Old Friends, New Beginnings |...

By mayaxwriter

PETER PARKER FANFIC **** Peter Parker has been your best friend since you were young and you both are crushe... More

Part 1 - Kids (Prologue)
Part 2 - Back to Queens
Part 3 - Hey Parker...
Part 4 - Just Friends...
Part 5 - Spider-Boy
Part 6 - Web Fluid
Part 7 - Night Talk
Part 8 - Homecoming Tears
Part 9 - Cloud Nine
Part 10 - Homecoming Game
Part 11 - Dinner Butterflies
Part 12 - "You look perfect tonight"
Part 13 - Airport Meetings
Part 14 - Just Leave...
Part 15 - I Missed You
Part 16 - Gemini
Part 17 - Tony Stark
Part 18 - Mind Messages
Part 19 - Elise
Part 21 - Burns
Part 22 - Partners
Part 23 - Banks and Secrets
Part 24 - The New Guy
Part 25 - Birthday Surprises (Part 1)
Part 26 - Birthday Surprises (Part 2)
Part 27 - Questions
Part 28 - Goodbyes and Lies
Part 29 - Drunk from Love
Part 30 - Forget
Part 31 - Ember
Part 32 - Thoughts
Part 33 - Confession
Part 34 - Back Again
Part 35 - Work Lies
Part 36 - Dad
Part 37 - Dinner
Part 38 - Discovery
Part 39 - Consequences
Part 40 - Delmar's
Part 41 - Job Offer
Part 42 - Bottom Bunk
Part 43 - The Ticket
Part 44 - The Call
Part 45 - MJ
Part 46 - Explanation
Part 47 - A Walk
Part 48 - After School
Part 49 - Mom
Part 50 - Reassurance
Part 51 - Meeting
Part 52 - Hero Talks
Part 53 - Safe
Part 54 - Dress
Part 55 - The Last Night
Author's Note & Sequel Tease

Part 20 - The Gift

5.9K 181 160
By mayaxwriter

"Y/N?" Peter says.

"Y/N?" I see Peter sitting on a bench, "Come sit down."

I walk over to him and sit down on the cold bench.

"Our birthday is today!" He reaches over the side of the bench and picks up a nicely wrapped gift. He hands it to me with a huge smile on his face, "Happy birthday!"

I freeze, shocked, our birthday is today? How can this be?

"You don't have a gift for me, do you?" Peter asks coldly.

"Peter, I'm really sorry-" He cuts me off.

"I can't believe you." He gets up.

"I get you an amazing gift, and you forgot?"

Tears form in my eyes, "Peter I'm really sorry, I've been so busy-"

"Busy being Gemini?" He turns his back towards me.

"How do you know?"

"I'm your boyfriend, of course, I knew."

He turns to face me, "I mean, I was, your boyfriend."

"No," I cry, "No Peter please don't do this."

"I'm sorry Y/N. But we're through." He walks away leaving my gift sitting next to me.

I sit there on the bench crying for a few minutes. Once Peter was out of sight, I get up and walk over to the present. My hands brush over the red and white wrapping. I slowly start to unwrap it.

Inside was a little white box. I reach out and take the lid off the box.

A black mist flows out of the box and reaches down my mouth. It fills my throat with a bitter taste. I struggle to breathe and I'm gasping for air.

"Y/N!" I hear someone scream.

I try to reach out for help but no one is there. The mist consumes my eyes and fills my entire body.

"Y/N!" I'm shaken awake by Elise.

I sit up, sweat beating down my face.

"W-what happened?" I asked.

"You were having some sort of nightmare, you kept saying 'Peter I'm sorry'"

I reach over and touch Elise's shoulder, "Elise you need to help me figure out what to do for Peter's birthday."

Elise looks puzzled, "OK, we can think of something in the morning,"

"No, now," I say.

"Y/N, it's one in the morning,"

"Elise, I only have three days to get something figured out, please," I beg.

She thinks and studies my face for a moment,"OK, fine. But you owe me,"

I squeal and jump off the bed.

I grab a box out of my closet and set it down on the bed.

"What is all of this?" Elise asks.

I take the lid off revealing all the pictures of Peter and me, and everything that ever reminded me of him.

"This is the Peter Box," I say.

"Peter Box?'

"It's everything that's ever reminded me of Peter, or any memories of things that I ever did with Peter." I show her the inside, "I thought it could help me think of an idea."

I rifle through everything showing Elise pictures of us, movie tickets, notes, and CDs.

"I guess 11-year old Y/N was head over heels for Peter," She teases.

"Yeah, I was." I sigh.

