Fallin' All In You; Shawn Men...

By ILLUMlNATE

"There's no safety net that's underneath, I'm free fallin' all in you..." ... More

Visuals
One
Two
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Epilogue

Three

8.6K 266 419
By ILLUMlNATE

Chapter 3

The one with a baseball and med kit

"Lucky for you I happen to know what I'm doing."

•••

Peyton

You know when you just have this pounding headache? Where it gets to the point where you wish you could take off your head? Just remove the pain? That's exactly how it felt to get hit in the head with a baseball.

I never thought in my life that one day I would get hit with a baseball on my head. Even though it sounds extremely bad and it was. I mean you should've seen the bump, but reality was it was oddly the best thing to have happened to me. Odd huh? Let me just tell you why.

•••

It felt like someone was playing the drums with my brain. The pounding was so excruciating, my head just hurt. The exterior and interior of it anyways. The hard ground wasn't helping either when my body collided with it.

"Oh shit is she dead?" I heard someone say.

"No dumbass she got hit with a ball not shot." Another voice argued.

"Can you both be quiet, she's not dead. Just unconscious." Another voice said yet this one was much closer.

"Well she looks dead." The first voice said.

"Yeah and I bet we all look dead while sleeping." The second voice said sarcastically.

Their bickering wasn't helping my painful headache. I slowly opened my eyes and seen everything slightly blurry. I seen someone really close to me and honestly getting hit in the head didn't seem to be important anymore. Especially not when my vision focused on his hazel eyes.

"Okay hi, I am so sorry about your head which I assume hurts a lot." Was the first thing that came out of his mouth.

"No it feels fine." I said sarcastically.

"Really?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes, "No not really I was just hit in the head with a freaking baseball."

I attempted to sit up but he helped me, "Slowly."

I slowly lifted my hand to where I was hit, "Ow god this hurts like a bitch."

"I am so sorry, I couldn't control where the ball was going to go but I am so sorry." He told me.

"It's fine...I mean my heads not fine but I don't hold it against you since you've already apologized twice." I told him.

He nodded, "Yeah sorry about that."

"Three times. You can stop saying your sorry." I said with a slight laugh but only to realize it still hurt.

"Sorr- uh Matt can you go to my truck and get my bag?" He asked one of the guys that were around me.

"So which one is the one who thought I was dead?" I asked.

I looked around and seen this guy with red hair. His cheeks grew pink with embarrassment.

"Sorry I freaked out, I've never actually seen someone get hit with a baseball in the head." He defended.

Soon the guy named Matt walked over with a black bag. He handed it to the batter with horrible aim. Also known as the guy who hit me with a Baseball.

"You don't have something else to hit me with in there do you?" I asked.

He chuckled, "No just things to hopefully help. Lucky for you I happen to know what I'm doing."

He then pulled out a small thin looking flashlight. He turned it on and used it while looking at my eyes. He had me follow his finger with my eyes only.

"So your vitals seem normal not really anything off. Hopefully no concussion. Let's get you up and see how you hold yourself up." He told me.

He stood up and helped me get up on my feet. He had his hand on my hip and my body close to his. My breath caught in my throat when I realized how close we were. I shook my thought away and attempted to stand on my own.

He let go of me slowly to see if I could walk and stand on my own. I did fine standing and when I started to walk my balance was a little off but nothing too concerning.

"Well you seem good, nothing out of the normal." He told me.

"Yeah besides the volcano size bump that's going to form on my forehead thanks to you." I told him.

His cheeks turned rosy, "I already said I'm sorry. I can prescribe the medication for the swelling if you'd like but odds are you'll only need to rest and put an ice pack on it."

"What are the odds that someone who gave me a injury was also a doctor?" I asked.

"I know I'm supposed to be the one making people heal not get hurt." He said with this smile.

I felt my heart quicken and I could've sworn I was blushing. Probably like an idiot as well.

"Yeah, well doctor do you happen to have a name? You know just incase I want to sue?" I joked.

Luckily he had a sense of humor, "Yeah I'm Shawn Mendes you can call me Shawn or Dr. Mendes which ever you prefer."

"Not trying to be rude but you're a lot younger than I expected for a doctor." I told him.

"I get that a lot." Shawn told me with that smile.

How can one person be so handsome? I am trying to find a flaw but there's none. How was this humanly possible?

"And you are?" He asked.

I hesitated, what if he would know who I was? That he's recognize my last name and see me differently than some normal girl he happened to hit in the head with a baseball. I moved here to get away from my family's name and start new.

"Uh I'm Peyton." I told him just sticking to the first name bases.

"Well Peyton it was an odd way to meet but I'd be more than welcome to pay for a Uber to take you home. It would be pretty bad if I allowed you to drive after having a head injury. Despite you being fine. Luckily I don't play baseball professionally or even good because your injury might have been worse." He rambled on.

