The Black Wizard of RWBY

By NatsuEND16

After being defeated by his little brother Natsu, Zeref finds himself in the world of Remnant. What will he d... More

Chapter 1. A New Life
Chapter 2. The Meeting
Chapter 3. Teaching Magic
Chapter 5. Acnologia
Chapter 6. Alvarez's Construction

Chapter 4. Lost Magic and Dragon King's Festival

1.7K 19 1
By NatsuEND16

It was the middle of the day and it was finally time for Zeref to teach them the Lost Magic he had promised. The four sisters were standing not to far away from him, while the old man, Ozpin was standing off to the side observing them.

"Today I shall teach you Four a form of Lost Magic called Dragon Slayer Magic. It's a magic that allows the user to take on all the qualities of a Dragon. Though this doesn't necessarily mean you could slay one if you encountered one, because Dragons are extremely powerful creatures with unimaginable power, and should never be underestimated." Said Zeref. The girls were excited by this, and judging from what he said, they could tell that it's really powerful. But when he said that last part, they could tell that he was being dead serious.

"So you're saying that Dragons are real? Then how come no ones ever seen them?" Said Ozpin. When they heard this, the girls turned to Zeref excepting an explanation.

"You see, around nine hundred years ago, not long after I got my immortality, the Dragons ruled the world, they flew threw the skys, swam in the seas, and raced over the lands, but a war broke out between the Dragons that wanted to coexist with humanity, and the Dragons that wanted to enslave humanity and use them as food." Said Zeref. Ozpin and the others were shocked by this news, before a thought struck them.

"But wait? What happened to the Dragons, if there was a war, then who won?" Asked Winter. "Yeah! Tell us! We wanna know now!" Said Spring. "Patience. I was getting to that. Now? Ware was I? Oh yes. Now I remember." Said Zeref.

"The war between Dragon kind was long and hard, until it was almost certain that the Dragons that wanted to enslave humanity were going to win, until the Dragons that wanted coexistence did something that doomed all of Dragon kind." Said Zeref.

"Well? What did they do? C'mon. Tell us already." Wined Spring. "If you keep interrupting like that, then I stop telling you the story and you'll never know what happened." Said Zeref, annoyed by the constant in eruption.

"Sorry." She said embarrassed. "It's fine. Just please don't do it again." Said Zeref, still a little annoyed.

"Anyway. Those Dragons blessed humanity with their powers, thus creating Dragon Slayer Magic. And the enemy Dragons were easily overwhelmed by the Dragon Slayer's overwhelming strength, until the Dragon Slayers became so powerful that some of them betrayed the Dragons that gave them their power and started killing Dragons regardless if they were friend or foe." Said Zeref.

"Wow." Said Winter. "Yeah. That's unbelievable." Said Summer. "Incredible. Said Ozpin. Spring and Fall were at a loss for words. They didn't even know what to say.

"But."

They all turned their attention back towards Zeref, so they could hear the rest of the story.

"But the man who lead the charges power was so terrifying, he had no remorse for any who stood in his way. He slayed any and all Dragons and Dragon Slayers that got in his path, regardless of elegance. He purposely went out of his way to kill any and all Dragons he could find and bathed both himself and the countryside in the blood of all those he killed. Then one day his teeth became fangs, his skin scales, and he stopped being human all together." Said Zeref.

"Are you saying that he turned into a Dragon?" Asked a frightened Winter. The others were so scared that they were practically shaking. Even Ozpin was showing slight signs of fear as well.

"Yes. Despite his human origins, he became the King of all Dragons. And the war he gave rise to, became known as the Dragon King Festival. His name, was Acnologia. One a human, now a Dragon, cloaked in Wings of Darkness." Said Zeref.

Now all four girls were huddled together shaking in fear. Though Ozpin was showing signs of fear as well, he hid it so no one would notice. Thought, he couldn't hide it from Zeref himself.

"Don't worry, Acnologia died a long time ago. Five hundred years to be exact. So you have nothing to worry about." Said Zeref, amused by their fear just from him telling them about the history of Dragon Slayer Magic.

Hours latter after they had calmed down Zeref proceeded to teach them about Dragon Slayer Magic, such as how to use it, that they could consume their own elements to recharge their Magical powers and so forth.

"Good work. You're all getting the hang of it. At this rate, you may just yet master the basics of your own Dragon Slayer Magic. Though you each still have a long way to go before truly mastering it." Said Zeref.

