S A C R I F I C E // From Du...

By nataaliiaaaa

Under editing. " You have no idea what I'm capable of. " More

• A D V I S O R Y •
• C A S T •
The Day Everthing Went To Hell
Blood Runs Thick
M I S T R E S S
LET'S GET RAMBLIN ; PART ONE

LET'S GET RAMBLIN ; P A R T TWO

870 31 3
By nataaliiaaaa

———

———

"Would you look at that." The amused man spoke. I quickly raise my hands slowly turning around, moving my head to the side to see another man in glasses

"Everything is going to be okay, just listen to him." Dad nervously stated. Stepping a few steps back, the man with his finger motions me forward, pointing his gun towards a chair.

"Sit down."

Slowly I move my legs to the chair he had pointed. Sitting down I move my gaze to the other man with glasses then back to the other.

If it were a different situation I would have admitted they were attractive.

I felt guilty for even thinking this.

"Don't blame yourself, Liliana. Don't be afraid of them, they won't hurt you."

I physically wince hearing the woman's voice, tilting my head down to face my lap I harshly close my eyes. I was grateful that my hair wasn't tied, it blocked my face as it fell to the sides of it. Biting my bottom lip I don't notice someone stand in front of me until I hear Scott, "Get away from her!" With Dad's, "Stop, tell him to stop!"

"You hear her too, don't you?"
Opening my eyes I see a man squatting, his face a little under mine. I observed him as he pushed his glasses up. "You do." He softly whispered.

"Actually, you go get her Richie." The other man snapped his fingers, trying to get his attention. "You've spent enough time in hotels today." Richie didn't respond until seconds later still keeping his gaze locked on me, he slowly stood up turning to look at his brother with a bored look on his face. "Hey. Now, you just go find her and you bring her back here. Okay? Don't talk to her. Don't touch her. Let's get in the clock. Ten on the Timex."

"I've got this under control." Smiling Richie left.

"The infamous Gecko brothers." Dad stood, turning to look at the man.

"I didn't say you could get up."

"I heard about you on the radio.I switched the channel so it wouldn't scare my kids."

"You did the right thing. Now sit." He motioned the bed with his gun.

"Radio said you robbed a bank up in Abilene. You're moving south. Means you're going to Mexico. That's what you need us for, isn't it? Gonna use us to cross. We're your cover."

"You're a smart man."

"That makes sense."
She was right they weren't going to hurt us they need us. Realizing I spoke they turn to look at me, giving me a side glance the man and Dad continued to bicker.  Rolling my eyes my eyes land on the plastic white bag at the corner of the room where one of the doors that connected with the another room was at. I was hungry, I had decided to do this after Kate said she wanted to be alone. I was going to eat it as Scott and I watched the TV.

I'm hungry.

Taking a deep breath I stand up. "Excuse me," I look at him, my eye brows furrowed. What should I call him? "Mr. Gecko." He turns to look at me with a confused and offended look plastered on his face. Seeing me up, he began to speak only to be stopped. "I know, I know, but I wanted to ask you something. Would it be possible to get that bag?" I point to the bag. He turns around leaning over to see what's inside he sighs. Grabbing it he tosses it to me.

Giving a small thank you I sit down, pulling out a small ziplock bag filled with mango slices and a plastic fork. Setting the bag down by my feet, I open the ziplock and quickly began to stab the slices with the fork. Bringing it up to lips I look up. Seeing surprised faces with their attention fully on me. "What?"  Continuing with what they were doing before they proceed.

"Are you listening to me? I'm gonna need you to brush up on your drama skills because you're gonna have to get better—a lot better— fast."

Where could they be? Kate should be here by now.

"Well, it's not gonna work with one creepy old dude, so guess what—we're bringing the whole clan."

Dad was getting worried, it surprised Scott and I as he threatens the man.
"He harms her..." Pausing, Dad continues. "I'll kill you with my bare hands."

Furious the man turns around jabbing the gun to the side of Scott's head. "You're gonna kill him with your big mouth first."

Briskly, I stand up. Completely forgetting about the ziplock bag and without thinking I ran to him shoving my palm over the barrel of the gun. "Okay! Okay! Stop, please! I'll talk to my Dad, I'll make him sit down!" Pushing the gun away from Scott's head. "Please."

He nods. Whirling around I advance Dad. "Dad, I know you want to keep us safe, but this—"I point to him and the man. "This isn't helping. If you love us, you will sit down. You will sit down right now." I harshly shove him down to the bed. "Everything will be fine, remember."

A soft okay comes out of his mouth.  Kate was supposed to be here by now and they weren't . "Hey, why don't I go look for them? They should be back by now." I began to pace around the room, biting the inside of my cheek. "No, he'll be here with her. Safe and sound, I promise." I stop to look at him only to find him doing the same.

