Hopelessly Devoted | Hale- TO...

By multi_fandom2015

You know I'm just a fool who's willing To sit around and wait for you But, baby, can't you see There's nothin... More

Summary + Cast
1 | New Life
2 | The Call
3 | Lord Tristan de Martel
4 | Past, Present, and Future
5 | Strix Initiation
6 | I'm Here
7 | Family Conversations
8 | Making Their Move
9 | Interrogation
10 | Surprise Guests
11 | Thanksgiving Dinner
12 | Negotiation
13 | Lexi V. Tristan
14 | Bigger Problems
15 | Control Yourself
16 | Happy Family Christmas
17 | Get Out
18 | Battle Preparations
19 | Not Herself
20 | In Your Head
21 | A Fox
22 | Games
23 | White Oak Bullets
24 | Out Of Time
25 | We Are The Same
26 | Not The Same
27 | Doppelbitch's Boyfriend
28 | Your Fault
29 | Hello, Little Sister
30 | Spiral
31 | Lockdown
32 | Family Quarrel
33 | Last of the White Oak
34 | Into An Original
35 | Loophole
36 | Town of Our Sorrows
37 | Final Step
38 | Say Goodbye
39 | All My Heart
40 | Took Them
41 | Unworthy
42 | Sweet Camille
43 | Wake Up
44 | Warning System
46 | I Hate You
47 | Friend, Foe, Family
48 | No Choice
49 | Intuition
50 | Bear Witness
51 | The Puzzle
52 | Gone
Epilogue
NEXT BOOK

45 | Excellent Runners

1.3K 66 4
By multi_fandom2015

Lexi, Hayley, and Klaus stand in the middle of the woods, all huddled around the phone. None of them can scent anyone for miles, and should someone happen to stumble upon the group, that person might find themselves without a head.

"What do you mean you know how to kill Lucien?" Lexi demands of her sister.

"As long as Davina is caught between worlds, I can use her as a conduit to channel the Ancestors' power," Freya explains. "The same power that was used to create Lucien. Once I have it, I can make Lucien killable again."

"So, do it. What's the problem?" Hayley asks.

"Everything comes with a price."

"What's the price?" Klaus' grip on the phone tightens.

This time, Elijah answers, "In order to take power from the Ancestors, you have to steal it. Freya would have to draw through Davina, breaking the circle that protects her."

Lexi goes very, very still.

"And you are certain that this power will be enough to kill Lucien?" Klaus asks, his voice rough.

"Yes," Freya says. "But we'd be placing Davina is terrible danger. The only thing protecting her from the Ancestors is my circle. Now, if it's broken..."

"They'll rip her apart, Freya," Lexi snaps. "She's just a child."

"What choice do we have?" Elijah sighs.

"No," Klaus shakes his head. "Find another way. If we destroy Davina, we lose both Kol and Marcel, possibly even Lexi and the Hales. I won't have us all turning on each other. Keep looking."

The phone line goes dead.

No one talks as they load Rebekah's coffin into Klaus' truck. That is until Hayley refuses to stay silent any longer. "You did a nice thing today, Klaus." He turns to her with a quizzical expression. "For Davina, who you hate."

"It was a purely strategic decision," he says. "I assure you."

"Maybe," Hayley drawls. Lexi can tell this is all part of a larger conversation. She doesn't want to be apart of married bickering. "Or maybe you knew that Cami cared about her and would have wanted you to fight for her."

Klaus stays silent for a very long time. "You know, I thought I told Camille everything. Every moment that mattered from my past, and yet, in the mere hours since she died, I've thought of a thousand things I forgot to say."

"Yeah, I know the feeling," Hayley mutters as Klaus closes the trunk of the car.

"Do you?" Lexi snaps, not realizing the words falling from her mouth.

"Excuse me?" Hayley crosses her arms.

"Because the prophecy is still upon us. Elijah's immortality suddenly seems quite fragile. Talk to him, Hayley. Stop waisting your time." Lexi doesn't look at her as she speaks.