They were glad that they were doing as good as they were, but they wanted to get stronger. "Hey Zeref?" Said Fall, getting the Black Wizards attention onto her. "Yes. What is it?" He asked. "Is there any way we could get stronger quicker?" She said.

Zeref just looked at her and frowned. "Fall, there are no short cuts to getting stronger. In order to become stronger, you must first start from the very bottom and be weak. Everyone that you meet that's strong, has always started off weak, no matter how strong they are. If you wish to be strong, then you must first work for it. They are no short cuts and no exceptions. Understand?" He said.

"Yeah I get that part, but what I mean is that, what if we're facing a foe that's like dozens of times stronger than us, and we're not strong enough to beat them?" She asked. "Oh. I see. I'm sorry for miss interpreting your question." He said in an apologetic tone.

"Know. It's cool. I could have worded that differently." She said. "Now to answer your question, well I suppose that the best way to quickly get stronger in battle, other than eating your own element, is to use Drive, or the Dragon Force." Said Zeref in a thinking position.

Fall just looked at him dumbly, like he had grown a second head before saying "Huh? Drive and? Dragon Force?" She asked. Winter, Spring, and Summer had stopped what they were doing to see ware this was going. Ozpin had also stopped what he was doing as well to see what Zeref's answer would be. He was also quite curious as to what this Dragon Force and Drive were to.

"Well... Drive is a Dragon Slayer ability, its a type of Magic-amplification ability used by some Dragon Slayers that brings out their true power and capabilities as a user of Dragon Slayer Magic, excluding the power boost granted by the Dragon Force, yet, at the same time, it seemingly enhancing the user's physical prowess to a degree, particularly the user's speed." Explained Zeref.

The others were surprised to hear this. They already knew a grate deal about Dragon Slayer Magic thanks to what Zeref had taught them. Now they learn that it has power amplifiers as well. "Just how powerful is this magic." They all thought to themselves.

"Now Dragon Force is an advanced Dragon Slayer ability. When a Dragon Slayer enters Dragon Force, they effectively turn into a humanoid Dragon, gaining reptilian scales and traits, such as further elongated, and sharper, canines and scale-like patterns on their skin. It's said that Dragon Force is the final, most powerful state a Dragon Slayer can attain; granting them the power comparable to that which a real Dragon possesses: the power to utterly destroy anything and everything." Said Zeref.

"Dragon Force greatly increases the damage done by standard Dragon Slayer spells, and grants the user access to more advanced, powerful attacks as well. It also drastically enhances the user's physical prowess, speed, and considerably boosts their Magical Power as well. When it's exuded at its fullest, the Magic Power takes on a violent corporeality, likely as a result of the immense amount of Magical Power employed. For example, a Fire Dragon Slayer in Dragon Force, his flames gain the ability to burn off offending attacks, no matter how powerful they may be." Said Zeref, as he continued to explain the abilities that Dragon Force gives the user.

The others were even more surprised by this. Dragon Force is incredible. To have that kind of power is insane.

"How does one attain this Dragon Force?" Asked Ozpin. Looking over to Ozpin, Zeref started to answer his question.

"Well, there are multiple known ways to achieve Dragon Force. One would be to eat very powerful magical properties, preferably something that somehow relates to the users element. Two, would be incredible anger. You see, if a Dragon Slayer gets angry enough, then they could achieve the Dragon Force, though it doesn't happen very often. Especially now that there are so little Dragon Slayers. Also through intense training, a Dragon Slayer can gain the ability to activate Dragon Force at will, but not many Dragon Slayers have managed to that ability." Said Zeref.

"Now enough talk. We need to get back to training." Said Zeref, as the others nodded and got back to their training.

But when they did, Zeref looked into the direction of what he sense he started training the girls. He looked and saw the same Grimm that Salem had sent to watch him the first time. He noticed this was a different one from yesterday though. Meaning that the one from yesterday had already went back to give Salem the information on the past couple of days, and this one was here to make sure it didn't miss anything.

So he decided to send Salem a little message just to mess with her. He mouthed the words "I hope that you've been learning quite a lot sense our last talk Salem." When the Grimm saw this, it decided that it had seen enough and went to go give its mistress the information it had gathered.

(Salem's Domain a few weeks latter)
A few days had passed since Salem had gotten the information the first Grimm she sent her, and she was quite intrigued. She had learnt so much about magic thanks to it, and now all she had to do was wait till the other one comes back to give her its information.

