The Italian Billionaire's Lov...

Galing kay Sinaidkincaid16

She's nothing like the classy, curvaceous, leggy blondes that frequent his bed...yet something about the bedr... Higit pa

SYNOPSIS
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31:
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 9

855K 16.5K 1.4K
Galing kay Sinaidkincaid16

Reluctantly Tomas stepped away from Alina. 'So why can't you move in with me, seeing we will be married before the end of the week?'

'I have commitments,' Alina hastily walked to his car.

'And so do I cara,' he opened her door, but delayed allowing her to get in. 'The commitments will always be there, but not at night when you must be in my bed,' his lips worried at her throat.

Alina closed her eyes, tempted to linger and indulge in the caress. 'Can you get to your side of the car please?' She shoved him away.

Tomas laughed and lugged himself away. 'Soon my ring will be on your finger,' his admiring eyes dipped towards her cleavage. 'Then you will fight me no more,' he warned,' and started up the car.

That's what worried Alina as well. She could not fight him. Her body craved his touch, begged for his possession. Where was her self-respect? This arrogant bully was coercing her into marriage, using her livelihood to threaten her when her family had only her to depend on as a source of income. How could she feel anything for him, but hatred?

When she got back to the restaurant, Rocco was sulking. The news had very quickly got to him that she had been dropped off by Tomas' fancy sports car and that she'd spent the better part of the day in Tomas' company. Alina had heard the saying, if you can't handle the heat-get out of the kitchen. Wise words indeed. She stayed in her office, checking the reservations for the day and the rest of the week and inspecting Caroline's very efficient book-keeping. Alina was ecstatic at the numbers. Business was booming. A little nagging thought crept into her head that bookings had exponentially increased, since the very public announcement of her engagement to one Italian billionaire.

No doubt curiosity was bringing them in, in droves. Some hoped to catch a glimpse of the lucky restaurateur.
Lucky, ha!
Others were intrigued to sample the culinary delights prepared by the billionaire's fiancée. Alina had some confidence now to commence phase two of her business and open Cafe Emily.

'I had a surprise phone call today, would you believe,' Caroline gushed, when Alina arrived home.

'Oh,' Alina grinned. She wondered if her sister had met somebody. She had not been on a date since Matt passed away two years ago. Then again, her wheelchair condition was rather a deterrent.

'Mr. Casiraghi wants to show Emily and I the new house.'

'Oh,' Alina repeated, taken aback. That was a wonderful gesture from King Casiraghi, she had not known about it, but it thrilled her to no end, that he was reaching out to the two people in the world that mattered the most to her.

'You don't mind, do you?' Caroline asked when Alina had not spoken.

'No, of course not,' Alina sat down in front of Caroline and took her hands into her own. 'I'm very happy that Tomas is being so thoughtful.'

Alina could not wait to see the look on Emily's face when she viewed the place. It was just that she had not known when it would have been appropriate to ask Tomas, when her family could see the home he was paying for.

'He's coming to fetch us tomorrow morning,' Caroline smiled. Clearly she was very impressed with her brother-in-law to be. 'I did not tell Emily yet,' Caroline rolled her eyes. 'Otherwise we would never have gone to bed and we would be asking every five minutes, "Is Toemuz here yet?"

Alina laughed. 'I think, keep it a surprise until he gets here.'

'You look happy Alina.'

Do I?
The smile disappeared from her face. Alina studied her sister's face. It seems she was pleased that Alina was seemingly happy.

'You will adore the place,' Alina quickly changed the topic. 'It is absolutely breath-taking.'

'Does the kitchen meet with your approval?' Caroline laughed.

'Even better than any dream kitchen I envisaged,' Alina conceded.

'Wow, and you have such high standards,' Caroline laughed.

'I looked at the books today Caroline.'

'Is something wrong?' Caroline detected a nuance in Alina's tone.

