ᑌᑎᔕTᗴᗩᗪY

By Lava98

Wanting to be a superhero and becoming one, are two completely different things. But becoming the opposite? T... More

Character Description
Saved by the Deranged Duo
Training from the Queen of Crime
Training from the King of Crime
Episode 5: Schooled
Debut
School
Monkey Business
Date with Kid Flash
Baby Justice (Day 1)
Baby Justice (Day 2)
Plants
Genderbend (Part 1 of 3)
Genderbend (Part 2 of 3)
Genderbend (Part 3 of 3)
Parental Instincts (Part 1 of 3)
Parental Instincts (Part 2 of 3)
Parental Instincts (Part 3 of 3)
Torture
Bye Adults
Blackmailed
Image
Thanksgiving
Happy Birthday, Richy!
Christmas Concert
Hurt
Haly's Circus
Secrets Revealed
The Battle Won
To The Future
Year 2012
Wayne Charity Gala
No
Funeral
Epilogue: Letters from Aura

Officially a Family

430 23 5
By Lava98

What would I do without your smart mouth
Drawing me in, and you kicking me out
Got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down
What's going on in that beautiful mind
I'm on your magical mystery ride
And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright
~All of Me ~ John Legend~

...January 8, 2011...

I've packed up all my things from the cave. Today's the day that I'm finally moving into the house I'm legally bound to. Barry and Iris' house. They're my legal parents after all. Wally and the others haven't stopped grinning all day. Wally's been back and forth, dropping all my bags off at Barry's house. Megan, Conner, Wally, and I are all in the mission room, waiting for Barry.

"Recognized: Flash, 04."

Barry enters in civvies, smiling when his eyes land on me. "You ready kiddo?"

"Yeah."

"Before we go to the house, I have somewhere to take you first," Barry says, moving over to the zeta control and entering Central City.

"Where?" I ask.

"You'll see when we get there," he says, entering the zeta-tube.

I wave goodbye to Megan, Conner, and Wally.

"Recognized: Flash, 04. Bolt, B08."

We re-emerge out in an alley in Central City.

"Follow me," Barry says, speeding off.

I quickly follow after him. We stop in a grave yard and I look at him confused. "What are we doing in a cemetery?"

"Look," he says, pointing at the two graves in front of us. "I thought you should see them."

I look at the graves to read off the names of my parents. My biological parents. Paul and Nina Evans. "Mom... Dad..." I bend down to lean on my knees.

"I don't think you ever got to see this and thought you should," Barry says.

I chuckle sadly. "Is it bad that I can't remember what they look like? I can imagine them but their faces are blank... I can't even remember any memories with them..."

"You've been through a lot the last few years," Barry says, placing a hand on my shoulder. "I wouldn't expect you to fully remember. You were young when they died."

"Thank you for doing this, Barry."

"No problem, kid."

We sit there for a little while longer before I stand up. "Alright, I'm good. Let's go home."

"About that," Barry says. "I'm not your legal dad anymore."

"What?!" I shout. "Then who?! I swear if Bruce is adopting me I'll runaway again. I'd rather not be dating my adopted brother."

Barry laughs, shaking his head no. "Iris and I were thinking that we have no idea how to raise a teenager. We thought we'd let someone else, that knows how to raise a speedster teenager, be your parents."

My eyes widen. "You don't mean–"

"Let's go. They're waiting for us," Barry says, dashing off.

I follow and we stop at a familiar house. Wally greets us on the front porch.

"Hey, sis," Wally grins. "It's about time you got here."

"Oh my God! Seriously?!" I turn to Barry happily.

He nods. "Welcome home, niece."

I pull the two in a big hug. "I love you guys!"

Wally separates, grabbing my hand and racing past his parents and the team that are inside waiting for me. "You gotta see your room. The team pitched in to make it."

"Is that why you all were gone that one day? Did everyone know about this?"

"Yes and yes," he says, stopping us in front of a door. "Here's your room." He moves out of the way.

