Never Say Die [Walking Dead F...

By xlaurynwritesx

"It's the apocalypse, what else was I supposed to do?" Lyla Rose Brooks was a normal girl before everything h... More

~<Part One>~
Chapter 1: Right Now
Chapter 2: Don't See Us
Chapter 3: They're Coming
Chapter 4: They Were Taken
Chapter 5: I'm Not a Drug Addict
Chapter 6: What an Asshole
Chapter 7: Okay, Sheriff
Chapter 8: How Annoying
Chapter 10: Everyone Sucked
Chapter 11: It Wouldn't Last
~<Part Two>~
Chapter 12: Been Better
Chapter 13: High
Chapter 14: Not My Dad
Chapter 15: Black
Chapter 16: This Meant War
Chapter 17: Dreams Sucked
Chapter 18: Close Enough
Chapter 19: Some Fucking Cookies
Chapter 20: 1
~<Part Three>~
Chapter 21: Away
Chapter 22: A Baby
Chapter 23: Made Me Happy
Chapter 24: Should Have Fucking Said Something
Chapter 25: Life Sucked
Chapter 26: Like That
Chapter 27: Don't Mess Up
Chapter 28: Pretty Badass
Chapter 29: Real Life
Chapter 30: We'll Figure It Out
Chapter 31: Lasts Forever
Chapter 32: A Lot of Punching, A Lot of Blood
Chapter 33: A Killer
Chapter 34: Don't Need a House Fire
~<Part Four>~
Chapter 35: A Cheesy Sitcom
Chapter 36: Bonus Points
Chapter 37: Traffic of Nightmares
Chapter 38: Better Alive
Chapter 39: Couldn't Do Anything
Chapter 40: All A Lie
Chapter 41: Good and Brave and Strong
Chapter 42: Never Say Die

Chapter 9: Shit

75 2 1
By xlaurynwritesx

We got to a dusty restaurant. We all cleaned a section of the door to see a whole bunch of dead ones on the floor. Carl tried to open the door and Michonne stopped him. Carl started to walk away. "Do you really think I'd let you in there?"

"I just think it's none of your business. You don't know me. You don't know my dad. You don't even-" He said before being interrupted.

"I came out here to help." Michonne answered.

"You came out here for common interest." He answered looking at her frustrated. "We have the same enemy and the same problem and that's why you're here. That's it. This is important. I'm going to do this. And I know how I can. You can't stop me." He looked to Michonne then me.

"Fine. Then tell me what you are looking for." I said looking at him. He tried to walk around me. "Tell me what you're looking for." I repeated with more sternness in my voice. "You might be able to keep us from stopping you but who says we won't help."

"It's a picture. It's hung up by the bar." He said looking to me.

I nodded. "Then we'll go get that picture together." I replied as he sighed lightly.

"I'll go get some of those rats to distract the munchers inside. Wanna help?" I asked looking at him. He nodded once and we headed to the speared area.

"Munchers?" He asked looking to me.

"It's what they do. Their main goal is to eat." I replied looking to him.

"But it should be walkers. The main thing they do is walk." He replied as we got some of the rats and skateboards.

"Maybe." I shrugged. "But we walk too." I replied.

He shook his head. "Touché." He said as he started walking. "But we eat too." He replied from in front of me. I chuckled lightly for a split second and then kept walking there. Michonne opened the door and we pushed the rats in as they started making more noise.

The munchers went for the rats and we were able to get around them. We ran to the bar and Carl quietly stood on top to get the picture. A muncher grabbed his leg and I quickly stabbed its head. Michonne looked at me with a finger over her lips as I slowly and quietly pulled the knife out.

Carl got down and we headed for the door when we saw a rat walk towards us.

Shit.

Just then a bunch of the walkers came for us. We ran towards the back and saw another few. Carl shot one and Michonne got the other. We went around the other way and back to the door. We got out and Carl dropped the picture but we had to close the door or else they'd get out.

"I dropped it." He breathed looking at us.

"Where?" Michonne asked but he disregarded the question.

"We have to get it. I have to get it. It's the only one left!" He said loudly. Michonne looked at him. It'd be hard to get it with all the munchers in the way. "Fine." He said trying to push past her.

"Not like this. I don't know you. I get that. Lyla Rose gets that. But you two both need to wait here." Michonne said looking to him solely.

"I can help." Carl said looking at Michonne.

"No. And no more bullshit. You wait here. That's how we get it done." She demanded sternly. Carl took her place at the door and she ran around the back.

"I know you say she came for "common interest,"" I said putting finger quotes up. ", but she came to help too. So did I. If it was just common interest we wouldn't have offered to be helping right now. Especially Michonne." I said looking to him as he just looked at the floor.

She came back around with the picture. "Hey." She said as she handed it to him and he smiled.

"I just- I wanted Judith to know what her mom looked like." Carl said as he smiled at the picture. "Thank you."

"I was gonna go back in anyway. I just couldn't leave this behind." She said pulling out a colorful weird looking cat sculpture. "It's just too damn gorgeous." She answered. I looked to Carl and we both looked at it kind of disgusted by it.

"Now it's time to pick out some baby stuff." I smiled looking to them. We walked to the baby store and there weren't any munchers inside, thankfully. 

"I'll look in the back for some extra supplies." Michonne said walking back. There was an area for clothes and feeding and cribs as well.

"This ones nice." I said looking to Carl.

"Yeah." He replied. It was beige with pink designs on it. "

"I'll get some cute clothes too." I relied as I walked to the clothing section. I got enough for when she was older too so she could grow into them.

"What about this?" Carl asked showing me a baby blanket. It looked sort of like my blanket with the purple and blue swirl design on it.

"It looks like mine. I like it. Nice pick, sheriff." I smiled to him as I turned back around. I grabbed all the formula and put it into a shopping bag.