'No! On the contrary, you run a very tight ship,' Alina laughed. 'Your book-keeping is impressive. I would like to expand.'

'Expand---? Did you speak to Mr. Casiraghi? I thought once you married him, you would, you know---sell the business?'

Would he object? He is a tyrant.

'Sell my business! It's my passion. I spent four years acquiring my qualification and the skills I have. Why should I stop?
Is he going to make me?
I'm not going to sit at home and look at the walls, whilst he spends fourteen hours at his office.' That last epitaph was delivered more to motivate herself.

'What are you grinning at?' Alina narrowed her eyes at her sister.

'You can be pretty determined, when you have a bee in your bonnet Alina,' Caroline patted her sister's wrists gently, 'but you need to communicate with Mr. Casiraghi, it's important in a relationship.'

Alina stood up. Caroline and Matt had, had a good relationship, but then they had been in love, something she and Tomas were not. Alina had always secretly wished she could find somebody to love, just as Caroline had loved Matt, but alas it had eluded her to date.

'That's a bit unfair I think,' Alina began pacing around, something she often did when she felt cornered. 'I mean I hardly expect Tomas to discuss his business with me or seek my counsel.'

'It's---different for a woman__.'

'Different how?' Alina interrupted her sister. 'I see tones of disparity here,' Alina accused. 'Why should a man consider it his prerogative to conquer the world, and a woman has to ---seek permission first?'

Caroline inhaled tolerantly. 'Why don't you sleep on it? Perhaps tomorrow you can give it more thought.'

No friggin way! The hell I will seek King Casiraghi's permission.

'Perhaps you are right,' Alina nodded, for sanity sake. 'Good night sis,' she kissed Caroline on the cheek. 'I'm going to take a shower and hit the sack.'

     Rocco was late when Alina arrived at the restaurant the next morning. He was always punctual. She started preparing the bread, the bread rolls and the pastry items for the day. When he arrived he could take over. It was an hour later, when Rocco burst into the kitchen, like a forceful tornado. Alina cast a cursory glance at the unshaven face, Rocco looking all embarrassed. She looked away.

Somebody did not sleep in their own bed last night.

'Mi dispiace,'...I am sorry, Rocco mumbled something about the alarm not going off.

'Please tell me you've showered at least,' Alina narrowed her eyes. All her staff knew her paranoia about hygiene and cleanliness in her kitchen.

'SÍ,' Rocco nodded, looking offended.

'I've started the baking, you can carry on. I'm goint to---.'

The telephone interrupted Alina. 'I'm going to answer that,' she pursed her lips.

'No doubt who that is,' Rocco murmured beneath his breath in Italian, but Alina heard him.

She looked over her shoulder glaringly at Rocco, wondering about the sudden addrennalin rush she felt before she picked up the phone and spoke into it.

'Alina! You have to come home quick---Emily.'

'What's wrong with Emily?' Alina felt the blood drain out of her body.
Oh God nothing can happen to my sweet Emily.

'Hurry please Alina!' Caroline sobbed.

'I'm on my way,' Alina rushed out. 'Rocco, I have to rush home, there's a problem with Emily. Take over,' she instructed.

Rocco nodded. He ran outside, gave an ear piercing whistle for a cab to stop and helped Alina in. He watched as the cab sped off. Alina looked stricken. She had only one weakness, little Emily Shepherd.

Alina prayed, Emily was all right. Whatever it was she prayed it was a temporary situation. When the cab stopped outside her flat, she was shocked to see a very fancy car there. It was not Tomas' sports car, but then perhaps he'd brought a larger vehicle to accomodate Caroline's wheelchair. She rushed inside to see a desperate looking Tomas, clearly feeling helpless and a hysterical Emily, screaming Alina's name at the top of her voice. She caught the tailend of Caroline's words to Tomas, explaining Emily's fear of being in a car.

'Emily,' Alina dropped to her knees and pulled her niece into her arms. 'It's okay puppet,' Im here,' Alina murmured soothingly.

