Never Say Die [Walking Dead F...

By xlaurynwritesx

"It's the apocalypse, what else was I supposed to do?" Lyla Rose Brooks was a normal girl before everything h... More

~<Part One>~
Chapter 1: Right Now
Chapter 2: Don't See Us
Chapter 3: They're Coming
Chapter 5: I'm Not a Drug Addict
Chapter 6: What an Asshole
Chapter 7: Okay, Sheriff
Chapter 8: How Annoying
Chapter 9: Shit
Chapter 10: Everyone Sucked
Chapter 11: It Wouldn't Last
~<Part Two>~
Chapter 12: Been Better
Chapter 13: High
Chapter 14: Not My Dad
Chapter 15: Black
Chapter 16: This Meant War
Chapter 17: Dreams Sucked
Chapter 18: Close Enough
Chapter 19: Some Fucking Cookies
Chapter 20: 1
~<Part Three>~
Chapter 21: Away
Chapter 22: A Baby
Chapter 23: Made Me Happy
Chapter 24: Should Have Fucking Said Something
Chapter 25: Life Sucked
Chapter 26: Like That
Chapter 27: Don't Mess Up
Chapter 28: Pretty Badass
Chapter 29: Real Life
Chapter 30: We'll Figure It Out
Chapter 31: Lasts Forever
Chapter 32: A Lot of Punching, A Lot of Blood
Chapter 33: A Killer
Chapter 34: Don't Need a House Fire
~<Part Four>~
Chapter 35: A Cheesy Sitcom
Chapter 36: Bonus Points
Chapter 37: Traffic of Nightmares
Chapter 38: Better Alive
Chapter 39: Couldn't Do Anything
Chapter 40: All A Lie
Chapter 41: Good and Brave and Strong
Chapter 42: Never Say Die

Chapter 4: They Were Taken

115 3 0
By xlaurynwritesx

We got to where the plane was and there were three munchers. Michonne went after two of them while I stabbed the other in the head. I looked around and wrote a tick mark on my arm.

31.

"In the trees. You stay low farther away from me straight that way. If anything happens I'll come get you." So that's what I did. I ran a few blocks that way and got in the tree. I saw Michonne and her leg was shot. She looked up and saw me. She quickly put her finger over her lips and I nodded.

"Where you at girly?" Merle said from a distance as she held her leg. He came over and they started fighting. I came out of the tree and pushed the boy on the ground. Merle was fighting a muncher and one was over Michonne. She sliced its guts and it fell on her. I went over and stabbed its head and we left.

I helped her run to where she hid her bag. On the way there was another muncher. I killed it and grabbed slit it's stomach putting the guts on my body and my hair.

"It keeps them away." I said quietly as we got to her bag. Four munchers appeared and she started taking her sword out. I looked to her and shook my head. They walked by and she looked at me surprised.

"We need to get you somewhere safe. It doesn't look like your bleeding but you're still hurt. I'll pitch up your leg." I whispered lightly. She nodded and we walked further in towards a town we were at before.

We got to a corner and looked around to see no munchers. We were about to go but we saw a truck go by. We quickly hid behind a parked car. There were two people. An Asian man and a Caucasian woman. They were obviously together because they kissed before the guy went in.

"Glenn, get the duck." The woman chuckled. She was noticeably southern. "A newborn baby growing up in a prison should have some toys." She smiled.

A baby. Wow. I looked to Michonne as she looked surprised too. She stood outside for a while before the man came back outside. Michonne was shaking a little and I was worried about her.

"We hit the powdered formula jackpot." The man smiled as he listed off the rest that they had procured. "It's a straight shot back to the prison from here. Probably make it back in time for dinner." He explained as they put the stuff in the car.

"I like the quiet. Out there you can always hear them outside the fences." The woman sighed.

"And where is it y'all good people are heading to?" Merle said from the other side. My heart raced and Michonne and I ducked lower.

"Merle?" The guy asked. Everyone seemed to know the asshole.

"Wow." Merle chuckled.

"Hey back the hell up!" The woman warned.

"Hey okay okay honey. Jesus." He yelled.

"You're alive." The Asian man, Glenn I think, said to Mere his gun still up.

"Can you tell me is my brother alive?" Merle asked looking to him. It was clear now. This Glenn did knew Andrea and he was part of the group.

"Yeah." Glenn answered. More importantly- there was more of them. I knew they must've been good people since Andrea had stayed with them, but I wondered if it was still that way since they left her behind.

"Okay you lead me back to my brother and I'll call it even. No hard feelings." He smiled. "Oh you like that? Yeah well I found myself a medical supply warehouse. Fixed it up myself." He explained. He must've been talking about his arm.

Michonne was grunting slightly. "We need to-" I started as she glared at me to be quiet.

They talked more and the. I heard a gunshot. I got up to go help them but Michonne pulled me down. I looked at her angrily. These people were trying to help a baby.

"Now were gonna go for a little drive." Merle said as they got in the car after much more threatening.

Michonne stood up and looked to me. "They have a baby! Why wouldn't you let me do anything?" I whisper yelled at her. It wasn't right.

"Well get it to em. The prison is on the map. We head there with that formula and they'll let us in. They'll help me and we'll help get there people out." She answered.

"I have what I need to help you Michonne." I answered looking at her.

"But they know Andrea. We need them to know where she is. She cared for those people." Michonne said before wincing.

I nodded and grabbed the bag they left filled with formula. "We need to go now or you'll bleed out." I told her as we started walking.

We walked for a while on the side of the road and followed it. We got to a big plot of land and it was he prison. Michonne limped down and I held onto her lightly helping her down the road. We walked slowly like the munchers.

