Dangerously In Love (MiChaeng)

By PengMi

Highest ranking: #3 in fanfiction as of 07/08/18. She ended up broken. Not sure if she's willing to let someo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
This is not an update.
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
This is not an update.
Chapter 41
END.
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Twicelights

Chapter 15

8.5K 327 395
By PengMi

I hope this can help her out. She smiled, satisfied with the result. Then she put it down and took a shower. It's now 11pm she's too tired.

She lied down and grabbed her phone. Set her alarm for 5:30am and texted Mina. 'Good night Minari.'

Dangerously In Love [Chapter 15]

The next day, at school..

Classes started and Mina took out a new notebook she bought.

"Oh, you already bought a new one." Chaeng said.

"Yeah. I bought it yesterday." Mina replied.

Chaeng was quite hesitant, then after a few minutes she took out the notes she made for Mina and handed it to her. "Here, I thought you might need this."

"What's this?"

"A copy of my notes for all the subjects."

Mina was surprised, then she scanned through the pages. She was speechless as she looked through it.

"The handwriting, is it hard to understand?" Chaeng asked out of curiousity because Mina wasn't responding.

"It's not that, I'm just...I don't know."

"Well if you don't like it, I'll borrow from one of our classma—"

Then Mina hugged her.

"Thank you Chaeyoung-a. Not just because of this, but for everything."

Chaeng was shocked, she didn't expect this kind of reaction. She was about to hug her as well but Mina released even before she can wrap her arms around her.

"Huh? Ah don't mention it." She smiled.

So this is the reason why you slept so late last night. You sent the message around 11pm. You're such a sweet friend. Mina thought as she scan through the pages.

Then classes started. Mina used the notes that Chaeng gave her.

I wonder why she used red as the cover. Does she know it's my fav color? Or is it just a coincidence? Anyway, this is really a piece of art. It's nicely done. Mina can't get her eyes off the notes. And as she listens to the professor, she kept throwing glances at Chaeng.

*****

After lunch...

"Minari, you can go back to the classroom first. I just need to go to the arts club and submit my portfolio." Chaeng said.

"Arts club?"

"Yeah, there's a lot of clubs here that you can join. Weren't you briefed about it on your first day?"

"I think I remember Ms. Kim telling me about it but I didn't pay much attention." Mina replied.

"Oh, so you haven't been to the Building where the club's offices are located?"

"There's a building like that?"

"Aigoo. You should roam around the campus sometimes. Wanna come with me so you can see? I'll tour you." Chaeng offered.

"Yeah sure, there's still a lot of time anyway."

Then they went.

"So, what's in that portfolio?" Mina asked.

"Hmm, just some drawings and stuff. They require us to submit a new drawing every week."

"Really? I bet those are really good. You're so artistic, even the way you designed the notes are good. Can I take a look?" Mina was reaching for it then Chaeng immediately pulled it away and hid it on her back.

"No!" Chaeng replied in a defensive manner.

Mina frowned and pouted. "Wae?"

"Uh, uhm. Some of it are not finished yet and it's not that good." Chaeng replied, stuttering.

"Don't be so humble. C'mon, I want to see." Mina insisted.

"Not now. I'll show it to you once it's done, okay?"

Mina just pouted.

"I promise." Chaeng sounded sincere this time. Mina just nodded in response.

They continued walking. They passed the library and is now in the school garden.

"Woah, I didn't know about this place." Mina was amazed as she looked around, it's full of flower beds with different types of flowers and plants.

"There's even a greenhouse." She added.

"The Gardners' club made this. They help maintain this place as well. It's nice right?"

Mina nodded, still looking around the place. She stopped as she saw a flower bed full of different types of roses. She smiled as she touched the flowers.

"Be careful with the thorns." Chaeng said.

Mina just giggled. "I know." She smiled and continued. "There is no way to hold something that is truly beautiful, not without consequences. There is a reason why roses have thorns."

"The thorns defend the rose, harming only those who would steal the blossom. So he who dares not grasp the thorns should never crave the rose." Chaeng replied.

Mina was surprised with the unexpected reply. She smiled as she knew Chaeng's words has a deeper meaning.

It refers to the flaws of each individual. No one's perfect as they say, everyone has their bad side. Sometimes people tend to hide who they really are, afraid that others won't like them. Then when you're comfortable enough to show it, the reactions would differ. Others might not accept it and will just stop.

Or sometimes, people put up a front, pretending to be someone they're not, waiting for a certain person who's willing to love them despite everything.

