Wishes

By MakeMeLaughx

Juliette Ericson has seen, and experienced, a terrible thing. The memories of what happened still haunt her... More

Wishes

56 4 8
By MakeMeLaughx

     Juliette Ericson stared at the very handsome young man who had his hands deep in his pockets. He was staring at the ground, unaware that Juliette was watching him. Studying him. She noted the way that he hopped from foot to foot nervously. She wondered why. Why was he nervous?

     A car rounded the corner loudly which made the young man look up. As he did so, he noticed her watching him. It was Juliette's turn to face the ground now. She had been caught looking at him. She felt oddly exposed in the sunlight. She wrapped her arms around herself, trying to cover up.

     Muffled voices came from down the street. Juliette glanced up and saw the young man had disappeared. She frowned. She hadn't heard him walking away. As the voices got louder, she surprisingly found one very familiar. 

     "Hey Julie!" He shouted. He was a few feet away from her. She couldn't pretend she didn't hear him, he was standing right there.

     "Oh hey," she mumbled, looking up and staring into his wonderful, but spooky, blue eyes. His eyes have haunted her dreams ever since that night. Goose bumps formed on her arms as she thought about it. 

     "How've you been?" He asked, cracking a grin. Juliette rolled her eyes and stepped away from him. She knew what he was doing. And unluckily for him, it wasn't working. Not this time. Not again.

     "Go away, Trent," she said sternly. She needed to sound demanding, like she was in control. If she showed any sign of weakness or fear, he'd pounce. He's like a lion hunting its prey. Just waiting for the right moment before jumping out from the tall grass and attacking. 

     Trent sighed. "Fine, but you still owe me," he snapped. The mood had changed. Instead of him trying to seduce her once more, he was frightening her. He was trying to make her remember that night when everything had gone so horribly wrong.

     Juliette closed her eyes. She knew he was winning. "Go," she said finally, and opened her eyes. "Just get out of here Trent," 

     Surprisingly, he did what she said. He turned to face his group of friends, which, surprisingly, hadn't said a word. "Let's go boys," he declared. The group turned around and followed their leader. Juliette watched them until they disappeared around the corner.

     "Who was that?" 

     Juliette spun around. She was staring into the most gorgeous eyes ever. They were dark green, with, surprisingly, a shade of violet. The eyes belonged to the young man from across the street. He was standing there, his hands in his pockets once more. She gasped for breath. "You scared me," she stated.

     The young man chuckled. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to," he apoligised. "But I think that guy is a little," he paused. "Strange,"

     Juliette laughed. "He is," she agreed. Then she snapped her mouth shut. "I mean, he's an alright guy and everything," 

     The stranger laughed. "Is he an ex?" Juliette didn't know the answer. Were they dating? Was going to that place on that night a date? Surely not, seeing as everything was terrible. The way things changed so quickly...

     "No," she said finally. "No we're just friends," she held out her hand. "I'm Juliette," she smiled. The stranger took his hand out of his pocket and shook her hand. 

     "Spencer," his hand was nice and warm against hers. Maybe it was from his hands being in his pockets, or perhaps his hands were always this warm. Juliette wanted to find out. 

     There was an awkward silence in the air. Spencer had moved his hands back to his pockets and Juliette felt oddly cold. She wanted to feel his warmth. 

     Spencer cleared his throat. "Well, it was nice meeting you," he said and half turned around. He paused and then turned back to face Juliette. "May I have your number?"

     Juliette bit her lip to stop herself from grinning like a madwoman. She nodded and scribbled her number down on a piece of paper she had found in her handbag. "Here you go," she said and handed over the piece of paper. 

     Spencer grinned and pecked her on the cheek. "I'll give you a call." And then he turned around and walked away. 

     Juliette stood rooted the the spot. He kissed me, she thought to herself. He kissed me! She jumped up and down, squealing like a pig. She was so excited, she forgot to wait until Spencer had rounded the corner. He turned around and raised his eyebrows at her. He chuckled and shook his head before continuing to leave. 

     Juliette waited this time, until he had rounded the corner before running across the street. She took the short cut down through the alley until she reached the back of Karmen's apartment building. She pulled on the ladder which glided down to the ground with a loud clunk.

     She began to climb up the ladder. When she had climbed up three sets of ladders and stairs, she knocked on the window she knew to be Karmen's. She didn't care that the blinds were closed and that it seemed dark inside the apartment - Karmen needed to know about what just happened!

     "If that's you Juliette, I'm going to kill you for waking me up," came Karmen's sleepy voice from the other side of the window. Juliette laughed quietly. She glanced at the watch on her left arm. 12:47PM. Trust Karmen to be in bed still.

     Fingers creeped under the blinds and crasped the window. Juliette noticed that Karmen had just got her nails done again. They were gold with sparkles. The window slid open and the fingers diappeared. 

     Juliette climbed in through the window and landed with a soft thud on the carpet. Karmen turned on a light and squinted against it. "What's up?" She asked and plonked herself onto the very old and worn out sofa.

     "I met a guy," Juliette said, grinning. "And he asked for my number!" She squealed and did a weird dance that oddly resembled jogging on the spot. Karmed raised a well defined eyebrow. 

     "That's all? You had to wake me up at this time in the day, just to tell me that?" She shook her head. "Disgraceful," Karmed yawned and then grinned. "That's amazing!" 

     Together they did the weird dance. "I can't believe it! Give me the details of what he looks like, now!" Karmen demanded and pulled Juliette onto the couch beside her. Juliette thought of Spencer and how amazingly handsome he was.

     "Well, he has a habit of shoving his hands in his pockets. His eyes are the weirdest colours! Deep green, like moss, with a shade of violet. His hair, jet-black with the smallest wave in it," she sighed and closed her eyes. "He's the definition of perfection,"

     "What's his name?" Karmen asked eagerly. "If things don't work out between you two, I dibs him next," she winked. 

     "His name is Spencer. And why, Karmen, do you always get my ex's?" Juliette asked, raising an eyebrow. 

     Juliette had no problem with Karmen dating her ex's. In fact, she liked it. They got to experience Juliette, and, when they figured out that she wasn't the one, they moved onto Karmen. It tested their loyalty in a way. 

     "Oo, Spencer. Sexy name for a sexy man," she purred. 

     Karmen was the player. In a female version. Her looks were envied by almost every girl in their year. She had chocolate brown hair that was wavy and fell to about her mid-back. Her eyes were round, large and brown. She was pale, but it suited her perfectly. 

     "Juliette, oh Juliette, please let me have second dibs on Spencer, Juliette, oh Juliette," Karmed cried, and closed her eyes dramatically. 

     Juliette rolled her eyes and playfull smacked Karmen's shoulder. "Fine," she giggled. "But we may work out," she winked. Karmen's eyes snapped open and she attacked Juliette. 

     "Oh thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She yelled. Juliette laughed and shoved Karmen off of her. "Sorry," Karmen apologised. 

     Juliette got off the sofe and stretched. "That sofa is bad for my back. How can you sleep on that thing?" She asked a grinning Karmen. Karmen shrugged. "Oh well," Juliette shrugged. "I better get going, I have work soon,"

     Karmen nodded and gave Juliette a final hug. "I'll see you at school tomorrow." She kissed her cheek and lead Juliette out of the apartment. 

     "Bye!" Juliette shouted as Karmen closed the door behind her. Juliette grinned as she walked towards the elevator. Spencer asked for her phone number! She couldn't wait to get home and watch her phone. Maybe if she stared at it long enough, it'll ring?

___________________________

Author's Message: First chapter: DONE! 

So.. do you like it? And what do you think of Karmen? A bit, out there? :3 This chapter took a while to write.. I had to rewrite bits of it and delete some of it and .. ugh! But I guess the end product is what I get judged on.

Please leave me a comment about this chapter. Was it good, bad, terrible, amazing? And if there were any errors that I missed, please point them out. :) 

VOMMENT (vote and comment).

-Teiah x. 

Continue Reading