Caught Moon (COMPLETED)

Od SoloarLunar

"Just because you're not my mate, doesn't stop the fact that I want you and will have you." ----- Gemma C... Více

hi. again.
Prologue
It's Time
Ceremony
The Fight
A Friend
A Man on His Knees
Problematic
Punishment
Alone
Silence
The Luna
Our Run
The Heat
++Besides Myself++
Mine is Yours
ClarityHowl Pack
Liar
Caught Moon

Destiny

266 10 1
Od SoloarLunar

"My Oracle is busy right now," Alpha Fawn said, leaning back and shaking his head. My fury was going up through the roof. I was half tempted to stab this stupid Alpha.

"I need to see her now!" I snapped, hitting the table with the flat of my palms. When he merely raised his eyebrows and turned around in his chair, my fury heightened. I'd probably caught the Moon Goddess' attention by now.

Just as I opened my mouth to speak, I was interrupted, "what's going on here?"

Grace stepped into the office, her dark skin illuminated by the bright lights strongly shining. Cole rubbed my back in reassurance. I smirked at Alpha Fawn, quietly asking him just how busy his Oracle really was.

"I thought you had important business," he said lowly.

"I did, but I heard all this shouting and recognized Gemma's voice. Is there something you need?" She asked, completely ignoring her Alpha's protests. I'd never really known an Oracle before, but I liked how she completely disregarded this idiot in front of us.

"It's important."

"Follow me please," she murmured. Both me and Cole stood up but she shook her head at him, "I can only have one client."

I trusted Grace, so with a small smile I nudged Cole back into his chair. He sent daggers at the Oracle, but she merely brushed him off. She led me into a large dark wood office. Candles glowed brightly on the shelves and jars of all sorts of weird stuff covered them. Several jars of salt, crushed green crystals, seashells, and some crushed up plant. Bowls were set down on the floor and a large book was open.

"You came here to talk about your children, yes?" She murmured. She grabbed the jar of salt and seashells, and then a little bowl of crushed white rocks. Grace set them down on the floor and sat down cross-legged. I sat down across from her and watched as she arranged things.

"Children?" I muttered, glancing at her.

"I had a dream of three children," she murmured, pouring sand into a star shape around the bowls, "one was blue—void—the other two were white, but one had black smudges."

"What does that mean?" I asked.

She shrugged, "that's your job to interpret. I would worry about the black smudges if I were you. Color is always important, the Moon Goddess loves color. Each color stands for something, and I've already told you about blue."

"Why are you setting up?" I asked, "you already had a dream."

"I can't tell you all about the dream, some I have to show you," she muttered, rolling her eyes. I poured some of the crushed rocks into a black bowl and mixed in the seashells with it. She took a mirror and placed it down on the bowl. She put her hands in a bowl of liquid and coated them in it. She rubbed her hands together and then placed them on the back of the mirror.

Grace glanced up at me, worry flecking the depths of her eyes. She picked up the mirror and showed it to me. I stared blankly at it and then Grace grabbed my hand. The liquid stung my hand and when I closed my eyes in a wince, the world spun.

++++
The mirror enlarged. I gazed into it and watched. Just as Grace said, there were three kids. Two white and one blue, but neither white one was smudged. The three kept getting bigger and bigger, and slowly one had black smudges on it. I watched quietly, ignoring the soft presence beside me.

The blue one left and the two white ones were left alone. Suddenly, the black smudged one leapt for the clean one. The two wrestled and my eyes widened as two larger shapes appeared behind them. The smudged one was backed up by a large, dark shadow with horns protruding out of its head. The plain one was backed up by the shape of a woman, all white and silver.

The scene changed, the white figure of a teenage girl knelt before the woman. The woman laid her hand on the girl's head. The woman disappeared and the teenage girl, my future child, stood up. A silver moon crescent was printed on her forehead.

We came back to the smudged one, another future child of mine. She was rapidly shaking her head, as if fighting someone—or herself. Her head was clutched tightly in her hands and I could hear the sound of her cries. My heart reached out to her and I longed to comfort her.

"I'm not like you! Stop making me hurt her!"

A guttural voice replied and the darkness disappeared. The girl sobbed, her hair flew around her face like a hurricane as a wind picked up. The woman appeared again and the girl backed away. I could smell her terror through the mirror. She apologized profusely, begging the woman not to rid of her.

