that he left the room.

For a long moment Hannah couldn't move, she couldn't breathe. It wasn't until some time had passed that she dropped her face to her hands and fell to her knees in a torrent of tears.

*******

An Angel! You got to be fücking kidding me right now.
He paced, furiously in long strides in his office. How was she his mate? How? He searched in his head for the answers.
His voice was harsh as he bombarded her with questions. Her lips parted in silent helplessness. In truth, he wasn't up for a heated interrogation. Not when she looked at him the way she did. He clenched his teeth at the glittering sheen of tears in her eyes, before he left.

Her soft sobs were tearing his heart up. Now that they bonded and he claimed her, the onslaught of their emotions swamped them both in an overwhelming current. He cursed and roughly glided his hands through his hair. He could still taste her. Her tantalizing alluring scent clung to him and teased his senses that he had to leave the room. He needed a clear head to handle this.

Her tears were the last thing in the world he needed right now. His muscles tensed with the painful awareness of her cries even at such a distance. It had Koda begging him to go to their mate. But he refused.
I can't let her tears affect me. But they did.

Panic rushed through him. He couldn't deal with her now. Not as angry and conflicted as he was. He'd leave her alone for a while, let her settle down so they can talk.

Seconds turned into minutes as he sat at his desk clenching and unclenching his jaw as he tuned into her. Her feelings were in a disarray ranging from fright and panic to ...sadness and desperation. The urge to go to her and hold her in his arms was slowly getting to him the way Koda clawed up his insides to get free.

So lost in his conflicting thoughts, he didn't hear the slight tap at the door until Brody poked his head through it.

"Hey just letting you know we're back." he said.

Maddox nodded.

Brody frowned and slowly stepped in closing the door behind him. "What's wrong?"

Maddox remained silent as his lips thinned. Dragging a weary hand over his eyes, he leaned forward and pressed his elbows in his desk with a groan.

Brody stepped forward and sat in the leather chair before his desk; taking in the crumpled mess of his tossed hair and tense wave of anger rolling off of him.

"Did something happen to...Hannah," he faltered as Maddox pinned him with stern glare.

Sometime had passed before Maddox broke the silence with a scoff and lifted his tired eyes to him. "She is fine."

"In fact she is more than fine," his lips twisted into an uncertain expression.

"I don't understand. Why then are you upset? I can feel it Bro and it's nothing to brush off its affecting the pack," Brody slumped back in his chair and watched Maddox's jaw clench.

They stared at each other for sometime before Maddox blurted it out.
"She's an Angel."

Puzzled by Maddox's words, he leaned forward with a frown. "Of course she is man, she is sweet and beauti-," he stopped as he heard the growl rumbling from across the desk.

Raising his hands, Brody took the possessive hint.

"My mate, you moonstruck idiot, is an actual; in the flesh, wings toting ....Angel." he hissed with some weight to his tone along with a deadpan glare and watched Brody slowly pale.

"Your serious right? You're not on some hallucinating shít are you?"

"I would never joke about anything when it comes to something as serious as this, Brody. She's an actual Angel. And she is my mate."

Silence stretched through the room, as they sat there. He watched Brody shift and fidget in his chair with a now worried look. "What are you going to do?" Brody rumbled out.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean..you were adamant you did not want a mate...are you going to reject her? Because she isn't a she-wolf Mad, do you realize what this means. I mean I know what rejecting a mate does to a wolf .but....she is an Angel?" Brody nervously rambled on as Maddox gave a flustered irritated look.

"I'm aware of that, Brody," he hissed with displeasure before looking away from his cousins worried gaze.

They were sitting ducks literally.
By not having a strong Alpha female at his side to lead the pack, they can appear to be weak and that posses as a threat.
It was well known that a lone leader, no matter how strong he was; with no true mate or Luna was an easy target. Hungry wolves from other packs seeking more power and territory will want to challenge him.

But she was his mate. She-wolf or not. She was his fated mate. What happened after the bond, although rare was proof enough. It was a bond only mentioned in Pack Lore by the Elders. The bright blue glow was a sign that the moon goddess and the fates predetermined their union. But why an Angel? Why would the fates be so cruel to him? Without a mate in the past, he was vulnerable. They made him wait all this time to present him with a celestial being for a mate. She was fragile, sweet and too good for the life in a pack.

He responded to Brody then. "Reject her? I...don't know...,"the thought of it made him sick to his stomach. You can't do that. Don't you dare. Koda growled with rage at the idea.

He pinched the bridge of his nose; his mind was filled with mental exhaustion. "Brody the thought-," he trailed off and went silent.

