Pokémon: Mysteries of Alola

By TheForgottenShimmer

A boy 16 years of age comes to the region of Alola with his mother for a fresh start in life. Alola's Island... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Alola to the Alola Region!
Chapter 2: Festival of the Guardian
Auhtor's Note
Chapter 3 Preview
Chapter 3: Begin the Island Challenge
Chapter 4 - Rotom's Picture -
Valentine's Day Special!
Chapter 5 -Trial of Ilima -
Chapter 6 - Z-Crystal Obtained! -
Chapter 7 - Kahuna Hala's Grand Trial! -
A/N: Very late chapter coming up
Chapter 8 - Akala Island -
Chapter 9 - Type: Null? -
Chapter 10 - Trial of Lana -
Chapter 11 - Trial of Kiawe -
Chapter 12 - An Inn Problem -
A/N: No updates until the next week
Chapter 13 - Ultra Wormhole? -
Chapter 14 - ???? -
A/N: Slight Break
I am BACK
Chapter 15 - Ula'ula Island -
Chapter 16 - Big Bad Boss of Team Skull -
Chapter 17 - Final Team Members -
Chapter 18 - Po Town -
Chapter 19 - Rush to Aether Paradise -
Chapter 20 - Beasts Run Wild -
Chapter 21 - Akihiro and Azelf -
Chapter 22 - To Poni Island -
Chapter 23 - The Moon Flute -
Chapter 24 - Lunala -
A/N: Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
Chapter 25 - Nebby is Yours -
Chapter 26 - The Road to Victory -
Chapter 27 - Champion of Alola -
Chapter 28 - Icarus -
Chapter 29 - UB Problems -
Chapter 31 - The Blinding One -
A/N: Merry Christmas
Chapter 32 - Necrozma -
A/N: Updates!
Chapter 33 - Ultra Megalopolis -
Chapter 34 - Light -
Chapter 35 - Date -
Chapter 36 - Lillie and Lusamine -
Chapter 37 - Life on Alola -
Epilogue
Final Author's Note
Hello Again!

Chapter 30 - Letters to Lillie

258 3 0
By TheForgottenShimmer

Dear Lillie,
I wanted to write to you to see how you and mother were doing. I know it's been a while since my last letter, running Aether while you two are away is... difficult to say the least. But, don't worry, Wicke has been helping me and she takes a lot of the pressure off. And, about the Ultra Beasts problem I mentioned last time, don't worry, Akihiro has been keeping them in check. So far, he's gained the trust of all but the Guzzlord and the Xurkitree. He's had more luck with the Xurkitree, it's easier to reach in height. The Celesteela, the large green one in one of the pictures he sent, warmed up to him immediately, he was terrified the entire time. Besides that, everything's been going well. I challenged Akihiro for the Champion Seat, I lost. I was disappointed, but I'm going to surpass him one day. I will wait to hear from you.
Love, Gladion

Hi Lillie!
I told you I'd write you a long letter! But... I broke it down into a couple. That's easier... anyways, guess what? I rode a Tauros the other day with Tutu!! He had me ride a calmer one, but it's okay, I preferred that one. Before I wrote this, I challenged Akihiro to a battle in the Champion's Room, but I lost. He's doing really good defending his title! He's told me he's even taken a nap during a battle because he hadn't gotten sleep the night before, but gave out orders to his Pokémon regardless! I dunno how he did, but he did. Oh! Tutu just handed me the picture Akihiro took of me while I was riding the Tauros! Look! Tapu Koko is in the back!! Oh wow... I'll have to make Akihiro get me another copy, he saves all his photos even if they've been printed, so he can get me one. Enjoy the photo and I hope Kanto life has been treating you well!!
- Hau

Dear Lillie,
Life as Kahuna sure is somethin' else, y'know. A lot of challengers have approached me as of late, it's amazin'! Ol' Nanu used to be the one for the grand trial on Poni, but now that it's me, it's been a little hectic. Oh, sorry this has to be so short Lillie, a challenger just approached me as I write this. Good luck to you and your mother, dear!
From, Hapu

Lillie,
Plumeria here, and Guzma too. He's being a baby and doesn't wanna write his own letter cause he thinks he'll look needy. Anyways, we just wanted to check up on you and the President and see how you're doing. We may be a bunch of misfits, but we care about you two. Hope you're doing real well and the President ain't causing much trouble.
- Plums and Big G

Dear Lillie,
5 letters this time, including my own. Man, I never knew being a Champion could be this exhausting. I don't know if Hau wrote about it in his letter, but I ended up falling asleep in a battle against Sophocles. I felt bad, but he didn't mind. I just needed some rest. So, about that vision I wrote about, a similar one happened the other day. This time though, I was asleep. It's weird, but whatever this "Blinding One" is, I know we can stop it if it threatens Alola. Don't tell Gladion, but oh man I've been feeling drained from battling recently. If he knew though, he'd insist on staying with me when I'm battling challengers. I think it's great though, he's really considering us friends now. Hehe... Well, this is the end of my letter, maybe we'll all take a break to come see you, Lillie. I'll leave the Beasts here, don't want to freak your mother out. See you later.
- Akihiro

Lillie ran a hand through her hair, smiling as she read the last of the letters. Lusamine had been getting better, she could write back about that. "Clefairy!" Her Clefairy ran up to her, jumping onto her lap.

"Hehe, hello Pippy!" She pat the Clefairy on her head, grabbing some nearby paper and a pencil to write her replies.

"Lillie," Lusamine sat up from her spot on the couch, glancing over at her daughter, "Can you do me a favor?"

