Taming Klaus

By RinaPov

"The sad truth about love is when it's destructive." Klaus, being his usual hybrid self, suddenly encounters... More

1. Halloween
2. Abducted
3. Paranoia
4. Vendetta
5. Cecilia
6. Conspiracy
7. Monster
8. Sacrifice
9. Awkward
10. Revenge
11. Confronted
12. Cursed
13. Funeral
14. Emptiness
15. Revelation
16. Defiance
17. Unravelled
19. Loophole
20. Ressurection
21. Haunted
22. Manifest
23. Awakened
24. Reconciliation
25. Betrayal
26. Asssemble
27. Spellbound

18. Vengeance

6K 174 36
By RinaPov

{18}

Song: 'Figure 8' by Ellie Goulding

The columns of sunlight that shone onto Lisa's face like laser beams woke her up from her slumber. She rubbed her eyes, yawned and stretched across her bed, toppling over some pillows and stuff that was on her bed onto the carpet. She rolled off the edge and sat there, breathing deeply. What on earth has her life become? There was no such thing as normal anymore. She had not remembered having a proper conversation with her family or friends since Caleb's funeral. Caleb. The memory still tore her up inside.

"I won't ever forget you, Caleb," she whispered, absently. "I'll avenge you." She sounded determined but it was obvious that she wasn't sure what that meant. To 'avenge' his death would require doing things that segregate her from her family and friends further. Being detached to the real world and submerging into the supernatural was something she's gotten good at doing anyway. Though she still longed for her old life. Wait a minute. Did she?

Back then she was just this timid girl with straight As that spent most of her time at home reading or studying. And if she was lucky, she'd have a latte at the grill with her best friend keeping her company. Back then she was naive about the supernatural world, she was ignorant and desperate to change her introverted ways. And now look where that got her....

It was all Esther.

God, it hurt her. No. It tortured her. The mere thought of Esther being in control of everything. She never wanted things to end between her and Klaus the way it did. She knew there had to be something, because no matter what, she could never bring herself to hurt him.

Love?

Not likely.

Like?

Hmmm.

Figuring out what she really felt about him was tough enough as it is. But he eventually walked away didn't he? Especially after she said she wanted to hunt. It wasn't because she thought it was her rightful duty to become a hunter. Heck no.

It was for vengeance.

Lisa got up and walked into her bathroom. She splashed handfuls of water onto her face and slowly gazed up at her mirror. Behind her she thought she saw a dark shadow. She whipped her head around, but it turned out to be nothing. Not completely convinced, she observed the bathroom and wickedly smile.

"Esther if that's you," she said, aloud. "I'm going to hunt you down."

*

Everything has gotten extremely complex. Cecilia and Dakota had no idea what to do now that they have unravelled the mystery to Esther and The Spirits' alliance. They wanted Alyssa dead. Since she is the offspring of the first hybrid and the last descendent of the royal Labonair Pack. They fear Alyssa's existence ever since she was born, she disturbed the natural order and is a potential threat to the reign of witches. Dakota and Cecilia have fought for the child's rights for many years, but they're in another dilemma because now how are they are going to stop dozens of young vampire hunters from tracking and killing Alyssa? Their blood is toxic and undetectable.

All this time, it was Alyssa The Spirits wanted dead. But it is evident that Esther trained her little hunters to go after the Original family, mainly because she wanted them to reunite in the other side with her. The Spirits let this happen because killing the Originals meant the collapse of the vampire species, so that's a bonus for them.

Flipping through hundreds of grimoires, Cecilia and Dakota gathered that if Klaus was killed, Alyssa would not die, even if she descended from him. She's special. Powerful. And that's what makes her dangerous. Her invincibility is concerning.

"It's going to be difficult to communicate to Esther again since I drove her away in our last encounter." Cecilia muttered as she relit the candles in their hidden sanctuary. She's been down here for days.

"You must warn Klaus. It's his daughter after all." Dakota said as she grind herbs. "I will work on a summoning spell to lure Esther."

"Pfft, Esther won't fall for it, she's a witch too remember? But you're right, I better tell Niklaus. That his daughter is in danger-again."

*

"You can't possibly be serious?!?" Kol shouted at his sister, he flipped the table over and it smashed into two pieces.

"Oh, I'm serious alright- don't break that vase though, it's from Taiwan- mother is trying to kill us again!" Rebekah leaned against the door frame, watching her brother destroy the place in contempt. She had just undaggered him and filled him in on Esther's wicked plans. They should have known their mother wouldn't give up in killing them off.

"This is preposterous! She's dead! How is she still causing hovoc?!?" Kol isn't taking this very well because he is still angry at Klaus, confused about Lisa, and now irritated by his mother. Like most Original vampires, he does not want to die but he knows if someone were to eliminate them, it would be Esther.