She picks up a note attached to the back of a stack of CD's, "What's this?"

I take it out of her hands and read the note, "'Dear Y/N, Merry Christmas. Things aren't the same around here without you. It's hard to believe I haven't seen you in four months.'" My face grows hot as I read, "'I really miss you. If you're wondering about the gift, it's some empty CDs. I know you love to sing and you'd love to be a singer, so you can record yourself on these CD's so that you can have them forever. I hope we can see each other soon. Love (as a friend), Peter Parker.'" I finish reading.

I examine the paper and notice that the words "as a friend" are lighter than the rest of the words. He must have added them in last minute.

My brain lights up as if the sun was in there, "Elise! That's it!" I say.

"What's it?' She asks.

"His present!"

"I'm sorry, I need some help here, we're not all geniuses like you and Peter,"

"Elise!" I look at her, "A song! I'll sing him a song! A-and I'll record it so he can have it forever!"

Elise's face lights up, "OK, you honestly are a genius! That's the best idea ever,"

I nod proudly.

"But the problem is, what song?" Elise asks.

"I used to write songs, but it's kinda too late now to write one."

"I'll just find a song that I like and that reminds me of me and Peter and sing it!" I say.

"Let's start looking for a song right now!" Elise squeals.

I grab my laptop off the desk and search up some songs.

We're scrolling through a list of songs when Elise points at the screen, "Wait, I think I've heard that song before. Click on it,"

I click on the link and it leads me to lyrics.

I quickly skim through the lyrics, "Elise! This is perfect!"

"You're welcome," Elise laughs.

I look to the left and see a notebook sitting on my desk, I hold my hand out and make the notebook fly into my hand.

Elise is still amazed by my powers and her mouth is wide open.

"My best friend is a superhero, a genius, and a great friend."

"Aww, thanks."

I write down the title of the song and begin writing down the lyrics.

"Wait, why are you rewriting the lyrics?"

"I want the song to relate to me and Peter so I'm changing a couple to make them sound more like our relationship."

"Oh, makes sense." She watches over my shoulder as I rewrite the lyrics changing a couple.

I finish at 2 AM and close the notebook and find Elise fast asleep on my bed.

I smile and shake her awake, "Elise, I'm finished."

She wakes up slowly and rubs her eyes, "OK, now what?" She asks.

"Now I record it." I announce, "But first I'm going to record a little message for Peter."

I use my powers to open the dresser drawer and pull out my video camera. I have one hand opening the drawer, and the other making motions to pull it out. I close the door and bring the camera to me. Next, I stay sitting on the bed but grab my makeup bag off of my desk. I use my powers to pull a red dress off the clothes hanger in my closet.

Elise sits there with her eyes wide open, "That was so cool!" She yells.

I laugh and toss her the makeup bag, "Make me look camera ready!" I say.

She applies various types of makeup on my face, eyes, and lips. She helps me slip the dress on without ruining my newly made-up face.

She brushes through my hair getting rid of every knot, every tangle, and every imperfection. She gets off the bed and observes her work and gives a big toothy smile.

"You're ready." She says.

She sits on the bed and I grab my desk chair and sit down on it. I grab the box of pictures and hold it in my lap. Elise ques up a karaoke track of the song and is ready to hit record.

I thought for a minute on what to say to Peter in the video, but I realized that I had no clue what to say because there are no words to describe how important he is to me. I picked out some important topics to mention and mentally prepared to talk into the camera.

"Y/N?" Elise asks, "You ready?"

I snap out of my thoughts and nod, "Yeah,"

I fix my hair and wait for Elise to give me the signal.

She counts down on her fingers from five, when she reaches one she points to me, and I hear the beep of the record button.

I take a deep breath and start to say the beginning of a long trip down memory lane. 

A/N: I know!! It's short!! The next part will be published tomorrow night so look out for it! I have so many ideas for this story, it's just getting started. Thanks so much for the support! 

Love, 

MJ Holland Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 10.2K 36
This was the biggest opportunity of your life. A summer in New York City - the summer before you went off to college nonetheless - interning for Star...
48.5K 874 26
Our love might be dangerous, but it's worth sacrificing for... Imagine a life, where you are the Billionaire, Tony Stark's Daughter, A superhero cal...
73.7K 2.1K 23
If you've got a big ol crush on Peter Parker like me than look no further for a random fantasy to dive into instead of worrying about actual life. I...
1.1M 28.7K 14
❝I just wish everyone could... you know, be a hero. Help people.❞ ❝If all people were like you, Peter, you wouldn't be a superhero anymore.❞ [tom ho...