Gone: Who am I? Who was I...

By scienceolympian

The police find a note that claims Alex murdered her own brother, which isn't true. Just before she is arres... More

Gone: Who am I? Who was I? Who will I be?
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13

Chapter 12

103 2 0
By scienceolympian

That kiss wasn’t our last for the next 2 months.  I was in the love, and everything seemed to be on top of the world.  Dante seemed to have learned from his past mistakes about over possessiveness, and didn’t go all psycho most of the time.  The few times he did he made it up to me, and it mostly involved the wolves who Nick was now allowed to see again.  Only Nick was allowed out, but I didn’t need to go outsince I was with Dante.  He was now my obsession in a good way!  I loved him, and he loved me.  For the first time in my life I loved someone more than life itself.  My original plan had been scrapped, but Luke was always careful to warn me about Dante.  At times it seemed like he was always pointing out the smallest negative things.  Like if Dante tightened his grip on my hand or if he pulled me closer.  Although it was nice to know I had an ally.

In the past few months Savannah and Nick had become more serious than Dante and I.  I was happy for them.  In my mind, Luke’s dead soul mate still picked at me and made me sad.  

I had to ask Luke about the note thing.  We were playing hangman, and Luke and Dante were writing.  Dante’s handwriting wasn’t the elegant script on the notes in the morning.  Luke’s handwriting was though.   Why was Luke leaving notes that said D? As I walked to Luke’s room I thought and questioned, but nothing seemed right.   I went to knock on his door, but I heard him talking.  Right before my hand could reach the door I pulled it back.  Not wanting to snoop I tried to walk away, but curiosity got the best of me. Quietly I sat next to the door and tried to listen.   “Everything is going well, but she’s not remembering as fast as I hoped.  I’ll have to see if I can jog her memory.  Dante doesn’t suspect a thing, and Alex doesn’t seem to be picking up on it from before.  If all goes well I should have it by next week.  End record.”  He finished.  What was he going to have?  What wasn’t I picking up on?  Suddenly, the door opened and a very angry looking Luke scowled at me.  

“What are you doing here?”  He asked angrily.  “I wanted to ask about lunch.”  I lied.  He walked towards me, and when I tried to run he grabbed both my arms and threw me over his shoulder.  I tried screaming and kicking, but all my efforts were in vain.  Dante wasn’t home, but Nick and Savanah were.  In a last desperate attempt I tried to knock a vase over with my foot.  While Luke was distracted with catching it I punched one of his fangs with all the energy I could muster.  Of course, nothing happened except for Luke getting angrier.  “Alex are you going to cooperate?”  He asked his voice dripping with venom.  “No!” I spat angrily.  “Fine then.” He said.  Before I knew what was happening  his mouth was next to my neck with his fangs only an inch away.  “Luke don- Before I could finish I felt his fangs pierce my skin.  My knees locked and I fell to the ground before I passed out.

When I woke up I was in an unfamiliar dark windowless room.  The ground felt like concrete and the walls were brick.  As my eyes tried to adjust to the darkness I realized my right arm was chained to a brick  wall.  When I tried to stand up I couldn’t due to feeling too weak.  Then, it I got an extremely horrible headache.  It was as if someone had run me over and was now using my head as drums.  Slowly, the pain began to dull, but images were flying through my head.  There were memories my childhood before, how Dante and I met, Savannah, the wolves, and finally Luke.  For a few hours all I saw were memories of my past.  Each one passed as a glimpse, but they were all in my memory now.  The last one was of Luke.  I saw him poisoning Dante’s food.  When I confronted him he threatened to kill Dante unless I gave him something.  Desperately, I tried to focus on that memory and remember what that something was.  It was just blurry after his threat.  What did he want?  As if right on cue Luke himself appeared.

Everything about him seemed so different now.  Instead of his usual hairstyle, his blonde hair was in spikes.  His whole demeanor was changed.   Normally, he would be smiling or making a joke, but now he was wearing a dark cloak and scowling at me.  The big difference now was that I was scared of him.  Suddenly, he stopped scowling and smiled like a snake.  “Hello Alex.” He greeted darkly.   “Luke please let me go.”  I begged.  “Not yet, Alex you have something you need to give me.”  He responded.  “What do you want?”  I asked.  “Don’t play dumb with me you know what I want.  To think I hadn’t thought of this sooner.  Biting you made you remember everything including the recipe.”  He said.  “I don’t know anything about a recipe.”  I told him.   “Well maybe my friend will be able to convince you.”  He said. After disappearing for a moment he reappeared with a huge snake.  “My friend won’t kill you, but you’ll be in extreme pain when he’s done.  Then I expect you’ll be ready to cooperate.”  He said while putting the snake down.  “Luke don’t do this.” I pled.  With a shake of his head he left the room. 

  Slowly the snake approached me.  Closer and closer it inched until it was only a foot away from me.  Mentally, I prepared myself for the excruciating pain that was about to come.  Before it could touch me, a white presence entered the room, and the snake was gone.   Just like that poof it was gone. Looking up at my savior I realized that it was a ghost.  She was extremely pale, and looked to be about my age. Her eyes were blue and her hair was short and black.  “Who are you?”  I asked.  The ghost looked at me and drew a heart with an L inside of it.  “Luke’s soul mate?”  I guessed.  She nodded.  “What does he want?”  I asked.  She then drew a finger across her neck.  “Dead?”  she then shook her head.  “Not dead?”  She nodded.  Not dead what was that about?  Immortality was what Luke wanted.  It was as if a ton of bricks hit my head.  Another memory came to me,  and it was me making a potion for immortality.  There was a recipe, but it was blurry so I couldn’t read it.  “What does he want with the mixture?” I asked, but she had disappeared.  

“Who were you talking to?”  Luke asked appearing out of thin air.  “Myself.”  I lied.  “Where did hugo go?” He asked.  I shrugged.  “Never mind.” He muttered.  “Luke is this really necessary? I mean you’re a vampire why do you need immortality?” I asked.  He laughed a cruel humorless laugh.  “Do you think I want to depend on other things to live?  Your potion kept us all alive for 200 years.  Dante and I were going to use this potion to create an army to take over the human world.  But, you refused to give it to us.  Dante had grown soft over the years, and forgot about our plan.  So, I took matters into my own hands.  I have to do this Alex.  See I want power ,all the power. Humans, werewolves, vampires I want to control them all. I deserve to be seen as the leader of everything.  Dante’s  in my way , but you and I could rule together.  No one could stop us.  You’d have your freedom.”  He said.  For a few seconds I could imagine it, and sadly I wanted it.  Reality came back to me then, and made me think of Nick, Savannah, and Dante.  How could I betray them this way?  Sure Dante made me very angry inside, but deep down I cared about him and even loved him.  “What do you say Alex?”  He asked.  “No!” I screamed defiantly.  

“I had expected this.  Alex if you don’t tell me the ingredient your precious Dante will be gone.  You see I told the wolves a little lie that involved their alpha.  They didn’t like it too much, so they’re on their way to have a chat with Dante.”  He said.  Horror filled through me, and fear seemed to crawl over me.  “Now what is the ingredient Alex?  My patience is wearing down very thin.”  What was I going to do?  I didn’t know this ingredient, and he’d probably know if I faked it.  Suddenly, the ghost appeared again.  Could Luke see her? Frantically, she wrote an N in the air.  N?  N? what did n said for?  “Nick” I blurted out without thinking.  “What did you say?”  Luke asked coming closer.  The ghost was now mimicking drinking something and falling to the ground.  Then it clicked.  “Wolfs bane is the ingredient.”  I declared confidently.  “Now there’s a good girl.  Too bad her soul mate is going to die.”  He stated and left.  “Luke!  Luke!”  I screamed in vain.  Leaving me alone with the ghost he had vanished.

“Luke’s soul mate person ,come back please!” I called.  A few seconds I was left alone, and with nothing better to do I reflected on how stupid I was.  Trusting Luke with every single little detail was one of the worst mistakes I made in the past, but now I made it again.  Now my everything was gone, Dante!  How could I have betrayed him like this?  I prayed that the wolves spared him and Nick would help him.  Luke’s soul mate reappeared, but she looked paler and seemed to be fading.   “Are you all right?” I asked.  She shook her head, and mimicked a finger across her neck.  Then, she pointed to the L she had drawn before.  At that moment I remembered an important piece of information Dante had told me before.  It was that if humans weren’t with their mates for a long period of time (at least 100 years) they’d die.  “I’m sorry.” I murmured.  She nodded gratefully, but started.  “Soon, I’ll probably join you.” I said morbidly.  She shook her head fiercely, and started drawing out the N again.  “Yes I know wolfs bane, but I don’t think it’ll kill a vampire.” I answered.  She shook her head, drew an N, and pulled at her hair.  Nick, hair?  Wait, Nick was a werewolf.  “Werewolf Hair!” I exclaimed.  She shushed me, but nodded.Ok, so I needed a werewolf’s hair.  “Where could I get it?” I asked her.  

Abruptly, she disappeared.  “Where can you get what?” Luke asked walking in.  “Water, I’m thirsty.” I lied.  “All in due time Alex.  First, I need to make sure you weren’t lying.” He responded.  If he went through with this everything would be ruined.  Desperately, I tugged at my pants and looked on the inside of my shirt to see if one of his hairs got stuck in my clothes during the wash.  “What are you doing?” Luke asked approaching me.  “I was checking how I looked.” I lied again still looking.  “You don’t need to worry about physical appearances with me.” He laughed.  A pebble flew across the room before he could reach me.  “What was that?” He muttered to himself.  Luke’s soul mate was giving me more time.  Right, before Luke turned back a miracle happened.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 3.5K 31
Lilly is shy and most of the time quiet.When her mother dies her father starts to drink and starts to abuse her.what will happen when she meets Alex...
314K 3.8K 41
A story about a lonely seventeen year old girl, who looses her mother and lives alone taking care of herself. One fateful night she's captured by a p...
29.4K 1K 27
All of Angel's life she has been a slave and mistreated. Her life has been filled with sadness and pain. Her mother and father were killed by rouges...
68.9K 1.6K 26
After Layla is forced on a rip across the country to visit all of the packs in the U.S.A. a lot of unexpected things happens. She meets her mate for...