The Sheikh's Fantasy Girl - C...

By JanVanEngen

Andie May can't believe when her agent calls and tells her, her best selling book has been picked up to be ma... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty - Six
Chapter Twenty Seven

Chapter Sixteen

10K 526 16
By JanVanEngen

"Kathie?" Andie repeated dazed. "I don't believe it. That doesn't make sense. Why should she?" Shihab handed over her a cup of tea, then settled down at her side, where she snuggled up against him. His arm went around her in protection.

"I think you can call it the little green-eyed monster."

"Yes, well," she tugged at her ear. "I can understand that, so what did you do?"

"Nothing. She swears she didn't cut your cord or cancel your cards. I believe her. She was upset by the fact Levi gave you his attention."

Knowing how it also affected him, she dropped her hand over his leg and caressed his leg. "Hmm, understand that," she confessed. She hated when the blond had all his attention. "I believe her, so who cut my power cord and cancel my cards?" She stared up at him as if looking for answers.

"No proof, but I wouldn't put anything past that one," he sighed. "At least I got you back. I can't tell you at this time what is going on. Can you trust me, Andrea?"

"Of course," she breathed. "Oh," she sat up suddenly. "It must have been over the time Levi gave me a shoulder to cry on." She smiled. "He was so kind, we just had one of our little spats and, by the way, I hated them," shaking her head, she lowered her eyes. "I couldn't understand why we were so distant when we were connecting," she looked up at him. "Was I so wrong?" She asked desperately.

"You know you weren't," reaching for her half-drunk tea, he placed it down on a side table, then gathered her up onto his lap and wrapped her in his arms, where she snuggled up against him. His hand caressed her leg as they just held each other, talked and laughed, all rewrites forgotten until they shared a meal, where she did go over what she had written.

"You are a natural at this Andrea," he praised.

"Huh!" She scoffed. "My nerves can't handle it."

"Does the new power cord work?"

"Perfectly. I always seem to get a battery that only lasts for two hours and then dies. They always promise more but never have."

"You can change settings," he pointed out. "Shall I have a look?" She waved him over to her laptop that he opened, and glanced across. 

Trust, there had to be trust, so told him her password. Hadn't he already done the same for her? She was a fool. Standing, she crossed over and settled down on the arm of his chair, watching as he went through the settings, changing a few things to make her battery work longer than before.

"It's just the type of battery you have. How old is this laptop?"

"Three years." He nodded. She leaned forward, placing her arm around his neck. "And?"

"Just getting on, the more you use up space the slower it will work."

"Yes, I know that. I just don't like changing my laptops. I get used to one type, but no, they have to keep updating everything. It's a pain in the butt."

"Andrea," he moaned, leaning back. "You need to keep up with it if you use it as you do. Don't worry about it, I have sorted it out."

Her eyes narrowed, eyeing him off. "What have you done now?"

"Got a new toy for you to play with. It will be waiting for you when we get to Abu Dhabi." She leaned in and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you."

"What?" He looked at her startled. "No argument? No, I can look after myself?"

"I am learning Shihab there is no point going up against you," she said softly.

He frowned. "I just want to look after you."

"I know," she sighed. He glanced at her sideways.

"And you will let me?" She nodded because she didn't want to fight him anymore, only to squeal, when he tumbled her down onto his lap and covered her lips with his own. She melted in his arms.

"And about time," he whispered. "Now if you had been like this from the beginning."

She lifted her legs in the air, crossing them. "Now that would make life far too easy for people like you," she teased, feeling very lighthearted. Then his phone rang that she wanted to throw away. Sighing, she sat up as he went to answer. His arm went around her waist, so she couldn't escape him, and snuggled in. Then he hung up, glancing down with troubled eyes.

"Let me guess the blond is back." He nodded, stroking her hair.

"I have no control over this Andrea. It's important she is here at this time, as my guest."

"Yes, I know," she moaned in pain, easing out of his hold. He had to let her go and stood.

"I better see to this. How about breakfast tomorrow?" He dared to ask.

