Never Say Die [Walking Dead F...

By xlaurynwritesx

"It's the apocalypse, what else was I supposed to do?" Lyla Rose Brooks was a normal girl before everything h... More

~<Part One>~
Chapter 1: Right Now
Chapter 2: Don't See Us
Chapter 3: They're Coming
Chapter 4: They Were Taken
Chapter 5: I'm Not a Drug Addict
Chapter 6: What an Asshole
Chapter 7: Okay, Sheriff
Chapter 9: Shit
Chapter 10: Everyone Sucked
Chapter 11: It Wouldn't Last
~<Part Two>~
Chapter 12: Been Better
Chapter 13: High
Chapter 14: Not My Dad
Chapter 15: Black
Chapter 16: This Meant War
Chapter 17: Dreams Sucked
Chapter 18: Close Enough
Chapter 19: Some Fucking Cookies
Chapter 20: 1
~<Part Three>~
Chapter 21: Away
Chapter 22: A Baby
Chapter 23: Made Me Happy
Chapter 24: Should Have Fucking Said Something
Chapter 25: Life Sucked
Chapter 26: Like That
Chapter 27: Don't Mess Up
Chapter 28: Pretty Badass
Chapter 29: Real Life
Chapter 30: We'll Figure It Out
Chapter 31: Lasts Forever
Chapter 32: A Lot of Punching, A Lot of Blood
Chapter 33: A Killer
Chapter 34: Don't Need a House Fire
~<Part Four>~
Chapter 35: A Cheesy Sitcom
Chapter 36: Bonus Points
Chapter 37: Traffic of Nightmares
Chapter 38: Better Alive
Chapter 39: Couldn't Do Anything
Chapter 40: All A Lie
Chapter 41: Good and Brave and Strong
Chapter 42: Never Say Die

Chapter 8: How Annoying

85 3 0
By xlaurynwritesx

"Hey." Michonne said shaking me lightly to wake me up. "We are going on a run. Let's go." She said looking to me.

"Who all is going?" I asked as I sat up. She handed me a brush and I brushed my hair.

"Me, you, Rick, and Carl." She answered.

"You know he agitates me." I said looking at her with a sigh.

"I want you with me just in case the governor decides to stop by when we aren't here." She said looking to me as I got up. She went out to get more supplies.

I curled my blanket up and put it in my bag and grabbed some knives. Rick gave me a holster so I could carry them in there instead of my pockets. I still had one in my boot just in case.

We walked out and went into a car. I sat in the back next to Carl. I kept my legs criss cross and looked out the window. After driving a little while we came across a man. He yelled for help but we drove by. Carl and I both looked to the man as he tried to catch up but couldn't. We got to a stop with cars in the road. Michonne tried to drive around and then ended up getting stuck in mud. All of a sudden munchers surrounded the car.

"Cover your ears." Rick said to us as he clicked his gun and we did as he said. He shot them until there were none left. We got out and I looked through the suitcases on top of the car as they tried to get the car out of the mud. It was nothing but clothes and a few other things. I grabbed some deodorant and a few of the brushes from the case.

"Hey! Please don't leave!" The man from earlier showed up again.

"Lets go." Rick said calmly as we got into the car. I felt bad for him but he was honestly better out here then stuck in the mud like we were. Literally and metaphorically. Michonne revved the engine and we got out of the mud.

We kept driving until we made it to a place called king county. Rick seemed to know exactly where we were going. "Been here before?" I asked looking at him.

"We used to live here." He replied. We got to the sheriff station and walked in. "This is where I worked." He said as we went in to find the whole place looted completely.

"Any other stations in town?" Michonne asked picking up a empty bullet.

"No this was it. It wasn't a big town." Rick said scratching the back of his head. "We could look at the local bar. They had some guns under the counter that only I knew about. There won't be as much as there was here but-"

"We need as much as was here." She responded. "Same with ammo too." She replied.