"How would you know what that feels like?" Hayley demands angrily.

"Because I missed my chance, and Derek slept with two sociopaths," Lexi exclaims, turning on the hybrid. "I missed my chance, and Derek almost died. Twice. Every time I have missed my chance, I have regretted it. It hurts. It builds and builds until your feelings are all you think about. Am I wrong?"

Hayley stares at Lexi with her mouth open as they pile into Klaus' vehicle. Lexi sits in front, refusing to look at anyone. Hayley stares down at her phone. Klaus stares straight ahead.

Only once does he glance at his sister. "I'm sorry I made you miss your chance," he says quietly.

"I've forgiven you," Lexi murmurs.

"I haven't."

Lexi turns to him, surveying his expression. She knows that it's all a front, a mask. Klaus may look like he doesn't care, but he is breaking on the inside. The woman he had bared his soul to died before him because of his actions. He'll never forgive himself.

Hayley's phone buzzes in her hand. Elijah's name flashes. "I pushed him away from so long. What if he doesn't..." Hayley trails off, her voice low and vulnerable.

"He does," Lexi says.

"Ask him yourself," Klaus smirks, glancing back at her phone.

Before Hayley can move, a black car slams into them.

—|—|—|—

Lexi wakes in pain and groaning. The bumper of Klaus' car lies across her stomach. When she pushes it off, she groans again, seeing the piece of fence sticking out of her gut.

The smell of blood and fire overwhelm her. She gasps as she grips the piece of wood and rips it out. She bites her lip, hard, as she holds her side. Blood covers the dead grass beneath her.

She glances around to see Hayley lying next to her, dead with a stake through her stomach. Lexi can hear the distant sounds of a fight as she looks at the run down house to her right.

Lexi mutters a spell, and Hayley wakes with a gasp. The hybrid tears the stake out of her before her eyes land on Lexi. The blonde can barely move as she pants in pain.

Hayley kneels down next to her, offering her blood. "No," Lexi refuses, pushing her away.

"You need to heal!" Hayley exclaims.

"No," Lexi shakes her head. "It's Lucien, I can hear him." Hayley glances at the house. "I don't want to become a vampire again."

"Only if you die," Hayley reasons.

"I don't think everyone will come out of this alive," Lexi gasps, more blood coating her hands. "I don't plan for it to be you or Nik. Better me than you two."

A crash sounds from the distance accompanied by Lucien laughing. "Go," Lexi urges. "I'll catch up."

"Lexi—"

"Go." Lexi's eyes flash red. "That is an order."

Hayley bows her head in submission before speeding into the house.

Lexi lies there for a few minutes, helplessly listening to her brother and beta get beaten by Lucien Castle. When she hears Hayley's neck snap, she pulls herself up, despite the gaping wound.

Klaus is thrown out of the house, tumbling to the ground. What he doesn't see is Lexi stumbling up to the hole in the wall, waiting for Lucien to step out.

The moment the vampire does, her claws are out and slicing his throat. Lucien chokes, gripping his neck as he falls to his knees. She brings her claws down once more, but Lucien grabs her wrist. She cries out as he crushes her bones.

The next thing she knows, he is behind her, his hand around her heart.

She had forgotten the feeling of someone ripping out her heart. As a werewolf, it wasn't an effective way of killing her. She would die too quickly. Her ribs would collapse from the forced pressure of someone's hand breaking them. Her heart would have to work twice as hard. No one had tried it when she lost her vampire side because anyone who wanted to kill her would have opted for something much more painful.

She gasps for air, blood coming to her mouth. It drips down her chin as she tries to move away. Lucien only grabs her hair and tugs her back.

"Oh, well," Lucien drawls as Klaus' eyes finally land on them. All the color drains from the hybrid's face. "A queen and king caught by a one-time pawn. Thus the game comes to its inevitable end."

"What are you proving by killing her? It's me you hate," Klaus says, trying to divert attention as Lexi chokes on her own blood.