"She'll like all of this stuff." Carl said looking at the stuff I put in the crib.

"I thought so too." I replied. I was happy that he wasn't being an ass. 

"I'm sorry by the way." He said looking up to me.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You've been trying to be nice and I've been kind of an ass." He said as I thought about the words kind of but I let him continue. "Thank you for helping."

"Your welcome." I smiled to him as he smiled back.

Michonne came back with some more bottles and formula along with a few pacifiers and a box. "I got the box." She said as I nodded to her.

We packed all the stuff in the crib and carried it towards the spike area. Rick walked out with the bags and a blood splotch on his shoulder. He noticed me looking at it. "I'll be okay." He said as he gave Michonne a bag of guns.

"I'll fix it up on the way back." I said looking to him as he nodded.

"So he's okay?" Michonne asked as we walked by Morgan as he tied up some munchers. I walked next to Carl and Michonne while they held they walked with the crib.

"No. He's not." Rick answered after a pause.

"Morgan." Carl said loudly looking towards the man.

"Carl." Rick said quietly.

"Morgan!" He said louder ignoring his dad. "I had to shoot you. You know that right?" Morgan nodded. "I'm sorry." Carl said looking to him before walking again.

"Hey son." Morgan ran over to Carl. "Don't ever be sorry." He advised before going back to the munchers. It was definitely bad advice to me.

They started loading the car while I went in the front and got some of the medical supplies. Rick didn't look like he was bleeding out or anything but I wanted to be sure. Plus I wouldn't to see how good I was at stitching.

Carl came in the car and sat there. While I waited for them to get back I grabbed out my new sharpie pen and looked at my wrist. I'd gotten to clean up a few times and the pen marks were fading a little bit the sharpie pen would help.

I wrote another mark on my wrist. I got one in the bar.

43.

It seemed the number grew with the more people I was with. "What's with the marks?" He asked looking to me.

I looked to him blankly for a second. I felt like the marks made me seem weak in a sense. To care about something so stupid as the monsters, but they were people at one point. Rick and Michonne got into the car.

"For another day." I responded smiling lightly to him before putting the pen back in my bag. We drove for a while before I looked to Rick.

"Want me to look at the cut now?" I asked looking at him as he saw the medical supplies out.

"You know how to stitch up a wound?" He asked surprised.

"Yeah." I nodded as I handed him a pill. He dry swallowed it and looked at me. "Hershel taught me how but I've seen it done a million times before then."

"How? I thought you said you were by yourself?" He asked confused. It was more of a general question then an interrogative question.

"I was in and out of the hospital a lot before everything. I watched some doctors do it from the windows." I said as he took off his shirt sleeve and took off the wrap.

"What were you in the hospital for?" Carl asked looking at me.

"Just for things." I said looking to him. I didn't really want to talk about it. "Anyway it's what mad me want to be a doctor but you know." I sighed lightly as I cleaned the wound a bit.

I got the thread ready and I started to close it. He only needed about three stitches since it wasn't that big. I cut the string and put the scissors down. "I'd give you a lollipop if I had one." I smiled to him.

He chuckled lightly. "Thank you." He said as I backed up in my seat and put the stuff back in my bag. I noticed everyone looking to the side of the road.

I looked to see the man from earlier on the ground torn up by the munchers and then his bag. Michonne slowed down and reversed. Carl grabbed it and put it in between us in the car. I looked at his stuff and then out the window.

He wasn't better off without us. I looked at the window the rest of the way home. It was weird to think of it that way but honestly, now, I wanted to to stay that way.

We got back and everyone came to see what we brought. They were excited. We could finally have a chance to beat the Woodburians.

"We can do it now. We can win." Glenn said as the guns laid across the table inside.

"Yeah. Yeah we can." Rick nodded looking to him.

Everyone smiled and hugged happily.

Carl and I brought in the crib. "That's a cute crib." Carol said looking at it with Judith in her arms.

"I picked it out." I smiled to her.

"And you got some clothes too?" She said looking at it.

"That blanket is cute." Beth said looking at it. "It looks soft."

"It is." Carl responded. "I picked it out."

"You know I haven't got to hold her yet. You think I could?" I asked looking at Beth, Carol, and Carl.

Carl nodded to Carol. "I don't see why not." She said as she handed me the baby who was awake.

She handed her to me and I held her. "Hey baby." I said smiling at her. She squirmed a little and then I made her comfortable. "It's nice to meet you." I said as I rubbed the back of her hand.

After holding her for a while she fell asleep. "How about we get her in her new crib." I said to Carol as she smiled to the baby and took her.

"You're good with her." Beth said looking to me.

"I got to hold a lot of babies before this. A lot of my parents family friends came over with them all the time." I said looking to her. "I picked up on how to take care of them."

She nodded with a smile. "I think you're fitting in just fine here. If you decide to stay after everything I think we'd all be happy about it."

"Thanks." Was all I could manage to say. No one had been that kind since everything happened. I felt wanted more now then before. I smiled to her and walked to my cell room. These were good people and I knew whatever happened with the governor, we'd be able to handle it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 2.3K 47
Being alive. That's all that matters now. Everyone has their own way of doing it, some aren't the best ways. Yes, evil exists, more than ever before...
11K 412 29
( negan smith x fem!oc ) ( written by @alycialcver ) Twd universe 6-11 ( started 26th feb 2024 ) cover by @tiishas
410K 10.6K 69
Anna Murphy, a young sweet girl before the zombie apocalypse, became the fighter she currently is to survive in the new world alone. But is she truly...
38.4K 1.2K 32
(There is a pre-apocalypse story that's in works but posted called Redneck Family) Cherokee Rose is turning 14 when the zombie apocalypse happens. Sh...