'I'm not going in the car---I will die---just like my daddy,' she sobbed hysterically.

Caroline and Emily knew of her phobia since the accident. She walked to her nearby school. The park was across the road. The library was around the corner, so was a supermarket. Occassionaly, Emily would go in the train, but she refused getting into a vehicle. Alina and Caroline worked around her fear. More so Alina, as Caroline was in a wheelchair.

'You won't have to, I promise,' Alina lifted Emily into her arms. That promise seemed to have eased her hysteria marginally. She still clung to Alina tightly and continued to sob, quietly. Alina walked about slowly, trying to pacify Emily.

Tomas watched Alina with open admiration. She was not a mother, yet she had that natural born instinctive maternal touch. It warmed his heart immensely, before he chastised himself for his selfish thoughts when the little one was so troubled. Silently he praised his foresight in including the Shepherds in his grand scheme of plans. Now he understood more clearly Alina Brooke's obligation to her family. She was still in her signature white jacket and black trousers, clearly she had rushed here at break neck speed.

'Hi,' Alina greeted Tomas, when Emily had quietened down a bit. His mind seemed to be far away. Perhaps he was regretting making the offer to take her family to view the house.

I bet he's wondering how quickly he could escape to the safety of his office.

'Buon giorno tesoro,' Tomas reached forward and kissed Alina's cheek.

'What does that mean?' Emily lifted her head and questioned Tomas.

'He's saying "good morning,'" Alina quickly answered, not bothering to translate the tesoro bit.

'Why don't you just say "hi,"' Emily questioned, turning around in Alina's arms.

'Hi piccola,' Tomas laughed easily. Alina liked the endearing way Tomas called Emily 'little girl.'

'And what does that mean?' Emily laughed.

'If you let me carry you, so your Aunt Alina can take a seat, then I will tell you.'

You're supposed to makes excuses to leave. Don't you have meetings to attend, or whatever it is, billionaires do.

The smile disappeared of Emily's face. The weary look was back on. She looked at her aunt questioningly, as if silently asking if he could be trusted. Alina nodded infinitesimally.

'Okay,' Emily cautiously extended her arms toward Tomas.

Tomas lifted Emily into his arms, then proceeded to indicate to Alina to sit. She didn't want to. She preferred to stand, but she supposed, he would continue to stand, as long as she did. Alina sunk into the sofa. Tomas promptly lowered himself next to Alina on the tiny sofa. His overpowering presence dwarfed their tiny lounge. Tomas was so close, she could feel his body heat, get a whiff of his signature cologne stirring her senses. She could vaguely hear Tomas explain what "piccola" meant.

'You feeling better Emelia?' Tomas gently adjusted Emily's tiny legs over Alina's thighs. She wanted to scream when his hand bushed over her thigh. She dared to look at Tomas, but his attention was focused on Emily. His accidental touch was only to make Emily more comfortable.

'Why didn't you tell me you are not comfortable to go in a motor car?' Tomas smiled at Emily, playing with her tiny plaits of hair. Emily shrugged. She copied Tomas and began curiously running her fingers at the ends of his silky black hair. Alina watched with fascination. She longed to join Emily's party.

'Would you like some coffee?' Alina jumped up.

Tomas looked across in surprise and smiled, as if he forgot he and Emily had company.

'I'd love some thank you cara.'

Alina's cheeks flushed, she silently cringed, hoping Emily was not going to ask for a translation.

'Mr. Casiraghi, perhaps after coffee, you may want to reschedule the planned trip,' Caroline offered him an escape route. Alina stopped halfway to the kitchen, to hear his response.

'I have the morning off Caroline,' Tomas gave her a charming smile. Alina felt weak in her knees witnessing that smile. Lucky for Caroline she was already seated. 'And we are almost family now, so call me Tomas.'

'Toe-muz.'

Alina grinned at the way Emily emphasized his name.