"I didn't know! I was just so mad because everyone made her so much more important than me!" She screamed, "I've realized what I've done wrong."

The woman was quiet and knelt down in front of her. She took her face in her hands and gazed into her eyes. The ethereal woman pressed her forehead against the girl's, and then changed into the other white teenage girl. Their foreheads touching were symbolizing equality.

The scene changed again. I recognized me and Cole, shouting at the black smudged girl. She screamed at us and ran away, more black smudges appearing. Then she was laughing with other teenagers, when a boy pointed at her and said something. The teenagers dispersed and more black smudges appeared.

Black filled the mirror. It was over.

++++

When I spiraled back down to earth with Grace, I couldn't breathe. Air was choked up in my throat and my eyes watered. I covered my mouth as I ran to the trashcan by her door. I emptied out my stomach and cried into it. It hurt so much, hurt to think that someday my children are going to be hit by something they can't control.

Grace didn't comfort me, she saw among her supplies. I could feel her eyes burning into me as my tears filled the trashcan, mixing with my regurgitated food. I felt so bad for blaming Cole about our child's destiny and making him feel piece of trash. I stopped crying for a small moment only so I could throw up again. Then the tears continued.

It's only in big moments when you realize just how you can't stop destiny. This was bound to happen, one of my girl's was going to promised to this woman, but I could stop what happened in the vision.

"Thank you, Grace," I murmured, standing up. I had to go apologize to Cole and completely figure out what is going to happen to my children.

I rushed through the hallways and back to Alpha Fawn's office. I paused when I saw both Alphas glaring each other down, but grabbed Cole and dragged him out. He kept questioning me on what I was doing. I ignored him and shoved him into our car.

"What?" He asked when I stopped and just stared at him.

"I'm sorry," I whispered and reached forward to grab his hands. His blue eyes burned with shock as he tried to figure out what I was apologizing for. Why I was even apologizing. I smiled lightly at him, "I can't blame you for you did. I would've done the same thing if you were dying. I-I can't stop destiny."

I awkwardly laughed. I probably sounded psychotic to him. I felt crazy, what was I doing? We're mending problems, you dip, my wolf huffed, now continue, this is getting juicy. I ignored her statement, she had always been overly-attracted to drama.

"I'm not the Moon Goddess only the Moon Goddess is the Moon Goddess, and only she can create someone's destiny," I sighed, leaning closer to Cole. I breathed in his scent and shuddered at the familiar tingle of sparks, "it's never going to be perfect between us, but we can't argue over something uncontrollable."

I expected Cole to just blink at me, and blankly say: "I don't understand" but he didn't. He just smiled lightly at me and clutched my face between his rough hands. His warm breath brushed the hair out of my face. Our lips were inches apart as our foreheads pressed tightly against each other. His blue eyes were wide oceans, I felt like I could see waves rising and crashing inside them. I could see my own light green eyes reflected in them, the mix of terror and understanding written across my freckle-covered face.

I was shocked when water leaked from Cole's eyes. I watched the tears, fascinated. I'd never seen Cole cry. There was no sadness though, just an unending joy. He wrapped his muscular arms around me and pulled me into his chest. I laughed into his shoulder as we sat in the black Cadillac, the sun piercing us through the trees. We sat there, completely entangled in each other, living something so beautiful that we couldn't explain it ourselves.

We weren't perfect, we were caught. Caught up in moon-eyed love. We couldn't see well in the day, in our time of misunderstandings, but we could see well in the night, when we got past it all and loved one another.

"The moon-eyed people are a race of people from Cherokee tradition who are said to have lived in Appalachia until the Cherokee expelled them. They are mentioned in a 1797 book by Benjamin Smith Barton, who explains they are called "moon-eyed" because they saw poorly during the day." Moon-eyed people- Wikipedia 

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

1.1M 29.5K 40
With his eyes trained on me he growls, "Unchain me." The supervisor chirps quietly, "I can't." His head swivels to her, and his fists are cle...
474K 13.6K 56
Every pack needs its Alpha and Luna to feel complete, but what if one stubborn Alpha decides he doesn't need a Luna? He is determined never to go out...
201K 5.1K 64
One Alpha, One Omega Quite the wrong mate yet it seems so right. There just no telling what can go down when an Alpha gets and Omega as a mate. Grac...
5.6M 178K 40
(Complete) Rae East has always cast herself off as a girl not worthy of a Mate. With a past of self-doubt and expectations of a hopeless future, her...