Caught Moon (COMPLETED)

By SoloarLunar

"Just because you're not my mate, doesn't stop the fact that I want you and will have you." ----- Gemma C... More

hi. again.
Prologue
It's Time
Ceremony
The Fight
A Friend
A Man on His Knees
Problematic
Punishment
Alone
Silence
The Luna
Our Run
The Heat
Mine is Yours
ClarityHowl Pack
Liar
Destiny
Caught Moon

++Besides Myself++

356 14 2
By SoloarLunar

Winter was finally here. Two weeks had passed since my heat had come and gone. All the after effects had left, and I was fully back on my feet. Everyone smiled at me as I sat on the counter, sipping my coffee contently. I stared out the window, watching white flurries swirl to the ground. From this place I could see the training grounds. The men and women shivered as they danced around in the snow.

I tried to find Cole's muscled back and dark hair, but failed. We had spent everyday together so far, and I was so happy. My wolf sang happy songs in her head. I suddenly saw Cole, his bright blue eyes flashing as him and Tommy fought against each other.

Subconsciously, my hand moved to my stomach, cradling it. I didn't know if I was pregnant or not, but I was pretty sure I was, it was my heat. I hadn't had any symptoms yet, but I was still confident. A smile graced my face as I thought about Cole and the possibility of a baby for us. I sighed, closing my eyes, content flooding my body.

My eyes opened and met Cole's gaze through the window. He was staring at me, a grin on his face. He looked gorgeous, a tight fitting black shirt on with snow fluttering down around him. I gasped when Tommy roundhouse kicked Cole's head knocking him to the ground. Several warriors burst out laughing, shaking their heads.

"Pay attention!" Tommy shouted, "stop making lovey dovey eyes at Gemma!"

I giggled. My body shook, and then coffee spilled onto my lap. I shrieked, and jumped off the counter. I grabbed a cold washcloth and pressed it up against my red thighs. The front door burst open, and Cole ran through the doorway to the kitchen. He scooped me up, and ran to the fridge, grabbing ice cubes. I squealed when he practically dumped them all on my lap.

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly, rubbing a hand across my forehead.

"I'm fine you doofus, it's just coffee," I muttered, pushing myself out of his arms.

"But I heard you shriek," he whispered, grabbing my face in his large hands. I rolled my eyes and kissed him quickly. I pulled away, and walked over to where my coffee mug sat. I drank the rest, and placed the cup into the sink.

"I need to talk to you," he said suddenly, and I felt myself stiffening, "I have a conference to go to to talk about the rogues with the other Alpha's, and I want you to stay here."
"No!" I said immediately, whirling, "I am your mate and Luna! I represent this pack as well and I am coming."

"No you're not, I will not allow you to get hurt," he snapped, when I opened my mouth, he snarled, "and that's final."

I tried to open my mouth, but he used his Alpha command on me and I couldn't argue. Hurt scorched me, and I walked out. He called after me, but I marched away and up to our room. I locked the door and sat down on the bed. I didn't cry, I just sat there, my legs crossed underneath me. I tried to think over what happened, and not get mad. He said he would never use his Alpha command on me, always give me the freedom to say what I want, but here he is commanding me around like I'm some useless rag doll.

I ran my hand through my hair, sighing. Moping wouldn't do me any good. I got up and changed, throwing on the first shirt and pair of pants that I saw. I pulled my hair up into a tight ponytail, and walked back downstairs. All the kitchen girls smiled at me as they cleaned up the dishes and counter.

I looked out the window to see Cole training again. I frowned, a small, doubtful whisper playing in my mind: will we ever be real mates?

++++

Two weeks. Two long-ass fricken weeks. That's how long Cole has been gone. In that long time I've called him once. It was getting to my head. I got annoyed at the smallest things that some she-wolves did, and nearly snapped Kierra's neck when she went against my wishes. I wasn't having any problems with anyone, and Kelly was lying low, for now.

The phone rung, and I lunged for it. Please be Cole, both me and my wolf begged as I shakily held the phone up to my ear. I took a deep breath.

"Luna Gemma speaking," I chirped.

"Luna Gemma of SilverBite?" A young girl asked.

"Yes," I murmured, closing my eyes.

"Hi, this is Oracle Grace of YellowSummer pack. I have requested your presence at the Alpha meeting," she said, her thick African accent flowing through the phone.

"What?"

"I need you to come to the Alpha meeting, but don't tell anybody you're coming. I need you to meet me near the edge of the CrownedMoon territory. I have something to tell you," Grace said quickly.

"Why? How do I know this isn't a trap?" I snapped into the phone.

She growled, "I'm an Oracle. I've seen something about you... you want to know it don't you?"

"Why can't you just tell me now?" I snorted, a frown setting on my face.

"Because the Moon Goddess won't allow it, now get your butt over here so I can tell you what I saw!" Her voice grew strict, and then she hung up. I frowned at the phone for a second, before connecting it back in.

I stood there for a second and then walked out. I stared out the window in decision, and looked towards the garage where all the cars were parked. I'd be an idiot to do this, I thought, but my own heart tugged me forward.

We can see Cole again! My wolf urged, and with a sigh I grabbed shoes and a winter coat. I pulled them on, buttoning up the jacket. My whole anatomy tingled with rebellion, just like when I was a young teen sneaking out at night to go to a human party. I didn't know how Cole would react if he saw me there. I was only going for the Oracle anyways.

