Seal The Deal

By silvercrxwn

Jessie Karlton, the renowned preppy Queen of prestigious Kyde Private High has to be enggaged to the King of... More

First and foremost
Prologue
1. Stepmothe-
2. Surprise Surprise
3. Bad Feelings
4. Blackmail
5. Power Hug
6. Empathy
7. Messy is never hot
8. There's always firsts for everything
9. Celebratory Night
10. Blind
11. Compassion and Gratitude
12. Landon in London
13. Burning fire
14. Rebellion
15. Dissapointedly not
16. Turning tables
17. Heights and Views
18. Sinking feeling
20. An Argument with two doses of confessions
21. Red Nightmare
22. The Park cousins
23. Two Kinds of Therapy
24. Two Kinds of Therapy Pt 2
25. I'm Sorry
26. Is This The End?
27. London
28. Warm Questions
29. The Word, Love
30. Last Goodbye
Epilogue

19. Cold Surprise

109 2 0
By silvercrxwn

"JuWen, wake up."

I felt a slight push and a warm presence beside my sore body. My eyelids fluttered open slowly as I found myself crouching at the corner of the bathroom in a hunched position, which clearly explained why my muscles were extremely tight that time.

Mrs Wong was crouched down beside me as she threw me a sympathic look before helping me up and walked me to my bedroom.

"You have school today, get ready quickly and go downstairs for your breakfast." She said before walking out of my room and shutting the door gentley.

I rushed to my bathroom to brush my teeth and take a quick shower before blow-drying my hair. I quickly put on my uniform and tied my hair into a messy ponytail, before wearing my old pair of Steve Madden boots and rushed out of my room to eat breakfast.

My breakfast consisted of my usual salad which I have grown to hate so I decided to skip breakfast and went into Jamie's car. Jamie was already waiting in her car and I noticed that the car lacked one toxic presence, Nadine.

"Don't expect me to drive the bitch to school after what she's done to us." Jamie muttered before speeding out of our house. We were unexpectedly early today, I guess Jamie decided to go early to avoid driving Nadine to school.

"How?"

"I told Mrs Wong to wake you up extra early so we can get to school early without Nadine." She explained as her eyes were strictly trained on the road.

"How will grandpa react?" I asked, horrified at what would happen if grandpa knew.

Jamie let out a loud scoff before taking a left turn and gave me a pointed look.

"I couldn't care less, after what happened yesterday, you and I know that grandpa's attentions are only on Nadine's well-being and he's ignorant about anything except for his favourite grandchild. I can't wait until grandma comes home." Jamie retorted as I nodded my head in agreement. I couldn't wait for grandma to be back, she would always at least help with steering grandpa to look at the big picture instead of just focusing on his favourite grandchild.

"Landon-

"Oh, I called him and told him that you'll be riding with me today." Jamie cut me off, she always knew what I was about to ask.

"Okay." I replied.

And the ride was full of comfortable silence and the tranquility of the chill silence never failed to ease my nerves and made me feel so much more better.

After Jamie parked her car, we went out of the car to see Landon laying beside his red Ferrari as he stared ahead to look at me with a small smile playing on his face.

"Have fun with your prince charming." Jamie rolled her eyes before walking to the direction of the school after she gave Landon a small nod.

I walked to Landon as he spread his arms and we hugged each other, not caring about showing any PDA. I had to stand on my tiptoes to hug him because of the huge height difference and his tall height made never failed to make me feel protected whenever we hugged.

"I've missed you." He whispered to my ear before breaking away.

"Me too." I smiled.

"Grandpa said he was extremely jealous of me to be able to meet your mom, basically, he's a huge fan of your mother." He told me whilst we walked sideways with our hands interwined.

"Really?" I stole a glance at him as we walked to the direction of the school's main entrance.

"He kept complaining yesterday." He chuckled and then he turned to look at me abruptly.

"Care to eat luch with me today? I found a new Italian restaurant which is always packed with people, I'm guessing the food are amazing." He asked, as he looked at me. His blue eyes never failed to made me feel at ease.

"Sorry, I can't. I'm currently sticking to eating healthy these days. Maybe next time?"

"That explains why you were never really eating in Korea." He finished.

"Yeah." I mumbled.

"Jessie, are you okay?" He stopped walking and turned to look at me suddenly, his blue eyes searching mine with full curiousity and worry.

"Of course, I'm okay." I managed to let out a forced laugh before turning my eyes away from him.

He didn't utter a single word when we walked inside the building. We parted ways like usual once we reached my locker and he walked away, this time, there were no traces of confidence or arrogance when he walked as I was sure they were blocked by his clouded thoughts and worry that his creased forehead explained it all.

James was beside me the whole period and we were left with tense silence as the teacher explained about Newton's theory. I tried to listen to the teacher's surprisingly boring lecture but the thoughts of clearing the understanding with James kept popping into my head which never failed to disturb my intentions to listen to the lectures.

"Miss Karlton, please report to the school's main office." Miss Clooney, the vice-principal of our school informed the class.