Brody leaned forward then; following Maddox's moves as he stood slowly from his chair. He gasped as a sudden wave of her scent brushed his nose. Her emotions pummeled him and suddenly he could hear and feel the faintest whisper of her thoughts. Leave. Flee.

Just as quick as they came he felt her close by as she stormed passed his door and he was following her soon after. His lupine like vision caught the glimpse of her petite transparent form walk by quickly.

"Hannah?" he called her and trailed after her until she fled out the back door towards the open woods.

She plans to run from us! Stop her! Koda growled, desperately clawing to the surface.

She ran as quickly as fast as  her feet could carry her but the haze of tears flooding her vision made it difficult. She went transparent in an attempt to run. She needed to leave.

She needed to get as far from him as possible but the dull ache in her chest she quickly discarded moments ago, now grew, that she faltered as his voice shouted her name.
Suddenly, strong arms wrapped around her waist before she could spread her wings to fly away.

She gasped. He turned her to face him and involuntarily she shimmered to her full form in his arms. She pummeled his chest with a sob, upset with herself that she failed to use her cloak properly.

"Let me go," she frantically struggled in his restraining arms. Her small bare feet dangled from the floor as she kicked his shin and fought to get free.
"Stop it," he hissed.

"Put me down," she cried breathlessly.

Hardening his features, he shook his head.
"You're not going anywhere unless I say you are. Keep fighting me, Hannah, and you will see just how ruthless I can be."
Almost instantly the tainted scent of fear and desperation wafted from her pores.
And she struggled more until she went slack, and straight away his cruel grip eased, but he still held her pressed to him.

"Please. Let me leave," her voice was so soft, echoing with trembling sadnesss that Maddox felt his heart squeeze.

"I can't do that," his voice strained.

"Why? You do not want me," her voice cracked. His gaze held the pool of tears that traveled down her cheek and each one that fell, tore at his heart.

"I never said that," he shook his head in protest.

"You do not need to say it."

He said nothing.

"I...I don't belong here," she tried to pull away again.

"You do belong here. With me," brushing the pain aside that her tears were causing, he tightened his grip on her more.

"I must leave," she whispered shaking her head.

"No, you dont."

"Yes, I must," she pulled away.

"Why?" he growled in frustration.

She remained quiet, unable to explain.
"How did you expect me to react, Hannah?" his expression grew hard.

"When all along I've asked you who you were. You refused to tell me," he stepped closer.

"I couldn't," she cried.

"Why not?"

Again, she remained quiet.

"I said, why not?" he yelled.

"Because it was forbidden," she screamed out furiously. "And now I have revealed myself," She lowered her eyes for a moment, lost in her sadness.

She needed to leave. She needed to return to her realm.
But she was cast out.
The stark realization of what that meant left her feeling lonely. Empty.

She was not wanted. Neither above nor on this earthly plane.

Distraught with that realization she tightened her eyes as more tears fell and the clenching pain in her chest jolted her. He felt it and stepped forward.

She stumbled back outstretching her hand to ward him off.

"Don't ...f...follow me," the words barely could leave her lips.

The warning growl left his chest as he watched her step back ready to run.

Her wings slowly emerged from her back.

"Hannah. Don't you dare," In that moment, Maddox looked every bit the predator.

Before Maddox could discover what she was planning, a force exploded over his chest and throughout his whole body as a small ball of light shot from her hand and tossed him on his ass.

With a thud, he landed on his back.
Stunned, he sat up quickly with a growl, leaping from the ground, sending chunks of dirt flying with his abrupt movements, he stalked her as she took off in a run.

"Hannah NO!" he growled chasing her until he watched in awe as she took off soaring in the air. Maddox allowed his wolf free reign to chase and follow her, but it was hard. Koda let out a baleful howl as she flew away.

And she left.

********
Here we go Let me know what you think...

So I have decided it's time to meet the cast.

*********

Hannah

Maddox

Brody

Nikki

Dante

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

36.5K 734 55
Mariah is a trauma nurse her life isn't always perfect, three years ago her mother died when she graduated University her father abandoned her and he...
The Human Mate Amber McClain

Про оборотней

2.9M 74.5K 30
Rochelle has moved multiple times after her mother's passing due to her father's suffering of his loss. After finding a new job in the city of Black...
Her Flaming Majesty Kem-Bee

Про оборотней

70.1K 7.4K 38
Book One of The Kinetic Mate Series Fire is destructive, fire do nothing but consume all in it path. The fire raged, consuming all in sight, burni...
Believe In Me, My Mate

Любовные романы

147K 4.7K 34
She vowed never to accept him no matter what fate had in store. He was not supposed be her mate, he was her enemy. She thought that he would turn out...