"They might still be there. Do you have a problem with that approach?" Rick asked Michonne as I looked up to him confused by the sudden sass.

"No Rick. I don't have a problem." Michonne answers with no sass whatsoever. It was almost worse then usual, but it was calm on the surface. She handed him a dead bullet before she walked out. I looked from Rick to Carl and then I left.

They both followed soon after and we walked into town. There were arrows leading us in but we didn't know what they were. We got closer and saw the town area covered in spikes. Things like "just listen" and "go away asshole" were written on the walls around us.

"It looks like someone already made this theirs." Michonne said as I saw a rat squealing in a cage. It was like the person wanted walkers to show up.

"Doesn't mean they found what we're looking for." Rick responded as we kept walking. "Couple of the places are just up ahead. Let's get in and get the hell out of here."

I took my knife out of my holder just in case there were in surprises in the various spear ingested cars. I heard a muncher behind us and Michonne got ready to get it.

"Wait." Rick stopped her. "She'll get caught." We watched the muncher get caught by the green string we just walked under. As soon as she did there was a gunshot. We turned to see a man atop a building with a rifle.

"Hands!" He yelled as we all put our hands up, each of us with our weapons in hand. "Now you drop what you got and you go!" He yelled. "Your guns your shoes and that sword. All of it 10 seconds!"

"Carl, Lyla Rose, run to the car now." Rick said as we both looked to him.

10.

"Dad." Carl said as the man counted.

"We need that rifle. I think I can get up there." Michonne said looking at the man.

7.

"Kids go." We ran away from the shots and I ran to a indented door and stood behind the inside. The man stopped counting and I saw Michonne run.

"What are you doing?" Carl asked me seeming surprised that I even stayed.

"Hell, if I'll leave anyone behind." I said looking to him as he stood next to me. I watched Rick move from place to place. The gunfire stopped.

"He's moving." I said quietly watching the man leave. "He could come from anywhere."

All the sudden we heard a door slam open. Carl looked over. "I see him." He said looking at his gun as he cocked it. He walked out and shot him in the lower stomach. I saw him fall and I walked from behind it too.

I walked over to Michonne, past the unconscious man on the ground. "You good?" I asked her as she nodded.

"You okay?" Rick asked looking to Carl. Carl seemed completely fine with the fact he shot another human being. I sighed lightly.

"Yeah." He nodded.

"I told you both to head to the car." Rick said looking at us.

"No one gets left behind." I replied looking to him.

"I didn't want you to have to do that to him." Rick said looking to Carl.

"I had to." Carl responded with no hesitation. The man was about to kill his dad. It made since why he felt that way.

Rick went down to the man and knocked on his chest. "He's wearing body armor." He said looking at him as he started undoing his helmet. "He's alive"

"Do we care?" Michonne asked as Rick finished taking off his helmet.

"Yes we do." He responded as he looked at the man.

"You know em?" I asked looking at Rick.

"He's the man that saved my life." He replied as him and Michonne looked at the entrance.

Carl stood with his gun out looking at the man. "Are you sure you're okay?" I asked looking at him. He had to feel somehow.

"Yeah. I did what had to be done. If I didn't my dad would've got shot." He replied looking to me with a bit of agitation.

"Fine." I replied with a sigh. That's what I get for trying to be friendly.

"Carl, Lyla, come on. Watch the mat and the wire." Rick instructed as we did so. Carl went first. I looked around again to see if there were any others. This could've been me if I was by myself for too much longer. This man went crazy and I felt bad for him.

I walked up past the mat and the wire and went upstairs. I saw Car and walked over. In the room I saw hundreds of guns. This man had stocked up. I took off the extra bag I had and started loading up. I of course had my backpack on too with my essentials. It just had my blanket and knives but it's all I needed if we got lost.

"No. We are gonna wait for him to wake up. He thought we were strangers that's why he shot at us." Rick explained.

