Unforgettable Second Chances...

By CeruleanBlues

When Raine was just a child, someone had promised her that he would one day come back for her and they would... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8 (part one)
Chapter 8 (part two)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 (part one)
Chapter 10 (part two)
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (part one)
Chapter 13 (part two)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 (part one)
Chapter 17 (part two)
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 - SPECIAL CAMEO
Chapter 25
Epilogue
Marcus' Wish

Chapter 7

9.5K 269 3
By CeruleanBlues

Another chappy!!!

Whooohooo!!!

Ever wonder what was Belle's proposition from chapter 5?

Well, I'll take you to that flashback within this chapter..

So more onto Gregory and Belle's scene for this chapter.

SOng for today: BOP BOP BABY by Westlife

Actually, I only like the music video settings, that's why I choose this for today...hahahaha ;P

Note: not edited

One more thing, please support UP (Unforgettable Promise) the prequel for this story because I'm entering it for Watty Awards 2012! Thanks!

Love lots,

~CeruleanBlues

======================================================================

GREGORY’S POV

“I hate my life,” I muttered to myself as I was sitting on the couch.

“I heard you a thousand times,” Belle called out from the kitchen. She then came out bringing along a tray of two glasses filled with fruit juice and a plate of Danish biscuits, put it on the table before she sat across the chair from me. A playful smile appeared on her face. “Nobody said that life would be easier for a person, and you are not an exception.”

I muttered some French words, hoping she wouldn’t understand what I was saying. Unfortunately, that didn’t keep her mouth from commenting. “Even using other language, I can still guess what you’re saying,” she said while picking out a biscuit from the small platter, “and I know those words aren’t pleasant hear, Gregory.”

Belle just gave me a knowing look that says “no cursing allowed in this household even if they are in another language.

I just stared at her, then at the simple treat that she offered on the table, then back at her raising an eyebrow. “What?” she gave me an obvious fake innocent look. “Can’t a hostess even serve her guest something to eat? It is the proper etiquette, you know,” she pointed out before she bit on her cookie.

“Not when the hostess hasn’t done that since the guest started visiting her like three months ago,” I replied dryly.

Really, just weeks ago she wouldn’t even let me inside her house much less than offering me some treat like I was really a guest, and she say that it was just according to proper etiquette.

I scoffed at her claim.

Etiquette doesn’t even cross my mind like her when I first courted her. Within the succeeding days of courtship, I could only visualize her muttering, “Proprieties could very well hang and rot in prison of hell for all I care” then she would do the same routine as always: slapping on my face and slamming the door to my face.

“Well, that was ancient history, so just forget about it and embrace what’s ahead of you,” she waved her hand dismissively in the air.

I sighed.

She has a point and there was no point in arguing.

“Besides, its not only your life who you are going to hate after the week is over,” Belle said. When I look at her, I saw a hint of sadness flowed over her face. “It’s going to be mine as well.”

True.

After the week is over, we’ll be getting married at the end of the month. Let me tell you that wasn’t an easy decision for her but there was also a price for me to pay in exchange for agreeing to accept my proposal.

It all began back at the cafe shop. . .

“What are you trying to propose?” I asked her, still unsure what her proposition would be.

“It’s about your hand of marriage for me,” she simply said.

Well, that was new. “What about it?” I sipped my coffee, needed something to drink to calm my nerves.

“I have decided to agree in becoming your wife,”

It was a good thing that I instantly swallowed my coffee before I could splutter it from my mouth. Her answer caught me off guard and it was rather . . . unexpected.

“W-what did you say?” I wanted to know if she was joking or wanting to know if my ears were deceiving me. Besides, it was a serious matter and no need to kid around about it.

“I have decided to agree in becoming your wife,” she repeated patiently.

Nope. I guess I wasn’t hearing things after all.

“Well, I . . . uh, I’m honoured by your acceptance.” That was all I could say, just coming from her unexpected answer that still shocked me to the very least. “So when would you like the wedding date? Should I announcement to the reports of our pending wedding?”

Belle shook her head. “I don’t want to let the whole people to know about our engagement.” I just nodded, at least to respect her remaining privacy. Once were married, she won’t return to her old life since, paparazzi and reporters will be always watching every move she make just for a scandal to erupt that could ruin, not only her reputation, but mine as well.

“How about you try to set our wedding date?”

Well, that was generous of her in giving me the freedom to choose our wedding day. I just hope she won’t be to surprise what I’m about to tell her. “Does the last day of this month sounds alright to set for our wedding?” I suggested, since it was the last day my father have given me time before he would choose a bride for me if I can’t find one for myself.

