Manan : Conflicting Changes

By Beyond_Moon

Two strangers met threw a call and eventually one of them gets so hurt that they step into another's life to... More

1. Manik Malhotra
2.My Life
3.Buddy's love life.
4.A Stranger's Call
5.Stranger,maybe not.!
6. Who is he?
7. Epic Conversation
8.Nutella and Me
9.Surprise.!!
10. Secrets revealed
11. Confronting.??
12.Harsh Truth
13. Unshaped things
14.Friends??
15.Letting Go!
16.Game, on point
18.So-called Date!
19.Nutella is no more sweet!
20.Eventful
21.Party
22.Feelings all over the place
23.Trap
24. Uncertainty
25(a) Conflicting Changes
25(b) Conflicting Changes

17.Rollercoaster

2.5K 272 76
By Beyond_Moon

Happy Reading :)

******

Manik entered her cabin and locked the door. It is pretty late now as almost everyone left. Nandini looked at Manik who is now walking towards her with a smirk on his face. "Manik?" she sounded being unsure of his sudden behavior. But it seemed like he is not at all interested in answering her as she got no response. 

He walked past her desk and stood near her chair. She is still sitting in her chair and squealed a little bit when he suddenly turned her chair towards him. He is looking so handsome with that devilish smirk with his messed up hair and loosened tie. She tried to get up from her chair but before she can do anything further, he leaned towards her and gripped both side arms of her chair making her feeling cornered.

 He is looking straight into her eyes without any diversion and the confidence in him made her feel helpless. "Ma..Manik, Whaa....What are...you doing?" she stumbled over her words so badly and completed her sentence, but it seemed he is more interested in staring at her face rather than paying attention to her words.

He leaned furthermore towards her face by letting her know the brand of his perfume and she can literally hear her heart thumping hard due to his breath that is falling all over her face. Their faces are so close and he is still leaning further making her know that he is not gonna stop until he reaches his destination. 

But then suddenly, her mind kicked her very hard by putting some sense into her and alarmed her about their position. Manik seemed very distracted as now he is just a mere inches apart from her face, and by taking this chance, she suddenly jerked him away from her.

By pushing him aside, she ran towards the door quickly and when she is going to unlock the door, Manik came from behind and pinned her back to the door by holding her tightly. It is really getting difficult for her and he left no escape for her. 

"Manik...leave.....m..me," she said by struggling to get away from his grip. "Why should I? You only teased me right, so now bear the consequences" he whispered huskily in her eyes and she shivered when his lips got contacted with her ears. 

He left her hands and got a hold of her waist tightly making her stand on his toes. His eyes, they are like talking to her in their own language, it is like he is doing some magic on her. She just looked at his perfectly sculptured face and her hands unknowingly cupped his face on either side.

They are just cms away from each other, and it seemed impossible to stop and his face getting closer and closer and she already felt that her lips getting dried. He inched furthermore like a predator and she felt like a prey, and then their lips finally got...........

Nandini woke up from her bed thumping hardly and she removed her sweat from forehead. It's past 12, She sat on her bed by closing her face with her palms and calming herself down by mumbling that it is just a silly dream. She really had to get a grip on herself, she is here to tempt him but not to get tempted him. 

She messed up her messy hair more by just laying on her bed once again by closing her eyes trying to get some sleep again and started thinking about her childhood memories so that she can divert her thoughts.

But then what else can she do, apart from avoiding this crazy dream and living her life as if this dream has never happened. It's getting really difficult for her and every minute when he is around her, she has to repeat herself to stay strong and fight the urge to not to go to him and ask him why he played with her by holding his collars. Whenever she sees in front of her either she wants to go away from him and cry endlessly by shutting herself or just beat him brutally until she gets satisfied. 

Damn it, it is hard for her. 

After all, she loved him once and he was her first love, he is the one who let her came out of her shell and made her believe in the true love. She loved him so genuinely and expected nothing different but the same from him. But then it is all just a lie. A lie. She can never forgive him for breaking her heart and not caring about it.

But then again, thanks to him for making her understand that fantasies can never happen in reality.