I open the door, giving him a weary glance before going inside. My eyes widen, everywhere I look is a touch of each team member. "You guys... are awesome."

"I know," Wally smugly says.

On the bedside table is a picture of all of us at the beach. Next to it is another picture. It's a picture of my parents and I before the particle accelerator failed. I move up to it picking it up.

"How did you get this?" I ask.

Wally points to a few large suitcases in the corner of the room. "All of those things are your parents things. Barry has the rest of it in his attic. He said that you can sort through it when you're ready."

I wipe away a stray tear before looking around the rest of the room. Beside the bed on a large dog bed is Storm. She looks up at me with what I can imagine to be a grin.

"Even Storm knew!" I huff.

Wally laughs.

A knock interrupts his laugh. We turn to the door to see the team standing there with smiles.

"You two are siblings now!" Megan squeals. "I'm so happy for you!"

~~~5:12am~~~

"Aura you need to run!" dad shouts at me.
"Not without you and mom!"
An explosion washes over us. A large ceiling tile cracks and falls toward us. Mom and dad push me out the way. I turn to them reaching out for them, watching the life flow from their eyes before my vision fades to darkness.

"After all we did for you," Joker scolds. "You decide to be a hero." He raises his knife, plunging it into me repeatedly all while laughing. "Let me set you straight."

"You've killed," Batman growls. "You're off the team and heading to the asylum with your father."

"You'll regret becoming a hero," Poison Ivy says, wrapping a vine around each of my limbs and pulling them in different directions.

"Daughter? Niece?" Barry glares. "How could a killer ever be related to me?"

"How could I let a murderer be my sister?" Wally grunts.

I awake in a gasp. Not recognizing the room I'm in, I panic, jumping straight into the nearest electric socket. I don't realize where I'm going until I pop out into a familiar room. I whimper, cradling myself to the floor.

"Huh?" a tired voice calls out. Shuffling is heard and the room lights up from a bedside lamp. "Aura?" The person throws their blankets to the side, moving over to me. "What are you doing here? Are you... c-crying? Aura?" He sits down next to me and rubs my back.

"N-Nightmare... J-Joker..."

"It's okay," Richy reassures. "It wasn't real." He pulls me into his lap, cradling me in a hug. "You're okay. I won't let anyone hurt you." After a few minutes pass of me still not calming down, he begins to softly sing All of Me to see if that'll help.

I grip onto his shirt letting out my fears through tears. I begin to calm down, enough that only slight whimpers are escaping. He picks me up a few minutes after I've calmed down to a few sniffles and takes me to his bed.

I sniffle. "T-Thank you... for s-singing to me... That really helped."

"It's alright. We all have nightmares at some point. Let's get to sleep..." He yawns. "It's late. I'll protect you from your nightmares."

He sets me on the bed. We both bury ourselves into the sheets. He wraps his arms around me as I snuggle into his chest.

"I-I love you..."

His eyes are closed but he grins. "Good because I love you too. Don't know what'd I'd do if you didn't return my feelings."

I chuckle, wiping my eyes. "W-Well, I was flirting with you every chance I could. You're adorable when you blush."

"No more blushing for me. I'm gonna flirt right back now."

"Are you?" I snicker.

"Glad you're feeling better," he smiles, kissing my forehead.

"You missed," I tease.

"Did I?" he teases back. "Darn." This time he kisses my nose.

"Getting the jitters?"

"Now you're being mean," he pouts, looking down at me. He grins, leaning down.

I lean up and peck him on the lips. "That's better."

We laugh.

"I love you, dork."

"Back at you," I smile, leaning my head back on his chest. "Goodnight, bird boy."

"Goodnight, pinkie."

~~~

Wally bursts into Aura's room to tell her it's breakfast time and she's been asleep for too long. He gasps, seeing she's not there. He moves around the room, seeing if she's hiding or in the bathroom. He comes up empty handed and rushes downstairs.

