By Her Side

By Akane1013

~ Girl x Girl ~ • ~ Teacher x Student ~ "You know... as a kid. I always thought when falling in love with s... More

Chapter 1: First Day of a Last Year
Chapter 2: My Choice
Chapter 3: Getting To Know Her
Chapter 4: Drawing Attention
Chapter 5: A Rough Week
Chapter 7: Love And Betrayal
Chapter 8: Sketching Solutions
Chapter 9: What Are We?
Chapter 10: Getting To Know You
Chapter 11: A Perfect Saturday
Chapter 12: Overcoming Your Words
Chapter 13: Final Preparation
Chapter 14: Rumor Has It
Chapter 15: Roses For You
Chapter 16: Loving Me
Chapter 17: Beyond The Railing
Chapter 18: New Year, New Start
Chapter 19: Back To School
Chapter 20: Nathan
Chapter 21: Pain of Crutching
Chapter 22: Oh... The Stress
Chapter 23: A Second Chance
Chapter 24: Surprising You
Chapter 25: Assisting Coaches
Chapter 26: Civilized People
Chapter 27: School Related Activities
Chapter 28: More Than Friends?
Chapter 29: May I Have This Dance?
Chapter 30: A Locket Of Love
Chapter 31: No Such Thing As Relief
Chapter 32: Wrong Choices
Chapter 33: Stop With The Questions
Chapter 34: Neutral Expression
Chapter 35: Drowning In Sorrow
Chapter 36: The Wrong Interpretation
Chapter 37: Awareness Isn't Alone
Chapter 38: Plots and Explanations
Chapter 39: She's My English Teacher
Chapter 40: In Her Arms Again
Chapter 41: A Graduate's Happiness
Chapter 42: Forever and Always
Chapter 43: Romantic Getaway
Chapter 44: Days To Remember
Bonus Chapter: The Joy Of Being Together

Chapter 6: Is This Love?

14.1K 470 455
By Akane1013

~ Claire's POV ~

I arrived back at my place around 6:00pm. I wanted to drop off all my work stuff and then head over free handed and not having to think about grading papers or next week's lesson plans. I noticed Tracy's car in the driveway. I took out all my stuff and unlocked the front door.

"Hey Trace, I'm home." I said as I walked through the threshold of the door.

"In the kitchen." She said and I walked in, "How was work?" She asked.

"Tiring I've had a rough week, just with grading and students. Not an uncommon thing." I stated.

She nodded and took my thermos out of my hand. Taking it to the sink as I just placed my stuff in the corner by the television. I looked down at my clothing, and decided to stay dressed like this.

"It's Friday, and Juliette texted me this morning during lunch hour and asked if I could come over, nothing special, just want to spend some time with each other since she's been working quite a bit this week."

"Okay, go spend time with her, I won't hold you back." She said.

I rolled my eyes, "I will, I just wanted to drop all my school stuff off before going." I said.

"At least you two are doing good." Tracy said.

I just nodded and walked to the door. I waved to her as I walked out and into my car, driving down to her place. I arrived and walked to her front door and rang the bell, she smiled as she opened, inviting me in, pecking my lips.

I walked in and placed my coat on the rack. She wrapped her arms behind me and kissed my shoulder, "How was your day baby?"

"Long and tiring." I sighed.

"Awe, at least it's the weekend, you get to relax." She said and kissed my neck, and all I did was nod.

Then she led me to the kitchen where she had prepared dinner. I smiled at her as the table looked nicely set up for two.

She lit the candles and I was about to open my mouth to say something, but I felt her finger lightly on my lip. She slipped her hand around my waist as mine ran up her chest to her shoulders. "Now... I know you've had a tiring week ever since Monday. So, I decided to text you this morning to invite you over here, I wanted to do something small and sweet for your rough week. And I know I have been busy most of the week, so I've been leaving earlier than normal. I wanted to make it up to you."

A small smile grew across my lips, sometimes she can be such a pain in the ass and other times, she can be as sweet as candy. "Okay," I said and kissed her lips. Then we sat and ate.

