Hopelessly Devoted | Hale- TO...

By multi_fandom2015

You know I'm just a fool who's willing To sit around and wait for you But, baby, can't you see There's nothin... More

Summary + Cast
1 | New Life
2 | The Call
3 | Lord Tristan de Martel
4 | Past, Present, and Future
5 | Strix Initiation
6 | I'm Here
7 | Family Conversations
8 | Making Their Move
9 | Interrogation
10 | Surprise Guests
11 | Thanksgiving Dinner
12 | Negotiation
13 | Lexi V. Tristan
14 | Bigger Problems
15 | Control Yourself
16 | Happy Family Christmas
17 | Get Out
18 | Battle Preparations
19 | Not Herself
20 | In Your Head
21 | A Fox
22 | Games
23 | White Oak Bullets
24 | Out Of Time
25 | We Are The Same
26 | Not The Same
27 | Doppelbitch's Boyfriend
28 | Your Fault
29 | Hello, Little Sister
30 | Spiral
31 | Lockdown
32 | Family Quarrel
33 | Last of the White Oak
34 | Into An Original
35 | Loophole
36 | Town of Our Sorrows
37 | Final Step
38 | Say Goodbye
39 | All My Heart
40 | Took Them
41 | Unworthy
42 | Sweet Camille
43 | Wake Up
44 | Warning System
45 | Excellent Runners
47 | Friend, Foe, Family
48 | No Choice
49 | Intuition
50 | Bear Witness
51 | The Puzzle
52 | Gone
Epilogue
NEXT BOOK

46 | I Hate You

1.4K 69 12
By multi_fandom2015

The witches' cemetery is quiet, only a few heartbeats can be heard. Five people stand before the new tomb. The etched name of Davina Claire seems to scream at all of them.

"Say not in grief that she is no more, but be tankful that she ever was and though she was taken far too soon, may her enduring light show us a way through this darkness," Vincent says, keeping his voice steady. "Let us mourn as we cannot move on until we do. And though the pain may at times seem like more than we can bare, make no mistake, we will move on. And even now, the words of Ecclesiasticus are ringing in my ears, they're saying vengeance as a lion shall lie in wait for them."

First, Josh steps forward, placing a flower in the holder next to the stone. "A while ago... Forever ago, I told Davina a story about my first boyfriend, but what I didn't tell her was that I had never shared that story with anyone else. She was like a sister and a best friend, and I loved her. I wish..." Josh stumbles over his words before deciding to step away from the tomb.

Then Cora steps up. "You were stupid, going and dying on me. You were the only friend I had, other than the ones I lost. You actually got me, unlike those stupid kids back home. Thank you for being my friend, even for just that short while."

She steps back and looks at Kol. His brown eyes shine with tears as he shakes his head. "I'm sorry, I can't."

Marcel takes the opportunity to step forward. "Words aren't any good, the Mikaelsons need to answer for this. I'm gonna make them answer." He places a hand on the cold stone. "I promise."

With his declaration of war, Marcel stomps off, Josh trailing his sire. Kol wonders away, a tear falling from his cheek. Vincent leaves last, allowing Cora a moment alone.

When the wolf leaves, she catches a scent. Instead of feeling safe or at home, her vision goes red. Anger fills her veins like a flood gate had opened. She stomps back to Davina's tomb.

Lexi stands there, too afraid to take a step towards the stone. She stares with wide, blue eyes as she reads the name over and over again. "I'm—"

"Don't you dare." Lexi turns toward Cora's voice. The wolf stands next to the flower holder, seething. "Don't you dare apologize when this is your fault."

"I know—"

"You don't get to feel sorry for her when it is because of you that she is gone. You don't get that privilege," Cora snaps. Lexi takes a step back. "We could have saved her, but no. Mikaelson enemies are so much more important, aren't they?!"

"Cora, I—"

"Shut up!" Cora yells, a tear sliding down her cheek. Her eyes flash yellow as she snarls, "She had a chance!"

"She had no chance," Lexi says calmly. "Not with every witch against her. You know that—"

"So you gave up on her? Even after you said you would fight? Remember that? When you threw all of your beliefs out the window for her?!" More tears spill over Cora's cheeks as her fangs bite her lips.

"Wha—"

"You would fight for her— sweet, innocent Davina obviously needs to be brought back— but you did nothing for anyone else!" Lexi's expression goes slack. "You agree to bring her back but what about me? Huh? What about my family? What about my mom? And dad? And cousins? And Laura? What about them?"

"I think you should stop now," Lexi whispers, her voice hoarse.

Cora shakes her head violently as her claws come out. "You left us for dead, Lexi. Mikael came, Kate burned us to the ground, and you ran. Like the coward you are."

"That's enough." Lexi's throat bobs.

"So what was the difference? Why bring back Davina but leave my mom for the Other Side? Were their deaths not 'manufactured?' Was it really 'their time?' They were murdered!"