"Kol, there's a way out of this," Rebekah reasoned. She needed to him cooperate with her. He's all she has left in terms of forming a family alliance, they need to work together. "Esther made little vampire hunters, they are similar to The Five, except apart from being superhuman, they are granted with supernatural immunity. Their biggest arsenal against us is their blood. It's toxic. It killed Finn, and it can kill us-"

"Wait, wait, that would mean Lisa's a vampire hunter," Kol immediately pieced together. "So all that evolution crap was just a theory-"

"For Christ sake, Kol. Why does everything always revolve around that human? Yes, she's a freaking vampire hunter, she got away with Finn! She was meant to infiltrate our family and take us down, one by one! Don't you dare say you have something for her!" Rebekah was blatantly annoyed at the attention Lisa keeps getting, god, if only she killed the girl when she had the chance.

Kol just ignored her.

He thought, Lisa never showed signs of her being a vampire hunter, she was completely clueless about everything. She was frightened and did what she could to live a 'normal' life, especially after her best friend's funeral. What has he missed since he'd been daggered?

Well, destroying furniture isn't going to provide him with the answers he craved. He shouldered past Rebecca, but she grabbed hold of him, hard.

"Where the hell are you going? We have a psychotic mother on the loose and you want to go after Lisa?" She said incredulously. Kol twisted out of her grasp and looked determined.

"You hate her because you're afraid a human could mean more us than you ever could. You despise her because you're jealous-" he stopped as he felt a sharp object nudge his chest.

"If you go after her, you're no longer useful to me, brother." Rebekah threatened, as she poked him with the tip of the dagger.

*

Lisa arrived at school, early. School was the only place she could count on to remain the same. The cheerleaders still cheer, the principal is still bald and the cafeteria food still sucks. Xavier had mentioned to her that they would discuss further plans at school. But she has not seen him yet.

"Hey!" She jumped. "Relax, it's just me." And there he was , Xavier in a motorbike jacket, hair windblown, approaching her. Immediately, Lisa sensed the girls crowding around to see why a gorgeously and deliciously good looking guy like Xavier would want to talk to someone like Lisa. She couldn't blame them.

"So where are we heading tonight?" Lisa asked, casually. He smiled, somewhat with pride.

"Glad to see your so eager to become a hunter. We might have to skip a few periods today to train. I would run over basic defence and attack techniques with you and then we'll see whether or not you're good enough to take on a vampire without 'seduction'." He winked. Lisa only rolled her eyes. But she was grateful. She needed Xavier to train to her, if she was going to defeat Esther, she needed experience.

She can't let him in on her secret though. He worships Esther and its obvious she has poisoned him with her ideologies, so for now, she has to pretend to be interested in killing vampires. Great...

The bell rang and Xavier walked her to class and after a linger silence, he sneakily slung his arm around her shoulders. It was an instantaneous reaction. The people in the corridors stopped momentarily to observe what Xavier just did. The gesture indicated that something intimate was happening between them and Lisa's cheeks flushed.

"Get your arm off me. They think we're a couple!" She hissed. He chuckled lightly. Although she thought he was hot, she didn't see him as boyfriend material. No way.

"We're going to be spending a lot of time together, so might as well make it seem like we're going out." He pointed out.

"Oh so you want them to think we're skipping classes today to hook up?" Lisa shot back angrily.

"Unless you want to tell them the truth. I mean I'm down for it, if you want to go ahead and say your training to become a vampire hunter."

Lisa shut up.

"I hate you." She muttered.

*

Lisa and Xavier trained in an abandoned warehouse. She was surprised how well she did in blocking in defence, Xavier commented on her cat-like reflexes and agility. He was impressed she caught on well. He knew Esther would be so proud. They were at this for a full three hours, stopping for two minute intervals for water and bathroom breaks.

"You're getting better and better each time." Xavier smiled. He had a nice smile.

"It's not hard to aim a punch when you're imagining your enemies face on the target." Lisa replied.

"I would hate to get on your bad side."

Soon punching bags were cleared and they headed to Xavier's apartment to collect some weapons. He passed her multiple syringes filled with blood and it kind of grossed her out.

"How do you not get blood loss?" She commented, as she stashed them in her jacket. He chuckled.

"They're diluted with water so I could make more but the effects are the same. Any vampire who gets a shot of my blood, dies." He handed her a gun, even though they had not done any training for it. She accepted it. You just pull the trigger, right? Er, it's too risky.

"I don't want the gun." She passed it back.

"One has blood capsules, the other has wood, if you accidentally shoot a dog, it'll live." He smirked. Lisa rolled her eyes and began to suit up for tonight. They had worked out want to do. Invade a scummy bar where vampires frequent, lure them outside and then bam, they're dead. Well that's the plan.

When it started getting dark, Lisa hopped on in the back of Xavier's motorbike and they spent the next hour and a half on the road. She enjoyed the ride because it gave her so much to time to think. They haven't even neared the bar yet when they stopped to find a deer barricading the road. It was savagely clawed and Lisa almost gagged at the exposed mutilated flesh.