After an amazing dinner, we sat on the couch and watched FRIENDS for the rest of the time. In the living room. I was laying down with my head on her lap, one hand was running through my hair. I could say this evening started out great... I've heard a couple of alerts from her phone, I decided not to ask and continued to pay attention to the TV. I didnt know how long weve been on the couch, but I've noticed she hadn't even looked at the TV for at least ten minutes at all. I shut my eyes for a while and when I opened them the TV was off. I looked around and Juliette was standing by the light switch.

"Hey." I said, "Did you just turn off the TV?" I questioned.

"Yeah, sorry, I though you had fallen asleep I didn't want to wake you. I was feeling tired." She said and then looked at me after checking something from her phone.

"Yeah, me too. I should probably head home, it's getting late." I said and stood up. I took my jacket and she slowly came over and wrapped her arms behind me, slipping the coat out of my hand and placed it back on the rack.

"Stay the night? And come to bed with me?" She asked with a smile. I was about to protest, till she started to kiss my shoulder and neck, "Please?"

I just nodded and she led me up to her bedroom. Handing me a pair of clean shorts and a t-shirt. I took it and went to change. After the changing and brushing, I walked out of her restroom to see she was already in bed. And yet again, on her phone. When I climbed in she turned her notification sound off and turned her phone off, rather too quickly, placing it on the nightstand.

"Who was that?" I asked, mainly testing the waters of her answer.

"No one, just social media." She said. Then finally giving me her actual attention. "Lay on your stomach." She said.

I just raised an eyebrow at her but didnt say anything. After I did. She straddled my waist and ran her hands up my back. Rubbing my back and arms. She began placing kisses up my back and on my neck, then to my cheek, as I looked over, she had captured my lips. Making it a tender kiss. She raised her body off of mine as I turned to be laying on my back again, before she lightly lowered herself on top of me. I could feel her holding back the urges to grip the t-shirt I had on and pull my closer to where her lips are mainly devouring mine. I just went with it, not pulling back. Her hands were running up my waist and I could feel her temptation to not run her hands under the shirt and feel the bare skin underneath. Feeling the light grind of her body on top of mine, shes really trying to restrain the temptation of sex. Her lips still moved with mine and I felt her lightly bite my bottom lip, pulling a bit before releasing. Honestly, we've been together for about two weeks and the desire is like eating her alive. I really didn't mind if she's been wanting to for a while, though in my cases Id at least wait to the point when we at least hit a month. I'd like to take the time to know her better... Her hands were gripping my waist still and my hands ran up her body, they ran up past her breast, and a light moan escaped her lips. She began to kiss my lips harder, moving to my neck and I squirmed under her body. She suddenly stopped and buried her face in my neck.

"I'm sorry... I shouldnt have taken that much control." She said. Then got off of me and laid next to me staring at the ceiling. She then turned off the lights. She then looked over at me, opening her arms. "Come here." She said and I slowly moved closer to her, her hands went on my face, lightly and kissed my lips. After that she stayed arm open so my head would lay on her chest. Her arms wrapped around mine. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I said and she kissed the top of my head before we both somehow drifted off into bed.

<><><><><>

I woke up to an empty bed, taking a squinting glance at the clock on the bedside table, it read 9:10am. A light yawn left my lips and I rolled around, opening my eyes, almost freaking out about where I am, I heard the slight creek of the bedroom door opening. I see Juliette walking in the room with cups of coffee in her hand.

"Morning babe, here's a little wake-up drink." She said and handed one to me.

"Thank you." I said as I sat up, leaning against the headboard, taking the offering cup. She smiled, bending down a little to kiss my lips and sat next to me.

"So, I was thinking. After we get out of this bed, we can head out to breakfast, spend the day shopping. Then have some lunch and then head back here." She suggested.

"Okay, sounds like a plan." I said.

Sitting here for another ten minutes until we both had finished our cup of coffee, she gladly took the cup from me and I got up to head into the restroom, changing into last night's clothes and washing off the sleepiness in my eyes. I walked out of the restroom and she was sitting on the bed, already changed into a pair of ripped-styled blue jeans with a blue and purple flannel. I noticed she was looking at her phone again. She heard me walk closer to her and she looked up, smiling, placing her phone back into her pocket.