If they can't accept who you really are, then they don't deserve you.

"You're a rose Mina. Be with someone who isn't afraid of your thorns." Chaeng added, staring straight at her in the eyes.

Mina's heart skipped as she hear those words. It sounded so sincere and flattering. Their eyes met and she quickly looked away, embarassed.

There was an awkward silence for a moment, they just continued walking. They entered the building and went straight to the arts club's office. Chaeng passed her work, talked a little and they went out.

They went to the second floor of the building for Mina to see the other clubs. They passed by the dance studio and saw some dancers dancing modern contemporary dance. They stopped and watched them.

"Do you dance?" Chaeyoung asked.

There was no response from Mina, she just kept looking at the dancers.

Then Chaeyoung continued. "You know what? Dancing is not just a showcase of art and talent. When you dance it's considered as part of who you are, a part of yourself. So you don't just dance to perform or for the audience to watch, but you dance for yourself and not for anyone else. You dance as a way to express yourself, or simply just because you want to. Same goes with other things as well, like singing or playing instruments." She said smiling while watching the dancers do their routine.

Slowly, Chaeng's smile disappeared and turned into a serious expression. "But at some point, other people just stop.  Some of them quit for their own reason, while others just grew tired of it. But I hope someday they'll find a bigger reason to go back and start over again." She glanced at Mina.

"Anyway, it's not that easy to just turn your back on something that's been part of your life right? Somehow it will feel empty, it's like losing a limb or something." Then Chaeyoung turned to Mina with a smile on her face again, the serious mood is gone.

Mina was hit with Chaeyoung's words. It felt like her words were directed to her, somehow encouraging her to go back to dancing.
But what does Chaeyoung know? They barely knew each other and they've just been friends for a few days.

Mina realized that she was right, and she kept thinking about it until she got home and fell asleep.

----------------------------

Thursday...

There's not much going on, it's quite peaceful today 'cause Nayeon has a competition she needed to attend to at another school.

During lunch, Chaeng was called to go to the teacher's office to discuss about an upcoming competition so Mina was left alone.

She went to the library to return some books. After, she proceeded to the building and passed by the dance studio and watched the dancers do their routine.

As she look at them, it feels like her body wants to dance, but it seems like something is stopping her. Frustrated, she went back to the classroom and found Chaeng sitting impatiently, waiting for her.

"Where have you been?"

"Did you wait long? Sorry. I went to the library and returned the books I borrowed." Mina replied in a sad tone.

"It's okay. But what happened to you? Are you okay? You seem troubled."

"I'm fine." Mina replied, faking a smile.

***********

The day ended and they went back home together.
Mina got a call from Jihyo, telling her that the file is ready. She asked for help with arranging the song for her project.

"Thank you so much Jihyo-ya. What would I do without you." Mina said.

"Aigoo. You don't need to exagerrate. I just added melody and my friend helped with the arrangement, not that much work. You did great with the lyrics by the way. Unfortunately I won't be able to hear you sing it on stage." Jihyo replied 

"You know I'm not a good singer, nothing to anticipate."

"But the lyrics though, it feels happy. Dedicating it to someone?"

Mina blushed. "Huh? Uh, sort of. Btw, how are you doing? You seem pretty busy this days." Trying to change the subject.

"Aigoo. Midterms are killing me and monthly assessment is next week. I'm so stressed."

"I feel you. Good thing I only have to worry about the exams and this project will be done by tomorrow." Mina said.

"Lucky you. After midterms promise me we'll meet. I missed you so much."

"Me too. I miss you badly."

"I know. Oh btw, how's your new school? Any friends?"

"It's okay. I have three new friends. Sana and Dahyun is from a different class, while Chaeyoung is my classmate, she's the closest one out of the three. And you know what? She's my neighbor too. How convenient is that? I even went to their house and met her parents. Well it's a long story. And also—."

"Hey hey slow down!" Jihyo giggled. "You two seem really close eh? I'm jealous."

"Aigoo. Of course no one will replace you as my bestfriend." Mina replied.

"I know, 'cause you're dead meat if ever." They both laughed. "Anyway, I want to meet her."

"Sure, I'll tell her. I'm sure you'll like her. She's such a sweet kid."

"I will. I'm happy that you're getting along well with them. I was worried that you might be alone for a long time."

"Thanks to her I'm not." Mina replied.

