Old Friends, New Beginnings |...

Bởi mayaxwriter

PETER PARKER FANFIC **** Peter Parker has been your best friend since you were young and you both are crushe... Xem Thêm

Part 1 - Kids (Prologue)
Part 2 - Back to Queens
Part 3 - Hey Parker...
Part 4 - Just Friends...
Part 5 - Spider-Boy
Part 6 - Web Fluid
Part 7 - Night Talk
Part 8 - Homecoming Tears
Part 9 - Cloud Nine
Part 10 - Homecoming Game
Part 11 - Dinner Butterflies
Part 12 - "You look perfect tonight"
Part 13 - Airport Meetings
Part 14 - Just Leave...
Part 15 - I Missed You
Part 16 - Gemini
Part 17 - Tony Stark
Part 18 - Mind Messages
Part 19 - Elise
Part 20 - The Gift
Part 22 - Partners
Part 23 - Banks and Secrets
Part 24 - The New Guy
Part 25 - Birthday Surprises (Part 1)
Part 26 - Birthday Surprises (Part 2)
Part 27 - Questions
Part 28 - Goodbyes and Lies
Part 29 - Drunk from Love
Part 30 - Forget
Part 31 - Ember
Part 32 - Thoughts
Part 33 - Confession
Part 34 - Back Again
Part 35 - Work Lies
Part 36 - Dad
Part 37 - Dinner
Part 38 - Discovery
Part 39 - Consequences
Part 40 - Delmar's
Part 41 - Job Offer
Part 42 - Bottom Bunk
Part 43 - The Ticket
Part 44 - The Call
Part 45 - MJ
Part 46 - Explanation
Part 47 - A Walk
Part 48 - After School
Part 49 - Mom
Part 50 - Reassurance
Part 51 - Meeting
Part 52 - Hero Talks
Part 53 - Safe
Part 54 - Dress
Part 55 - The Last Night
Author's Note & Sequel Tease

Part 21 - Burns

6.1K 190 133
Bởi mayaxwriter

Thursday - 2 days before Peter and Y/N's Birthday. 

Around 3:00 AM Elise and I finished filming for Peter's birthday. We went to sleep quickly because we had school the next day. Before I knew it my alarm went off scaring both Elise and me.

I rubbed my eyes and groaned.

"Elise," I shook her.

She was refusing to get up and kept rolling over.

I decided to let her sleep because she was tired.

I got my clothes for today, a white shirt, leggings, red flannel and tennis shoes. I applied light makeup and brushed through my rat's nest of hair.

I went downstairs to grab a granola bar. I saw Peter sitting down in the kitchen with Mandy. She was talking sweetly to him, but I saw his face, something else was on his mind.

"Hey, Peter." I step into the kitchen, "What are you doing here?"

He stands up, "I need to talk to you."

"OK," I say hesitantly.

He leads me into the living room and he sits down.

"Peter you're scaring me,"

"Mr. Stark called me this morning, he needs me to go to Sweeden with him tomorrow,"

"Peter that's great!" I exclaim.

"But, I won't be back until after our birthday." He says.

My smile falls and I grow silent, "You won't be here for our first birthday together in over 3 years?" I breathe.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry. This just came up and-and it's Tony Stark-"

"Peter, it's fine. T-Trust me," I say choking on my words.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry."

"Peter," I laugh, "It's fine. Trust me, I'll be alright."

Peter hugs me and gives me a kiss on the forehead, "I promise, we'll celebrate as soon as I get back home."

Peter and I pull away from each other and I look at him in the eye, "Peter, please, just be careful. I want you to come home safe and unharmed."

"I promise I will." He says to me.

"OK, well are you taking your laptop on the trip?"

"Yeah," Peter paused. "Why?"

"Cause I'm gonna send you something on our birthday,"

"Oh, OK," Peter says.

Peter and I stare at each other for a bit, I never noticed the little wrinkles he gets by his eyes when he smiles.

I decide to play a little trick on Peter and go into his thoughts. I concentrate and focus on Peter's thoughts.

'How did I get so lucky to have her as my girlfriend. I feel so bad that I won't be here for her on her birthday.'

"I'm so lucky to have you as my boyfriend. And Peter I'll miss you, but I want you to go and be happy fighting with the Avengers."

His face turned cherry red and he couldn't speak.

"That's just what I was thinking except about you," Peter says. I shrugged and smiled, "Guess great minds think alike,"

If I tell Peter I can read minds, he'll figure out I'm Gemini, and Tony Stark told me to keep it a secret.

"Uh, we should get going, to school," Peter says.

"Oh yeah, lemme see if Elise is awake, if not she can stay home."

Peter nods and shoves his hands in his pockets while I walk upstairs.

I open the door to my room and saw Elise sitting on the bed putting her hair into a ponytail.

"Hey," She said holding a hair tie between both teeth, "Ready to go,"

I feel tears form in my eyes. my face begins to burn and my face crumples. I fall down to the ground and put my face in my hands.

Elise comes running over, "What happened?"

"Peter won't be here for our birthday." I clench my fists trying to stop crying.

"Why?" Elise asks.

I forgot that Elise didn't know that Peter was Spider-Man, "Um, because he has to go out of town with Aunt May." I say.

"But this is your first birthday together in like three years,"

"I know," I sniff, "I can't give him his gift on his birthday, I have to email it to him," I cry.

"I'm so sorry, but when he get's back you'll be so happy and we can celebrate then,"

I calm down and get up my fists still clenched.

"Just calm down, it'll be okay, I promise." She coos.

"OK," I reply. I feel my fists unclench.

Elise looks down to my palms and stutters, "U-uh Y/N, did you burn your hands this morning?"

"No," I look down at my palms. They have little burn marks that look like they were just made. I touch it and my palms are scorching hot.

"What the hell?" Elise says touching my palms too.

"Y/N! You coming?" I hear Peter call.

"U-uh, yeah I'll be right there," I call back.

"Don't mention this to Peter," I say.

Elise nods.

I made it through the day without anything weird happening. Whenever I got upset, I would clench my palms and create new burn marks on my hands. I didn't understand it and neither did Elise.

Peter, Elise, Ned and I were walking down the hallway ready to head home when Flash blocks our path.

"Excuse me, where are you lovely ladies going?" He says to me and Elise.

"Just move Flash," I reply.

"I'm not even going to get my goodbye kiss?" He asks.

"Flash, move," I repeat.

I clench my fists and try to calm down.

"Flash, just move please," Elise speaks up.

I look behind me and see Peter and Ned both looking worried.

I grab Elise's hand and push past Flash.

Once we're out the door Elise pulls her hand away from mine. "Y/N, your hand is scorching hot." She rubs her hand.

"Sorry I just needed to get away from that jerk."

Peter and Ned walk up to us.

"Hey, can I come over tonight to see you before I leave?"

"Yeah, that's fine."

Peter kisses me on the forehead and then he and Ned walk away.

"Alright, little miss 'heat miser', what's up with your hands and them burning up?" Elise asks me.

I stare at her for a minute, "I don't know. It's just I've gotten lots of burn marks on my hands and I don't know why,"

I gripped onto one of my backpack straps, "Maybe I got burned yesterday and didn't realize it?" I suggest.

"No, those burns were fresh this morning. And more appeared throughout the day." She put her hands on her hips.

"Whenever you got mad, upset, or sad, you clench your fists. Whenever you unclenched your fists new burn marks appeared." She said.

"I guess," I reply.

Elise looks at my hands and her eyes widen, "Y/N, you're burning your backpack strap!"

I look down and notice smoke coming from my hands. I remove my hands from my backpack strap and look in awe as the strap is burned and smoking.

"Elise, what is happening?" I cry.

She thinks for a moment, "I wanna try something,"

I nod.

"Clench your fists, and think about Flash and how angry he makes you. Think about Peter not being here on your birthday. Think about what Mandy did to you and Peter."

I clench my fists and let myself get really really mad and upset. I felt my face burn up while tears stream down it.

I think about everything that's made me mad or upset.

I feel my hands getting really hot and they start to burn.

I watch as Elise looks down to my hands, "Open your hands but keep thinking about what makes you mad." She instructs.

I slowly open my hands and watch as smoke comes out of them.

I stop thinking about things that make me mad, "Elise this is stupid,"

"Y/N, I'm trying to help you," She replies.

"Nothing is happening besides me getting more blisters," I groan and turn around and start to walk away.

"Fine, don't accept my help. Go run to Peter, or should I say, Penis Parker," She says.

I stop in my tracks and instantly turn around to face her, "What did you just call him?" I clench my fists.

"Penis Parker. That is a name that suits him," Elise sneers.

Without me processing or understanding what's happening, I raise my arm up and open my hands and make a throwing motion with my arm towards Elise. A red and orange ball comes out of my hand and heads towards Elise. Her eyes widen and she dodges it, falling down, and it hits the bush behind her and the bush erupts into flames.

I grab my water bottle from my backpack and pour it on the bush before anyone sees.

Elise gets up from the ground and smiles at me, "Your welcome."

I stand there shocked looking at my hands. I put my hands down and stare downwards, "For what, insulting my boyfriend?"

"Y/N, I didn't mean what I meant. I love Peter and how happy he makes you, I just needed to get you truly mad."

"Why?" I asked looking up.

"Why?!" Elise asks in disbelief, "Did we not just witness the same event. You threw a fireball thing at me! That came from your hand!"

"How did you know that was going to happen? I know you, you were always the first one out in dodgeball, you can't dodge anything to save your life so how did you know to dodge the fire?" I ask.

"Last year I did a project on fire safety, I read an article about Pyrokenisis, which is controlling and creating fire with your hands and mind,"

I nod, telling her to continue.

"There has only been one other case of someone with Pyrokenisis, and your symptoms of burn marks on your hands and burning through materials were a lot like theirs. I took a chance." She shrugged.

I stand there shocked, "You did research?" I laugh.

"Yes I did, and I happen to know that the burn marks on your hands are from you holding the fire in. This time you opened up your hands and let the fire out, but before you held it in and it burned you."

"You're a great friend Elise," I say and huge her.

"I know!" She replies.

My phone starts to ring and I pull away from Elise and pull it out of my pocket.

The caller ID says "Unknown Number" 

I click answer and say, "Hello?"

"Yes, Miss Gemini, It's Tony Stark,"

"O-Oh, yes, hi Mr. Stark,"

"I need you to come down to Avengers Tower as soon as you can, meaning now." He says. 

"OK," I reply.

"Hurry along now," He says and hangs up.

"Tony Stark called you?" Elise asks.

"Yeah," I reply. 

"What for?" She walked towards me.

"I don't know,"

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

13.2K 441 33
> Peter has friends that he has known for most of his life, people that have always been there for him, people that care for and worry about him. How...
696 42 14
→ 𝗘𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗣𝗘 , 𝙋. 𝙋𝘼𝙍𝙆𝙀𝙍 | 𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 ❝ 𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 a girl who keeps what happens a...
4.8K 97 10
⚠️ DISCONTINUED AS OF 8-29-2021⚠️ (May pick it back up later on but most likely not) You were just a normal girl who did everything with your best fr...
103K 2.9K 41
Y/N Stark... Daughter of the famous Tony Stark that everyone knows as Iron Man. Y/N hid a secret from the world. The fact that she have ability beyo...