Dancing In The Rain •Sirius B...

By WeasleyGirl04

•Book 1• "You know what? You're right! I'm not gonna sit here and sob over a stupid boy! In fact, I'm gonna d... More

A Fair Warning
Cast
Trailer
Aesthetics
Playlists
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60/Epilogue
Completed And Sequel
Quotes
I Got Tagged!
I Got Tagged Again!
Let's Just Admire The Artwork
More Artwork!
But Wait, There's More!
There's Still More!
Some Masterpieces

Chapter 50

5.5K 144 70
By WeasleyGirl04

•Edited•

I know that not everyone reads my Authors notes at the end of chapters, so I figured I'd put it up here so you'd be forced to look at it before this exciting chapter.

This is chapter 50!!!

50 chapters of my favorite story I've written so far!

Not only that, but 15,000 reads! Yes! 15,000!

But not just that!

600 votes!

(I just need to add that in the time that I wrote this section and the time I actually published it, the story went up 1,000 reads and up 100 votes. Like, what?)

I truly can not thank you guys enough, but thank you! Your support means everything to me and I hope you all enjoy this story as much as I do!

And speaking of which, you're all going to want to read this one. ;)

~Claire~

It was now mid December.

Snow covered the ground.

Blankets could be found in every room of our house.

The fireplace was almost always on.

And socks were always worn.

Always.

However. At eight in the morning. Sirius and I braced the cold as we excitedly entered the bathroom.

I lunged towards the cabinet, grabbing the small box I had tossed in there a month ago.

Following every instruction on the box, we sat waiting.

"Don't watch Sirius!" I laughed.
"But I can't not watch!" Sirius whined.
"Sure you can. We'll look together when the timer goes off," I smiled.

Finally, after what felt like years, the timer went off, meaning the results would be on this test.

"Remember, one line negative, two lines positive," I mumbled, leaning forward to stare at it.

Our mouths dropped as our eyes met the lines.

"You said two for positive?" Sirius questioned.
"Y-Yeah."

Two lines appeared next to each other, as bold as can be.

"Okay, they say you should take multiple tests to make sure," I breathed out. Trying but failing to keep my excitement down.

So after waiting for forever, there were three tests laying in front of us.

Two had two lines, and the other actually had the word pregnant.

I let out a shaky breath, looking over at Sirius who grinned at me.

"We're going to be parents Claire. We're going to have a baby," Sirius spoke, tears welling up in his eyes.

My tears had skipped that phase and went straight to rolling down my cheeks.

"Merlin's beard Sirius! I'm going to be a mum! You're going to be a dad!" I laughed through my tears.
"That's crazy," Sirius chuckled lightly, taking one of the tests into his hand and blinking furiously as to got the tears out of his eyes.
He stared at the test once his vision wasn't blurred by his tears, his mouth parted slightly as he stared in wonder.

Setting the test down, he wrapped his arms around me.

"I love you and our baby so much," Sirius laughed, hugging me tightly.

He lifted me off my feet as he continued to hug me.

"Sirius!" I laughed.
"I can't help it! I'm just so excited!" Sirius laughed.
"I know you are, and so am I! But you have work today," I stated, wagging my finger in front of him.

He pouted, sticking his bottom lip out.

"Sirius!" I groaned, covering my eyes with my hands in attempt to shield myself from his pouting.
"But Claire!" Sirius cried.
"I'll tell you what. You go to work and I'll let you tell the guys in your own way," I laughed.
"Deal!" Sirius grinned.
"But I get to tell the girls!" I called as he sprinted towards the closet to get ready.
"That's fine!" Sirius called back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The doorbell rang, indicating that someone was at the door.

Smiling to myself, I walked towards the door, well, I waddled and pretended I had a huge baby bump.

I can't help it! I'm just so excited!

Opening the door, my smile widened as my eyes fell on Lily and Camellia.

"Lils! Cam!" I greeted, opening the door wider so that they could come in.
"Claire!" They both responded, entering the house and removing their shoes.
"So what is it you were so excited to tell us?" Camellia questioned.

I smiled widely at them, reaching into my pocket and pulling out one of the positive pregnancy test, pushing it under their noses.

"Look!" I exclaimed.
"C-Claire, that's, erm, great!" Lily laughed lightly.
"Y-Yeah! That's great!" Camellia agreed, nodding her head slightly.
"Well don't get to excited," I spoke, furrowing my eyebrows at them.
"What do you mean?" Camellia laughed.
"That was so fake. What's wrong?" I questioned, stuffing the test back into my pocket, slightly disappointed.

Lily and Camellia glanced at each other, before looking back at me.

