I Have Decided to Protect My...

Da Rose_Valentine15

Kaede Sakamoto, just your average Japanese high school girl. She was hit by 'Truck-san' and died. Surprise... Altro

A/N
Chapter 1: I Died
Chapter 2: I Reincarnated
Chapter 3: Dinner
Chapter 4: Etiquette
Chapter 5: Music
Chapter 6: Dancing
Chapter 7: Singing
Chapter 8: Languages
Chapter 9: History
Chapter 10: Litterature
Chapter 11: Geography
Chapter 12: Fiancé
Chapter 13: Fiancé (Ren POV)
Chapter 14: The Library
Chapter 15: The Library (Ren POV)
Chapter 16: The Garden Pt. 1
Chapter 17: The Garden Pt. 2 (Ren POV)
Chapter 18: Ceremony of Magi
Chapter 19: Three Powers
Chapter 20: The Day Before
Chapter 21: Debutante Ball
Chapter 22: Engagement Ball
Chapter 23: Coronation
Chapter 24: Entrance Exam
A/N
A/N
Chapter 25: Starry Sky
Chapter 26: Preparation
Chapter 27: Master
Chapter 29: First Classes
Chapter 30: A Twisting Plot
Chapter 31: A Twisting Plot Pt. 2 (Alexander POV)
Chapter 32: Sour Mood (Ren POV)
Chapter 33: Letters
Chapter 34: Magic
Chapter 35: Signs
Chapter 36: The Attack
Chapter 37: Regret
Chapter 38: Aftermath
Chapter 39: Change
Epilogue
Afterword

Chapter 28: Quiet Goodbyes (Ren POV)

11.6K 510 69
Da Rose_Valentine15

Dear Sir Ren Hiard Aldon,

We are pleased to inform that you have been accepted to the Reinsdor Academy. Your uniform and your school emblem has been delivered to your residence. You will find a list of supplies needed and your schedule enclosed along with this letter.

You can teleport directly to the island of the Reinsdor Academy through the injection of mana into the emblem of the school. The brooch will not be reissued, so please do not lose it.

Rankings of your exam results and homeroom classes are also posted in front of the Academy, so please take a look later on. Also, you may bring your magic gems to the Academy. A holder for those have been provided in the uniform. I hope the uniform suits your tastes.

You are expected to arrive at the entrance ceremony for the new students three days from now. Please present this letter and your emblem when you enter via the gates of the academy.

Best regards,
Headmaster Riff

Once I woke up, I found this letter on my bedside table, with the uniform hung on my changing screen too. My valet, Jean, got me ready and dressed for school. It was comfortable and easy to move in. The design wasn't bad either. The blue aquamarine jewel I received from father a few years ago was put into the pouch.

As usual, I climbed down the stairs and found Father sitting at the table with a stern face. We ate breakfast in silence, as our silverware clinked against the fine tableware.

After I finished, I excused myself, washed up and walked towards the front entrance. Jean was already there with my katana and my suitcase. I bid farewell to him and a few other familiar servants who came to see me off and transported myself to the Academy.

The badge took me to the front gates of the Academy, and the guards let me in after everything was verified. I immediately saw a crowd of people gathered around a board not too far away from the school entrance. It was probably the results of the exam. I wonder how Lili did?

I shifted through the crown and checked the results quickly. Lili got tied in first and I second place in the academic exams, I got first in combat while she got fifth. Her and I got fourth and fifth place respectively in the technical exam. In the magic exam, I got third, but I could not see Lili's name anywhere. I saw Prince Alexander and the Prime Minister's son Lucas' names in the top ten of all exams as expected.

I escaped the crowd and thought about the results. I did good on the combat exam, but I needed to work on my other subjects as well...mostly technical areas. When I glanced back at the crowd, I saw a familiar spot of pink coming towards my way.

It was Lili, with her hair in a complicated braid by her side. She had a rapier on her waist and a suitcase in hand. The uniform suited her well. I could not help but smile at the sight of her.

"Good morning, Ren."

"Good morning Liliane."

We greeted each other as usual and talked a bit on small topics. I congratulated her on getting first on the academic exams with a perfect score and she congratulated me on getting first in combat.

"I was looking at the results earlier, but I didn't see your name on list for the magic exam. Was there a mistake?"

"I-"

I saw her about to respond, but a familiar and slightly hypnotic voice interrupted her.

"I'm sure it wasn't a mistake, right Liliane? You probably didn't get a good enough grade to get in the list. But I'm sure you'll get there once you work hard enough! Oh, I know! Why don't I help you with your magic studies?"