Her eyes widen upon hearing the date of the wedding, which I already expected from her reaction. Then, she just relaxed and nodded. “That’s fine with me,” was all she could say.

I nodded as well. “I should start calling Tatiana to plan for the wedding and—

“Of course, this is where my proposition comes along,” she said seriously.

I stared at her before letting her continue. “Let’s hear it,”

“This would actually involve with Raine,”

Raine? Did she already tell Belle what had happen before she started getting all mean and everything every time I come to visit?

I gulped nervously. “So what does this proposition have to do with her?”

“Well . . .,” she trailed off and thought for a moment as if deciding for the right words to tell. “Raine would be leaving at the same date of the wedding.”

“Let’s have the wedding in the morning then,”

She shook her head. “It’s quite complicated you see and— did you know the reason why she came to visit me here in the first place?”

I pondered for a moment before nodding back at her. “She mentioned to me once that she was on a two month vacation leave from work,” I told her.

“Actually, that’s only her excuse for being here. The real reason why she came was that she was mending her broken heart,”

 That caught my attention.

I never knew that Raine was feeling that way since, she was all bubbly and cheerful when I last talked with her. “She hid her feelings well for me not to notice she was heartbroken.”

“Raine’s very good in hiding that kind of emotion. She doesn’t want others to know what she felt because she doesn’t want them to feel pity for her. She wanted to carry the burden alone without needing the help of others to help her.”

I can help her, that’s what I thought, then suddenly I felt anger uprising within to the man who did this to her and the cause for making her heart broken.

“My proposition would be is that I want you to spend days with her before she leaves,” Belle said.

Spending time with other woman rather than spending the time to be with your bride to be? That was ridiculous. Completely and irrevocably ridiculous. “Belle I can’t—

“Please Gregory just for a few days,” she begged. “I only spend little attention with her due to my drastic schedule in work that I couldn’t help her in her time of need for a shoulder to cry on. I hate myself hearing her cry or hiding it from me knowing I’ve seen her distress but I couldn’t come to her since she wouldn’t open herself to me.”

“What makes you think that she would open herself to me?” I asked knowing Raine will never open up for me since she have been avoiding me and sending glares at my direction whenever I came to visit.

She gave a small smile. “Remember, when I saw you sitting by the kitchen having conversation with her?” I nodded. “Well, you were the first person she knew talk to since her few days coming here. She rarely comes out from the house and would rather spend the time baking, or perhaps reading some books by the swing on the backyard.”

Could I agree to that kind of proposition?

“Maybe you can introduce her to some of your male friends?” she suggested. “Perhaps one of them might catch her attention.”

Now, she wanted me to become a matchmaker for a couple. What am I, cupid?

“I don’t want to see her coming here with a broken heart for two months, then leave still bringing that broken heart of hers. I just can’t bear to see her in that state anymore,” she finally said.

Silence filled the atmosphere.

There were many reasons why I can’t accept her proposition, still it wasn’t as heavy as my proposition for her, so I had to give her what she asks.

I let out a frustrated sighed. “Alright, I’ll accept your proposition.”

That was the day that Belle and I made a compromise. Both of us were benefitting from each other, though we both know it was each other’s against own will, but it was all we did for one person.

It was all for her.

What we both did was all for Raine.

One might say it was a bad idea using Raine for our proposal, on the other hand, it was desperate needs calls for desperate measures, and right on spot we both agreed.

“Do you regret ever accepting my proposal?”

I jerked my head towards Belle’s direction, which was looking back at me giving out a concern look.

I stared at her for a moment before I shook my head. “Do you?” I asked her the same.

From the look on her eyes, she obviously regretted about it, but instead she shook her head as well. “I think what we both agreed upon with something might heal someone’s heart for a change,” she said as she sent me a small smile.

I smiled back at her. “Pass me some of those Danish biscuits, would you?” I said, wanting to change this emotional topic. “You’re already eating everything of those instead of offering it to your guest, which would be me,” I joked.

She just laughed before passing one to me. 

=====================================================

So what do you guys think?

Comment and Vote! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 50.1K 52
1St in #possesive 1ST in #abuse 1ST in #arrangedmarriage 1ST in #hatelove 1ST in #rich 1ST in #tortured The next thing she knew was that she was sl...
2.2M 114K 54
"You see him as an heir of your empire and not as a family member. All you care about is the inheritance and not the child. If all you want is an hei...
13.4K 817 36
Bailey finished university to be a vet. She is called back home to help with the family farm as her grandad has lung cancer. She has had a hard life...
30.7K 2K 43
COMPLETE✔️ A sequel of Rose Is Back With Roses *Gabrielle Oliver's story* "The man you came with," he paused as she drew in a sharp breath. "Is he yo...