✔ Cursed (Book One)

By OneLovee_OneDream

Catalina Harte, never the most popular girl, although beautiful was never sought out by none of the guys, not... More

Cursed
Prologue
Dreams
Book
Sparks
Invitation
Faint
Chills
Lightning Love and other things
Step Down
Witness The Unseen
Angel Of Mine
(12) Hope
Warmth in the coldest days
Territorial
Racing Pulse
Untwisted Emotions
(19) Attack
What Now?
To be friends or not to be
Control your anger
Let me hold you'
Mother daughter time
Date
Sticky situation
Bickering
Red Head
Here I am
I will always be there
And She's Feisty
It was you
You are the answer

Crimson Ball

32.1K 714 42
By OneLovee_OneDream

Copyright © 2012 OneLove_OneDream
All Rights Reserved.

                                      ~*~*~*~

I stayed quiet, stun out of my mind. I felt as if the room began to swirl around. The nausea, I recently had felt, began to grow stronger. I felt as if I couldn’t speak.

What could I say? I was wondering around his house, without any permission. He had all the right to throw me out if he desired to do so. Would I mind? No not really, I didn’t want to be here in the first place. But I did, however, wanted to keep looking into his mesmerizing grey eyes that had a hint of blue. I wanted to touch his soft looking skin. I wanted to kiss his—

What in the world was I thinking?!

He smiled, showing his pearly white teeth, “What are you doing out here? Don’t you like the party?” he asked. His voice sounded like music to my ears. I just wanted to run into his arms and jump into them.

Ugh! What the hell was wrong with me, get it together Catalina!

I racked my brain for an excuse, but I couldn’t come up with anything. What could I tell him? As I looked into his beautiful eyes, I realized I couldn’t seem to lie to him.

“Well, no offence but…the party isn’t at all what I expected. I just needed to get away for a while,” I confessed touching my dress shyly. “And to be honest I don’t feel all comfortable in this dress it seems like I cant breath. I don’t know how they did it back then.”

I shut my mouth immediately. I was babbling like crazy to one of the host’s of this party. Nice going Catalina! I looked at him through my eye lashes. His face was emotionless, until a hint of a smile tugged at the edge of his lip.

He nodded. “Well maybe you just aren’t use to my sister’s crazy parties, they seem to be extravagant. Do you agree?”

I nodded solemnly, “It’s just I’m not use to seeing a party like this or one that you have to wear these dresses…” I flapped at the piece of clothing.

“Well, yeah that is my sister for you. Besides, I believe this dress looks lovely on you. Red is your color love.”

The word love caused me to go weak in my knees. It sounded so exotic. No one had ever called me such a name, a nickname. My nicknames were fire girl or cata but never such a lovely nickname.

“But something is missing.”

I looked up at him curiosity showing within my eyes. “What is that?” I asked.

I had no idea what they wore back in those day’s they did balls. Who even thought of doing balls in this era?   As if to read my mind, he chuckled out of no were. I looked at him, I was about to ask him what was so funny, but I clasped my mouth shut at what I saw in his hand.

He held a flower towards me---a crimson rose.

My eyes went wide in wonder. “Where did you get such a lovely flower?”

I had never seen such a nice rose and not in such a color. The color wasn’t like any red rose I had ever seen. It was as red as blood, it was beautiful.

I took it slightly tugging it into my corset, since I had no pockets.

He shrugged slightly. “I found it near the stables earlier. Somehow it survived the coming of winter.” He shifted his gaze away from me.

They had stables here as well? What else did this huge mansion have?

A slow, eerie melody drifted into the room. I shifted uncomfortably. I wanted to step away from him. The aura was too intense.

“Dance with me.” he said quietly. He took my hand before I could answer him, and led me into the large living room, which I began to wonder if it was a ballroom. I mean it was HUGE.

I felt eye’s landing drifting us. I felt my cheeks growing red with embarrassment. This was way too much attention. I wanted to pull away from him, but he held my hand with so much firmness I couldn’t. Then I saw Joey with the same girl, I had seen him with during school.  