I saw the familiar girl with light brown hair. Honestly, I don't want to be involved with her as much as possible. She gives that atmosphere of those women I met with during the marriage proposals before I met Lili. Maybe even a bit more extreme than them. On top of that, for some reason, there's a mysterious force that's forcefully trying to pull my conscious towards her. It didn't feel like magic, but something much powerful.

Suddenly, Miss Clara closed the distance between her and Lili and whispered in her ear,

"I guess I win."

She stepped back, with an innocent smile on her face. I believe that she thought wouldn't hear her, but I do have very good hearing. I heard her conversation with Lili yesterday, too...even the one at the b-

"That's not exactly the case."

A raspy but strong voice came from behind, interrupting my thoughts.

"Headmaster Riff!"

Lili suddenly exclaimed. She probably met him during the exams yesterday.

"I was simply looking at the new batch of students this year. I thought I might visit you on the way as well."

"Thank you headmaster."

"About your magical exam, the instructor pleaded me that you would be trained by a master here from the start."

Lili, Miss Clara and I froze on the spot. As expected of Lili...I'm no match for her.

"But I just enrolled. I'm not sure if the masters are willing to teach me."

"Don't worry about that. You will know when the time comes."

"Alright?"

"Well, I'll be taking my leave now. You three should hurry along to the entrance ceremony."

"Thank you."

As Headmaster Riff turned around and walked away, Lili turned to Clara and said,

"I guess it's my win?"

"You..."

She was about to say something, but she glanced towards me so suddenly I could only give a look of confusion.

Clara responded quietly, and Lili whispered something in her ear, but I couldn't catch anything this time.

"Of course! I'd be happy to do that!"

Miss Clara put both her hands together and looked ecstatic about something. She greeted me and Lili goodbye and left.

"Do you want to head to the entrance ceremony?"

"Okay."

We both headed towards the large gymnasium where there were rows of chairs lined up for the students. I saw a few second and thirds years scattered around the room, observing the ceremony.

Once we both settled in, the lights dimmed and the headmaster walked up onto the stage. He gave a short speech and introduced the department heads to us. Surprisingly yet unsurprisingly, the department heads turned out to be be examiners from yesterday.

After that, the representatives for each year gave their speeches as well. Once they were over, we were given the dormitory keys and our schedules, then we were dismissed.

I was given room 904, right next to Lili's room, 905.

"Please take care of me for the next year, Ren."

"Likewise, Liliane."

We both shook hands and laughed. We carried our luggage down the stairs, towards the dormitories. When we reached the first year dormitories, the guards verified our things and let us through.

When I opened the room I would live in for the next year, I felt slightly relieved. It had a much more comforting atmosphere than that castle.

Once I unpacked my things, I grabbed my schedule, room key and coin pouch and locked the door shut.

Not long after, Lili opened the door and came out as well.

"You're going to buy your textbooks, right? I have to too."

"Yup. Then let's get going."

"Cool."

"Wait."

"What?"

"Did you lock the door?"

"Yea? Of course I did."

"Okay. That's good then."

I wonder why she asked such a question with an obvious answer?

After we left the campus, we both checked our schedules to check what classes we had. I had a similar schedule to Liliane, except two classes. I'm excited for the Magical Beast Training class. Magical Beasts interested me since I was a kid.

We both passed through the marketplace on the third level, finding a bookstore easily. All academic textbooks were sold here. We were about to buy the books, but there was a female student crouching there, blocking our path.

It seemed like Lili recognized her; she was one of the commoners that passed the exam, I think. There seemed to be a few financial problems the girl dealt with, but Lili resolved it easily. We finally bought the books and found the missing ones in the street stalls and tents. I bought some paper and a skinning dagger on top of that for classes, and it seems like Lili bought some things as well.

While we were walking back to the dormitories, we met the female student again. I think her name was...Flora? Lili gave her a fountain pen and looked very satisfied about something. Maybe this is her first girl friend? No, that would be too much of a stretch, would't it?

After we arrived at the dormitories and put away our things, Lili and I went out for a walk.

"What time is it?"

I suddenly got curious about the time since the day was still bright. Lili took out the pocket watch I gave her and replied.

"It's 7 pm."

"Already? That was fast. It's still bright though."

"It's the 4th month. The days are getting longer."

"Right."

I inched my hand over to hers and lightly took it. We walked around the second level for a while holding hands.

"*whistle* Lovebirds I see?"

A whistle broke the calm atmosphere and bring tension in the air. We let our hands go and put our hands on our swords. There was a powerful presence suddenly appeared nearby. Since when was this person here?

