Catch Me If I Fall

By TotesAGirlyGirl

On the first day of school, Mr. Nye (and no his first name isn't Bill) forces Annabelle Snow and her class to... More

Catch Me If I Fall
How Very Wizards of Waverly Place of You
Excuse Me, That's Bob's Seat

Trust Fall

9 5 27
By TotesAGirlyGirl

The first day of school is always simple. All you really have to do is look cute and see everyone you know again. There's never any actual class work, so all you really do is relax. So, forgive me if I was hoping my senior year of high school would be as simple as that, but nooo. A totally clueless Mr. Nye (I don't know
how he hasn't quit yet considering the fact that every time he enters the class room people start singing the "Bill Nye the Science Guy" song) and an idiotic Braiden had to screw up my day right away in first period.

"T, I MISSED YOUUU!" I screamed at my best friend Tamara the second I saw her.

"I MISSED YOU TOO BELLE!" She screamed back running towards me. And then she fell. Maybe I should've helped her up, but I was too busy laughing.

"Shut uppp, you haven't seen me in 2 whole weeks and you're already making fun of me." Well, of course. That's what best friends are for.

"I'm sorry, but watching you fall has been the best part of my day. Now, what's your schedule biatch."

"First period Chem, second period Calculus, third period French, fourth period AP English, Lunch fifth period AP Euro and sixth period I have free period."

"YASS BISHH, WE HAVE FOUR CLASSES TOGETHER! WE HAVE EVERYTHING EXCEPT I HAVE ART SECOND PERIOD AND CALCULUS THIRD. I'M SO HAPPY WE HAVE LUNCH TOGETHER THIS YEAR! LAST YEAR WAS HORRIBLE WITHOUT YOU! THANK THE HOLY GUACAMOLE GODS!" I screamed while judgey freshmen walked by us and one of them said...

"Ugh, I like cannot even believe those are like seniors. Like we are soo totally way more mature then they are." If by mature you mean slutty, then yes.

"I cannot even believe you're old enough to like even be here. You like obviously look like a like 5 year old who was playing with her mommy's like makeup box and like accidentally ended up with a like super totally gross caked face clown look. Oh and that doesn't understand how to actually buy clothes that fit," I replied, imitating her pathetic voice. "So, how about you go scurry along like the trashy child you are and listen to your Jacob Satanus or whatever. Bye bye!"

"UGHHH, it's Jacob Sartorius you bitch! I will cut you if you offend my man again!"

"Awwww, I'm so scared," I stated with a smirk and me a Tamara walked away. I can't believe that chick actually likes Jacob Satanus.

"BRRRRRINNNGGGG!"

"Guess summer is officially over. Shoot me."

"Yeah, yeah okay let's go to Chem"

When we walked into Chem we saw "TRUST FALL" written in big letters on the board. That's not weird at all. Honestly, I've heard Mr. Nye is hella weird, but seriously? Are we actually doing a trust fall on the first day?

"Trust fall? You better catch me, T."

"Yeah, yeah okay," she said as I sat down in the seat next to hers.

"BRRRIIINNNGGGG!" the bell ringed again, causing Mr. Nye to say...

"Good morning class. I hope you all had very good summers, but summers over so please refrain from acting like you're still at home. So, today I planned a lesson revolving a trust fall as an introduction. Maybe this assignment will make you discover the chemistry between yourselves," he said wiggling his eyebrows

"Oh by the way, your partners are assigned," Mr. Nye said just as everyone started to get up. Ughh, gross. I don't want to do the trust fall with someone random.

"Brandon you're with Jack"

"Leila you're with Damon"

"Tamara you're with Andrew" Then he continued on until there was only one person left in the class he hadn't called, me. Guess I have to do a one person trust fall.

"Annabelle, your partner seems to-" Mr. Nye started to say until we was interrupted by Mr. Perfect Braiden, who's actually far from perfect. The idiot casually strolled into the room.

"Oh here he is! Annabelle, you're partners with Braiden!"

"WHAT! No, can't I just do a one person trust fall. Its totally cool. No partner necessary."

So you might be wondering "why is this chick so extra, like can't you just be partners with him instead of causing a scene?" Well, no I can't because I'd rather die than be his partner. Not only is he an annoying, rude, pathetic, idiotic, self-absorbed jerk, but he's also my ex. Yup, last year we were dating, and he cheated on me. So, forgive me if I'm pissed. I should've expected it, I mean of course he's the star quarterback football player. Why wouldn't he be a player off the field too?

Oh and it's not like basically every slut didn't warn me, telling me I wasn't his type blah blah blah, but the thing is, I knew he was a jerk from the beginning. Something just happened. I stopped hating him and started to fall for him instead. I thought he fell for me to. I mean he made this huge deal out of asking me out in the perfect way and taking me out on the perfect first date. I mean he spends all that time chasing after a girl and making her fall in love, just to break her heart in the end. What's the point? I thought he actually cared about me, but I guess I was wrong.

"Calm down cupcake," he said interrupting my thoughts.