She turned on him, arms crossed. "Are you sure about that?" Suddenly she frowned as struck by an idea. "What about CCTV? They do have cameras here at the resort. Maybe we could find out who picked up the wastepaper basket. So it wasn't your wastepaper basket, no," she frowned. "You would notice if someone was carrying a basket around."

"Sorry, already checked. The cameras were knocked out by the storm, they are back online now. They had to fly someone in and it took time to get it fixed. Andrea," he moved, closing the distance, threading a hand through her hair. "I have no choice in this." He planted a kiss on her lips, and then was gone. 

Sighing, she turned and went back to what she had been doing, before he arrived.

She stared out the window instead.

There was still the issue of Carla Langley.

Placing down the lid of her laptop, Andie released a long breath.  Obviously, his hands were tied. She wandered around her new rooms, heading out onto the balcony, now glad she insisted on separate suites.

Placing her hands on the balcony rail, she looked out passed the resort into the distant desert. It was all rather confusing. He sent out one message and then acted on another. She was no good at these things. Matter's of the heart, only how to write them. Life was nothing like what she wrote, yet..... It felt so right. 

Trust him, he had asked. Had more to do with it, when she was away from him, she had doubts. When in his company, she was fine.

Suddenly she knew exactly what she was doing, turning back into the room; she reached for the house phone and booked her special dinner. Something she had wanted to do from the first time she had read about it.

Dinner in the desert.

Friday night it was, after being back on set, where she was heading back today. She had a job to do, grabbing her gear and raced out. Stopping at Shihab's door, she knocked and walked in, when it was opened. "Is he here?" She inquired of the butler.

"What is it, Andrea?" Shihab asked, walking out of his bedroom, wrapped in a towel.

Speechless, she pointed out behind her. "I, um, heading back," she blinked, trying to keep her thoughts on track, very hard with his rock-hard abs on display. Rippling sculptured chest and biceps. The man was dangerous to a girl's system, going all gooey inside, standing there like a stunned mullet.

"Andrea," he growled, crossing his arms across his broad chest. 

She licked suddenly dry lips, moving towards him, drawn. His arms went around her as she joined him, walking them both into his bedroom. She kicked the door closed behind them. Pity her hands were full, tilting her face towards his as it came down and shared a leisurely kiss. His hands were free to run over her curves.

"Are you sure you are ready to go back?" She nodded, melting against him. "I won't be joining you today."

"I know," she sighed against his lips.

"Not long then she would be gone," he promised.

She leaned back, blinking at him. "I thought you promised her a part in the film?"

"Had to. I still might have to, if that is alright with you."

"Really? You're asking me now? Too late, I've got to go," she snatched a kiss, turned and walked out. 

Racing downstairs, she joined the crew and head out to the set. She saw Miles and he promised he would have her back in time for her dinner date. 

As promised she got back in plenty of time, to shower, get changed, and went out on her adventure.

Travelling by camel, across the desert under the starry night was everything she thought, and the gentle rolling sway of the giant beasts, even if the standing was hair raising, with all that dipping forward, feeling like one was going to arse over tit, fingers digging into the saddle.

Just as she had written it, grinning.

Leaving the resort behind, they headed out towards a campsite situated out in the desert, with a Bedouin-style meal with entertainment that sounded like fun. Shihab was correct about tasting life for herself, so she could put more depth into the scenes. 

The way the dunes were under the starry night skies. The tall palm trees with large foliage, sprouting from the top could cast a sinister shadow of menace, or tall protective soldiers standing guard protecting their fair land. 

Palm trees in the middle of nowhere had to be a sign of water.

She wasn't alone, others from the resort were travelling with her, but she was the only one by herself, in the lead. The others behind, there had been a hum of whispers, so she could enjoy the spectacular view of reality in peace.

The dimming lights of the resort behind them were slowly disappearing into nothing, making her more conscious of being ambushed by anyone. She had known nobody in her travelling party, mostly young couples, friends, and a couple of oldies, from all over the world. 