"Mom! Dad! Aura's not in her room. Her phone and communicator are still here. She never goes anywhere without them."

"Maybe she's exploring Central," his mom responds calmly.

"She might've just needed some fresh air," his dad continues. "Moving to a new place is sometimes scary."

"I have a bad feeling," Wally says nervously.

"I'm sure she'll be back soon," mom says. "Come and eat breakfast."

"Fine," Wally says, plopping in a chair and begins shoveling food in his mouth.

An hour passes.

"Okay, I'll call Barry," mom says, making her way to the phone.

"I'll contact the team," Wally says, heading into the nearest zeta-tube.

"Recognized: Kid Flash, B02."

He speeds into the living room to find Megan and Conner.

Megan takes notice of his panicked state. "Wally, are you okay?"

"Auraismissing," he says so quickly nobody caught it.

"What?" Megan says confused.

"Auraismissing," he repeats still fast but slightly slower.

Superboy picks it up. "Aura is missing?"

"Yes!"

"Let's go and find her!" Megan says.

"I'mcontactingeveryoneelse," Wally rushes and darts back to the mission room to pull up each team member.

In 34 minutes time, the team, the whole Justice League, and anyone close to Aura is searching for her. All are panicking, though she'll never know how worried they all were.

~~~Batcave~~~

"Alfred, go wake Dick and tell him his girlfriend is missing," Bruce tells him while rubbing his temples. "Maybe he knows where she is."

Alfred nods, leaving up to Dick's room. He gives a light knock on the door before entering and finds exactly who the league has gotten their panties in a twist over, snuggling up to Dick.

He quietly closes the door with a smile, heading back down to the Batcave.

"Where's Dick?" Bruce asks.

"Fast asleep with Aura," Alfred says.

Bruce's eyes widen for a second before giving a light chuckle. "Of course she is..." He gets in contact with everyone at once. "I found her."

"Whereisshe?!" Flash and Kid Flash shout quickly.

Bruce doesn't catch what they said but answers, having a good idea of what they asked. "She and Robin are fast asleep in his room. She's safe."

"She's wher–?!" the two speedsters shout before Bruce cuts them off.

"They didn't–" Bruce begins to ask Alfred.

Alfred quickly cuts him off. "They were both clothed. I very much doubt it."

Bruce sighs in relief. "Thank god... I really don't want grandkids yet."

~~~Extra~~~

After the fiasco, Dick and Aura eventually get up and Alfred makes breakfast for the two even though it's two in the afternoon. Pancakes, bacon, and eggs. Bruce blocked Flash and Kid Flash's access to the Batcave. Aura explains the situation as to why she's there even telling them her nightmare. Kid Flash does eventually arrive at the manor by running there all the way from Central, giving Aura a lecture once arriving. He feels bad after Dick tells him she had a bad nightmare. Wally then apologizes to her. She promises to try to be more careful next time but no promises.

Some nights, if it wasn't as bad a dream where she would panic, she'd sometimes go into Wally's room and snuggle with her big brother. He gives a small smile before wrapping a protective arm around her and falling back asleep.

...~~~...
Had to have a short sweet chapter. I've got quite a few more chapters for you. It's not over until the epilogue.
Tata, my Lavaians!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

277K 12.4K 92
'Gotham.....I'm in Gotham.......I'M IN GOTHAM' Yes, yes you were 'What, what the actual hell is happening, is this a dream? Am I de'- You looked over...
402K 9.2K 38
I quickly stood up from my chair and kicked it away. My face turning red from embarrassment. "You can do this, you can do this" I chanted to myself a...
18.8K 581 25
DC Series Book One "No don't..." But her arms go up and the mesmerizing portals appear. Through the portal closest to them, the boys can see grass an...
299K 9.9K 44
5/--/18: #2 in #theflash 6/- -/19: #7 in #theflash 8/28/19: #1 in #dccomics 5/6/21: #3 in #greenarrow She can control time. Speed it up, slow it down...