This statement broke me out of my trance as my eyes narrowed confusedly at her.

"Which one?" Mr Golding, my physics teacher asked her.

"Jessie Karlton. Sorry I forgot there are twins in this school." She replied in a clipped tone as her eyes were moving between me and Jamie.

"Jessie Karlton, please go with Miss Clooney. I'll make sure to hand your homeworks to Jamie." Mr Golding sent me a smile which I returned with a soft 'thank you' before I exited the room with all eyes, including Jamie's trained at me.

"Is something wrong?" I asked worriedly as I trailed behind the vice-principal who was walking in a brisk manner.

"Your father asked for you." She replied while we stopped at my locker for me to grab all my belongings before we began our walking journey to the school's main office with my thoughts swirling in my head in an infinite spiral. Dad was always busy with his work and usually didn't have any spare time to even attend our middle-school graduation ceremony, what made him clear his schedule for even an hour to come and get me? It had to be an extremely serious matter for him to do that because he was never that person who would willingly stop working for even a minute.

Ms Golding flashed a brilliant smile at my father who was standing inside the office in his usual Tom Ford suit and I could never miss the small hints of reds tinted on her cheeks when my father politely thanked her as he flashed her his charismatic smile.

"I think it's best if Jessie will be excused today." He announced to the vice-principal.

"Of course, Mr Karlton." She immediately responded before she got a smile from my father.

"Very well, thank you Ms Golding." He replied as the vice-principal blushed even more in an exchange.

I couldn't bear to see the situation as I averted my gaze quickly away from the principal and stared at a random painting on the wall.

We walked out of the main office in silence as my father's black mercedes was waiting outside the school's main entrance.

I went in the passenger seat before turning to look at my father with a questioning look on my face as I expressed my curiousity about his sudden appearance at my school.

"Where to? Miss?" My father looked at me with a smile on his face.

I laughed at his rare playful manner before questioning him of his extremely abnormal decisions.

"Should we go for lunch? I made an appointment at the new Italian restaurant." He asked, ignoring my question.

"I can't. I'm full." I lied although I had skipped breakfast in the morning but I wasn't in the mood to eat.

"Oh well, so where to?" He asked me, his smile unfaltered.

"Dad."

"Yes? Jessie."

"What is wrong?" I asked him.

"What do you mean?" He turned to look at me, his forehead creased perfectly expressing his confusement.

"What made you clear your schedule to come and fetch me?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him with complete curiousity.

"I thought you needed some cheering up." He nonchalantly replied as he started to drive slowly.

"Dad, I'm fine." I retorted although it tasted bitter at my tongue.

"No, You're not." He finished, his eyes never leaving the road.

"So where are we going, dad?"

He was silent for a moment.

"Dad?"

"I think it's best if you meet Dr Klayton."

And I turned to him with my eyes wide-open with shock before they narrowed into slits.

"I'm freakishly fine, dad. I didn't let Nadine's words get to me. I'm perfectly fine!" I replied, in a louder tone filled with pure annoyance.

"You sounded like you were trying to convince yourself." He retorted as he sneaked a worry look at me.

"I was convincing you." I replied, frowning as his words were slwoly making sense.

"You lied to me." He said out of the blue.

"You said you were full but Mrs Wong informed me that you skipped breakfast today." He continued, now his eyes were narrowed at me in an accusing manner making me shrink in my seat.

"That was once." I argued.

"Which could lead to the second time, then third and that'll turn into a habit." He replied.

"What made you do this?" I asked, in a soft tone.

He stopped the car before he turned to look at me as he heaved a long sigh.

"Landon."

My eyes widened in shock but I couldn't utter a single word as I was too flabbergasted to respond.

"He told me about how you are constantly avoiding to eat and it lead me to believe that it is best to send you to your psychologist to start your new session." He explained and this time, he showed his worry with his slight frown causing him to look much more older.

"You look old." I muttered suddenly, I guess I was just trying to spite him for sending me to my old psychologist.

"I'm going to go for a facial after this. I cleared my whole schedule today." He replied and rolled his eyes at me.

"I know you're telling me that as a consequence for bringing you here, Jessie." He pointed at me accusingly although his expression was not as tense.

"And you never fail to offend me but just know that it's for the best." His expression turned serious suddenly.

"And please do not blame Landon for this." He said before I was being ushered to the small clinic to meet my psychologist as one hour session of talking awaited me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 416 36
when emma goes to her uncle's place to live with him until her high school gets over she thought she could live a life without any fear and nobody t...
193K 1.9K 18
Contains bullying, non- consensual sex and foul language. Read at your own risk... and don't complain afterwards. This is a 3 book series: - Hope - B...
375K 14.9K 35
Tori Anderson is the typical shy, nerdy seventeen year old. After her parents died, she's been living in a foster home with her foster mom and the o...
291K 4.5K 24
"Come on Austin. Please delete the video!" "No way." He smirks, "That'll be too easy." "What do you want from me?" "I need you to be my fake girlfr...