Trevor then took me into his arms. We glided across the dance floor. My skirt rustled as we circled the room. I had no idea how I was going to manage this, I wished I wouldn’t make myself look like a fool.

He held me close to his body. His left hand held my right hand, palm to palm. I was sure I was sweating like no other, but he didn’t seem to notice. His right hand went over my shoulder blade. Of what I had seen on television, I placed my left hand on his shoulder.

I had never really danced a waltz and I was beginning to get even more nerves as everyone gathered around us, whispers being held around us.

I looked down at our feet, trying to watch my every move or his move. “Look up, just follow me.”

I gulped but did as he told me. I looked into his grey eyes and nodded curtly. The next thing I knew, we were moving around. At first it was slow, he moved me a step forward and then back, then sideways and such. We began to glide around the room, with swiftly.

Within minutes, people began to join us. In my head, though, I was chanting, please don’t mess us, please don’t mess up.

Trevor smiled. “You are pretty good, you know?”

I smiled faintly, “No I’m not.” I looked down, but he only cleared his throat.

“Don’t look down, that would only make you mess up.”

We danced in silence after that those words. The music drifted into silence. My heart was pounding as Trevor held me close. The light glistered off him, he stared over her head. He then went stiff as a board.

He bowed slightly. “I must go,” he said, his voice low and raspy.

“Where?” I couldn’t help but ask.

He leaned toward me, pressing his lips against my ear. Chills cascaded through me and I felt him shiver as well.

“Don’t ask me questions I cannot answer young Catalina,” he murmured with some emotion, I couldn’t quite make out. Regret?

Abruptly he straightened and strode from the room. I watched him leave, feeling oddly alone. Even though the room was filled with plenty people, people that watched me, studying me. Some of these people, I didn’t even know. I hadn’t seen them around this town at all.

But I felt an eerie sensation. I looked around only to see John staring at me. He stood besides the fireplace talking to Kelly Chanuga, but his gaze was focused on me. I shivered at the coldness of his gaze.  

I think it’s time for me to go home. I would just have to walk home, since I couldn’t seem manage to find Chad and the girls.

I walked through the crowd, which was a mission, since a lot of the girl’s had puffy dresses. I stepped quickly into the empty foyer. My foot caught on something. I stumbled and fell forward. Just my luck!

My hands sank into something warm and mushy. I glanced down and stared in horror at Jason's, the school’s football captain, face. His mouth hung open. His eyes rolled back into his head so all I could see were the whites of his eyes. He was pale as snow.  

I struggled to sit up. My hand slid forward, and was sucked farther into the gapping, bloody hole in Jason’s chest. Into a chest that no longer had a heart.

I bloody screeching scream was realized from deep within me. I scrambled away, still screaming. I heard screams around me as people began to notice what I had stumbled into. I screamed until I was snatched off the ground and smashed into a chest. Shielded away from the horror of blood, I cried into the chest.

“Someone call the cops,” the chest rumbled underneath me.

“Hush Catalina, it’s okay,” The silk sounding voice of Trevor Fier sooth me. His hand ranking through my hair in a soothing gesture.

I was stupid enough to pull away slightly, only to see the scene once again. The blood was too much for me, I slipped into darkness the last words I heard were from Trevor.

“Sleep little Catalina, sleep.”

----

Please vote and tell me what you think about this chaper
goal for chapter:

15 votes
6 comments
be sure to fan so i can dedicate a chapter to you 

xoxo Dreamcometrue123 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.4K 2.1K 32
Co-written by @dmgmwtips & @girlmeetsworlddaily on Instagram [COMPLETE] Cover creds to: moi (Leah!) A Lucaya/Laya Fanfic "Maya, can you move a little...
5.5K 239 37
Athena Myers is a pretty girl. She hate liars and prefers cute guys over hot. She is sarcastic as hell. Short-tempered and totally lives in her dream...
Karma By ari

Romance

1.5M 36.2K 57
[25/09/2021] - [08/05/2024] There they were. Knife to throat, chest to chest, breaths uneven and heavy and yet Reece made it his job to look unaffect...
283 28 7
Hannah Reeveer is the last one left of a long line of witches, her family has always been the protectors of the little town she lives in. One day st...