She loved the diversity.

All friendly, obviously she wasn't seen as a threat. 

Pity the others didn't see her that way. She never thought she would be so glad when her part was done and could leave the set. However, as she looked around, there was no reason she couldn't stay longer in this magnificent land.

She really would love to spend more time in Dubai and see what was on offer. She barely scratched the surface. There was no reason she couldn't. She had the money to travel. Once she got back to the resort, she would have to look into it. 

No, she couldn't. Damn. She could ask Shihab for his advice, but he had his hands full. 

Trust him. It's about time she did.

Sighing, she pushed him out of her mind. She twitched her nose in disgust and huffed. Her camel made a deep moaning sound. 

"Sorry old girl, not you." Shaking her head, she forced her attention around her, not some oversexed producer. 

She had no real idea how hard it was to banish someone from one's mind when they filled it in so many ways. His deep rolling voice, yet so softly spoken, his liquid silver eyes, striking features, strong, bold, and define, like the rest of him. Well developed and toned that didn't come naturally. 

One had to work out to have such male perfection.

She inhaled a deep breath, breathing in the sand, hearing it crunch under the hooves of the beasts, falling into a lull of the rhythm of the animal movement. A rolling from side to side, letting the peace all around her take over. 

She was going to enjoy her night, breathe in the atmosphere, absorb it, and remember.  There were going to be a lot of memories, brought back with her. All emotional. She just wished Shihad was here, with her, enjoying this.

Usually, it was only in her head, but now seeing this for herself, she felt more alive, and surely she would be better off for it. What did they say? It is better to live for a while than not lived at all.

Out of the sands, it appeared, a lit up the campsite. 

Spread out rugs with pillows, with low tables, and others with ottomans. Tables under open poled canopies. Food preparation tents. Climbing down from her camel, helped down by her guide, she stood there in awe. 

There was a beautiful golden, purple tinge to the sky. Patches of light on the sand, others in shadows, dancing around her in a magical world. Her heart ached, wishing Shihab was here with her. This was something she should've done with him.

One of the robe men approached her and showed her to her seat.

Settled in her spot, surrounded by cushions on a large Persian rug, she stretched out on her side, raised on her elbow, one leg up and arm rested upon her knee as she had written it often. Next, she would need one of those water pipes called a hookah to suck on, water bubbling and releasing smoke into the air. 

Not that she would, just setting the scene. Beside her was a round, low, brass table, on top a small glass light and drinks. Around her were flames dancing from the top of bamboo torches, standing tall in the sands. 

Behind were more rugs and canopy tents all tied back, with tables and ottomans under.

Cue in the music, with her mind. 

Then it happened like magic, the beating of the drums. Such a strong, steady rhythmic beat that coursed through one's blood awakening the senses. She sat up more, closing her eyes, absorbing the beat. 

Tuning into it, following with her head, turning and opening her eyes, seeing a group of robed men off to the side, seated, beating on their drums, all sizes, and flames from a campfire dancing in the shadows.

Then she saw them. 

Shihab and that blond actress, knocking her for a six. 

It should have been them, not her. This time she couldn't walk away. She was stuck here until they left again. The enjoyment of the night washed out of her as she focused back on the drummers, changed to sit up, and pulled the dress around her as she sat cross-legged and stared straight ahead, so aware of him being so close. 

Suddenly very aware of everyone around her, all in couples or groups, and she was alone. 

The story of her life.

She reached for her handbag and went for the one thing that always made her feel safe, removing her pad and pen and started writing what she saw. What she felt and she smiled. She wrote about the dancing flames from the bamboo torches, all around the campsite. 

The open tents, the people, and the gentle breeze had cooled considerably. 

The aromas of the spices of the food they had just consumed.

The hum of whispers or laughter echoed through the night. 

The starlit skies, the darkened gentle slopes of the dunes. One of the most romantic settings she had ever seen. Her hero would take his heroine to a place like this, under the stars, where they would fall in love.

Her gaze was caught and glanced up, once more lost in her writing. 