'Yes piccola.'

'Does the train stop near the house?'

Alina shut her eyes. Why had she not taken that into consideration? Because you were too busy enjoying the intimacy with Tomas, that's why. She knew the train station was quite a distance from that street. One would need some other form of road transport to get from the station to that home. They would have to look for another home now, one that was a walking distance to the station. She strained her ear, trying to hear Tomas' response.

'No piccola, but if I drive very, very, very slow, will you trust me?'

Tomas' tone was hypnotising enough to get the devil to dance to his tune.

'Yes.'

Tomas stared in shock. Though he asked, he suspected she may not agree.

'If Aunt Alina comes with me.'

The coffee cup fell from Alina's hand. It went crushing to the floor, bringing Tomas in at a speed and Caroline right behind him.

'Sorry,' she murmured, seeing the concern in both Tomas and Caroline's faces. 'It was too hot.'

'I'll sort it out,' Caroline offered to mop up. She knew Alina was just as shocked as herself at Emily consenting to going in a car with, of all people Tomas.

''No you stay with Emelia,' Tomas took charge. 'Alina and I will mop up,' he wheeled Caroline back into the lounge.

'Cara, you okay?' Tomas walked her to the sink and ran the cold water over her hand. He could see the skin wrinkling at her wrist.

'Yes, it's nothing,' she murmured, taking her hand away. Even with the cold water running over her skin, she was burning up. It had nothing to do with the coffee.

'You must be careful,' he murmured, pressing his lips to the inside of her wrist. She wanted to pull away, to establish some distance between them, but when she looked into his eyes she was lost.

'Kiss me cara,' he urged gruffly.

Her arms went around him, her mouth found his, their lips locked. She pressed into him, hungry to taste him. Her tongue ventured into his mouth, searching, delighting, savouring...

'Aunt Alina---Eeew!'

Alina quickly drew away. Tomas just laughed. Alina wanted to die of embarrassment.

'You didn't see that,' Alina mumbled, as Emily continued to stare at her aunt in disgust.

'This is for you,' Emily glared at Tomas as she handed him the mop.

'Is this punishment piccola?' he lifted Emily into his arms, and spun around with her.

'Stop,' she laughed, draping her little arms tightly around his neck. 'Aunt Alina, tell Toe-muz, he's making me dizzy.'

'You're making Emily dizzy,' Alina repeated, as she made Tomas more coffee.

'I guess I should do my chore,' Tomas pretended to sulk.

'And don't miss a spot!' Emily pointed an accusing finger at Tomas.

'Si signorina.'

Alina laughed softly as she watched Toma, bow, and rather efficiently mop up. Emily stood with her hands across her chest, one finger resting on her chin as she inspected the task Tomas was completing. Who would have thought Alina would have a billionaire mopping up her kitchen.

'Perhaps you should reschedule the house visit,' Alina looked at her watch. He'd easily wasted an hour already and she needed to get back to the restaurant.

Tomas did not answer immediately. He went to the bathroom, cleaned out the mop and washed his hands thoroughly. All the time, Alina wondered what his impression was of their matchbox size abode, with its second hand furniture. At least the flat was spotlessly clean.

'Can you spare another hour?' Tomas returned to the kitchen and sipped from the coffee she handed him. She couldn't really. She could not possibly expect Rocco to manage all the lunch orders by himself, though he did have three assistants. Perhaps an hour would not be too drastic. Alina made a mental note to have the second chef work a full shift on a daily basis. She can clearly see Tomas was going to be springing things on her at short notice. At some stage she was going to have to inform him, that her days were busy and that he must schedule private events when she was off duty.

'I suppose I could take an extra hour,' she replied.

'Thank you Aunt Alina,' Emily breathed a sigh of relief.

'I'll just assist Caroline into your car,' Alina stated.

'There's no need,' Tomas smiled.

'Excuse me?'

'It's a wheelchair friendly car. It has a ramp that lifts the wheelchair in.'

