The Best Mistake | A Draco Ma...

By sab_stories

After the events of the recent wizarding war, Serena Collins had one goal in mind coming back for her final y... More

01 - The Meeting
02 - The Deal
03 - The Origins
04 - The Escape
05 - The Patronus
06 - The Reason
07 - The Aftermath
08 - The Glare
09 - The Box
10 - The Burn Out
11 - The Advice
12 - The Glow
13 - The Chill
14 - The Moonlight
15 - The Reply
16 - The Visit
17 - The Past
18 - The Dinner
19 - The Prince of Slytherin
20 - The Platinum Trio
21 - The Letter
22 - The Confrontation
23 - The Common Room
24 - The Three Broomsticks
25 - The Ticket
26 - The Dilemma
27 - The Question
28 - The Valentine's Date
29 - The Miscommunication
30 - The Dinner Party
31 - The Field
32 - The Rumour
33 - The Truth
34 - The Plan
35 - The Dress
36 - The Broken
37 - The Talk
38 - The Time
39 - The Trial
40 - The Malfoy Manor
41 - The Family Meeting
42 - The Best Mistake
Acknowledgement

Prologue

5K 60 7
By sab_stories

Disclaimer: Of course all harry potter characters, setting, world, rights go to Ms JK Rowling herself. But Characters out of her books and this plot is mine.

Writing a story requires hard work, creativity, and patience. Please respect my work and do not Plagiarise and/or share to any other sites/platform without my consent and/or without my permission. If you see that my story is plagiarised or if it is shared at another website, I kindly ask you to inform me right away so I can take action.

Thank you for choosing to open and read this story.

----------------------------------------------

CAST

The Harry Potter characters will be their movie counterparts. Below are the cast for my original characters.

Kaya Scodelario as Serena Collins

Daisy Ridley as Daisy Lexington

Douglas Booth as Tristan Dormatt

---------------------------------------------------------

It's been a month since Serena Collins came back to Hogwarts for her final year, and this weekend the school decided to throw a celebration party for the anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts, the end of the war, and to celebrate the heroes who fought in it. The school is finally back to its original state so it was time to celebrate.

It was also the time for Serena to finally confess to her longtime crush, Tristan Dormatt from the Gryffindor house. She has admired the said boy ever since their 5th year and she was beyond grateful to see him come back for their 7th year, to her it was fate giving them a second chance.

She planned it all since a week ago. She found out that Tristan had a morning class every Tuesdays. So, on that morning, she would go to that classroom extra early and sneakily drop the letter on his table. Serena had already memorized his spot, "Row 5, Column 2, left seat" she repeated to herself until she finally reached the classroom.

She entered and was thankful to see no one has arrived yet so she quickly ran to his table, place the letter, and left. All she had to do now was pray he reads it and shows up.

Students filled the Arithmancy classroom slowly that morning. The boy still felt drowsy, he couldn't sleep again last night, and he hated this morning class with a passion. But as he approached his desk he noticed a white envelope with an emerald stamp, it was the stamp of Slytherin. His drowsiness left him and curiously picked up the letter. He checked to see if it was signed but it was blank. Even more baffled, he took out the letter...

-- For this time, I want to be brave like you. This weekend, the night of the Hogwarts Celebratory Ball, please meet me at the astronomy tower, at 9 pm. I will be waiting for you then. I hope to see you.--

He smiled, not knowing if this is a prank or if it's real but he sure did want to find out.

As the boy was smiling he didn't notice how someone behind him had been looking, wondering why an infamous wizard like him would be smiling at some letter.

-------------------------------------------

It was finally the day of the ball and Serena felt more nervous than excited, for tonight would be the night she would finally confess. If that is, Tristan chooses to show. She would feel dreadful if he didn't, but knowing him, she knew he would.

She wore a long red dress that fitted her body nicely and tied her hair in a sleek ponytail, she was ready for the night, and tonight. She felt good and confident, she wanted to look her best when she confessed after all.

She arrived at the ball to see the Great Hall transformed into an even more magical place. Floating chandeliers replaced the candles, along with a beautiful starry night sky, there were some people gracefully dancing at the centre, and the tables were placed to the side filled with fancy food.

Someone suddenly hugs her from behind and as she turned around, she saw her dear friend.

"Daisy! I'm so glad you're here!" Serena hugged back.

"Duh! Why wouldn't I be? The whole wizarding community is here"

"I don't think they're all here though. I doubt we'd all fit in here"

"Okay, most of them, those who fought in the war, and students of Hogwarts. Gosh, I kind of miss it now that I'm here." Daisy said as she was admiring the Great Hall.

"I told you to come back with me! Now I'm here all alone in my final year, it's sad really."

"I'm sorry Serena but I don't think I can handle another year of school and exams! You know me, stress and studying were never my forte"

"That, or you just couldn't wait to work and be with George in his shop. How is he by the way?"

"He's... Well to be honest, not good but he's doing better. He puts on a smile for his family and for me but I could see how he's still hurting over Fred, I mean we all are, but I couldn't imagine living on without your literal other half."

