The Girl Who Rewinds Time [Li...

By Skippy2026

Daniel Connors is an ordinary student attending Blackwell Academy. Known as a skater around the school, Danie... More

Chapter 1: Blackwell Academy
Chapter 2: The School Alarm
Chapter 3: Campus Grounds
Chapter 4: Unpleasant Encounter
Chapter 5: Nerdy Friend
Chapter 6: Heated Snowflakes
Chapter 7: A New Morning
Chapter 8: Two Whales Diner
Chapter 9: The Blue-Haird Girl
Chapter 10: The Junkyard
Chapter 11: The Drug Dealer
Chapter 12: Friendships and Trains
Chapter 13: Return to Blackwell
Chapter 14: The Jumper
Chapter 15: Eclipse
Chapter 17: The Principals Office
Chapter 18: Blackwell Pool
Chapter 19: Rachel Amber Cosplay
Chapter 20: Old Memories
Chapter 21: The Madsen Confrontation
Chapter 22: The Drug Dealer's RV
Chapter 23: Pained Memories
Chapter 24: Strange Actions
Chapter 25: A Paralyzed Friend
Chapter 26: The Blade Runner
Chapter 27: Ending the Pain
Chapter 28: The Punk and the Skater
Chapter 29: The Seperation
Chapter 30: Reunited with Blackwell
Chapter 31: The Prescott Rival
Chapter 32: The Drug Dealer's Clients
Chapter 33: Putting Them Together
Chapter 34: Some Old Prescott Barn
Chapter 35: Rachel Dawn Amber
Chapter 36: The End of the World Party
Chapter 36: The Everyday Hero
Chapter 37: Always Take The Shot
Chapter 38: The Dark Room
Chapter 39: A Talk With Mark
Chapter 40: Back in Time
Chapter 41: San Francisco
Chapter 42: The Photography Teacher
Chapter 43: The Madsen Reconciliation
Chapter 44: The Swirling Storm
Chapter 45: The Science Kid
Chapter 46: Back Together
Chapter 47: The Storm Strikes
Chapter 48: Always With You
Epilogue
Update: Life After Arcadia

Chapter 16: Late Nights at Blackwell

645 10 1
By Skippy2026

Episode 3: Chaos Theory

My phone vibrated loudly. Waking me up from my sleep. I looked at the time and saw a thread of texts from Chloe.

C- skater boy wakeup!
C- dude!
C- if you don't wake up, me and max are gonna storm in there and drag your ass out!

What the hell is their plan? What are they doing?

D- dam bro, can't a guy sleep? ya got me swing by soon.
C- don't you fall asleep on us I'm not lying when I say we'll drag your ass out

And I don't doubt that. Chloe was never afraid to take risks. And I'm sure that hasn't changed about her.

C- and make sure your door is open.
D- K

I turned on the lights and sat up. Stretching my arms out. They'll probably be over soon. I need to hurry up and change. I lazily put on a white t-shirt, slid on a blue hoodie, zipped it halfway up, dark blue jeans, and my DC branded shoes. I looked at myself in the mirror and ran my fingers through my hair. But it didn't look as good as it usually does after a shower.

What's the idea? What is Max doing with Chloe this late? And why do I need to go with them? Whatever. I'm up. Dressed. Might as well just go hang out with them. Here's hoping nothing bad happens. I've had enough of that stuff after today. Learned that Max has powers. Chloe almost gets hit by a train. The shit with Nathan and Bitchtoria. And now Kate's in the hospital. Too much has happened today.

The door suddenly opened, startling me. In walked Chloe and Max. Chloe saw my freaked out expression and smirked. She said, "Relax, skater boy. It's just us." "Hey, Daniel." Max greeted. Chloe slowly walked around my room. Observing my posters and blu-rays.

"So, what's going on?" I asked. Chloe sat in my black leather chair and placed her hands behind her head and stretched her legs out. Crossing her ankles.

"Blackwell has some secrets. No doubt about that." She said. "But two people in particular have our interest." Chloe said with a smug smile. "In other words, we're looking into the connections between Rachel and Kate." Max told me. "So you were serious about that." I said. "Okay, now that he knows, lets get it on." Chloe said as she stood up. "Slow down there." Max said as she followed her out of the room.

Shit. No going back now.

I grabbed my skateboard and turned off the light and followed them out. Closing my door.

Reaching the front of Blackwell, I skated ahead of Chloe and Max and jumped. The board flipping under me. I successfully landed on the board and skated around the fountain. I skated back to them and skidded to a stop near them.

"You obviously said the right thing... And your badass power is going to save us all." Chloe said to Max. "We just need to connect the players."

"And find out who almost killed Kate. We have to stop this from happening to anybody else." Max said. "Oh yeah, and somehow stop that tornado from wiping out Arcadia Bay... right?" Chloe said. "Didn't you say it was all about "Chaos Theory"?" Max asked her and shrugged. "I don't see any control over this chaos..." She said. Chloe raised an eyebrow. "Oh right, except for your ability to, oh yeah, manipulate time and space. No biggie." She said.