'I see.' She didn't really, but had seen in movies, how a passenger in a wheelchair was picked up and magically transferred from a ramp into the car.

'Let's go then,' Tomas held out his hand to Alina. She nodded and with mixed feelings allowed her hand to be laced to his.

Alina watched with fascination as Tomas pressed a button on the remote key. A ramp like surface, the width of a wheelchair projected out. Tomas guided Caroline onto it. The ramp moved in a reverse manner back into the car. Some mechanism sounded and Caroline's wheelchair was facing the front passenger seat. Wow!

Caroline was equally impressed. Generally, they had to hire a cab. Inform the cab company, it was for a wheelchair passenger, and Caroline had to be manually carried into the car and out of the car.

Tomas asked Alina if he could have Emily in the front with him. She nodded without hesitation. Alina and Caroline were dumbstruck as Emily showed no signs of fear whatsoever. He drove at a snail's pace. All the time talking to Emily, asking about her favourite colours, and what her favourite TV program was and which animated character she loved most. He deliberately mentioned one of the ugliest characters as his favourite. Emily wrinkled her face and made disgusted sounds at his poor taste.

As Alina had guessed, her sister and niece were fascinated with the property. Emily could not wait to move into her very own bedroom. Alina almost wanted to cry when Tomas had handed some brochures to Caroline for her and Emily to choose the colour schemes they wanted in their respective bedrooms. This man was taking over her family and she did not like it not one little bit. True to his word, an hour later, Tomas dropped Caroline and Alina back at the flat and took Alina to work.

'That was a marvellous gesture, thank you,' Alina acknowledged as he stopped outside the restaurant.

'It was only a pleasure cara,' Tomas got out and opened her door.

'No, I mean, you cured Emily of her phobia of getting into automobiles---and she loves the new place, so does Caroline. You are very kind.'

'I have more than enough money cara,' Alina did not realize he was walking inside with her. 'It is nothing.'

So why the hell was I threatened with higher rental costs and then coerced into marrying you?

Only when Alina saw the murderous glare Rocco directed at her, did she realize she had walked in with Tomas.
Does he have no intention of going into his office today?

'There is something I need to talk to you about,' Alina murmured, 'if you have the time now.'

'Only if you agree to have dinner with me tonight.'

'I could make you dinner here,' she offered.

'I want your company Alina, not you cooking for me, much as your culinary skills are exceptional, besides,' he smiled into her eyes, 'your staff look at me as if I am an alien.'

Alina laughed, she took the trouble to look around and true enough, all her staff were gazing at Tomas with open fascination.

'Very well,' she murmured. 'It will have to be a late dinner.'

'Okay, what did you want to talk about?' His eyes became shuttered, his face a mask. He was all business, in a flash of a second.

'Would you wait here,' she led him to her office. 'I will just be a second.'

'I thought you were going to Emily!' Rocco accused.

Alina sighed patiently. 'Tomas wanted to take Emily into the car. She started screaming blue murder.' Rocco knew about her phobia.

'The bambino is okay.'

'Yes,' Alina nodded. 'She did not elaborate that Emily was cured of her phobia. 'We're having a meeting,' Alina pointed to her office. 'I'll be out to help you in about fifteen minutes.'

Rocco nodded, she noted rather grudgingly, as he glared towards her office.

'Can I get you something to eat or drink?' Alina asked as she walked into her office.

'No thank you.'

'Please have a seat.' Alina sat down herself. 'I ---wish to discuss with you a plan I have to---expand.'

Alina waited for the explosion. She waited for him to tell her, he expected her to cut down her commitments, not to increase them. Instead, when she looked at Tomas, he seemed reflective, applying his mind, no negative energy emanating from his body whatsoever.

'You desire to do this, based on what?' Tomas invited her to motivate her plan.

Alina fiddled with the calculator on her table. 'When I first looked at this property, this plan---was the second phase I envisioned when I attained my target turnover and foot count,' she stammered.