"You're right. I guess it is better you stay with him, he really needs you now more than ever. Is he here now?

"Yeah. He didn't want to go at first but Molly and I forced him, I'm sure he didn't want to miss it when we honour the fallen heroes later on."

"Right you are." Both went silent as they remembered those who have risked their lives but Serena remembered how this is a time of celebration, for their courage, for the lives they lived, and examples they have set. So she grabbed Daisy's hand and led them both to where the food is to lighten their moods.

Serena saw a lot of famous wizards and witches present. From her former professors which included her favourite, Remus Lupin along with his wife and child, the controversial innocent-prisoner Sirius Black, who she heard from Daisy, formally and legally adopted Harry Potter once his sentence was lifted and was deemed innocent, And speaking of Harry, he was there too with Ron and Hermoine of course, along with other of their friends. The ball was a joyful and eventful night and Serena felt happy as she could truly feel that the war was finally over.

After eating, dancing, and eating some more Serena noticed how it was already 8:45pm. She was starting to get nervous and she felt herself getting warmer.

"Are you alright?" Daisy asked upon noticing her friend's sudden change of actions

"Uh yeah, why?"

"Well you can't sit still and you're chewing your bottom lip. Signs of nervousness."

Serena let out a breath, knowing all too well that there is no use hiding this from her best friend. "All right. I'm planning on confessing to Tristan tonight."

Daisy spits out her drink, thankfully Serena dodged it in time. "That's incredibly gross Daisy"

"Oh please, you should see what George does when..... Wait, nevermind that! Are you really?! Why though? I mean it's not a bad thing but why now?"

"Well, after the war I realised how life can be short and unexpecting, you'll never know what happens. So I told myself if we both survive this I'll tell him how I feel, I don't want to die with regret or live life with regret just because I was afraid."

"You sound like a Gryffindor right now you know?"

Serena shrugged, "Well he did inspire me."

"Are you ready though? Whatever his answer might be?"

"I-- I never really thought about what his answer would be" Serena admitted, slowly thinking about what her friend had said.

"What do you mean you haven't thought about his answer?! You are confessing, aren't you?! How could you not think about his answer?!"

"Daisy, hush! Don't let the whole wizarding world know!"

"As you said, not the whole wizarding world is present tonight."

"Not the point!" Serena said slamming her palm into the table a bit too hard.

"Woah what is going on here?" The girls look up to see George taking a seat beside Daisy and placing his arm around her shoulder.

"Serena's having a meltdown" Daisy whispered to George

"Daisy! My nerves are already a tangled wreck and you're not helping"

"I'm sorry. But c'mon how could you not expect a reply from him?"

"Reply to what?" George asked, looking back and forth between the girls.

"Serena's planning on confessing tonight but didn't think about whether or not she'll get rejected"

"Wow Daisy, thank you for sharing that to Weasley, why not just go up the stage and announce it to everyone! Heck, I might just do it here in front of you lot!"

"Okay, your Slytherin side is coming back now." Daisy reached out to her friend calming her down, knowing how she didn't want to see her friend get angry. She saw that side of her once and she did not want to see it again. "Back to the real topic, shall we?"

Serena took a deep breath. "Okay. To be honest I wasn't thinking of what his answer would be. I was too focused on what I would say to him or if he would show up that I didn't even think about what happens next. I mean, of course, it would make me happy if he likes me back but if he doesn't.... Well, I can't do anything about that. As long as I told him how I felt there would be no regrets."

"Awwww, my baby girl is grown up," Daisy said smiling while pretending to wipe a tear away.

"What time are you meeting up with him?" George asked.

"9"

"Well, that's 5 minutes away. Shouldn't you get going? You wouldn't want to be late now would you?"

Serena's eye widened, she quickly jumped to her feet and took off to the astronomy tower and just shouted her goodbyes towards the couple.

"If it doesn't work out stop by our shop! We sell love potions!" George screamed after her not knowing if she heard him or not.

"George!" Daisy whacked his arm. But instead of a reply he simply leaned in closer and kissed her nose. "Let's go home, shall we? I think I've used up all my happy pill"

Daisy took his face between her hands seeing the shift of emotions in his eyes. Seeing how exhausting it must be to pretend. "Oh George, I love you. Let's go home." She took his hand and both of them left.

A/N: Yes, I did change a bit from the original plot of hp. I personally think Sirius, Remus and Tonks were unnecessary deaths so, in this story, they get to be happy with their family. I also love Fred but his death is needed for this story :(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 1.6K 37
WARNING: SEXUAL SCENES, STRONG LANGUAGE ! If you're too young please don't read this -=- Disclaimer: I don't own the original Harry Potter characters...
80.9K 1.6K 44
{Completed and Editing} You're a muggle-born who had gone to Hogwarts. It was your 4th year there, and you are in the Hufflepuff house & golden trio(...
28K 529 61
Haley Snape finally gets to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry although against her so called "fathers" wishes. But the two will do an...
416K 14.8K 200
โ๐ˆ ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐›๐ž ๐š ๐๐š๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ˆ ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐ค๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ฐ๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž๐ฅ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐จ...