The Black Wizard of RWBY

By NatsuEND16

After being defeated by his little brother Natsu, Zeref finds himself in the world of Remnant. What will he d... More

Chapter 1. A New Life
Chapter 2. The Meeting
Chapter 3. Teaching Magic
Chapter 4. Lost Magic and Dragon King's Festival
Chapter 5. Acnologia

Chapter 6. Alvarez's Construction

1.4K 17 5
By NatsuEND16

(Seven months after Zeref trained The Four Maidens)
It's been seven months since Zeref finished teaching the four sister that would come to be none as The Four Maidens and the old wizard Ozpin.

They were sad when he had to go, saying that they're have to figure out the rest on there own.

He new it'd be unlikely that they would turn into Dragons because he placed a special spell on them while they slept so they wouldn't go under the process known as Dragonification, which turn people that overuse Dragon Slayer Magic into actual Dragons.

Though he actually couldn't stop it completely, he did manage to almost completely slow it down. So even it the Dragonification did start, it most likely wouldn't be completed.

He was currently walking threw a forest, on his way to see how the construction of his new empire The Alvarez Empire, named after the original, was going.

And as he was enjoying the peace and quite of the forest, he suddenly heard the cry's of a little girl. Rushing off to find said girl, he came upon a sight of something that made his blood boil.

He saw a little girl crying her eyes out, surrounded by a pack of Biowolves and multiple Ursa. But what was really making him mad was that he saw two adults on the ground with weapons, one dead while the other was barely clinging to life still try to put up a fight despite him missing his entire left arm.

"Don't worry Serena. Daddy's going to protect you." Said the man now identified as the little girls father. Zeref had assumed that the man was her father due to the similarities in appearance. He also believed that the women over there was the girls mother. She seemed to have likely died tying to protect her family. 

"But daddy, you're hurt. Please daddy, I don't want you to get hurt too." Said Serena as she cried her eyes out. But suddenly, the man fell down coughing up lots of blood. "Damnit! I've.. lost to much blood!" He said. "Daddy!" Yelled the little girl, as she ran to her father. But she didn't see the Biowolf charging right at her from behind until it was to late. "SERENA!" Her father yelled. Having enough of this, Zeref ran in. Determined too protect the girl.

When Serena looked behind her, expecting to see a Biowolf lunging at her, but instead she saw a man dressed in black protecting her. "You have caused enough harm to these good people. Now perish." Said Zeref with his eyes now red with the black circular line surrounding the pupil. He opened up the palm of his hand and created a massive black sphere of death energy.

"Death Orb." Said Zeref as the orb flew towards the Grimm at an insane speed and burrowed a hole threw its chest, but it didn't stop there. It continued to fly towards more and more Grimm, killing them instantly. The Grimm tried anything they could think of to get away from the orb of death, but all there effects were in vane.

When all the Grimm were dead, Zeref turned towards the girl and here father who was knocking on death door with a sad look on his face. His eyes had returned towards there normal black color as he walked over to the girl and her father.

"I'm sorry Serena, but it looks like this is it. I know you're sad, but... you'll be okay. I know you will." Said the dying man as he stroked his daughters check gently. "Please daddy, I don't want you to die. I already lost mommy, I don't want to lose you too." She said as she balled her eyes out. Then she remembered something. There was someone here with them. Maybe he could save her father.

"Please you have to help him! My daddy's dying, pleases you have to save him!" Said the little girl, pleading to the Black Wizard. Zeref walked over to the man and checked his pulse. "His pulse is to weak and he's lost too much blood. I'm sorry but there's nothing I can do." Said Zeref in an apologetic tone.

The girl just cried even more at this. Her father wasn't going to make it, and there was nothing she could do about it. "Young man." Said dying man, drawing Zeref's attention. "Yes? What is it?" Asked Zeref. "Thank... you for saving... my daughter. Please... look after her." Said the man as he coughed up more blood. "There is no need to thank me. But if that is your dying wish... than I shall accept it." Said Zeref making the dying man smile before he closed his eyes for the last time while saying in a whisper. "Thank... you." He said in his dying breaths.

Seeing that her father had now died, Serena was now crying over her dads corps, pleading him to come back to her, despite knowing that it would never work.

After hours of crying, Serena now stands in front of the graves that Zeref had made for her parents, still crying. "Serena. I know it's hard to accept it, but you'll get threw this. I myself had lost my parents as well as my little brother at a young age as well, so I know what you're going threw." Said Zeref, making the little girl look up at him in shock. "Really?" She asked. "Yes, but I think I know of a way you can make sure that this doesn't happen to anyone else." Said Zeref, making the little girl look at him in shock. "Really?! How?!" She asked in excitement in wanting to know the answer.

"It's simple really. All you have to do is get stronger. And if you get stronger, than you can protect those close to you, as well as all the innocent people of the world." Said Zeref, making Serena's eyes widen from the revelation.

After hearing this, Serena got on her hands and knees and pleaded to Zeref. "Please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please will you teach me how to become stronger?!" She pleaded to him.

Zeref sweat dropped at the sight before him. Sure people have begged him to teach him before, but this was just plain ridiculous. So, giving a tired sigh, he decided to grant her request. "Sigh. Fine, I'll teach you. C'mon, we have a long journey ahead of us." Said Zeref as he started walking in the direction of his empire.

"Jurney? Wait ware are we going?" Asked Serena, curious as to ware there going. "The Alvarez Empire. It's been a while sense I was last there. The last time I was there was when the construction was still underway, but they should be threw without by now." Said Zeref, shocking the girl by ware they're going.

"Wow. I've herd of that place. They say that the Emperor usually isn't there because he likes to travel, and that it functions just fine even without him. Plus they say he goes by the name of Emperor Spriggan." Said Serena, as she thought of all the things she has heard about the Empire.

Zeref just smiled about what the girl is saying about his Empire, despite her not knowing he's the Emperor Spriggan.

Looking back at her, he finally got a good look at her. She was a young girl about seven years old with long red hair that stops at her waist. She has green eyes and wears a white blouse and brown pant and no shoes. She seemed to be in good shape, minus the few scrapes and bruises here and there.

Another thing he noticed was the potential that this girl had. She could quite possibly be one of the stronger members of the Spriggan 12. "Things are really starting to get interesting." Thought Zeref with a smirk.

(Time-skip, almost three months later)
It took them almost three months, but they finally made it to the entrance to the Alvarez Empire.

Serena was now currently sleeping on Zeref's back while he gave her a piggyback ride. Once they made it to the wall that protected Alvarez from the Hrimm that don't fly, he decided to wake her up. "Serena, I believe it's time for you to wake up. We're here." Said Zeref as he shock her slightly. "Huh? Wow." Said Serena as she looked at Alvarez as they walked through the gates to the Empire. "This is Alvarez? It's so pretty, not only that but it's way bigger than I thought." Said Serena as she gazed up upon the beautiful sight before her.

It was like a perfect combination of a city and nature. There were many trees and buildings, as well as people walking in the streets of the Empire, both humans and faunas alike. It seemed as thought that no one discriminated against one another ether.

Some of the buildings though were really big and tall, like mini skyscrapers, while some were like mentions too.

There were also many animals as well. Birds were chirping as they flew by, or sat in the trees. Animals like lemurs, cats, dogs and other animal were walking the streets too. And in the distinct was an enormous palace ware the emperor lived.

(I found it a little difficult to come up with a good description, but hopefully it turned out good. I tried my best. But if it's not good, I'm extremely sorry)

When people turned to look at who was it that entered the Empire, people started cheering and shouting in joy. "Long like the Emperor! Long live the Emperor! Long live the Emperor! We love you Lord Spriggan! Welcome back Emperor! We love you!" Yelled all the citizens of the Alvarez Empire as Zeref walked towards the palace, while Serena was shocked that the person that saved her life and was giving her a piggyback ride was the Emperor of the Alvarez Empire.

When they finally reached the palace, Zeref had already set Serena back on her feet so she could walk on her own.

"Welcome back Lord Spriggan." Said one of the guards at the entrance to the palace as they greeted the emperor. "It's good to be back. I see that the construction is completed." Said Zeref as he observed the palace, as well as the rest of the Alvarez Empire. "Well it's mostly competed. There's still some things that need to be finished, but otherwise yes it's been competed your majesty." Said the other guard at the gate. "I see. Carry-on then." Said Zeref as he walked inside the palace with Serena fallowing close behind him.

As they were walking, Serena decided to ask a question. "How come you never told me that you were Emperor Spriggan?" Asked Serena a little annoyed. "Because you didn't ask." Said Zeref in a matter of fact tone. Serena didn't seem to like that answer judging from the annoyed expression on her face.

It was silent for a little while after that before Serena decided to ask another question. "You said that you'd teach me how to become stronger remember? So when will you start teaching me?" She asked hoping that it'd be sometime soon.

Zeref seemed to think about it for a moment before answering. "Well. It depends on what type of magic you want to learn." Said Zeref, confusing Serena slightly. "Oh, I completely forgot about to tell you. You see, here in Alvarez, some of my strongest use Magic and not Aura, though they can use Aura if they want." Said Zeref, surprising Serena greatly at the fact that magic was undead real.

Getting over her shock, Serena seemed to get really excited at the fact that she was going to learn real live Magic. "You're really going to teach me magic, that's so cool!" She yelled in excitement. "Yes, though there's different types of magic, so I'm going to give you a book that explains all the different types of magic so you know what kind you want to learn." Explained Zeref, making Serena pout at the fact that she'd have to read.

(One month later)
About a month later, Serena had finished reading the book that Zeref had given her on magic, though it did take her a weak to finish because of how big it was.

She had decided to try and learn four types of magics, despite Zeref saying how difficult it would be for someone of her age, she had insisted on it because of her determination to get stronger. So Zeref said that she shoul master one magic before learning another.

The four magics she wanted to learn though, were Time Magic, Gravity Magic, Crimson Dragon Slayer Magic, and Sea King Dragon Slayer Magic.

Zeref had discovered that despite her age, she was actually really smart. She was only seven and she was as smart as your someone in there mid to late teens, which was very impressive for someone of her age.

When she read about these magics, she new of how useful they'd be in a fight. With Gravity Magic, you could immobilize your opponent by manipulating the gravity in the area and put tons of weight on top of them. With Time Magic, you could manipulate time itself, which could be very useful for a number of reasons. And lastly, is Dragon Slayer Magic. The power to slay Dragons themselves. With this you could possibly slay a Dragon, as well as consume the element you use to replenish your strength. She picked the Sea King and Crimson Dragon Slayer Magics.

Serena has made great process in learning her magic, she decided to learn the Sea King Dragon Slayer Magic first, then learn the Crimson Dragon Slayer Magic, and when she's mastered both, then she'll start learning the Time and Gravity Magic.

"That's enough for today Serena." Said Zeref as he was training Serena in a training field they were in, outside the palace. Serena stopped instantly once he said that. She put her hands on her knee's panting with sweat dripping down her body. "I'm...heh-ah-heh-ah-heh-ah-heh... exhausted." She said as she continued to pant in exhausttion.

"I'm impressed that you've last this long. Someone of your age doesn't last this long. You're a real prodigy." Said Zeref. They had just finished training with hardy any brakes. Zeref had decided that today she trains for as long as she could without taking any breaks unless necessary. And Zeref was impressed with the results to say the least.

"If she's this good at this age, then she could very-well be one of the strongest members of the Spriggan 12 when she gets older. So far, I only have Bloodman, Larcade, and E.N.D." Thought Zeref with a smirk in his face. "If I can find more people with potential like this, than Salem will really have a hard time trying to stop me. This is going better then I ever could have dreamed." Thought Zeref as things were going better then he thought they would. He honestly didn't think that Serena would be this good. All of this came like second nature to her.

Well that it. I hope you like it. I had a little trouble writing this chapter, but I think it turned out okay in the end.
Next time Chapter 7: The Spriggan 12.
Marry Christmas

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 971 28
*EDITED* Natsu Dragneel knew he was a half demon and Zeref's little brother from the start. He trained with Igneel, and also joined the Fairy Tail gu...
1.6K 10 21
A few months into Gray and Natsu's relationship, Gray starts to feel like choosing Natsu was a mistake. So, he dumps him and goes to Juvia. Devastate...
185K 4.3K 39
YN has come home from a three year S-class. her brother is Gray so it's only natural for Y/N to hate Natsu right? What happens when Y/N falls for her...
1.3K 29 7
rewrite of my previous story with different crossovers izuku has an oc brother