"Was I not clear when I murdered Finn and Camille? I don't care who dies!" Lucien shouts, his voice filled with anger. "But since you do, indulge me and I might just spare your youngest sister. Kneel!" Klaus stares at him. He can tell Lexi is running out of time. "Get on your knees!" Still no movement. "I can feel her mortal heart pounding in my fist. Do you really want to measure your pride against my mercy?"

Klaus slowly gets on one knee, his head bowed, but his eyes on Lexi. Her skin is starting to go grey.

Suddenly, Lucien is ripped off of Lexi. She falls to her knees, holding her chest as she coughs. She can barely breathe.

She can hear Freya chanting in the background as Klaus kneels next to her. Another set of hands cups her face as she pants.

"Give her your blood," comes a growl from the owner of the hands. Klaus instantly complies. Lexi doesn't have time to argue before she is gulping down blood.

She can feel as her ribs heal. She can feel her back muscles contracting as the skin is sewn together. She finally looks up to see Derek next to her, his eyes searching her face.

"I'm ok," she breathes, her hand finding his on her cheek. "I'm ok."

"We can talk about your definition of 'ok' when we kill Lucien," Derek mumbles.

"His power's gone." Lexi looks up to see Lucien on his knees with Freya and Elijah in front of him. He looks terrified. "He's nothing but an ordinary vampire now," Freya says, her expression furious.

Derek helps Lexi stand as they all surround Lucien in a circle, watching him tremble in fear. "You see," Klaus begins to smirk. "That family drama you so joyfully derived does have its merits."

"You can kill me, but the prophecy still stands, you cannot out run it."

"Watch us," Lexi states, glaring at him. "We are excellent runners."

"I've heard about a thousand years too much from you," Klaus says, looking at Lucien. "For a century you lived with my name and you never did quite recover from losing it, did you? You became a man of wealth and stature but you never could crawl from my shadow, and in the end, despite the gift of immortality, you have always known what you truly are. You are nothing."

Klaus grabs a piece of glass next to him. He grabs Lucien's head and slides the shard across his face, just like Tristan had done a thousand years ago. And then, to top it off, Klaus look straight into Lucien's eyes as he rips the vampire's heart out.

Lucien flops to the ground, his skin grey. Klaus drops the heart.

—|—|—|—

As the sun sets, the Originals look out at Lucien's burning body. Derek's arms are around Lexi, Hayley stands between Klaus and Elijah. Freya stands off to the side.

"Camille liked the preservation hall jazz band," Klaus murmurs, drawing Hayley's attention. "For the funeral. We should hold the wake at Rousseau's." Hayley nods with a small smile on her face.

"Come on," Lexi sighs. "Let's let Lucien burn to ash alone."

"We should get back to Kol and Marcel," Klaus agrees.

Lexi feels Derek tense behind her. She frowns as she looks up at him. He does not look at her. She also notices the shadows that grow on Elijah's and Freya's faces. "What?" She demands.

Freya is the only one who has enough courage to speak. "There's something you need to know."

DAVINA!!! I CRIED WHEN THEY SACRIFICED HER!!! Trust me, I have many feels planned for the next chapter. 

Also, this chapter is dedicated to obsessed24. You have been so kind with your comments, and it is truely incredible how you finished the entire series in like a week. Props to you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212K 6.2K 34
"You're my waking thought, my sweet dream, and everything in between." -Perry ❖❖❖ In which Elijah Mikaelson falls for a beautiful Parisienne, but wha...
121K 3.5K 36
May I return to the beginning The light is dimming, and the dream is too The world and I, we are still waiting Still hesitating Any dream will do I d...
241K 7.4K 49
Within the mist of new villains 'you can never truly change your past' seems to be more true than ever. Yet if there was one thing Odette de Marie ha...
2.2K 83 29
There was a certain allure to her, even before you knew her you could feel it pulling you towards her. Everyone in the village knew her, being in her...