The Lone Surviver

By jeonishh

"How did you have the strength to just... shoot?" "He was already dead." He pauses, leaning his rifle against... More

O N E
T W O
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N

T H R E E

247 24 16
By jeonishh

Taehyung's POV

Saturday 21st August 2074

"I need to go, I need to go," I frantically mumble. I grab my phone and check the time, seeing 23 missed calls and 34 texts. All from Nayeon.

"Go where?" Jungkook asks cluelessly.

"My sister! She was with her friend last night."

"Taehyung."

I tighten the laces of my shoes and grab my phone before heading to the door.

"Taehyung."

I continue stepping over people, almost in tears.

"Taehyung!"

"What?" I shout.

"It's Saturday," Jungkook says.

"What?"

"The party was on Wednesday. This disease didn't happen overnight."

My heart drops. I click my phone on and see Saturday on the screen. I stand still and my chest begins to tighten.

"Taehyung I'm sorry."

"I need to go."

"You can't go alone." Jungkook persists.

"She's my responsibility, not yours, Jungkook!"

"Taehyung, I don't want you to get hurt," he explains. "I want to help you."

"Jungkook, I'm going by myself whether you want me to or not," I turn around and begin to walk to the stairs, to find where the others are.

"Taehyung wait!"

***

"What?" Jin looks utterly shocked.

"You can't leave by yourself, you'll die out there," Boseon exclaims.

"I have to find my sister. I have to know if she's okay. It's Saturday. We were asleep for two days!"

"Taehyung, please just let me come with you," Jungkook pleads.

"Jungkook no, I'm sorry but you don't even know him," Hoseok interjects.

"We'll take you there, you can't go by yourself however far it is," Jungkook continues pertinaciously, not taking no for an answer.

"No." Everyone looks to Yoongi.

"He's not coming with us."

"Yoongi I'm so sorry about your sister, I know you're hurting right now but it wasn't his fault," Hoseok steps in front of him.

"You would've died," Jungkook explains.

***

"So where did you say your car was?" Boseon asks Jin.

"I parked it further away cos there was literally no space down here yesterday," Jin answers

Yoongi also had to park quite far away. Probably further than we did.

"Wait. Do you hear that?" Yoongi abruptly stops.

"Hear what?" Jungkook asks.

"Yeah, it sounds like some kind of low growling?" Boseon replies.

"It's getting louder," Jin speaks with rising panic in his voice.

"You may or may not want to look behind you," Hoseok says cautiously.

Slowly turning around, I see at least 20 'walkers', as the others call them.

"Don't make any sudden movements. Keep walking calmly, and quietly," Boseon explains just loud enough so that we can all hear.

"We're prey," Yoongi responds.

Jungkook furrows his brows.

With Yoongi at the front and Jin about a couple feet behind us. The walkers have stopped. For some reason, they're just standing there.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"We need to go, now."

"Don't ask questions. On three, we run," Yoongi speaks.

"Wait no Yoongi-"

"One.." Boseon interrupts Hoseok.

"Three!" Jin shouts and already starts to run.

It feels like I'm going to be sick, my stomach is doing somersaults. My heart, in my throat, beating so loudly that it's all I can hear, as it races, pounds, the noise echoing throughout my head. Jungkook grabs hold of my wrist and pulls me along with him, I couldn't move, it took a moment before the panic set in. The growling increased as does my heartbeat with each stride.

The walkers have an immediate response, they're right behind us, hunting us.

I turn my head back, while Jungkook lets go of my wrist, the walkers are getting closer but I quickly look ahead. Only then I realise I can't see the others.

My eyes dot around frantically, trying to place where the rest of the group is.

As I near an alley, a hand lunges out of nowhere. It grabs my forearm, stretching the left sleeve of my jumper and yanks me towards them.

The next thing I know, I'm stumbling towards Hoseok before abruptly stopping myself from crashing into him by placing my hands against the wall, either side of him.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook worries. "You're not hurt are you?"

My eyes widen as large as saucers at how scary that was, running from your death. Our chests were almost touching, our faces only inches away, bodies almost flush against each other.

"No, I'm, I'm good."

***

Author's POV

The six boys take care in walking quieter as they find their way to the vehicles.

Holding back a step, Boseon softly elbows Taehyung, "you're welcome for earlier."

"For what?" Taehyung turns to the elder.

"Saving your life."

***

"Where are we?" Hoseok asks.

I have no clue. We haven't seen any walkers since that incident. Maybe one or two but they were quite far away from our path to be of any danger to us.

"We should be back at Youngjae's house soon, then we can find our way from there," Yoongi explains.

It feels as though we're walking in circles. I slide my phone out from my front jean pocket and check the time. It was 12:40 when that collision happened with the walkers, so we've been trying to find the cars for thirty minutes now. I'm pretty sure I've burned off all those calories I gained at breakfast.

"Isn't that your car Jin?" I ask.

"Oh my God! Finally."

***

"Where is your sister right now?" Hoseok asks.

"Um.. In Croydon. That's where her friend's house is," I answer.

"We're going to Hastings. So we can drop you off on the way," Yoongi says.

"Wait Hastings? That's like over 60 miles."

"I have some friends there, they have a bunker."

"How do you know that?"

"They called me." Yoongi's face stays straight.

"How do you have signal?"

"I don't. Not anymore. It cut off but I know where to go," Yoongi answers.

***

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us?" Jungkook's brows are furrowed.

I sigh. "Yes."

"I haven't known you that long, probably like 4-5 hours. But that's long enough for me to know that I'm worried about you. Please Taehyung," Jungkook looks into my eyes, pleading me.

"We need groceries," Yoongi states simply.

"We should go to Tesco on the way," Jungkook exclaims,

We all get into the two vehicles; Yoongi driving, Boseon in the passenger seat. While Jin drives his car, Hoseok next to him and Jungkook and I in the back.

"We're picking up Jimin on the way."

***

Yoongi indicates to the left and parks in front of a house. The reddish bricks exposed. White window sills framing the front of the building. A golden handle on the white front door. We park behind him.

Boseon looks around outside checking for walkers before pushing open the door as the car slows to a halt. He strides up towards the house we are parked in front of and rings the doorbell. He pauses for a few seconds then knocks. Seems as though the doorbell isn't working.

A moment or two later the door swings open revealing a young guy with blonde hair. He brushed his fingers through it only for every strand to fall perfectly back into place.

The two men greet each other while no one can hear them from that distance as Jin, Hoseok, Jungkook and I stay quiet in the car. After a couple seconds, they go towards Yoongi's truck.

Boseon opens the passenger door and jumps in. Jimin pulls the car door and swings his legs round on the floor of the truck.

Yoongi starts up the car again.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Word count:
1255

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 13.2K 57
Any ideas you have or want to see message me xx
536K 25.8K 52
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
565K 29.2K 23
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
697K 27K 39
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...