Saturday Morning, 10 AM :

Its a weekend, so everyone is enjoying their free time. Coming to our very own Prince Malhotra, well he is quite happy and on high today. He did a fantastic skype call with his parents in the morning, but in the last his parent's only wish is to see him as soon as possible, they got upset when he said that he can't pay them a visit any sooner but promised them that he will come for a long vacation over there and also he gave his word that he will introduce someone special to them. And that made, his mom so happy as her son is finally behaving like a normal guy, after all, he just hinted them that there is no need for them to find any matches for him. Not would they do, as love is always precious and most expensive thing on this planet.

After talking to them for two hours, he ended their video call and got ready for a little shopping. Well, he has to look special this evening but how ironic it is as he should be the one who had to ask her out and should be busy in all the arrangements but here Nandini asked him out herself and she is taking care of all those arrangements, she just messaged him the address sometime back by mentioning the time .

Manik is now in the mall, selecting his clothes and as far as he knows Nandini is quite simple but a sophisticated one, so even he should dress like that. Some salesman came to him for help in his shopping, but Manik shooed him away by saying "instead of your help, I prefer some privacy". 

Well, Manik has always had a way with his clothing style and never took anyone's help in it as for him it is like only you can know what is perfect for you and what your styling is, and his styling is being comforted yet stylish. That's how he prefers!

But today as his date is so special and he had to impress her or at least should have a good appearance, for that he is really struggling. Nevertheless, when he is between his shopping, his phone ringed flashing Nutella's name. The name itself made him happy and he lifted the call by holding some jean in his hand which he selected a few minutes back.

"Hey," he said by going towards shirts and tees zone while holding his jeans.

"Hi Manik, What's up?" she said while she is making coffee herself. She just got woke a few minutes back.

"Guess what, yesterday I walked up to Nandini and asked her out for a date and she said yes. See, I told ya that no one can resist Manik Malhotra's charm " he said by acting all cool and lied so conveniently. 

Of course, Nutella will never come to know about his little secret also he can't tell her that he actually chickened out in front of his boss and she is the one who took charge.

"Really?" Nandini asked him with a disbelief. She exactly remembered the way he struggled yesterday and failed in asking her which made her ask him instead. And now he is acting all cool by lying to her.

Huh, men and their egos!

"Ye....Yeah, obviously" he replied by being a little uncomfortable.

"So, what are you doing," she asked him as she slowly sipped her coffee.

"Shopping," he said. Well, he seemed busy and that just reminded her that even she had to choose her outfit as she finished all the arrangements.

"So, what are you going to wear?" she asked him casually so that by listening to his answer, she can match her outfit with his'.

"Clothes" he shrugged.

"Joke tha? oh my god Manik, you are so funny. ha ha ha" she faked her laugh at the end with sarcasm.

"Okay, bad one. Well, I just selected some torn rugged jeans and now i am confused in pairing up a tee shirt with a leather jacket" he told her by examining some tees in his hand and by managing the phone with his other hand.

He can't be serious!

"Seriously, Manik you are going on a date not to join some rock music band. Just go for a white shirt with some decent jeans and good blazer....." while she is saying he cut her off in middle.

"Woah...seriously, now I, the Manik Malhotra is going to need your advice on my dressing style. Nutella, you can't be kidding. I know how to dress myself, okay!" he said in a tone that you-cant-be-serious and shrugged off her idea non-chantly.

"Your Karma" she hanged up by getting irritated by his overconfidence and arrogance. Huh, he really needs a lesson. It seems now she needs to gear up herself to select her outfit. She has no time for the parlor, so she just has to do everything herself.

Evening:

Manik left his apartment by making sure that his hairstyle is perfect and took his bike keys after locking the flat's door, and yes today after shopping, he spent his entire afternoon by cleaning his baby.

Men and their obsessions!

He started his baby, I mean his bike, he roared his beast by wearing a helmet and yes, he started somewhat early as we all know about Mumbai traffics, right? but then due to his unlucky he did got stuck in traffic and he really doesn't want to get late on this special day. So, instead of waiting in traffic he took a U-turn and a shortcut route from there.

This route is pretty empty and this lane is fully deserted but when he is going to cross this lane, he heard a scream, a woman's scream indeed. He decreased his speed and stopped at the car which is in the middle of the road with a door open and some shopping bags scattered on the road.