Jihyo knows that Mina is smiling with just the tone of her voice. She's happy for her. "Mina-ya I need to go now. Still need to practice, see you soon! And send my regards to your friend."

"I will. Take care!" Then the call ended.

Mina practiced the song to perform for tomorrow. After an hour, she washed and went to sleep.

------------------------

Friday, 9am.

All 2nd year students are at the auditorium, the performance is about to start. Students from class 2-1 are backstage, they'll be the first to perform.

"This is nerve-racking. Why do we even need to perform in front of all these people?" Jeongyeon said.

"Don't worry too much. You have a good voice and your song is pretty good." Nayeon replied.

"You're just saying that, you're not even nervous. You're used to this already and you've even performed in bigger stages before." Jeong replied, still anxious.

"I know. This is actually just a piece of cake. Anyway, want me to help you build confidence?" She said while looking at Jeong seducingly, drawing her face near her.

"Not here babe." Jeong said as she tried to lean away.

Nayeon laughed. "Chill, I'm just teasing you." She turned to Mina's direction. "Well, I'm anticipating for someone's performance today."

She went to her and raised her brows, "Good luck, hope that you'll show a better performance compared to what you sang in the classroom."

"This is not a competition but thanks. Good luck as well." Mina replied, smiling.

Nayeon just rolled her eyes and went back to Jeong.

Chaeng just got back from the rest room and went directly to Mina and sat beside her

"I'm so nervous, my hands are really cold."

Mina held both of her hands. "Wow you're freezing!" She chuckled.

She softly squeezes Chaeng's hands. "I'm nervous as well, but don't let it overpower you, it might ruin the performance. Just try to relax okay?"

Chaeng blushed. How can I even relax if you're holding my hands?? "I'll try." Then she breathes in and out.

Their teacher started with the opening remarks and announced the grading system for the project.

"It'll be 50% for the lyrics/content of the song, 30% for the performance/delivery, 10% for the song arrangement, and 10% for the audience impact. The one with the highest score will receive extra points, crediting you for your hard work."

The students reaction are loud, murmuring about their opinions about the grading system.

"I told you before that relaying the message of the song is the most important thing in this project that's why it has a big impact on your scores. So make sure to sing it from your heart. Now let's set the standards by having Im Nayeon to perform first."

Nayeon went up stage and confidently held the mic. She sang Melting by Twice. Everyone is amazed specially when she hit the high notes with her falsetto.

After the song finished, she bowed and the crowd cheered for her loudly. The instructor was pleased as well with the performance.
"No pressure everyone." She said as she called on the next performer.

Jeongyeon was next, singing Love Line. She's pretty nervous but was able to nail the performance.

"Was that for me babe?? Awwe you're so sweet." Nayeon said as she got backstage.

Now it's Chaeyoung's turn. She let out a deep sigh, she was about to go onstage when Mina suddenly grabbed her hand.

"Chaeyoung-a Fighting!" Mina said with a cute smile.

"Ne, thank you." She smiled back and went.

Mina went to the side of the stage so she can watch her. Chaeng glanced to her direction and she saw her giving the fighting sign.

Aigoo, such a cutie. She smiled widely as she look at her. I hope you'll like this. She closed her eyes as the music started.

.

.

.

To be continued...

Hi guys!! Thanks for reading.

Sorry it took me a while again to update. Hope you'll be able to wait for the next chapter. I might post it this weekend once it's finished. 

Btw, do you guys know what Mina and Chaeng's fav colors?? I just assumed it's red cause of the notebook she made intwice tv6. Comment if you know.

Anyways, I just want to thank you all for the greetings. I'm so happy rn. You guys really inspire me a lot. I'll work even harder to make this ff a success (what?? Haha). I promise I won't disappoint you. ^^

Tbh, I don't know what photos to post here so I'll just post it randomly.
Credits to the owner.

Guess who's the flower?

Short hair Mina appreciation post.

Our elegant aunt.

Please comment and vote. Thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 5K 34
"I must have married you for a reason right? I refuse to let you go that easily, let's fix this." Most impressive rankings: #2 in myouimina #3 in min...
15K 821 23
Nayeon left Korea two years ago with her whole future ahead of her. But things didn't turned out as planned. Now a single mother to a three month old...
184K 5.3K 22
[COMPLETED] What happened if you have to marry your ex? Highest ranking #3 in momo
Awake By rach

Fanfiction

106K 6K 47
Twice disbanded one year ago and Chaeyoung died right after. The rest of them live their lives as normal citizens but they didn't keep in contact aft...