"Haha, don't be so tense. I won't harm you. The geezer will kill me if I do. Besides, killing such a talent would be a waste."

The mysterious voice echoed all around us, not giving any sign of where the voice originated. It was a smooth voice, probably belonging to a woman.

"You're such a cutie too."

The voice suddenly appeared beside Lili. I tried pulling out my katana, but some kind of force didn't let me move at all.

We just need to talk with the little miss for a while. Don't worry, we won't do anything that would harm her.

The woman's voice rang directly into my head...We?

"Seriously, don't be so wary. I'm not going to hurt you in any way."

"Don't you notice how big your presence is? It's giving off such a dominating pressure. No one can be relaxed in this atmosphere unless the person is at the same level of strength as you."

A gruff man's voice appeared out of nowhere.

"Oh, right. I totally forgot."

The pressure suddenly disappeared, as if it wasn't there in the first place.

"You're so insensitive to these things, Remi."

A third voice came into the conversation, presumably belonging to a young male.

"Darius!"

"Other than that, shouldn't we show ourselves to the young lady already, she must be wondering who we are."

The gruff voice speaks again.

"Right, right."

The woman, probably called Remi, responded nonchalantly giving a more distinct direction of her voice. She appeared in front of me, coming out of a tree. The man called Darius appeared from a bush behind me. An old man appeared right in front of Lili with a smile on his face. The force stopping me to pull out my katana disappeared too. I glanced at the woman and she winked at me.

"Let us introduce ourselves. I am Beech Tok, a master of earth magic."

"I am Remi Firo. A master of fire magic."

"I am Darius Brach. Master in light magic."

"""We wish to become your masters."""

Masters!? I stood there frozen, staring at Lili and the three masters.

"Um...Is it alright for me to have three masters at the same time?"

"Of course, we all decided that it would work out. I mean, you have four elements inside you right now. Earth is your major element and the other three are only accessible through your gems, but we're confident we can let you perform much more bigger spells."

The woman said in a very excited manner, but I was still in shock from the sudden news the three.

"So, what will you do? Will you accept?"

"Well, I can't possibly think of a reason not to accept your offer. I'll be in your care from now on."

Lili bowed, showing her respects to them.

"Perfect. You can go tell headmaster that you don't need to take 'Laws of Magic' anymore. We can teach you all about it. Magic will be learned solely by us. Understood?"

"Understood, Master Darius."

Master Darius froze on the spot.

"What did you just say?"

"Understood?"

"No, after that."

"Master Darius?"

"Again!"

"Master Darius?"

"Again!!"

"Master Darius!"

Lili was almost shouting at this point. I wonder if this Darius fellow was strict on master-student relations like my father. From the corner of my vision, I saw the other two master shaking their heads firmly at Lili. At least they don't seem like bad people...

Lili seemed to have discussed something with them for a while, then they parted ways. While we were walking back to the dorms, I couldn't help but let a long sigh escape.

"I really can't beat you, Lili. To think you caught the attention of three masters already...I already feel like I'm getting left behind."

You idiot...what on earth am I-

"Ow! What are you doing?!"

Lili suddenly slaps my back really hard, making me reach my hand towards it. She has a lot more power than she looks. When I turn around, trying to get an explanation from her, she's in a quite...peculiar position.

Unlike her usual posture, it looks very arrogant. One hand is placed on her hip and the other is pointing at me. A smug look plasters her face as she speaks to me. 

"I can't have you being left behind, Ren. As your fiancé and self-proclaimed best friend, I need you to be right here, beside me. That means we are equals! I have things I need to work on, you need things to work on. But, we will work together to improve. You will support me, as I will support you. That's how it works. I won't have it any other way."

She looked very satisfied with herself and grinned a bit devilishly. With a surprisingly annoying laugh, her skirt turns with a satisfying swish as she skips away without another word. 

"What's with the self-proclaimed part? I already considered you as my best friend."

I chuckle softly as I look up at the darkening night, the stars twinkling brightly and beautifully. 

I really can't help but admire you.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

32.1K 1K 38
*REWRITING* Marilyn Lanouré, a young and promising student, died a wrongful death, bringing questions that would likely remain unanswered for eternit...
171K 5.2K 41
"If I'm going to die anyway, there's no point in trying to live." A typical reincarnated into a villainess story, except the protagonist isn't your t...
19.4K 535 29
Mitsuki Takahash is a young 19-year=old girl. She moved out from her abusive home and came to America. She finally free and living her live.....but s...
1M 34.4K 63
Miki Linux, a genius at small age that no one can compare, hides her intelligence for her to not attract people with high nobility. Fortunately for h...