200 Psychology Facts

By Emil-Bronz

Using various sources from the interwebs, I have compiled 200 of the most unusual and bizarre psychological f... More

#1
#2
#3
#4
#5
#6
#8
#9
#10
#11
#12
#13
#14
#15
#16
#17

#7

3.8K 129 23
By Emil-Bronz

-Crying – When crying from happiness the first tear will come from the right eye but if you are crying from sadness it will come from the left.

-Insomnia – The world record time without sleep is 264 hours.

-Stress Memory – A small amount of stress helps you to remember things better but a large amount hinders your memory.

-Strange Cells – Some of the cells in your visual cortex only respond to horizontal information and others only respond to vertical stimuli (Hubel & Weisel, 1959)

-Emotions – The only innate emotions are joy, acceptance, fear, surprise, sadness, disgust, anger, and anticipation. Other more complicated emotions like love and guilt are believed to be combinations of these. (Plutchik, 1980)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1M 45.2K 53
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
23K 797 63
This is a book full of poetry I wrote myself, so I ask that no one steals it. As you can tell by the cover and the name it is dark so don't complain...
626K 34.4K 40
During the years of 1971 and 1972, strange things started to happen to a little girl's family and no one could figure out why. Ruby was given a diary...
84.7K 7.7K 33
[مكتملة] (نقية تماماً من الشذوذ) حتى لو قلتُ لكَ اتركني لا تتركني... وكأنّ الحياة تستمتع وهي تشاهد من منّا يترك الآخر أولاً.... تتقاطع المواقف والظ...