Why the hell am I like a nervous wreck?

Tomas' eyes widened. He looked at her curiously. 'Would you allow me to see your balance sheet?'

'I have it right here,' Alina handed him the book.

He opened it and studied it critically, not uttering a word. He looked at the previous month's, orders, sales and revenue. The silence was killing Alina. Some ten minutes later, he looked up at Alina.

He's going to shoot it down.

Tomas relieved the helpless calculator from her nervous fingers. His eyes were smiling. 'So you're not just a chef? You're a strategist with a vision.'

Could that be a compliment?

'Where exactly is this expansion going to take place?'

This was good. Comments and questions were good. He was not saying no...yet.

'Let's walk outside,' Alina took Tomas to the front and pointed out the section she wanted converted.

'This area will become Cafe Emily---.'

'So it has a name already?'

Alina looked up into the sky, soaking up the midday sun. ''It's a perfect spot for an el fresco cafe,' she smiled up into the sky.

She was unaware that Tomas was gazing at her, admiring the way the sun drenched her and the way its rays deflected off her burgundy waves of glossy hair.

'Let's go back to your office,' Tomas instructed.

Alina did not like that tone. It sounded dismissive, as if he was going to thwart her plans. Tomas allowed her to precede him in, before he shut the door. Alina had her back to Tomas, waited for the hammer to fall. She did not want him looking at her when he shot down her proposal, but she was surprised when he turned her around and took her into his arms.

'I like it,' he murmured dropping a kiss on her lips.

'Really?' Her eyes lit up.

'Really,' he smiled, capturing her mouth in a teasing kiss.

She tore her lips away, 'You like the---.'

Her lips were captured again. Her sentence unfinished, she groaned against his lips and retuned his kiss. Very reluctantly Tomas drew away some moments later.

'So what do you want from me?' Tomas enquired.

'Want?' she repeated.

'The reason you wanted to discuss your expansion plan with me?' He questioned, suspecting she wanted him to finance the venture.

'Well---you own the property,' she slipped out of his arms. 'I want to know how much additional rent I have to pay to lease the space adjacent to my restaurant.'

And whether you're going to have a hernia about my increased commitments.

'That's it?' he asked distrustfully.
You don't want finance from your fiancé.

'Yes, a new lease agreement, indicating the increased letting space and expected rent.'

She is full of surprises.

'You can have it at the existing rate,' he smiled.

'Really? You're not going to extort higher rates from me?' Her eyes narrowed suspiciously.

He had the grace to look away sheepishly. Alina wondered what he was thinking. She did not like his poker face.

'No more extortion,' he smiled.

'And you're---okay with me taking on the added responsibility?'

'You mean since we're going to be married, you think the only position I want you to occupy is lying on your back for me?' he grinned.

Alina turned crimson. She had harboured preconceived ideas of him being a chauvinist.

'I am liberated in my thinking cara mia,' he drew her into his arms again. 'I do not have a problem with my wife having a career, especially one who is as passionate about her career as you are.'

He kissed her again and again and again, before he dragged himself away. 'If you don't stop me now, tesoro, I am going to take you on your office desk,' he growled.

'Good bye,' Alina opened her door and ushered him out.

        -end chapter nine-

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

811K 27.7K 42
"I'm not beautiful." She told him, hoping that he would leave her alone. He stared at her incredulously and she watched as his dark eyebrows arched i...
4K 158 32
"' Zenda, I would really appreciate if you would join me for dinner tonight, I'll have a car waiting for you outside this building or if u want outsi...
310K 12.8K 46
Sci-fi nut, blonde bombshell, and severely no filter Brooke is ready for a fresh start. Done are the days of trashy boyfriends, who couldn't find the...
623 50 26
It was a hectic day at work for sun. Sun was in her cabin ready to leave to her home , when she received a call from her boss... . . . Later in the s...