Man in the Mirror || irwin (D...

By desmadres

She found something, or rather someone, she never expected to find in her new room. More

man in the mirror
prologue
[ part one ]
[ 1 ] 2013
[ 2 ] 2013
[ 3 ] 1960
[ 4 ] 2013
[ 5 ] 2013
[ 6 ] 2013
[ 7 ] 2013
[ 8 ] 2013
[ 9 ] 1960
[ 10 ] 2013
[ 11 ] 2013
[ 12 ] 2013
[ 13 ] 2013
[ 14 ] 2013
[ 15 ] 2013
[ 16 ] 2013
[ 17 ] 2013
[ 18 ] 2013
[ part two ]
[ 20 ] 2013
[ 21 ] 2013
[ 22 ] 2013
[ 23 ] 2013
[ 24 ] 2013
[ 25 ] 1960
[ 26 ] 1960
[ 27 ] 2013
[ 28 ] 2013
[ 29 ] 2013
[ contest ]
[ 30 ] 2013
[ 31 ] 2013
[ 32 ] 2013
[ 33 ] 2013
[ winners ]
[ 34 ] 2013
[ 35 ] 2013
[ 36 ] 2013
[ part three ]
[ 37 ] 2013
[ 38 ] 2013
[ 39 ] 1961
[ 40 ] 2013
[ 41 ] 2013
[ 42 ] 2013
[ 43 ] 2013
[ 44 ] 2013
[ 45 ] 2013
[ 46 ] 1962
[ 47 ] 2013
[ 48 ] 2013
[ 49 ] 2013
[ 50 ] 2013
[ 51 ] 2013
[ 52 ] 2013
sequel
MITM Series

[ 19 ] 2013

36.1K 1.4K 603
By desmadres

[ 19 ] 2013

"Its where your soul travels after you die. It comes here and you walk down the hallway; the door that lights up is the one that you need to open in order to get to the afterlife."

-

Calum was quickly able to compose himself in a matter of seconds, a smirk forming on his lips. "You got him out of the mirror for me. Thanks, Harley."

"I didn't do it for you." She replied, "I did it for him."

"But..." He began, playing innocent. "Didn't you say you would help me get rid of him. You said you wanted him gone."

Ashton looked at Harley, disbelief clear on his face. "Harley?"

"Isn't that what you said?" Calum asked.

She shook her head, "You're lying. I never said that."

Meanwhile, Michael stood there, saying nothing. And Harley noticed, he didn't seem the slightest bit freaked out or scared that she and Calum were talking to someone who wasn't even supposed to be there. 

"Ashton, he's lying." She swore and she wanted him to believe it.

"I'm not." His words came out in a laugh.

"I trust her more than you." Ashton replied through gritted teeth.

Calum shrugged his shoulders. "Well, it doesn't really matter though, does it? Since it looks like today was your last day on this earth." Harley saw a red aura form over his hands like flames and he lunged forward, trying to grab onto Ashton.

Harley stepped in front of Ashton before he could touch him. 

When Calum's hands came into contact with her arms, everything around her instantly went black.

.

.

.

.

She woke up on the floor of a dark hallway, in a place she didn't recognize.

"Ashton!" Was the first person she could think to call for.

But it seemed like the place was empty. And there were dim lanterns hanging from the walls, but they didn't produce enough light to help her find her way around.

"Harley!" She heard her name from the other side of the hallway.

"Calum?" She called back.

"Follow my voice." He instructed and she did as she was told. 

Her feet carried her, making light echoing noises as she ran. It seemed like ages before she bumped into him, knocking him down to the ground. "Sorry." She apologized, trying to catch her breath. Remembering why they were there, anger qiuckly laced her words, "Wait, I'm not sorry. Its your fault we're here. Get us out, now!" Her hand rolled into a fist and she pushed it forward to punch him, but she missed and his the ground beneath her.

"Why did you have to get in the way?" Calum asked in annoyance, pushing Harley off him. "I almost had him."

"He doesn't want you to do it." She reminded him.

Both got back on their feet. 

"How did you get him out of the mirror?" Calum asked her. "I need to know how you did it. I've been trying for ages."

"Fuck you. I'm not telling you." She spat, crossing her arms over her chest. She tried to look around again, her eyes seeing only darkness. "Where did you bring us anyway?"

"Its where your soul travels after you die." Calum explained. "It comes here and you walk down the hallway; the door that lights up is the one that you need to open in order to get to the afterlife."

"Then why are we here?" She asked.

"Because when a soul is bound to a mirror, it remains on earth, lost. That's where we come in. We're supposed to help the person's soul find its way here so they can finally rest in peace." He replied. "And that's what I've been trying to do with Ashton."

"But you don't want to help him." She pointed out. "You just want him gone for your own selfish reasons."

"Does it fucking matter why I want him gone?" Calum snapped. "I'm doing him a fucking favor."