"No. We left him inside away from walkers. He's has a good day." Michonne replied.

"Were waiting for him to wake up. That's it." Rick answered as he turned back around.

"Have you looked at this place? The ax, the spikes, the walls?" Michonne asked looking to him.

"You think he's crazy?" Rick asked defensively.

"No. I think he's dangerous." Michonne answered quickly.

After filling it up a lot I zipped up my bag. "I know him." Rick responded.

"He wasn't like this then." Michonne added.

We're gonna wait for him to wake up." Rick said once more and that was it. He went over to the man to tie him up.

I looked around in the room we entered in. There was words written all over the place but what drew my eye was the map. I looked at it and saw a neighborhood. There was a big house over a building that was labeled 'Rick's house.' I saw Carl in the corner of my eye.

"So this is were you lived." I said looking to the rest of the map.

"Yeah. My dad said that earlier didn't he?" He asked with an undertone of sass.

"Yeah he did." I responded not wanting to get angry with him. "Sorry about your house." I replied with no emotion.

I walked away and Rick walked over and they started talking but I didn't listen. I saw Michonne rummaging through a container.

"Hey. Look at this." Michonne said as I looked to her face. She had a hint of a smile on her face. "Peanut butter crunch." She said as I looked at the cereal bar.

"Half." I said putting my hand out as she opened it and gave part of it to me. We both started to eat it.

"So now we're eating his food?" Rick asked turning around.

"The mat said welcome." Michonne shrugged as I looked to her and sighed. It was funny but it wasn't really a atmosphere to laugh in so I just keep eating.

"I'm going on a run." Carl said looking to Rick.

"Where?" He asked looking at some guns.

"I thought the one thing people didn't loot was cribs and there's that baby place that mom's friend Sara ran." He explained. "It's just around the corner."

"Carl-"

"Dad it's just around the corner. And there is all those walker traps." Carl explained.

"You'll need a box." Michonne said.

"What?"

"If you're gonna get a crib you have to get a box. It's big and heavy. You'll need help carrying the box. You are getting a crib right?"

"That's what I said." Carl answered.

"Then I'll go with him." Michonne answered.

"Me too. I'll help pick out a cute one." I replied. Carl shot me a glance and it wasn't a nice one. That's what I get for helping.

"That's the deal right there. You get into trouble you holler, okay?" Rick asked as Carl nodded and we headed out.

"You two don't have to come with me." Carl said as we walked past spikes.

"I told your dad I'd help you. That's what I'm doing." Michonne answered. She could tell he was stubborn too.

We saw a walker trying to get past a string. "We should get that." Carl said as Michonne walked ahead and I watched. She killed it and I looked to Carl and realized he was walking away.

"Where you going? Aren't you gonna wait up?" I questioned him as he walked quickly.

"I can handle myself." He responded as he kept walking and Michonne caught up.

"Doesn't mean you shouldn't wait up." I said as Michonne stopped him.

"I want to do this on my own." He replied looking to her.

"You just passed the baby place." Michonne said looking to him as he looked at the store and back to her.

"There's something else I want to get Judith first okay?" He asked looking at her before walking.

We followed behind slowly. "Are boys always like this?" I asked looking at Michonne.

"For the most part." She responded. "You get used to it when your older." I grumbled lightly.

How annoying.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

277 11 28
When Maddy and the rest of the group are forced onto there knees and threatened by this new group there leader finds a strange liking in Ricks daught...
2.1K 61 121
THIS STORY IS CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN BARE WITH ME Currently edited up to *guts**Jessamine didn't start in the apocalypse it's just what she grew u...
26.8K 1K 29
For a long time, Eden Perkins believed she wouldn't find another human being she would willingly die for - she didn't want to. The past few months of...
3 0 1
Hello, my name is Jade Benton. I want to explain everything that's going on, and this is the best way that I know how. I'm sorry if anyone you know...