Sucking in her breath at the sight of a belly dancer, emerging out onto a provided rug, in orange, and red silks, gold girt with coins, harem pants, holding a veil. The bra-style top with more coins at the midriff with long transparent sleeves hips shaking, as the beat intensified. She shimmied, rocking back and forth on her feet, hip out shaking the coins. 

A swirl of colour arms an extension of the dance. 

The veil twisting around her, full of grace and elegance.

The girl made it look so easy, and she knew how hard it was, trying to learn the dance once, with basic moves from a DVD. She gave up quickly on that when she was all feet and awkward. So relieved she had been alone and at home, clapping enthusiastically as the dancer finished. 

The DVD lessons didn't do it justice, seeing it alive, and with such professionalism, put a whole different twist on it.

Her guide crouched down at her side. "Yes?" She asked warily. Had she done something wrong?

"Come with me Miss Andie," she stood and followed towards the tents, where the dancer had come from. He opened a flap and she went in. She was greeted by a group of girls, all waving her in, where she was handed over a very bright purple belly dancing outfit covered in sequins. 

She changed into it as indicated by the girls.

It was like nothing she had worn before.

A dancing outfit of purple with a tight short bodice pushing her breasts up and full with thin straps and dangling tussles beneath her breasts, against her bare midriff, with matching arm bands, and wrist chains that beaded around her finger. 

The skirt had matching beads, and embroidery, v down the front and sides from a low hugging hipped skirt, solid material and transparent between, showing off her legs through the material of the full skirt.

They added makeup heavier than she had ever worn; making her eyes smoky, mysterious and exotic that she would never associate with herself in a million years. Then went out onto the carpet stage, with the other dancers, where she was shown basic moves that she caught on quickly. 

So much easier to understand that she was losing herself to the beat, following their moves, hip shaking, shoulders shimmying. However, could never do the muscle movement of the belly, rocking back and forth on her feet as she moved, turning, twisting which was exhausting. Coins jingling.

Completely lost in the moment, she wasn't self-conscious of being in front of everyone, even bowed when she finished, turning to the girls, pressing hands together and bowed towards them then raced off, back into the tents behind, laughing with joy. 

That was so much fun. On a high, she didn't want to change. 

For the first time, she felt free, brave, and an adventurer.

"Can I buy?" She asked, pulling at her skirt. "Money?" She rubbed her fingers together. The girls talked between themselves. She chewed on her bottom lip, language such a barrier. "Hold on for five minutes," she held up her hand spread and pointed at herself then outside. "Back in five." 

Desperate times called for desperate measures and rushed back to the gathering, the single dancer back on the show. She made a beeline for one couple. The blond scowled as she approached, touching Shihab's arm, drawing his attention to her since he seemed deep in thought. 

She couldn't help wondering if he noticed her at all.

"Sorry for interrupting your.....um date, but I need your skills, Shihab."

He leaned back into his seat, arms crossed, resting his eyes on her face, his expression blank. Okay, what did that mean? Trust him when he was so distant. "My skills? What skills would they be?"

"Come with me and I'd tell you."

Interest flared in his eyes. The blond bristled. "Can't you see he is busy," she said in an uppity English voice. Andie ignored her because she had been talking to Shihab. He remained silent, his eyes not once leaving her face.

"Well, if not, I'm sure I can find someone else." 

He didn't move. Fine. 

Turning away from him, she looked around. Searching for her guide, because he did speak English also. She headed towards more Arab-looking men, seeking out her guide. Strong fingers claimed her upper arm. Warmth flowed through her body.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" He hissed.

"Looking for help, since you were so reluctant to do so." Her eyes fell upon his hand on her arm, fingers clamped tightly around. His hand fell away and crossed his arms.

"What do you want, Andrea?" Shihab asked, sounding tired.

"Come with me," she charged off on a mission to be followed, going behind the scenes.

"La, la" they turned towards her, waving her out. She turned behind her and found no Shihab. Sighing, she went back out of the tent, finding him standing outside.