"He doesn't want your help!" Harley raised her voice.

"I'm gonna get rid of that fucking mirror boy whether you want me to or not." He told her.

"Not if I can stop you."

He said in an amused tone, "You think you're stronger than me?"

"I know I am." She replied, "Or are you forgetting I got someone out of the mirror before you ever could?"

In a flash, she felt his hands on her shoulders and she was pushed backward against the wall. She knew his face was inches away from hers, thought she couldn't see it, but she could feel his warm breath on her face as he said angrily. "You got lucky, Quinn."

To her right, she saw a flashing light.

It was a door, above it was a timer.

It read 1:06:09.

"What is that?" She asked, gesturing to the timer.

Now she was able to see his dimly illuminated face. He turned in the direction she was pointing and cursed under his breath. "Shit, we need to get out of here."

"What's happening?" 

"I forgot to give you one minor detail about this place." He began, his eyes still trained on the timer.

00:51:48.

"Tell me." She urged.

"Once you come in here, you have five minutes to do whatever it is you need to do; whether you're a shifter or a soul." He explained hurriedly. "Once the time is up, that's it, you're done. You're trapped here forever."

Her eyes widened at his words. "How do we get out?"

00:43:29.

He took her hands in his. "Concentrate. Picture yourself back in the hallway where we were just a few moments ago."

She closed her eyes tightly, trying to do what he told her. But her heart was beating against her chest madly. She didn't want to stay in this place forever. She still had her entire life ahed of her. There were so many things she still needed to experience.

It took her a couple of seconds, but she finally felt herself drifting away.

I felt like she was falling asleep.

And suddenly, she was gone.

.

.

.

.

She woke up back in her bedroom, disoriented and confused.

"What am I doing here?" She asked to no one in particular.

"I brought you." A voice answered, startling her. 

Her eyes searched her room until they spotted a teenage boy with white hair standing at her doorway. On the edge of her bed she saw Ashton, relieved to see she was fine. 

Ashton smiled warmly. "I was worried about you."

"Where's Calum?" She asked. 

"At his house." Michael replied. "After you passed out in the hallway, I thought it would be best to bring you back here."

"I thought you didn't know where the house was." She asked him suspiciously.

A slight grin formed on his lips. 

"I lied."

Her eyes narrowed into thin slits. "Why? Who are you?"

"I knew, from the moment we shook hands, that you were different. You're a monster, like me. You're a shifter." He said the word with disgust. "I know because I could see your entire life, from start to finish, flash before my eyes when our skin touched, that only happens with other shifters."

"You're a shifter too." She breathed.

-

YAY, THE BEGINNING OF PART TWO.

I THOUGHT YOU GUYS DESERVED ANOTHER CHAPTER TODAY :D

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 80K READS ON THIS STORY. IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME, BBYS. I AM SO EXCITED FOR 100K, I AM SO CLOSE.

YOU KNOW, THERE WAS ONE POINT WHERE I WAS CONSIDERING MAKING MICHAEL A SHIFTER HUNTER. BUT THEN I THREW THAT IDEA OUT. BUT NOW...I DON'T KNOW IF I WANT TO BRING IT BACK.

I MEAN, LIKE HE'S GONNA BE OUT THERE KILLING SHIFTERS.

ANYWAY, THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THIS STORY.

IT HONESTLY MEANS THE WORLD TO ME.

SONG OF THE DAY: STRAWBERRY FIELDS FOREVER --- THE BEATLES (LOVE VERSION). I'M GONNA PUT THE SONG IN THE SIDEBAR.

LISTEN TO IT CAUSE ITS AMAZING.

QUESTION OF THE DAY>>> WHICH IS YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY? MINE IS CHRISTMAS CAUSE ITS SO HAPPY AND THE FAMILY GETS TOGETHER. AND WE USED TO GO TO MEXICO FOR CHRISTMAS, BUT NOW WE DON'T GO ANYMORE. BUT EVEN SO, CHRISTMAS REMINDS ME OF MEXICO FOR SOME REASON. SOMETHING ABOUT THE MUSIC, THE FOOD, THE AGUNALDOS. ITS SO WARM AND LOVELY.

SO THAT WAS TODAY'S CHAPTER.

OH AND QUICK NOTE: IM ALSO ADDING PICTURES OF CINDY AND BILLY IN THE SIDEBAR, SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE IN MY MIND(:

I LOVE YOU.

-CLARY xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 451 26
Dinah Jane had no idea how much she needed Lauren until the girl appeared into her life. It was like fate.
70K 2.2K 27
All you ever wanted is to have someone that you can trust, talk to, be yourself with and when you thought you found that someone, suddenly everything...
2.4K 36 16
I moved to a strange town, I moved out of the house finally, and I'm enjoying my new home besides the fact that I have a neighbor, I never grew up wi...
13.3K 509 37
when the love of his life returns home, but in the arms of someone else.