Max sighed. "Chloe, I just feel weird about some of my decisions." She said. "Especially after I just got your step-bully suspended..." I looked at her. "Holy shit. David's gone? Thank fucking god, man. Maybe without that asshole, I can finally skate around." I said. "Dude, do not even torture yourself like that. Let's focus on looking for clues, okay?" Chloe said. Max nodded.

"Right, for one thing, there's too much coincidence between the people around Kate and Rachel." Max said. "Like step-prick and Nathan Prescott?" Chloe said. Max shook her head.

"Not just them." Max said.

"Yep... I just want to beat the shit out of those particular bros..." Chloe said to her.

"Hey, I already fought Nathan once." I said. Max grinned and gripped her hip. "And lost?" She said. "You lost to a pipsqueak like Nathan?" Chloe said to me with a mocking smile. I laughed sarcastically. "Hahahaha! Let's go." I said and walked away.

"Hold on there, Daniel. You wouldn't be getting anywhere without these." Chloe said.

"Without what?" I asked as I spun around.

"Is this the secret you told me about?" Max asked. Chloe nodded. "Drum roll please... I present the spare keys to Blackwell." Chloe said, holding a pair of keys. "Thank you, step-prick."

"You are such a boss, Chloe. I just don't want you to get into anymore trouble..." Max said.

Chloe spread out her arms. "Look at all the trouble dropping in Arcadia Bay. At this point, who gives a fuck anymore?" She said. "I sure as hell don't." I said as I picked up a rock and threw it at the school. We watched as the rock bounced off the building.

"Not entirely sure why I did that. That could of busted us." I said. "Yeah, dumbass." Chloe said, smacking the back of my head. Chloe looked back at Max. "We're in it to win it, Max. Lead the way." She said.

Max smiled. "I'm so glad you're my partner in crime." She said, pressing her hand on Chloe's back. Chloe smiled. "As long as you're my partner in time." She said. "Insert groan here..." Max replied.

I let out a laugh. "Is this what it's like with you two?" I asked. Chloe smiled at me. "Get used to it, skater boy." She said. I grabbed my skateboard and walked behind them.

The door suddenly opened. "Thank you again so much for helping me put together a portfolio." An all too familiar voice said.

Victoria stalked out of Blackwell. Mr. Jefferson was close behind her. "Hopefully the rest of the class will follow your lead. I'm sorry I was distracted." Mr. Jefferson said. "As you know, it has not been a good day for Blackwell." Victoria smiled at him. "I know this has been an awful day and you can talk to me anytime, Mr. Jefferson."

He dismissed her obvious intentions of attraction and said, "Thank you, Victoria. I'm glad it had a relatively happy ending."

"I don't know what I would have done if Katie jumped..." Victoria said.

Mr. Jefferson raised his eyebrows. "Katie"? I had no idea you two were that close... did she?" Victoria questioned, "Well... how does this affect the "Everyday Heroes" contest?" Mr. Jefferson shook his head. "It doesn't." He said. "The contest is still a go and I still have to pick the winner to best represent Blackwell." He told her. "I've got all the photos except one from Max..."

I actually don't remember handing in my photo. I guess I did.

"I'll give you a one-word preview of Max's photo—selfie." Victoria said to the teacher. "Listen, you've seen my entry, you know it's better than that." She said. She smiled seductively. "Wouldn't that be so cool to hang out together in San Francisco, Mark?" Mr. Jefferson ran his fingers through his hair. "Stick to Mr. Jefferson, Victoria. Please? And, uh... I haven't picked a winner yet." He said as he tried to walk away.

But Victoria grabbed his arm. Stopping him from leaving. "You already love my work, so it's not like you're playing favorites." She said to him. "Just imagine if you picked my photo though..." She said. Chloe looked at me and made a gagging sound.

"We would have to spend a lot of time together. That could be... fun, don't you think?" Victoria said. But Mr. Jefferson didn't look convinced. "I'm going to think you didn't say any of that." He told her. "You might as well choose me..." She said back. "Otherwise I might have to tell people you offered to choose my photo for favors or something..."

Mr. Jefferson slightly glared at her. "As a favor to your future, I'll also ignore that undisguised threat." He looked firmly at her. "This conversation is officially over, Miss Chase, I suggest you go back to your dorm now." He told her. "Wait, I only..." Victoria said toward him, but Mr. Jefferson walked away from her.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" She said to herself. We watched as Victoria passed us. Walking to the girls' dorm. "That's so stupid!" Victoria muttered. "Just when I think Victoria can't get anymore evil." Max said to us. "Shit is about to get real at Blackwell." Chloe said. "Let's go find out." Max said and we quietly snuck to the doors.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 252 32
After struggling to find and keep jobs, Chloe gets the idea to go on a road trip to Dellwood, Ohio to spend the holidays with her girlfriend, Max Cau...
33.5K 553 13
You're the adopted child of James Amber but found he hid it from you. So you left to find your real mom and now you've finally came back to Arcadia B...
356 2 26
Max's journal I do not own this story but these are my choices in the game. All rights go to square enix and dontnod entertainment
46.9K 1.3K 44
Pricefield AU where Max grew up in Seattle and never met Chloe until high school. Blackwell has dual dorms and they got partnered up as dorm buddies...