"Claire I don't want you to take this the wrong way," Lily started, causing my eyebrows to furrow even more.
"But we think you and Sirius are getting ahead of yourselves," Camellia finished.
"W-What?" I laughed.
"Claire, we're being serious," Lily stated.

Deciding not to remind them that my husband was Sirius, I frowned.

"What do you mean we're getting ahead of ourselves?" I questioned.
"Don't get me wrong, Claire, I wouldn't want you guys to live your lives any other way. But you're eighteen," Camellia sighed.
"And?" I asked.
"And you're already married, and pregnant!" Lily laughed.
"And why are you laughing at that?" I scowled.
"I'm laughing because I find it hilarious! It's hilarious how you two think you're in such a perfect world! That you can do whatever! Your minds say 'Ooh! Let's get married! Ooh! Let's have kids!' It's not good for you Claire!" Lily exclaimed.
"We think we're living in such a perfect world?! Is that what you both think?!" I asked, throwing my arms up.
"Yeah Claire! That's exactly what we think!" Camellia laughed.
"You think that my dad dying makes my life perfect?! You think that Sirius's whole family being Death Eaters makes his life perfect?! You think that Sirius being abused and neglected makes his life perfect?! You think we just decided we wanted to get married so soon because our lives were perfect and that was okay?! That we decided we wanted kids because our lives were so perfect that that made it okay?!" I roared.
"Of course we don't think your lives are perfect Claire! I was just saying, that it doesn't make any sense for you to get married at eighteen!" Camellia exclaimed.
"We got married so soon because everything was going wrong and we wanted to do something people could be happy about! Something we could be happy about! And you know what?! It's done just that! This last month Sirius and I have been married has been amazing!" I bellowed.
"Okay Claire. So you have a reason for being careless with marriage. But carelessly risking getting pregnant all the time?" Lily stated.
"What are you implying?" I scowled.
"That you're pregnant because you two are being careless," Lily exclaimed.
"Lily, that's kind of out of line," Camellia whispered.
"Is it? Well it's true, isn't Claire?" Lily asked.

My eyes narrowed to slits as Lily stared at me, waiting for a response.

"For your information, Lily, Sirius and I have been trying to get pregnant. But yeah, that's the most careless thing I've ever done," I choked, tears welling in my eyes.

Lily and Camellia's eyes widened as they stared in shock.

"W-What?" Camellia stuttered.
"Oh, is that not what you expected?" I scoffed.
"Claire, I'm sorry. That was really uncalled for and I shouldn't have said it with out knowing," Lily spoke.
"No Lily, you really shouldn't have," I sighed, using my palms to wipe my tears away.
"Claire. I was just jealous," Lily mumbled, a tear of her own falling, which she quickly wiped away.

I watched her as she sniffled lightly.

"I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't be crying," Lily said.
"No, it's fine. But what do you mean by jealous?" I questioned, taking a step towards her.
"James never talks about marriage, or kids, or our future in general! It's like he doesn't want a future with me. And then of course there's you, who has a husband who wants nothing more than a happy future with you. And then you said you were pregnant and I kind of just snapped," Lily explained.
"That's how I feel with Remus," Camellia sighed.

I pondered the issue for a minute, before finally coming to a conclusion.

"Okay, you two are staying here tonight," I stated, folding my arms over my chest,
"What? No, Claire we can't do that," Camellia spoke.
"And why not?" I questioned.
"Because you just found out you're pregnant. You're going to want to spend time with Sirius," Lily joined.
"I'll have everyday after today to spend with him. It'll be fine. Sirius can get Remus, James, and Peter to come as well. It'll be a small break. Merlin knows we all need it," I sighed.
"Are you sure Claire. You're not mad at us?" Camellia asked, biting her lip slightly.
"I would much rather forget about our argument. If the guys ask, you were as happy when I told you as you are now. Although I told Sirius he could tell the guys, so we need to make sure they know before we start talking about it," I ranted.
"And, as for Remus and James not talking about your futures. I'll get Sirius to talk to them," I added with a light smile.

The door creaked open and Sirius walked in.

"I'm doing what now?" Sirius questioned, walking over to me and pecking my cheek.
"Lily and Camellia haven't been able to talk to James and Remus about their futures because they don't ever talk about it. Do you think you could talk to them?" I asked.
"Of course," Sirius smiled.
"Thank you so much Sirius," Camellia and Lily exclaimed, throwing their arms around him.

Sirius laughed but returned the hug.

"Claire I hope you don't mind, but I invited the guys over so that I could tell them," Sirius spoke.
"That's fine. I was going to ask you to anyway. I want to spend today together, relaxing," I explained.
"That sounds amazing," Sirius stated, walking up behind me and wrapping his arms around me.
"Sirius, Lily and Camellia are still here," I laughed, squirming out of his arms.