"Of course Mother! What do you need?"

"A glass of water and an apple if you don't mind."

"Of course I don't! I'll get them for you now. Pippy, will you grab the apple for me?"

"Clefairy!"

---

Akihiro laughed to himself as he watched Nebby fly around. It was getting ready for its battle against Tapu Koko, they were getting stronger and prepared for the battle. It had been a year since Lillie left and the Ultra Beasts fiasco, life on Alola settled down. It had also been a year since Akihiro became champion, and he had defended his title well. At 17, he felt like he had accomplished much in his lifetime, and felt proud of himself. Icarus was by his side, still a Type: Null. Though, they were much closer than when they had first met. Akihiro felt he was close to finally gaining its full trust.

"Nebby!" He called to the Pokémon, "Come on! I know you're the Legendary Moon Pokemon, but I'm just a teenager and need my sleep!"

"Lunaaa!" It called, swooping down towards him. It stopped just a few feet in front of him.

"There we go. Back into your ball."

"Hey you!" Akihiro looked over to find two former Aether Employees. He let out a sigh, "For fucks sake... What do you want?"

By their side were two Pokémon: A Kommo-O and a Scizor. He raised an eyebrow, his hand slowly moving towards his Poké Balls. Icarus was growling at the two employees.

"That Type: Null," One called, "We may not have the first one, but we will have that one, even if it's by force."

Akihiro rolled his eyes, "Its name is Icarus," He corrected, "I hope you know I'm Champion for a reason. I kicked your sorry asses before, I'll do it again."

The Scizor glanced at its Trainer, who nodded. Akihiro was busy paying attention to the Kommo-o, who seemed to be inching closer to him. Before he knew it, the Scizor had trapped him in its clutches. Akihiro glanced back at Icarus and shouted "Run, Icarus!"

"Kommo-O! Attack him with a Dragon Claw!"

Akihiro shut his eyes, getting hit by a Pokémon move could do massive damage if the Pokémon was using its full force. The wound he'd received from the Drowzee trying to hurt Lillie hadn't healed until around two months later, and that was a year ago. He still had the scar on his arm from it.

Instead of running away like Akihiro had asked, Icarus erupted a cry and dashed forward to attack the Kommo-O, knocking it away from him. Akihiro opened his eyes, and it jumped over him to attack the Scizor. As soon as it released him, Akihiro reached for his Poké Balls and let out Ophelia and Ozul. During one of their Champion battles, Ophelia had evolved into a Gengar.

"Ozul! Ophelia! Attack now!"

Ophelia grabbed Ozul as he began charging up for a thunderbolt and had the two of them disappear. Akihiro ran up to Icarus, and his eyes widened. The helmet was gone, he could see pieces of it scattered around Icarus. Three spikes like Silvally's had sprouted out of its head, and it turned to face him. "Icarus... you... You did that... to save me?"

Icarus nodded, and the boy felt tears welling up in his eyes. He glanced back at the Aether Employees as Rotom popped up explaining about Icarus' new move: Multi Attack. Akihiro grabbed one of the disks Gladion had given him for when Icarus evolved.

"Icarus, take this Ice Disk and use Multi Attack on them!"

Ozul and Ophelia backed away from the other Pokémon, watching Icarus strike them down with its Multi Attack. Ophelia giggled mischievously waving to the Aether Employees as they panicked to grab their Pokémon. "Y-You...!"

Icarus and Akihiro took a step forward, each having a menacing look on their faces. "Run."

---

Icarus and Silvally were playing around the conservation area, either chasing each other in their own form of tag or tossing a toy in the air to grab it from the other. Gladion and Akihiro stood a few feet away, watching them.

"Icarus really likes you, y'know," Akihiro said, looking at Gladion, "Probably because I've seen you sneak it Rainbow Beans after I said it had enough."

Gladion's cheeks darkened slightly, embarrassed he had caught him, "...Well, can you blame me? When they look at me with those faces... it's hard to say no."

Akihiro chuckled, patting his shoulder, "When are you gonna come challenge me again? I'm getting bored beating the same old trainers who claim they can beat me. With you, your Pokémon usually can take mine for a run for their money."

"Not sure yet... We still need to get stronger before we can take you on again."

"I'll be waiting for you. Icarus! Come on buddy we have to go!"

Icarus bounced over to the boy, nuzzling against him happily. He waved goodbye to Gladion and took off for his home. Icarus had gotten used to coming home to the small home, along with greeting Akihiro's mother. The Pokémon followed him and rested its head in his lap as he sat down at his desk, pulling out a pencil and his notebook.

Dear Lillie,
I know normally I go around and get several letters from everyone to send to you every month or so, but this is important. Something incredible happened today! Well, today as in the day I'm writing this to you. The date's up in the corner. Anyways, Icarus finally trusted me enough to get rid of its helmet! I had Rotom take a picture asap (after we got rid of the people bugging us). I stopped by Aether to tell Gladion about it, he was so excited you should've seen the look on his face. Hehe... So, tell me, Lillie? When are you gonna come out here? We all have been missing you, it's been a year now so we can't wait to see you again. See you later.

- Akihiro

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5K 274 60
Millie, an eleven-year-old girl who lives in the Alola region, has always dreamed of being a pokemon trainer. But her mother believes pokemon are dan...
87.3K 2.1K 22
Your name? (Y/N) Sycamore. The problem? You don't know this. As the 14-year-old daughter of Pokémon Professor Augustine Sycamore, himself, life was p...
1.9K 2 93
4 Months after the ending of Pasio University, the students return from Summer break and are ready to get back to University for Sophomore year. thin...