"Ready to go?" She asked me and I nodded. We both walked to the front door, she took her keys as I wore my heels and jacket.

Getting in her car, she drove us to a café and sat down at one of the tables out in the back, feeling the nice sunny weather. A blonde waitress walked out and smiled, handing us a menu and said to take our time. She ended up ordering an espresso with a pastry, as for me who ordered tea and a French toast. She offered to pay when the check was left, I was about to protest in payment but she had handed the waitress her credit card, then turned her head to smile at me.

Leaving the café, we crossed the street and got back into her car as our next destination was towards the mall. Linking fingers as we walked into the big area, and decided to wander around. Walking into big shops full of warm clothes, to other areas full of sport clothing, looking at shoes, from tennis shoes to boots and heels. Wandering an area full of jewelry, diamond rings, necklaces, bracelets and earrings. Then to another that filled with different dresses, others with lingerie and undergarments, and an area full of perfume and make-up. So many were on sale, since it is Saturday. Heading to majority we finally found an area out in the mall itself to sit down. I had bought a new pair of running shoes, and also a nice maroon dress, while Juliette over here as three bags of heels and boots, then a few other bags with dresses and jackets. Here I am with two bags, while she tripled the amount I have. Helping her carry a couple as we decided to actually be done with shopping for the day, heading to the food court and grabbed some sandwiches for lunch. Then went back to the car, driving back to her place.

We got back at 1:00pm. Going to her trunk and getting all the bags, she opened the door for me, "Thank you." I said. "Where would you like me to set these?" I asked her.

"Just in my room would be fine." She said and we both went up to her room and I placed them on the corner by her dresser as she placed her purse and things on the bed.

We both walked back down and to the living room and I sat on the couch. She disappeared to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water, I thanked her as I opened it and took a sip. She sat next to me and patted her lap, as I placing my bottle on the counter and laid down across the couch with my head on her lap.

Her hand stroke my hair, running through my blonde curls and she smiled at me, "I had fun today." She said.

"Me too." I replied and she leaned down, to take my lips with hers.

Not knowing how long our lips have been playing around, her cellphone instantly rang, launching both of us apart.

She groaned and took it out of her pocket, hesitantly before looking over at me, "Sorry, it's work." She said, "Excuse me." She said and I nodded. She walked into the kitchen for a second as I stayed in the living room, looking around at her place, as I took a sip of water. Then she walked back out a couple minutes later, "Sorry babe, they're calling me in again. There's this little puppy who had injured his paw and needed care." She said.

"Well, then I won't keep you here any longer." I said and stood up.

Taking my purse from the recliner and she then pushed me to the wall by the coat rack, to deepen the kiss that we had been interrupted for. Melting into her embrace, my hands were on her waist, moving up her sides and wrapped around her back. Pulling away breathless, I still could feel her tension of desire and wanting nothing more than to rip my clothes off of me, take me into her bedroom. But at least shes restraining herself to do so, in the respect that I wasnt ready. Anyway, she gave me one last peck as I walked out of her place and down the driveway, to my car that is parked by the curb. My phone buzzed as I got a text from Tracy, then a man bumped into me, as my purse fell to the ground.

"I'm so sorry sir," I said as I looked up at him.

"No worries, are you okay?" He asked politely.

"Yes, I'm fine, thank you." I said as he picked up my purse and handed it to me. I was lucky neither my phone or any of the contents in my purse had fallen out. He nodded and continued to jog as I got into my car, turning on the engine and began to drive.

Not long I was at a red light and a flash came through my mind, and forgot that I actually bought stuff with Juliette at the mall, leaving them by the dresser in her bedroom. I continued to drive and turned into a showing area, then making a turn to head in the direction I already passed to go back to her place. At another red light, I took out my phone and quickly texted her, letting her know I had left the bags at her place. Then placed my phone back into the cupholder and parked at the curb like I did fifteen minutes ago. I checked my phone again after turning off the engine, and saw that she hadnt replied. Exiting the car, I rang the bell to her house. Her car is still parked in the driveway, so she hasnt left yet. Probably upstairs changing in her room. Knocking the door, but found it hatched open, slightly. Not knowing if it was safe to head inside, she probably did close it but the wind blew it open.