Lily and Camellia only squealed at us.

"So when are the guys coming?" I questioned.
"Oh, um, they're downstairs," Sirius chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck.

I rolled my eyes, walking towards the door and down the stairs.

"Claire!" James exclaimed, pulling me into a hug.
"James!" I responded.
"Hey Claire," Remus smiled.
"Hi Remus," I laughed, hugging him as well.
"And Peter," I smiled, wrapping my arms around the slightly smaller boy, well, man.
"Claire," Peter greeted, giving me a one armed hug.

"I've got news!" Sirius exclaimed as he walked down the stairs, Lily and Camellia right behind him.

Once Sirius had everyone's attention, he pulled a small, black, stuffed dog, out from behind his back.

"Guess who this is for?" Sirius questioned.
"Erm, you?" Peter guessed.
"Wha-no Pete," Sirius laughed.
"Are you getting a dog?" James asked.
"Sirius is our dog" I laughed, earning a playful glare from Sirius.
"Really?" Remus laughed, looking over at me.
"Mhmm," I smiled.
"Tell us Moony!" James groaned.
"Why would they get a stuffed animal Prongs?" Remus asked.
"I don't kn-wait. Oh. Really? Congratulations!" James grinned.
"I don't get it.....," Peter mumbled.
"I'm pregnant Peter," I laughed.

Peter took a second for it to sink in before his eyes widened.

"You're having a baby?!" Peter questioned.
"Well we're not having an alien," Sirius chuckled.
"Shush Sirius. Yes Peter. Sirius and I are having a baby," I smiled.

"Who would've thought, that the guy that you thought was the most annoying, ignorant, egotistical git, would end up being you're husband and baby daddy?" Camellia laughed.
"Annoying, ignorant, egotistical git? Really? Is that what I was?" Sirius asked, looking at James who nodded.
"No Sirius, that's what I thought you were," I said.
"I don't know if I should be offended or not?" Sirius muttered.

"How about, we stop talking about this and celebrate with firewhiskey?" Peter questioned.
"That sounds great Peter. Except for the minor issue that we're celebrating my pregnancy, and alcohol and babies do not mix well," I stated.
"Oh, well, let's celebrate with hot chocolate!" Peter rephrased.
"Ooh, and we can get a bunch of blankets and cuddle around the living room and watch Disney movies!" Lily exclaimed.
"And we can make cookies!" Camellia stated.
"Extra chocolate?" Remus questioned.
"Extra chocolate!" Camellia squealed.
"Okay, let's go start the cookies first," I laughed, leading the way to the kitchen.

Walking into the kitchen I went straight to the pantry, grabbing all of the ingredients.

Everyone washed their hands, gathering around the island as I laid out the ingredients.

"There's seven of us so we'll need to make extras," I stated.
"Alright, how about we do a contest. Boys against girls. Who can make the best sugar cookies, with the best decorations?" Sirius spoke.
"Oh, you're on!" I laughed, and much to Remus's disappointment, threw the chocolate chips on the counter across from us.

Lily grabbed the bigger bowl, pulling it towards our side as I grabbed the flour.

I measured 2 3/4 cup of flour, whilst Camellia got a cup of butter.
Lily poured a cup of sugar, and I cracked the egg.
Camellia added the baking powder, and finished it with vanilla.

The guys had already put theirs in the oven, so I went to put ours in the oven with theirs.

While waiting for the cookies to be done, we all gathered around the living room and picked out movies.

"How many movies are we going to watch?" Peter questioned as I dumped all of our Disney movies onto the floor.
"Uh, I don't know, as many as it takes for all of us to fall asleep?" I muttered, searching through the movies.
"Can we watch Cinderella?" Camellia asked, picking the movie up and looking at the box at every angle.

Lily, Remus, and I are the only ones who grew up around Disney movies. Sirius knew them all because I've watched them all with him, but nobody else had seen a movie.

Lily and I grinned at each other as she turned the box over again.

"Good choice Cam," I grinned, taking the box from her and putting it on the side table.
"Look, Bambi has a deer on it," James laughed, holding the movie up to show Peter.
"Well Ratatouille has a rat on it!" Peter exclaimed.
"101 Dalmatians as 101 dogs, beat that," Sirius stated.
"Beauty and the Beast has always been a favorite of mine," Lily smiled.
"I don't know if I've seen that one," Remus mumbled.

Lily and I's eyes widened and we both started to panic.

"W-We don't have to watch it!" I panicked.
"What? Why? I just said I haven't seen it," Remus spoke.
"It's just.....well," Lily started.

But we were cut off as Remus put the movie in.

"He's fine," Sirius whispered to me.
"But-" I started.
"He's not an idiot, the cover has the beast on it and the word is in the movie name," Sirius stated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remus stayed quiet as the movie ended.