And speak of the devil and he shall appear. Because that Grimm or Seer, which was the name of this species of Grimm had just walked in, or rather, flew into the room she had had her conversation with Zeref in.

It flew up behind Salem, before it connected one of its tentacles to the back of her neck, transferring its memories to her. Including the message that Zeref had sent to her.

"I hope that you've been learning quite a lot sense our last talk Huh." Said Salem as she repeated the message out loud. "Yes Zeref. I have been learning quite a lot. Thanks to you. Hmm." She said.

(Unknown location)
Somewhere, deep in an abandoned wasteland, much different the the one that Salem lives in, was a tall young muscular man with dark skin, with long dark blue hair. He has green eyes with a sharp gaze, with black circles under his eyes, and light blue markings on his body. For attire, he wears a high collared black tattered cloak, which has the same markings on it as his body, sharp claws around his neck, a golden arm ring tightened around his upper arm, a sash around his waist, and black baggy tattered pants decorated the same as the rest of his clothing.

This was Acnologia. The Black Dragon from the Book of the Apocalypse.

He was currently walking through the barren wasteland, when suddenly he saw a ribbon on the ground in front of him. Picking it up, he was reminded of something that happened in the past over nine hundred years ago during the Dragon King's Festival.

(Flashback)
Acnologia was in a cave with multiple Dragons in front of him, and a little girl running in his direction to get away from the Dragons, but.

"Help. Somebody help me please!" Yelled the girl. One of the Dragons hit her with his tail, nocking her across the cave and seemingly dying.

Seeing this, Acnologia's eyes widened in rage. The Dragons just laughed and said "Heh, that little girl wasn't going to satisfy us." Said one of the Dragons.

Acnologia enraged by this, released all of his magical power, causing a dark ominous aura to surround him. "I am Acnologia, Slayer of Dragons. And I have come to this place to erase your unclean kind from the face of this planet." Announced Acnologia as he prepared to attack all the Dragons.

When he said that, all the Dragons gave a battle cry and charged towards Acnologia, excepting to defeat him easily. Oh how wrong they were.

Latter after the battle, all of the Dragons lay down on the ground, bloody and beaten. And all of them seemed to be dead.

Acnologia now standing in front of the little girl paying his respects and said "I'm sorry that I couldn't protect you." He said as he turned and walked away. "I will now slay every Dragon that draws breath!" He said as he left the cave.

Then, after Acnologia left the cave, one Dragon was desperately clinging to what little life he had left, and clawed his way to the body of the young girl. "Acnologia...." The Diamond Dragon managed to wheeze out. "I don't want to die just yet...." He continued, while chocking on his own blood, leaking from the corners of his mouth. "Not yet...." He said.

"This girl.... still lives...." He said as he was now in front of the girl who was recently presumed dead. "Girl, tell me your name. If you do, then maybe we can both make it out alive... as one..." He said to the girl. The girl opened her eyes and said her name. "Sonya..." She said before closing her eyes.

(Flashback ends)
Acnologia just continued to stare at the ribbon that was awfully similar to the one the girl wore that day, before crushing in into dust.

He just started at the road ahead with a dark smirk on his face. "What nonsense." He said before continuing to walk onwards.

As he continued onward, he started talking to seemingly no one. "You sent me here make sure that no one brings about peace to this world, so that's what I'll do. It shall know pain, suffering, death and destruction. For I am the King of all Dragons, Dragon King Acnologia. And it's all thanks to you for giving me this second chance.... Mephisto." Said Acnologia with a dark smirk as he revealed the one who brought him back from the dead, and to the world of Remnant.

And that's all. Hope you guys like it. And incase you don't know, Mephisto is short for Mephistopheles, which is the name for the Devil in the Ghost Rider. Till next time on Chapter 5. Acnologia.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2K 197 11
when Ignia was done telling natsu to get stronger and in his dragon state went back through the sky he came from to get natsu.But something was diffe...
102K 1.7K 24
After the guild accidently found out that Natsu is E.N.D. they abandoned him and threated him terribly by bullying him and even beating him. Natsu c...
186K 5.9K 30
It is a normal day at Fairy Tail and everyone is going through their normal routines while Lucy and Natsu look for a job. But what happens when they...
1.8K 49 20
Team Natsu takes on a job to protect a party against dark guilds. They think that it will be an easy job but what will happen when they find out that...