"Well, you can't help me from here," she gasped in frustration.

"And I cannot go in there."

"Tell me the word to get someone to follow me out then."

"Tell me what this is all about," he threw back at her.

"This," she waved a hand over her outfit. "I want to buy it and take it back as a souvenir. " She looked at him and his gaze was still focused on her face.

"I would fix it on the condition you change. You cannot stay like that," he said softly. 

Pursing her lips, arms crossed under her silk-covered breasts, she reluctantly gave in. She would run around it in her suite instead, she consoled herself.

"But I'm keeping this on," she pointed at her jewelled veil.

His features softened and reached out to touch the transparent silky veil. "You're really tasting our lifestyle. Where did you learn to belly dance? That wasn't the first time you have done that." So he had noticed her after all. Was it all an act because of her? She did hate all this pretence. 

"Very miserable attempts, seeing the dance being done alive made much more sense."

"Hmm, self-taught, surrounding yourself in all things Middle Eastern." She looked at him blankly.

"I have no idea what you mean."

He leaned in. "Yes, you do. Do as I ask and I would make it happen."

"Okay, you win," she spun around and headed back into the tent, crossing over towards her clothes, and changing back into them. She lovingly folded the outfit and turned, ready to hand it back. To have a girl wave at her to take. Her heart soared. She tugged at the veil that she was still wearing. The girl nodded.

"Shukran, shukran," she touched her heart with a clenched fist. Happy with her lot, she headed out, finding Shihab gone, taking the polish off the moment. Though shouldn't have been surprised. He had done what he had promised. She went back to her seat, finding it filled by others. Normally she would be peeved, instead, she gathered her belongings.

"Sorry, did we take your place?" The pretty dark-headed American girl asked.

"No, it's fine, enjoy." Shouldering her bag, she looked around, spotting a free table at the back that she headed towards, only to have her arm caught again, and guided away. She looked up at Shihab.

"Where are you going now?" She waved towards the free table that was beginning to fill.

"Nowhere," perhaps she should have gone back to the resort.

"Then join us." Join him? Surely he's kidding her.

"I'm not sure your friend would want me to," she pointed out. She knew it for a fact.

"She's only jealous because you were magnificent, and she can't shine a light against you."

Gasping, she looked at him stunned. "Shihab, should you even be saying that to me, especially around her."

"No matter what you think Andrea, she is only a client, not my new love interest. And must I remind you, you have the problem, if I remember, not me?"

"Shihab," she groaned. "We work together."

"Then I fire you."

She stopped dead, placing a hand on his arm and smiled. "Really?"

He clicked his tongue in disgust. "No!" And walked away towards the table, he was sharing with the blond. 

They were sharing one side, so she slid down onto the divan seating, the opposite side and gently placed down her treasure trove at her side, bag on top, unzipped and removed her pad and pen, going back to the show that she enjoyed, jotting down notes, feeling moved.

 Hand movement telling a story, an extension of her body. The rolling of the exposed belly rippled.

"That is amazing, so much control over the muscles," she gushed. "I must find out what all those hand gestures mean," she added mainly to herself, jotting it all down.

"Years of training, habibti," Shihab added. She smiled across lost in her special world.

"I know trained in the art of pleasure for Sultans or Sheikhs, actually for the pleasure of men."

"And she says that smiling," the blond clicked her tongue in disgust. 

She shrugged, went back to her pad, and kept jotting down about the music, and the surrounding scenery. It was magical, letting it take over. Then she was writing the scene that had been eluding her. 

Placed on the table, she wrote, lost in her story, in another world.

Shihab watched her as she fell into her special world, the way she glowed, head down, hair surrounded by the soft silky purple veil, gems glowing under the burning flames from the bamboo torches. He wanted desperately to lean over her and watch her magic happening upon the pages, being close to her, breathing in her special fragrance that was only Andrea.

"What's the point of doing that when she is supposed to be watching and experiencing after being on such display."