I stiffened when a dreaded scent flooded over me. I turned around and came face to face with the brown-eyed Indian boy. Tristan looked me up and down, and I gulped. He looked rugged and... lost. Is this my fault? My soft side wondered, I flicked my eyes over him. He looks awful skinny.

"Are you okay?" I blurted out, and his eyes widened.

He frowned, "why would you care? It's not like I'm your mate anymore."

"I care because you are a living thing just like me!" I murmured, "are you starving yourself?"

"Maybe, but it doesn't matter anyway. The faster I deteriorate and disappear the better," he snarled, pushing past me.

I reached out and gripped his forearm roughly. I glared up at him, and I shuddered in disgust when he breathed out. His breath was terrible. He tried to shake me, but now I was stronger than him.

"Tristan... you can have a happy ending too, just because you lost me... doesn't mean you need to be a mess your whole life," I said, "go to the unmated events, and find someone. Find a chosen."

He shoved me away and tore his arm from my hand. His eyes blazed bright green in fury and... sadness. He opened the door and ran out. I watched as he shifted, and disappeared into the shadowed forest. I sighed, and shook my head. I had to worry about what this Oracle had to say, not Tristan. He's a grown-up, he can take care of himself.

++++

I sped the car down the road. I was almost there, after two hours of a boring drive. I should've brought someone with me, I thought bitterly as I slowed down. Meet her by the scent-line. I watched the forest, seeing if anyone would pop out.

"Took you long enough!" A voice said. I shrieked and turned towards the window. A brown-skinned girl stood there. She was gorgeous, her skin glowed and wide gray eyes gazed at me. Her dark hair was flowing in big waves. She was the girl from my dream about the Moon Goddess.

"You-!" I said, but she cut me off with a wave of her hand.

"Park your car somewhere, unless you're trying to catch the guards' attention," she murmured, her eyes darted around. I drove the car towards the forest line, and parked it. I got out and followed her through the pine forest.

She slowly inched towards the large black iron fences that outlined CrownedMoon's territory. She ran forward and grasped the bars and then yanked on them. They swung open like any normal gate, and she ushered me through.

The minute we were through, everything changed. It was no longer winter. The pine forest stood above me. Glittering water droplets hung onto the needles, and a bright, buttery light splattered the ground around us. Pinecones, leaves, and berries littered the ground. Birds chirped happily, their song filling the air. The smell of this place... my nose wrinkled, it reeked of magic.

"How?" I asked, glancing at her, "are we still in CrownedMoon's territory?"

"Of course, have you never been here before?" Grace asked, curving one dark eyebrow.

"No..."

"Ah, well the very first werewolf King put up a magic wall around his territory so no one could see it. When winter he came... I guess you could say he'd never been very fond of it, so he brought witches – the ones who put up the barrier in the first place – and they made it so it's only fall and spring here," she explained as she led me across the territory.

"You wanted to tell me something," I inserted, stopping her.

She sighed, "Okay here we go. I had a dream, and I saw two dark shapes chasing after a little kid."

"Um, okay?"

"And that kid," she pointed at my stomach, "is yours. If you let them have your kid, then the whole entire pack will fall underneath the wrath of ice and snow. Keep her safe, stay close to your mate, and never return here, no matter how badly you have to or want to."

"Is that all?" I whispered.

She frowned as she started walked and looked over her shoulders, "your mate has war rushing towards him. I suggest you go find him now and return home. Staying here too long will doom that child, it seems beautiful here—but it's just a huge sheet covering the darkness."

She walked up to an elegant, medium-sized building. Not bothering to knock, she flung the glass double doors open. I followed her in, and watched as all seven Alphas turned towards us. Cole's blue eyes flashed as he stood up swiftly, meeting my gaze. There was no fury there, thank the Moon Goddess. Worry etched his eyes as his eyes darted between me and the Oracle.

It was only then when I could feel the odd aura floating off her. She smelled weird too... extremely clean and the smell of a night sky. I could tell everyone was feeling odd about the creature that prowled behind them. Besides Alpha Fawn, he just smirked, his yellow eyes glowing with appreciation.

"Can we leave?" I murmured to Cole, he frowned, and glanced back at the other Alphas.

"What's wrong?" He whispered, pressing his forehead to mine. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Our baby is in trouble," I said, and his eyes widened, flickering down to my stomach. It wasn't big at all, there was barely a bump there, but saying the words out loud made it real. He brushed my stomach with his hand and smiled, kissing my nose.

"We're leaving," he said, and held my hand. I met the Oracle's eyes, and with a smirk, she dipped her head. Had she said anything to him? He was so calm about this, not like the rowdy Alpha I normally saw.

Alpha Nicholas growled in disapproval but didn't stop Cole as he led me out and away. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.1K 1.1K 47
Mara rejected her mate and future Alpha, Sage, a few years ago and left the pack in bad shape. Is her return after so many years a good thing or the...
203K 5.1K 64
One Alpha, One Omega Quite the wrong mate yet it seems so right. There just no telling what can go down when an Alpha gets and Omega as a mate. Grac...
1.2M 30.2K 40
With his eyes trained on me he growls, "Unchain me." The supervisor chirps quietly, "I can't." His head swivels to her, and his fists are cle...
5.6M 179K 40
(Complete) Rae East has always cast herself off as a girl not worthy of a Mate. With a past of self-doubt and expectations of a hopeless future, her...