The door is pushed open, a frightened Kate and a flustered Richie appear. She is quickly ushered inside the bathroom to change. Turning to look at Richie and then at the man I nod to him. "So, how are we gonna do this?"

"You'll know soon."

I press my back against the wall.

"Time's up, Princess."

Timidly she walks out taking her place next to Dad. She glances over at me patting the back space of where she sat shaking my head I give her a smile.

"Okay, ramblers, let's get ramblin'."

"We can't all go down at once, it'll be to obvious." I bluntly state looking at both brothers.

"She's right, Seth." Richie sides.

Nodding Seth interjects, "Here's how we're gonna do it: you're gonna go first, alone." He points at Dad. "You're gonna get into the motor home, you're gonna start her up, you're gonna bring her around front, and then you're gonna wait."

He explains how five minutes after Richie and Scott will head out with the bags. Five minutes later, "me, Miley and weird over here are gonna go down." he said pointing the last part at me.

"Everyone should have their hero switch in the "off" position. Since you are the only smart one of your family, speak with your old man." I nod as Seth looks at me. I felt a burning stare at the side of my face, making me turn around to see Richie staring, his eyes moving from Kate to me. "I make the plan, everybody executes it, or I execute you."

"Alright. We get it, jeez." I speak my eyes gluing to his. "Do whatever you say or else we "die" I understand, I'm pretty sure we all get it. Thank you for the sentimental pep talk. I for one, very much appreciate it." I began to clutch on to my pendant, running my fingers over and over it.

Turning my body I walk towards the bathroom. Picking my stuff from the counter I lazily threw them inside my already unzipped bag. Reaching for my converse I sit on the closed toilet and put them on, taking my time as I laced them. "Liliana, come." Dad motioned me with his hand, doing so our little family is huddled around in a circle.

"Listen very closely. When I'm not here, you do exactly what they say. You follow every instruction to the letter."

"Dad, you trust these freaks?" The worry in Scott's face was obvious.

"No, Scott. But in order to survive we have to." I catch Dad nodding to my response.

"No, but I trust the fact that they want to get to Mexico and they can't do that without all four of us alive. We're gonna survive this 'cause we're a family. We are minus one. And God knows I miss her, I miss her deeply, but—"

"Do you, Daddy?"

"Kate! What the hell?" Scott disturbed asked.

"Okay, family meeting's adjourned. Let's go pops."

I sat in a chair my leg bouncing up and down. I impatiently wait for my turn, my nails being bitten by my teeth. Richie and Scott had left, now it was just Seth, Kate, and I.

"Okay it's time. Y'all ready." I stood up putting my bag over my shoulder. "Listen, um, did my brother do anything to you?"
He nervously questioned Kate.

"He scared me."

"Your not the only one." He sighs, "Look at me, girls. Remember what I told you, you do what I tell you, when I tell you and you'll get out of this without any bumps or scrapes, okay?" We both nod.  Opening the door Kate and I walk out first, Seth behind us with a gun in hand.

"Hey!" We are immediately pulled back, Seth instantly shoots the man, making him push himself against the wall. More shots are heard and we are pulled back inside. A slam being heard behind me. More shots are heard when finally silence.

"Your brother is here. Open the door!" I motion to the door, making Seth turn his head to me. I look at the door which connected with another room. I was heading for it when it was harshly kicked making the door open.

"You havin' fun, brother?"

"Jesus Christ, Richie!" Seth turns to look at me, "We'll talk about this later."

They began to argue, "Guys, there is no time for that, we have to leave before that ranger gets us!" I bring my body to the other side of the room leaning my ear against the closed door.

"He's here."

"Guys! He's here." I whisper yell, gaining their attention. I barely have enough time to lean forward as the bullets hit the door. I speed to the front door opening it, "Let's go!" Grabbing whoever was closest I reach for their hand and yank them outside.

We are on the run and I didn't dare to look back."Freeze!" I'm pulled back as Seth begins to shoot at the ranger. I immediately look at Richie as Kate shrieks, Being shot a couple of inches down his right shoulder, Seth stumbles back, "Go!" Seth demands, staying behind to distract the man.

We run to the RV. Richie pushing us first, couple of seconds later a hard thud is heard from the roof of the RV. "Go sit down." We do as told waiting for the other Gecko brother to appear. Hearing a knock on the back window Richie speaks, "Drive."

———      ———

.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248K 17.9K 90
as usual many dramas, emotions, fluffy , angst, and most importantly soo much love. top tae bot kook no cheating no threesom No skin ship with others
307K 9.2K 100
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
466K 31.5K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
599K 12.7K 43
i should've known that i'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale mattheo riddle x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 08.27...