That was the final straw as far as he was concerned and leaned towards the blond. She purred, placing a hand on his lap and squeezing that he removed and dropped back into her lap. Startled blue eyes looked at him. 

"One more word and our contract would be dissolved, and you would not work in my company again or anywhere else in the business. We all know you have burned all your candles in London." 

She shot him a hard glare, stood, and walked away.

He turned back towards Andrea, head down and writing away. He leaned back in his seat and just enjoyed the view in front of him. Now and then she glanced across, watching the dancing; smiling, then went back to writing, as if struck by an idea.

"And I thought you had two left feet," Shihab suddenly stated.

She glanced up, blinking. "Ah, but that's with a partner."

He leaned closer, placing his hands on the table between them. "You could have knocked me over with a feather. Never saw you doing that in anyone's company."

"They made it easy," she smiled. "I'm surprised I was even asked. Why did they pick me? Because I was alone, and pathetic looking?"

"Andrea," he warned.

"I was just wondering why they picked me out, and no one else." He sighed, leaning back in the seat. "And what are you doing here?"

"And why are you going on such adventures without me?" He asked, crossing his arms, brow raised.

"Would you have been free to go with me?" She dared. He hadn't been on set all day.

"I know it's not fair on you Andrea, but my hands are tied."

She shook her head. "You don't owe me anything. I'm fine," she gave him a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes.

"No, you're not, and I am not having you going off the rails again." Her eyes widened. He moaned, leaning forward and covering her hand on the table. "I don't want us falling out again."

"What about your um...guest?" She asked, looking around.

"That is exactly what she is my guest," he added. Her gaze shot back towards him, searching. He closed his eyes and then stared at her in disbelief. "You didn't think I was involved with her."

She licked suddenly dry lips. "Of course not," she gave a nervous laugh, eyeing him sideways. "She is very, very......"

"Over the top, I know," he concluded for her.

"Not quite what I was going to say."

"How about we share a camel back and you can tell me your thoughts," he suggested.

"Okay," she beamed. Andie gathered her things and placed them in her handbag, even her folded outfit.

Together they headed back to where her caravan of camels waited with their guide. There was enough room for two on her camel, even with the cover. Placing her hands together, she bowed at her guide Hassan from India. "I have a guest."

He repeated the gesture. "Very good Missy."

"Thank you," she climbed onto the lowered camel, Shihab's firm secure hands on her waist that felt so right, then joined behind her, while she edged forward, holding the front of the saddle.

"I'm not sure I like this," he grumbled.

She looked behind him distressed. "How could you not like this," she protested. "There is nothing like riding a camel through the desert."

"Ah, but you are too far away from me. I prefer you here," he patted in front of him at the gap between them. She wiggled back until she felt his body against hers and his arm went firmly around her waist, holding her in place as the camel rose. 

Everyone else was aboard their camels, and they headed back towards the resort. She leaned further back, resting her head on his broad shoulder.

"Now isn't this better?" He whispered against her ear.

"Than what?" She dared, his hold tightened around her waist.

He took a deep breath and rested his chin on top of her head. "Let's leave that until we get back and we can talk about it in private. I don't want this distance between us anymore. I want it back to the way it was."

The problem with that was she wanted so much more, turning her face, and staring out into the darkened desert. The only light was from the moon. She melted against Shihab, resting a hand on his arm around her waist. 

She had never seen this happening tonight, feeling at peace, closing her eyes as he stroked fingers across her midriff.

She wanted this forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 7.3K 66
Travel writer Stella comes face-to-face with ex-boyfriend Killian when she's forced to give him a ride to her best friend's wedding in South Africa...
12.5K 625 16
~Completed~Ilana Bodnar knew Ari Levinson was going to break her heart. They grew up together, in a small suburb outside of NYC, two of the few Jewis...
6.1K 340 42
Georgia has always held a fascination for the Middle East. With little money and nothing to keep her home, she seizes the chance to teach English in...
861 159 31
"Win, you gotta come out someday," she said and I buried my head in my pillow shaking my head. "Leave me be" I snapped and she shook her head and sa...