Xavier got off his bike first to examine it.

"Werewolves," he confirmed. Then looked around at the dark forest aligning the road. Lisa had a gut wrenching feeling. "We could go werewolf hunting tonight if you want, Lisa. Except don't use the wooden bullets, that'll be pathetic." He mused.

Lisa climbed off the bike and looked around, wearily.

"Do you reckon our blood could kill werewolves too?" She asked. Does her blood kill everything supernatural? She's curious but doesn't want to test out the theory just yet.

"Want to find out?" A shockingly familiar voice called from behind her. She gulped. Xavier had already started firing, not sure which bullets they were but the shadow moved too fast.

"Get to the bike, Lisa!" Xavier called out as he produced a machete, Lisa wondered how on earth he did that but compliantly went to the bike. She got her vervain shot ready.

Then she saw him, full view. He threw a giant log towards Xavier and it knocked him off balance.

"Klaus!" Lisa screamed.

Xavier picked himself back up, confused.

"Klaus, as in the hybrid?" He asked as Klaus stalked towards him, with furious yellow eyes and lethal sharp fangs. "I have always wanted to kill you." Xavier got out a stake and charged at Klaus, they fought in combat for a few seconds before Xavier manage to bury the stake in Klaus' back. He cried out in pain but punched Xavier in the jaw, hard.

Xavier then resorted to a syringe, he tried to strike Klaus but failed in every attempt. Getting tired of his petty games, Klaus used his speed to get behind Xavier, he grabbed Xavier's hand and whispered "maybe in the next lifetime, buddy." before he made the syringe pierce into his heart.

Xavier inhaled sharp breaths.

Lisa gasped as Xavier's body collapsed with a definite thud. Lisa rushed to the body, maybe if she called the ambulance there would still be time to save him, she pulled out the syringe with both hands and blood came rushing out. Xavier started choking.

"No, you can't die! XAVIER!" Lisa panicked, as she slapped his face to keep his eyes open. Klaus watched the entire time, dismissing the stake that was still stuck in his back. "Oh God." Lisa pressed both hands on the puncture wound but it was useless, he's loosing too much blood. She kept her eyes on his dilating ones, she was surprised how he managed to choke out a few last words.

"K-k-kill em all."

Lisa just looked at him, her eyebrows furrowed, every muscle in her body tensed. She didn't cry, she was too angry to cry.

"You killed him!" Lisa shouted. She got up, bloodied hands and all and pounded her fists on Klaus' chest. He just stood there, motionless. She kept hitting him, until she exhausted herself and was about to falter to the ground when Klaus wrapped his arms around her.

"I had to kill him," he whispered in her ear. But all Lisa could focus on was the dead deer that was lying in front her, dead as Xavier. She remembered him telling her how distraught he was to feed on a deer. "He was going insane," Klaus continued. Lisa wrapped her arms around him too, and they were closer than they've ever been. "He was going to use you as bait at the bar." Her hand crept down his back. "He was going to lure me out by using you." And her hand brushed over the wooden stake. "There's more I have to tell you, much more," she held on the wooden end with both hands and in one brutal force, she pushed the stake into Klaus' back further until it pierced out of his stomach, and poked hers.

Klaus froze in shock.

"Lisa..."

Then she pulled the stake out entirely, and Klaus's cries were choked up in his throat. The wound began to heal, but the pain was still there. She still had her arms wrapped around him for support.

"That was for Xavier," she muttered. Then she buried her face into his neck and breathed heavily. "Why don't you just kill me too?" She asked him. She was emotionally exhausted and just wanted it all to end. He stiffened. He could if he wanted to. She could if she wanted to. She had syringes in her pocket filled with Xavier's blood.

"I can't kill you without killing myself." Was all he said.

-----------------------------------

A/N

Bittersweet ending ! But I hoped you liked it, please don't be a silent reader, vote and comment and fan if you really enjoy this story, it would mean the world to me x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

647K 16.8K 75
"You feel no remorse do you? You don't feel remorse for the people you've hurt, the people you've killed. They're just things to you." "That's not tr...
10.6K 470 29
Danielle Rodriguez has been playing house with her boyfriend, Klaus Mikaelson, and his daughter hope for the past six months. However, the peacefully...
ꜱɴᴏᴡ By qx

Fanfiction

19.8K 838 8
ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴋᴀᴍᴀʀɪ ᴀʀɪᴇɴ ꜱɴᴏᴡ ʜᴀᴅ ᴍᴏᴠᴇᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴡɴ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏꜱᴛɪᴄ ꜰᴀʟʟꜱ ᴏʀ ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ꜱᴛʀᴜᴄᴋ ʙʏ ʜᴇʀ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʜᴇʀ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛʏ !DIS...
348K 8.1K 60
Samantha returns back to Mystic Falls to help her sister after her parents death. Unexpected, mysterious things started happening in the tiny town. S...