"I feel like they just made a movie about us," Camellia stated.
"Agreed," Remus muttered.
"Well, I believe the cookies are finished cooling if you'd like to continue our contest," I declared as I stood from where I sat next to Sirius.

Everyone stood, walking over to the kitchen where dozens of cookies were laid out.

"I think we may have extras," Peter spoke.
"You think?" James questioned.

Opening a drawer, I pulled out a bunch of frosting and sprinkles.

We all started decorating our cookies.

Camellia made Christmas trees. She did green first, covering the frosting in green sprinkles before adding the the brown trunk and colorful dots for ornaments.
I made snowmen, covering it neatly with white frosting and adding a red and gold Gryffindor scarf, an orange carrot like nose, his brown stick arms, and I used black sprinkles for his mouth, eyes, and buttons.
Lily made snowflakes, tracing the cookies snowflake shape with a light blue and carefully filling the middle with it before sprinkling white sprinkles over it.

When we finished, we admired each others cookies while we waited for the guys to finish, who were huddled around them in an attempt to shield us from seeing them.

"Are you four done yet?" I questioned.
"Remus and I have been done, it's those two," Sirius stated, pointing at James and Peter.
"I'm finished," James declared.
"Almost, and, done!" Peter exclaimed.

The guys stepped back, allowing us to see there's.

Remus had made their snowflakes, which were similar to Lily's but had a blue outline and was filled with white, blue sprinkles covering it.
Sirius had made Christmas trees, similar to Camellia's but using sprinkles for ornaments instead and didn't have the green sprinkles like hers.
James had done the snowmen, which had not been as successful as Remus and Sirius's, but didn't look bad. It's nose was an orange sprinkle. And it's buttons were used with frosting, which was slightly dragged into the scarf, which was just red.
Peter, was not as successful. His presents were very colorful, using colors that horribly clashed. One present was a very vibrant blue with an also very vibrant pink.
Another had the same vibrant pink with a vibrant green for a ribbon.
A lot of them were just red and gold, the red smearing into the gold. And rainbow sprinkles covered all of them.

"How did you three make yours so perfect?!" James questioned as he peered over at ours.
"You three definitely won," Sirius stated.
"I think we all won," Camellia grinned.
"I think Sirius won," I spoke, picking up one of Sirius's cookies and taking a bite from it, but immediately spitting it out into the sink.
"Okay! He won on decorations! Did you guys even add sugar to these?!" I exclaimed.
"I told you Peter! It's called sugar cookies for a reason!" Sirius scolded.
"I thought they didn't need it! Plus I told you, I'm on a diet!" Peter defended himself.

Lily, Camellia, and I laughed as the guys bickered. Biting into our own cookies.

"Merlin's beard! These are the best sugar cookies I've ever had!" Lily exclaimed as she bit into one of Camellia's.
"We'll just eat ours then," I laughed as Sirius dumped their batch into the trash can.

Lily, Camellia, and I made hot chocolate, and the rest of the night was spent on the couch in the living room.

Sirius and I sat on the end of the couch, his arm wrapped around me as I leaned into his side.
Lily and James were on the other side of us, James playing with Lily's hair as she rested her head on his shoulder.
Camellia has almost immediately fallen asleep in Remus's arms where they sat on the other side of Lily and James.
Peter had fallen asleep right after we finished Ratatouille.

The whole night was spent watching Disney movies.

Cinderella(Which Camellia had woken up just to watch), Bambi(Which James had regretted picking as we had all started calling him Bambi), Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and finishing with Winnie the Pooh.

Eventually everyone had fallen asleep, Peter the only one that didn't have somebody's arms around them.

Sirius fell asleep with his feet propped up on the ottoman, I had wrapped myself in a blanket and was curled up in the small space between the armrest and Sirius, my head in his lap and Sirius's hand resting on my stomach.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know I didn't update yesterday, but I'm hoping to update again today or at least tomorrow.
Also, she's pregnant! Which means babies!!!
I hope you're all having an amazing day!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 4.1K 94
"Thank you." "For what?" "Being there for me." "Like I said, I'll be by your side for eternity." •Marauders era •When Talea Lupin transferres to Hog...
102K 2.3K 12
As it's sixth year, Remus knows he'll probably never get another chance. He has to tell Sirius he likes him! No, wait...Sirius is straight. Right? (M...
8.7K 133 71
Marauders oneshots and headcannons. A fun book of all of the mischief the Marauders get themselves into, and how they get out. Or don't, and get dete...
107K 3K 57
In which a group of lions learned from a miserable snake who was searching for the wonderful, while all shapes of love formed. --- Marauders Era - En...