red riding hood | void stiles...

By -finstocks

โ who says it was the wolf you were supposed to fear? โž in which two dark lovers find each other again in bea... More

red riding hood
zero ; epigraph
one ; past
two ; present
four ; present
five ; past
six ; present
seven ; present
eight ; present
nine ; present
ten ; present
eleven ; present
twelve ; present
thirteen ; present
fourteen ; past
fifteen ; present
sixteen ; present
seventeen ; past
eighteen ; present
nineteen ; present
twenty ; present
twenty-one ; bonus chapter

three ; past

5.8K 197 41
By -finstocks

CHAPTER THREE: A HEART'S CORRUPTION

IT WAS TRULY almost unbelievable how much he took up her mind. She would zone out doing a chore inside her home because of how much the male invaded her thoughts, successfully haunting her without even trying, which didn't please her mother since she'd have to repeat herself many times. The middle-aged women knew there was something different about her after Prudence returned home so late it was almost dawn, worrying her greatly, but she just couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was. Pru on the other hand couldn't really focus on anything else except seeing him again, and that was precisely why she had done something she had never done before, that's why she snuck out.

Night accompanied her once again as she made it out of her village without no one knowing, determined to find him again, to see him again, to get lost in the feeling she gets with him. It was utterly consuming — that's all she really got from that glorious certainty that he was changing something inside of her, something that began to crave him in ways that left her wanting more. Usually when she'd meet up with him it was during the day when she was sent out to gather buckets of water for her family, and brief kisses were exchanged, touch was certainly received, but it wasn't enough. Those meetings that usually only lasted roughly ten minutes weren't enough for either of them.

The blonde was draped in her usual cloak that showed off the vibrancy of its red color, but she had on a thin, lavender gown that her mother made reluctantly after she came home with her ruined blue one. Luckily the women bought the lie that slipped out of her mouth, assuming that her beloved daughter would never be untruthful due to her history of being wholeheartedly honest, but the girl was finally finding her rebellious side. Prudence would blush unknowingly though every time she thought about the piece of clothing, remembering how exactly it had gotten torn and what pleasurable things followed afterwards. Void really knew how to make things memorable.

After making her way through the numerous trees that seemed as if they reached the sky, she finally caught sight of the place she knew he would be, the path practically imprinted into her mind. Her consuming interest for this creature twisted her morals, which was probably why she wasn't thinking about any consequences at all when she got closer to the small homestead that blended in so easily with its surroundings, blue eyes alight with excitement. The cabin was made entirely out of wood, except for the chimney that poked out of the roof and the two glass windows in the front that were covered by some sort of cloth, but the sturdy planks she carefully stepped on that made up the steps of the porch were clearly wooden.

Hesitantly she knocked on the door after she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear out of nervousness, not even knowing for sure if he was here or out wandering about, doing whatever he does. She knew that whatever he did in his own time probably wasn't anything good, but still desire consumed her, the kind that would make anyone forgot their righteousness if needed. Anyone else would simply classify it as infatuation, something that will soon get old and not as exciting as time would go on, but Pru had experienced that before, she's experienced the fleetingness that comes with a crush and Void was definitely not just another crush. He was more.

That smirk that drove her wild on the inside was on his face the instant the door swung open, reveling him immediately dressed in some actual clothes this time, the fact that she was so drawn to him pleasing him immensely. And he simply looked at her, he casually studied her harmless appearance while she shyly studied his, which is all it took for for her to be wholeheartedly imitated all over again. Void was just that person who made his need to control clear, stating nonverbally his dominance from the first time he meant her, and all the poor, flustered girl could do was squirm under his gaze.

"Oh, my Chīsana Hato, I'm glad you're here. Now it will be even funner." He greeted slyly, confusing the blonde as to what precisely he meant, but she brushed it off the moment he stepped aside to let her in.

Candlelight made it so she could see her surroundings, which at first she thought was normal, since when she walked in all there was was the typical pieces of handmade furniture you found in any home and the wooden floorboards. Right as she heard the door quietly close shut, something was seen in her peripheral vision, making her turn her head curiously to the side where fire also glowed from the fireplace. In front of that though, was a sight that made her eyes grow wider and a gasp escape her, wondering what she had gotten herself into.

A man that she didn't recognize sat tied tightly to a chair, most of his face bruised and bloody, with a piece of something balled up and shoved into his mouth to keep his screams muffled. He appeared to be middle-aged, like late 30's or early 40's, but tiredness was clear over his entire, limp body due to the fact he had given up on trying to thrash around to get help or escape. His green eyes could barely focus on the startled girl in front of him and his capturer behind her, the rawness of his throat from constantly shouting for anybody to hear him caused him to be unable to form even a whisper without cringing in pain. So there he sat, quiet, beaten, and hopeless — just like the fox preferred.

"What...what is this?" She managed to get out, horrified at what he did to him, and actually witnessing what he was created to do made it profoundly more of a reality for her. This was who he is and she was finally seeing it up close and personal.

Void appeared by her side, arms behind his back as he watched her bottom lip tremble a little. "This is the aftermath of someone who happened to really be at the wrong place at the wrong time. I didn't bother to ask his name."