"DON'T YOU CALL ME CUPCAKE! For gods sakes, you ruined cupcakes for me, do you really have to rub it in? Now whenever I think of cupcakes, I think of the start of our relationship and I'm sorry if I don't enjoy thinking about the biggest mistake of my life."

As soon as I said "biggest mistake of my life" a look of hurt flashed in his eyes. I couldn't help but feel a little guilty, even though I honestly shouldn't. He deserves a lot worse than me just calling him a mistake.

"Fine, I won't. I won't call you cupcake. And you know what? I'm sorry, so sorry that meeting me was such a mistake. That we were both buying god damn cupcakes at the same time. I'm sorry you bumped into me and the box of cupcakes my mom forced me to pick up for her went flying. I'm so sorry cupcakes flew and went everywhere. I'm sorry that seeing you all flustered with cupcake in your hair and frosting on your face was adorable. I'm sorry that when you apologized I acted like kind of a jerk and that you picked up smashed cupcake from the floor and rubbed it all over my face not giving a crap. That you went directly to the worker and you apologized to her, and left her a big tip, telling her you'd help her clean up, but you really weren't down to stay here any loner and deal with me. You left me there in shock. You were different. You didn't fall down at my feet. I'm sorry the fact that you wanted nothing to do with me did something to me. I'm sorry that I thought I felt something towards you. I'm sorry, I'm so fucking sorry I decided to chase after you. I'm sorry you drove me crazy, but I didn't care. I was falling for you, heck I had already fallen from the moment you smashed a damn cupcake in my face. You know you're the one that just stopped talking to me, but of course this has to be all my fault. So, I'm so fucking sorry."

"I STOPPED TALKING TO YOU FOR A REASON! IF YOU WANT TO BE A MANWHORE, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE LEAD ME ON! I WAS THERE AT THE CUPCAKE SHOP, I DON'T NEED A RECAP! OH AND I DON'T NEED TO HEAR ALL YOUR BULL ABOUT FALLING FOR ME WHEN WE BOTH KNOW THAT WAS A LIE!"

"Hey guys, how about we do the trust fall," Mr. Nye said awkwardly. "Won't that be fun? Please?" Poor Mr. Nye.

"Yeah, let's do that. So fun, a trust fall. I'm sorry Mr. Nye for causing a scene, it won't happen again. I just don't get along with Braiden."

"Okay class. Everyone make sure to introduce yourself to your partner. Then decide who the catcher is and who the faller is. Then everyone go when I say go."

Five minutes later, Mr. Nye said "Go!" And I did my part. I fell. Except Braiden didn't catch me, so I fell flat on the ground instead of into his arms. Why am I not surprised?

"OWW!" I scream because the floor was hard and now my butt hurt.

"Oh god Belle, it was an accident. I'm so so sor-" Braiden said before I cut him off.

"God I've been listening to your fake apologies all period. Save them for someone who cares."

And with that, I stood up and walked out of the classroom with my head held high, only to hear Tamara say to Mr. Nye, "So so sorry, but I gotta go make sure my best friend is okay. Um or use the bathroom, whatever makes you okay with me leaving, bye!" I turned around to see Tamara running after me.

"For gods sake biatch, slow down. I love you, but I don't run. Especially in heels." Yes, she was wearing heels and so was I. We aren't those annoying, extra girls, but it's the first day of senior year. We gotta look poppin'. Also, we're both kind of short, so we kinda need as much help as we can get.

"God finally," Tamara said as she finally caught up to me. "Now, talk to me. The like everything that just happened in that period was kind of cray. You guys were like yelling at each other for literally like ever. Braiden looked like he was gonna cry. Oh and then you fell on your arse. It would've been great for a tv show, but this is your life hun."

"Ughhhhh, I'm just so done with Braiden. He's such a jerk. Oh and he just had to let me fall. Stupid idiot."

"Okay, but did you not hear him basically professing his love to you. I know he broke your heart when you saw him with Mandy. Yes, the fact that he kissed someone else was definitely a dick move and I'm not saying you should like date him again, but maybe, just maybe you should talk to him. You never even told him what you saw, or gave him a chance to explain. You kind of just left and never talked to him again. I know he's an idiot, but shouldn't he still get the opportunity to defend himself or at least know what happened. He seemed so confused and so upset. You guys were just so cute together. I want you to be happy babe, and he made you seriously happy. Just think about it. Don't just completely isolate him out of your life before you know the whole story. Kay?"

"Kay," I said before I burst into tears.

"Sweetie no. Come here," She said before she pulled me into a hug. "It'll all be okay, I promise. If it makes you feel any better, I'll kick Braiden in the balls."

"Yes please!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 26.1K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...
98.5K 2.3K 22
𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚜𝚖 , 𝚗𝚊𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜 𝚒 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 .. ꨄ
3.5M 94K 58
Astrid has never stepped out her house. She didn't know that her parents hitting her wasn't right. She always thought that's how it works. So what ha...
1M 27.9K 60
I ran downstairs in the living room to see all my brothers circling Nefeli who was looking for me desperately, in panic. Ah, I knew the scream could...