Coming into the house, "Juliette?" I said and no response, I decided to call her and her phone rang, though it was heard in the kitchen. No response either. I sighed and walked up the stairs slowly, "Juliette?" I asked again and got silence. As I got closer to her bedroom, the door was wide open and I can hear movement. I lightly knocked on the door as I slowly made my way in.

And to my surprise, only one words... wait, let me rephrase that, only one moan, have given me notice, "Bobby..."

I sighed as I stood at the doorway, my hand went up to the wooden door and knocked once more, and I wasn't surprised to see a reaction as the couple stopped and shot their heads up to see me standing here at the door. And to my sight, Juliette's eyes were as wide as ever.

Honestly... I don't know what to say. There, in front of me. My girlfriend, with a guy, who I noticed was the man I accidently bumped into earlier. It's funny right? I was just kissing her about half an hour ago, then I come back to pick up two bags that I had accidently left here, all I see right now is both my girlfriend and the man, named Bobby, on the bed, in a position where she is mostly visibly exposed. He was on the bottom and she was riding him on top, her back towards him. I stayed silent and their reactions still remained on their face, and realization hit them as she got off of him and they scrambled to get dressed.

Still not knowing what to say, my eyes were mainly glaring at my so called 'girlfriend' right now. My voice is going hoarse, as I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing would come out.

"I can explain." She said before I could get a single word out. "Babe, I—" She started again.

"Don't call me that, and don't play the 'I can explain' crap with me either, because what I just saw two minutes ago, can explain everything just the way it is." I said. I walked in further and grabbed my bags, "It's quite funny when I came back to pick these up and I get this pleasant sight instead." I said and walked out the room.

"Baby... I'm sorry."

"You know, sorry doesn't get you anywhere in life." I said as I reached the bottom step. "You've been cheating on me? Or was this the first time?" I asked as she caught up to me. I crossed my arms in anger.

"We... I, this was the first time... baby I swear. I know I'm stupid for doing this to you but you have to forgive me." She said.

"Oh, I have to forgive, do I?" I narrowed my eyes at her. "How long has this thing been going on?" She hesitated after I asked her the question. I noticed Bobby walking down the steps, he was standing right behind her. I looked over at him, "how long?"

"It just started yesterday." Juliette said, "Baby..." She said as she got closer to me and her hands touched my cheeks.

I swatted them away, "Don't you dare touch me." I mainly glared her, and then Bobby.

He looked down and shook his head, "A week." He replied.

"One fuckin' week? Behind my back for one fuckin' week?!" I said, running my hand through my hair, "You know what?! Don't call me, don't... don't come after me, just leave me be, take me out of your life. I don't want to be there anymore." I said and reached the front door with my bags.

She ran after me, "Claire... please, listen to me, this was a mistake..."

"Ooh... a mistake... Apparently a week with this guy is a mistake! What did you think this was? A hook up? What was our relationship to you? Was it not real enough for you? Was it a way to get me to fuck you in bed? A fling? After two weeks, I thought this would actually be something. You had a temptation last week after our movie date, and you respected the wait of me wanting to withhold sex at least for another week or so. I basically thought you cared enough to respect my decision. But no, as you're off fucking another guy," I took a breath and yanked my arm away from hers. "We're done, we're through... and don't try to come after me. There were so many red flags that I found these past two days and I shook it off because I cared about you... But I guess you don't feel the same way." I said before quickly swinging the door open and walked out of the house, I opened the trunk to place my bags in, slamming to door, got in the driver's seat and sped off onto the road. As tears started to fill my eyes... Knowing that all this was too good to be true.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 47 10
This story is about how a young girl survived her abusive father through learning. When she was a little girl her family was very poor, and the death...
336K 11.1K 53
My whole life is 'have to.' I have to work full-time to pay the bills and keep food on the table. I have to finish college for a chance at a bette...
298K 8.8K 53
COMPLETED **be aware i wrote this when i was much much younger, if you want to read a better written story then please check out my current book "ch...
507K 14.1K 39
"Well, Ms. Ashley, nothing is wrong with you. You're as healthy as ever" I sighed with relief. "So, what happened then?" I asked the doctor. "When...