With the basket of formula in my hand we walked there. As we got closer a man started walking towards us. He knew we were human. Good. We got to the fence next to a whole bunch of walkers and Michonne put her hand up on the fence trying not to breath to loudly. She was almost out, I could tell.

I looked to the man with the most pleasing eyes. Motioning my eyes from the formula to him every so often. Michonne grunted putting her hand on her wound. We backed up as the munchers started to notice us. They can eat is and Michonne tried as best she could to get them, but she was hurting. She fell down and I looked at her.

"Please!" I yelled as I dropped the formula and took out my knives. I stabbed all the ones around Michonne as I started hearing gunshots and other walkers fall down. I kept stabbing them until the others were to far away.

They opened the gate and I looked at them. "Drop your weapons." He warned. I put them back in my pockets and the went for the formula. "Stop moving." He warned me. I stopped and put my hands up.

"Is she bit?" An old man said behind me as I looked at Michonne. The man searched her.

"She's just shot." I answered as a boy my age ran to grab the formula.

The man nodded and picked her up. "Come with me. Carl take the girls weapons. Then being her inside." The man said as the boy nodded.

"My bag, my right boot, and my sides." I said quickly.

"What?" He asked confused.

"That's where my weapons are!" I replied. "I need to get back to her." I said as he took my stuff and I ran ahead.

"Hey wait stop!" He warned as I looked at him. "Don't run off." He said as we walked in. I saw Michonne reach for her sword. The man kicked it away.

"What's your name?" He asked Michonne as she sat up.

"Sit down." The boy instructed me as I sat. He had a sheriff's hat on. I assumed it meant because the main guy was the sheriff and he must've been his son but I could be wrong.

"Rick." Another man walked in. "Who the hell is this. He was the man Merle said left him.

"You want to tell us your name?" Rick asked again he looked to me as I kept looking at Michonne.

"Y'all come in here." The man said to the others as they walked away.

"Everything all right?" Rick asked concerned.

"You're gonna wanna see this." The man said.

"I have some gauze in my bag and some medicine. Can I see it to wrap her leg?" I asked the people, but mostly Rick.

"Give us second and we'll be able to treat it. I'll keep your stuff for now while we figure out what's going on." Michonne huffed angrily. It was just like Woodbury.

"I didn't ask for your help." Michonne said looking at them. It was hard to believe since she made us come all the way here.

"Doesn't matter." Rick shrugged. "We can't let you leave." He said as they walked out.

"Damn it." I whispered angrily.

"Watch it." She said looking to me. I rolled my eyes lightly. "The munchers almost got you out there. If you don't stop fighting it right now you'll bleed out." I warned her once again. She sighed angrily. Probably because a thirteen year old was telling her what to do and also the fact that I was right.

After a little while. The man came back inside. I made Michonne sit down a while ago and I gave her a towel they had on a shelf to cover her wound. "We will tend to your wound, give you both a little good and water and then send you on your way. First you're gonna have to tell us how you found us and why you were carrying formula." He looked from me to Michonne.

"We were walking by a building. The supplies were dropped by an Asian guy, I think his name is Glenn. He was with a girl." I answered.

"What happened?" Rick asked.

"Were they attacked?" The old man asked. He had crutches and no leg. It must've been an interesting story.

"They were taken." Michonne answered.

"Taken? By who?" Rick asked concerned.

"By the same son of a bitch who shot me." Michonne answered angrily.

"These are our people. You tell us what happened now!" Rick yelled angrily as he put his hand on Michonne's cut. I stood up and so did she. The man from earlier pointed his bow at her and the boy pointed a gun at me but I stayed standing.

"Don't you ever touch me!" Michonne warned as she looked at him.

"Don't you think it's a little unwise to mess with the people who know exactly where your people are?!" I asked angrily.

"You better start talking." Rick stated once again.

"Soon too or you'll have a much bigger problem then a gunshot wound." The redneck man said pointing his bow closer to her.

"Find him yourself." Michonne answered angrily. She wasn't scared for her life and she wasn't about to let these people stomp all over her.

"Put it down." Rick said pushing the bow down as he nodded to the boy who did the same. He would regret threatening me later.

"You came here for a reason." The man said looking at her.

"There's a town." I looked at him as he stood on front of Michonne.

"It's called Woodbury. There are about 75 survivors." She said looking at him shaking a little. I knew she had to be fixed up soon and I had a feeling she did too. "We think they've been taken there."

"A whole town?" Rick asked concerned.

"It's run by this guy who calls himself the governor. Pretty boy, charming, Jim Jones type." Michonne explained.

"He got muscle?" Rick questioned.

"Only a few military wannabes." I responded. Well, it was a few now.

"You know a way in?" He asked looking from me to her.

"The palace is secured from walkers but we could slip through." Michonne answered. I didn't think to check out the walls at all. I basically knew nothing about Woodbury other than the fact I didn't like it.

"How did you know how to get here?" Rick asked.

"They said there was a prison, what direction it was in, and that it was a straight shot." Michonne answered truthfully. It sounded kind of bad on their part for saying so much out in the open.

"This is Hershel. The father of the girl who's been taken. He'll take care of that." Rick said walking away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

572K 16.8K 126
Mary Grimes was dying after the prison attack. She would have died, if Michonne hadn't saved her when everyone else, including her father, presumed s...
50.2K 1.2K 17
You lived a simple life as a kid, you had perfect parents that would do anything for your benefit. Everything was perfect. But then... The dead sta...
11K 412 29
( negan smith x fem!oc ) ( written by @alycialcver ) Twd universe 6-11 ( started 26th feb 2024 ) cover by @tiishas
26.8K 1K 29
For a long time, Eden Perkins believed she wouldn't find another human being she would willingly die for - she didn't want to. The past few months of...