Her mouth opened up to ask why, why would he do such a thing to a person who didn't deserve it, but then she stopped herself. She already knew why; it was obvious from their first encounter. The creature did this to thrive in his existence, feeding on the negative strife and chaos of it all so he could live, survive, and enjoying it while doing so. He liked the way fear pooled in their eyes, the way they would always end up pleading for mercy even if they seemed composed at first, and he liked the way he felt powerful once he took away the pain he caused. It satisfied him when he was in control.

She shifted enough in her place so she could face him, trying to determine what to do next, how to act, and if all of this fascination towards someone who does so much wrong was worth it. To be wholeheartedly honest, she thought she was feeling every single emotion, each one flooding over her before the next one took over. And she was so dumbfounded, no specific move seeming to convince her heart or her mind that it was the correct one to make, but then she tore her eyes off of the wall behind the creature to look at him, and one certain emotion finally stuck: devotion. He had wanted her and he got her quickly, whether she liked it or not.

Maybe she was crazy for accepting him when there was so many reasons to stay as far away as she possibly could get, though there was someone behind the outside appearance of a murderous fox, someone that secretly was lonely, looking for a companion he could share his ruthless, disastrous adventures with. Coincidentally he happened to found that someone by accident, instantly becoming intrigued with the human that held so much potential and who could possibly deal with his sinister personality. After all, what's the point of having exciting moments if you have no one special to accompany you?

"Are you afraid, little dove?" He questioned her quietly, raising a hand so he could twirl a golden lock of her hair around his pointer finger tauntingly, his gaze focused on the innocent action while he patently waited for an answer.

"No," She whispered — and she meant it, even though she was knowledgeable enough to know that she should be.

His wicked grin was back on his face after hearing her words, moving his arm back and finally settling his sight back on the lovable, soft features of her face. "Good, because I'm doing something I don't normally do — trusting someone — and I want you to do something for me."

Before Prudence could ask what the task was he wanted her to do, the fox picked up a knife from the table beside them, leading to her realizing that it could very well involve something harmful. The well-crafted, steel blade that made up the majority of the weapon illuminated the glowing light from the fire, a fine, sharp tip making up one end of it that imitated the girl, since it was clear it could easily cut through a lot of things that happened to cross its path. She'd never even held a knife before.

He carefully placed it in her hand where absentmindedly her fingers wrapped around the handle, the weight of the object seeming to be way heavier than it actually was, nervousness clear all over her expression. To be fair what she was showing on the outside was true to some of the feelings she was experiencing on the inside, because she was nervous, doubtful even, but something inside of her sparked. The idea that she held the power to either harm someone or let them crawl away with mercy provoked a part of her that has been gradually rising up ever since she met him. It alarmed her, but sometimes even the most purest of souls can have dangerously dark desires that are able to be take control.

"Kill him," He spoke simply, saying the command that she assumed was the one he meant in the first place, "I want you to kill him."

From the time they have spent together, mindlessly becoming more entranced by the other, she always knew it would come down to something like this, something that would determine their unidentified relationship. It would only a matter of time before his actions caused Pru to get a little blood on her hands as well, and she was prepared — also scared, but still nevertheless ready for everything that was going to come because of unintentionally getting attached to this malevolent being. Being with someone included accepting all the bad parts about them along with the good, and doing this would reassure him that she would be loyal to how he pursued his existence.

She didn't bother to respond to his request. Instead, she forced herself to move forward towards the restricted body of the man who was barely conscious, unknowingly leaving a part of herself she would never get back. People change all the time for many different reasons, but when she raised the knife to the unfortunate stranger's throat, letting out a shaky breath beforehand, it was written all over her face. The girl had chosen which side she would be on, his side, and from then on without really knowing why she figured out that perhaps she always will be.

When the blade finally sliced open the flesh of his neck deeply, blood automatically pouring out of the wound like a never-ending waterfall, Void's eyes lit up. He had gotten the reassurance he needed, he had gotten the proof that she was in for about almost anything, and it made him adore her even further. The fact that it was his doing that pushed her to do something so evil and so unlike her made him swell with pride, understanding that the chaos he would soon create would be a lot better with her by his side.

The weapon dropped to the ground the instant he walked over to the blonde, grabbing her surprisingly emotionless face with both hands before he kissed her with so much need, so much promise. If anything it was the sealing of an invisible deal, one where they would do anything for each other, even if it was downright crazy. The kiss was full of passion, a kind that broke her new state of emptiness that took over after ending someone's life and made her feel everything that brought her into this mess in the first place. She was his and he was hers, forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.2K 1.7K 25
7 years later and Beacon Hills hasn't changed at all {book two} {teen wolf s1-s2} {Derek Hale x ๐‘“๐‘’๐‘š!martin!oc} cover by the talented @sporadicstar...
375K 14.1K 31
DYNASTY [ BOOK FOUR ] โœง Harper Verum and Stiles Stilinski have been through everything together; from finding out their best friend was a werewolf, t...
9.3K 282 12
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“ ๐ฒ๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ซ, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ข๐ซ ๐ง๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐ฆ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฐ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ง๐ฌ Riley Winters and Stiles Stilinski had been living happily ever since th...