"Actually I walked here, I'm not even sure which direction is Home. I wandered in the park looking for service to get my maps to take me home." I explained.

He looked over towards the guys who continued to play the game. Shawn then looked at me and nodded.

"I can give you a ride if you'd like. I do owe you for giving you that bump." He offered.

"You're not going to kill me right? I wouldn't doubt your skills as a doctor and knowing exactly what to do to kill me." I joked but I was still obviously concerned.

He chuckled, "No nothing like that. I just...I just want to do something right for what I just that was horrible."

I looked at him and hesitated, "Okay."

He grabbed his bag and went to go tell his friends he was leaving. I could hear their groans and complaints then him telling them to shush. He then ran his fingers through his hair as he walked back towards me. I took in on what he was wearing, a white and blue baseball T-shirt and black jeans. Who the hell plays baseball in black jeans?

"Ready?" I asked him.

He laughed, "Yeah, my car is that way." He said pointing to the west exit of the park.

We then slowly started walking to in the direction of the exit rather slowly. He probably thought I was going to fall over and shatter.

"So if you don't play baseball really well or at all. Why were you playing? I mean you clearly seen why you shouldn't have played." I joked.

He laughed, "Uh it was the guys idea for a start to my bachelor party."

I stopped dead in my tracks wait He was engaged? And he was leaving his party to take me home? Some random stranger? Another girl?

"What's wrong?" He asked.

I looked at him, "You can't leave your party for me. I am so sorry, I am perfectly capable of calling an Uber when I find a signal."

"And let you wander into another park where someone who is clearly not qualified to play baseball will hit you with a baseball?" He asked me.

"Shawn we don't know each other and it's a day for you. I do not want you to leave it for me. It was an accident and you apologized and helped so I'm good. Honestly." I told him.

He shook his head, "No it's fine really, they were trying to find a way to get me off their teams anyways."

"Are you sure? I'd feel awful if you left and didn't want to. I mean even more than I already feel." I said.

He shook his head, "No it's fine. It would be great to get away from all the stripper talk and shots."

"Fine so who is she?" I asked.

He looked over at me and had this smile. It wasn't like that million dollar one I had seen. But it was still a smile nonetheless.

"You know since it's my bachelor party and kind of last day of freedom before being tied down. I don't really want to think about the wedding and being married. Not that's it's a bad thing but I just want to forget about all the stress of planning that lead to this moment. Does that make sense?" Shawn asked me as we continued to walk.

"Uh yeah I mean I can't relate but I get it. I get wanting to forget things and want to be someone different for a day or even forever." I said.

I did not realize that I was giving too much of myself away. I guess it was easier talking about stuff when it's to a complete stranger.

"Ah I take the whole being lost and wandering into a park must mean you're new. So what happened ran away from home? Secretly a convict on the run from the FBI?" He joked.

I laughed, "Uh something like that, I'm talking about running from home. Not the part about being a convict obviously."

"Can I ask why? I mean you don't need to tell me. I'm a complete stranger after all." He said as we got to his truck.

"Actually I think it's what makes it easier honestly. It was my family, and the...the way we lived. It wasn't for me and I wanted to just get away from all the chaos." I told him as he opened the door for me.

I got in and he closed the door before getting in the other side. He took out his phone and handed it to me.

"Doc you're getting married I don't think asking for my number is appropriate." I joked.

"It's for your address." Shawn clarified.

I rolled my eyes, "I know it was a joke."

He just gave me that million dollar smile, "Yeah I know."

I took his phone and typed in my address before putting it on route. I handed it back to him and when he took it from me his fingers grazed mine. I remembered he was engaged and took my hand away rather quickly.

"So have you ate?" He asked me.

I looked over and my stomach just happened to growl rather loudly.

"I'll take that as a no." He chuckled.

•••

And well thats where the life of drama I was trying to get away from got topped with a cherry. For I was only going to add stress and confusion to the crazy upside down story called my life.

Authors Note//
Hehe finally the loser is introduced. And as a doctor ;)
Also sorry for any mistakes you find it like 12 in the morning so goodnight
Let me know what you think
Until Next Time Peace Lovelies✌🏼💚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25K 731 38
To you, he was your idol, your everything, your biggest inspiration. But to him, you were just another fan in the crowd. That was, until his eyes met...
13.6K 399 12
"Wherever you go, I'll be with you. There's not a place on Earth where you can hide from me; I'll follow you beyond the afterlife if I have to." Dark...
6.6K 470 45
Mature content !!!! Forced marriage ! I didn't ask for it ! " I will ruin your innocence " " You will be destroyed with me " " You betrayed me an...
316K 11K 45
"What If I Told You a Story? All about someone who loves you..." ••• Sequel to I Don't Even Know Your Name Af...