"Cora—"

"I hate you!" Cora screams, swinging her claws. Lexi does not stop her. Cora's claws slice right through Lexi's cheek. "I hate you!!"

Lexi grabs Cora's wrist before she can strike again, this time aimed at the throat. "Think very carefully about what you do next," Lexi says, not hint of anger in her voice.

"You gave up on them, and I hate you for it," Cora sneers, attacking with the other hand.

"Cora!" At the masculine voice, the wolf freezes. Cora's yellow eyes dim, but she is still furious. She glances to the side where Derek stands. "Back off. Now."

Lexi does nothing. Her throat is exposed and all Cora wants to do is drag her claws through skin.

"Now, Cora." Derek barks at her.

Cora slowly lowers her hand. She backs away from Lexi before she spits, "You two deserve each other. You left me alone, again. Rot in hell."

She then turns and walks away. Lexi doesn't look at Derek, only the ground. "You ok?" Derek asks, trying to get her to look at him.

"No," she answers bluntly. "But I will be."

"What about Cora?"

Lexi thinks for a moment, "She meant what she said. I abandoned them. All of them, even Peter." Derek decides not to comment on the name. He has no idea who this Peter is. "She is right to hate me."

"No, she isn't," Derek growls.

"Yes, she is. I killed her friend. I got her family killed, and I did nothing. She is right to hate me."

—|—|—|—

Freya stands over a skull alone in the study. She takes a bowl of blood in her hands and pauses. Everything is crumbling around them. Kol is at Davina's funeral, the others are at Cami's. Lucien is dead but the prophecy could still happen. Everything is falling apart.

She looks up as Kol walks in. "I didn't think anyone was here," she says.

"Did you think I'd be at Cami's wake?" Kol scoffs. "You know what, it turns out I hit my funeral quota for the day. Davina's was this morning. I mean, you remember her--love of my life, condemned to an unknowable hell--and what's your excuse, sister? Were you so overcome with guilt at what you did, that you couldn't bring yourself to indulge in whiskey and finger food? Or were you just busy desecrating more dead? Is this to be your hobby now?"

Kol picks up the skull in front of Freya. Flickers of pain and guilt show on her expression.

She sighs, shaking her head to rid herself of the guilt. "When Lucien died, he was convinced the prophecy would still unfold. I need to know if he was right. These are the remains of his oracle. Hers was the power I barely understood but now that my own strength has been augmented by the ancestors, I can try to channel her, forecast as she did and find out if Lucien was right or if we can put this nightmare behind us."

"I personally hope the bloody prophecy is true," Kol states. "You can all rot in hell for all I care. I'm just sorry I won't be around to see it."

He turns and begins to walk out. "Where are you going?" Freya demands. 

"None of your business, alright? There is nothing for me here," Kol says.

"You know that's not true. Your family—"

"Do not lecture me about family, sister or not!" Kol yells, her eyes red and his fangs out. "Now, you may have spent your entire life searching for us, but I never for a second wanted you."

"That's enough, brother," Lexi orders as she walks in. "If you want someone to blame, blame me. I gave the order to Freya."

Kol goes stiff. "What?" He breathes, anger flaring in his expression.

"I told her to do whatever necessary to save Hayley, Nik, and I. If you didn't know, Lucien would have killed us without that power. Save your anger for me. Freya did nothing but follow orders like a good Viking daughter would have."

"Alexis—" Freya tries to jump in.

"That's the truth. You can save your lectures of abandonment for later. I've already gotten an earful from Cora," Lexi says. "Run along to your secrets and wish for our deaths. I dare you. Because you are still a Mikaelson and when you wish for our deaths, you wish for your's too."

She turns to Freya, letting Kol stare at her back.

"You bitch--" Kol seethes.

"Rant on, brother. Call me anything you want but do it when we aren't working, please," Lexi dismisses him.

"I hate you!"

For a second, she freezes, only for her to scoff, "Cora said that too. Try to be original. Live up to the family name."

After a second, Kol speeds out of the compound, cursing Lexi as he goes.

Freya stares at her sister in shock as the younger blonde relax, her shoulder slumping forward. "You didn't need to lie. He can hate me."

"No, he can't," Lexi refuses. "At least now the hate is shared. It is my fault anyway, so he might as well think it was my decision too."

I told you-- emotions.... Hope you enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241K 7.4K 49
Within the mist of new villains 'you can never truly change your past' seems to be more true than ever. Yet if there was one thing Odette de Marie ha...
94.1K 2.9K 41
No good deed goes unpunished All helpful urges should be circumvented No good deed goes unpunished Sure, I meant well - Well, look at what well-meant...
55.2K 2.4K 55
Who can say If I've been changed for the better? I do believe I have been changed for the better And because I knew you Because I knew you I have bee...
72.7K 1K 20
What if Klaus Mikaelson had another daughter but from a different women 2 years after Hope was born. What if Klaus started abusing her for 5 years st...