 He got off on his bike, by checking that car which is empty. He looked for the woman hoping that nothing should happen to her and he noticed someone struggling with three guys at the dark corner of the lane. They are trying to drag her somewhere forcefully.

He just marched up to there and freed that girl from their hold with a strong impact. The boys seemed youngsters and high on alcohol, it seems they are not thinking straight. But it doesn't give them the right to abduct some girl.

Manik removed his blazer as he doesn't want to ruin it and gave it to the girl to hold it in her hands who stood in dark staring blankly. While she is holding his blazer in her hands, she watched him, he is folding his sleeves up but then she flinched when a guy punched him hard in his stomach but he is still folding his sleeves.

After folding up his sleeves till his elbow on either arm, Manik looked at the boy who just hit him and now he is coming in his direction aiming his face, but Manik swiftly dodged his punch and gave a tight slap on that boy's cheek. Yes, a good tight slap due to which the boy fell on the street. 

"Huh, I can't let you ruin my pretty face" he sang those words to the boy who fell on the road. 

And the remaining two just attacked him but Manik dived from their punches and rewarded each of them with strong kicks in their stomach and punches on their face in result they got knocked off on the road itself. They are already high on alcohol and also they are quite young which made his job so easy.

Manik turned towards the girl who is still standing on the road by holding his blazer. Due to that stupid dim light, he couldn't able to see her face. "Geez woman, you need to be careful especially when you are alone," he said to the girl and took his blazer from her.

"I guess you are alright. Hang on, why are you not responding?" he asked her by getting no response from her. Maybe she is in shock. Or worse, maybe she got hurt but then her standing portrait is absolutely fine. Is she deaf or dumb? there can be chances you know.

As he got no response from that girl, he just sighed and turn his back to go to his bike. "Thank you, Manik," she said. Like finally, she responded.

 Hold on, how the fuck does she know his name?

He turned towards her and flashed his phone light on her face and got shocked when he saw her face. 

"Oh fuck, Alia! is that you?" he asked her when he saw her face clearly.

She is crying and hugged him suddenly by mumbling "I..I don't know ....how it happened...they just came from nowhere and started forcing on me...It happened really fast.... I was..so scared. I thought i was going to be........Thank you, Manik"

She is still shivering by clutching his shirt tightly in her head. He doesn't know what to do, i mean how to console her. As the relationship they share is not that much good and she kinda loathes him, also he is only familiar to the Alia who is like a wild cat but now she is so scared. This side of her is very new to him.

Manik didn't hug her back, but he patted on her shoulders "Relax, nothing has happened" he said trying to console her.

She got calm and left him awkwardly, she wiped her tears by controlling herself. She walked towards her car, "Can you go alone?" he asked her being unsure about her condition.

 "Yes, i can manage. My house is just a two streets away from here. You can carry on" she said by putting all her shopping bags in her car by keeping herself strong. Wow, she really is a strong girl, he thought.

"Okay then, be careful from next time," Manik told her by walking towards his bike and she nodded by listening to his words by starting her car. 

Manik settled on his bike and then he just followed her car making sure not to get caught by her, not like stalking but he just wants to make sure that she reached safely, you know. Her home is actually near to here, after making sure she reached inside her home, he thought now it's time to reach his destination and he checked his watch.

Great, now i am going to be late for my date!

**********

Hey everyone, so how is it? So many things happened in this chapter, right?

And yes, need suggestions for their outfits!

Please show your love for this story.

*VOTE*COMMENT*SHARE*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 827 12
Hi all, This story is from Male lead perspective. This is not completely my story. I read this story somewhere and I wanted to write this for MaNan...
Mr & Mrs By Tara

Fanfiction

8.2K 874 11
A newly married couple. One of them was not ready for the marriage. And other one was falling for the first one. Now what will happen when one wants...
84.9K 8.9K 46
This is a story of a heartless monster and a shattered angel.. its a story where the fate of two souls who are broken beyond repair will bring them t...
478K 22.5K 74
(this was my very first story few years back when i was an immature so read at your own risk😂 childish story ) As the story name suggests its a stor...